Screenshot 2022-09-07 7.31.07 PM (resized).png
Lies (resized).jpg
F4D4DDD8-C77A-45BE-BEA9-0BFF2D407B56 (resized).png
MANN3 (resized).png
Manny (resized).jpg
D460B81D-3899-4843-B04A-7F7FC3A29E6D (resized).jpeg
719475B6-C989-4C46-A3C0-DF5ABD6C3328 (resized).jpeg
5C961D05-F425-4C0A-BFEA-C601A9392902 (resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider jkashani.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 2 years ago

The following is an account of a sale between myself and Manuel Metsikas (Manny10 on pinside, owner/CEO of lights out pinball). I would preface this by saying that I was warned about about doing business with him, by multiple respectable people in the pinball community. However I really wanted a Taxi and they do not come up often, so against my better judgement, I pursued the game. The game was advertised as full LED’s and as upgraded rubber parts. I put a refundable deposit on the game and it was to be shipped by his shipper after I found it hard to work pickup into my schedule. First, I believe that he used his sellers pictures, prior to having the game in his possession. It was pictured with leg protectors but that did not accompany the game, for what that's worth. After many inquiries he provided a video of the game working the night prior to shipment. He tried to up the price of shipping by $50, I declined and he agreed to ship at the previously agreed price. The pin arrived with no keys, the wrong legs (31 inches instead of 28.5). He blamed this on his shipper, stating that he was new. I believe it to be the responsibility of the seller to make sure, as best as they can, that the appropriate accessories to the game are accounted for. A simple label of the legs, and keys with the game would suffice. Apparently, his shipper gave my legs and keys to a person he was doing a trade with. Again, a minor mistake. The game had dirty rubbers (maybe he upgraded them with dirt) and had a few led’s on the topside (horrible ones) but was otherwise all incandescents with only two in the backbox with the only the flashers and a few lights present. There were no other lights in the headbox. When I spoke with him about this, in somewhat of a heated exchange, he still insisted it was all led’s. He then said he would send me led’s and when I said he should come and put them in he said he would “break the pinball game over my head” He also continually said I am the type of person that is never satisfied. I simply wanted a game, as advertised. He owns and LED company and I would figure he would know the difference. My impression is that he really did not look over the game and sold in in a hurried fashion. He tried to make concessions, and offered a full price buyback but that still would have left my hung for the shipping costs. The video he provided at the end showed the headbox and only the incandescent flashers present. I don't think I can upload videos but I am happy to share with any interested people. Either way, lesson learned and I would say that with any pinball purchase the best transaction is an in person cash transaction and "lights out" really means lights out.

01C3D56F-7FD9-409E-984A-6C5718548A0A (resized).jpeg01C3D56F-7FD9-409E-984A-6C5718548A0A (resized).jpeg03755362-6B47-4C00-9415-885CBB756A96 (resized).jpeg03755362-6B47-4C00-9415-885CBB756A96 (resized).jpeg10C8FA4E-81FB-4E89-9528-D831C71D7BF8 (resized).jpeg10C8FA4E-81FB-4E89-9528-D831C71D7BF8 (resized).jpeg1DF5D81C-8794-4E59-A7EC-B50AB7C4585D (resized).jpeg1DF5D81C-8794-4E59-A7EC-B50AB7C4585D (resized).jpeg22D35AE5-D427-4AE0-83D4-03B3D1C79DDE (resized).jpeg22D35AE5-D427-4AE0-83D4-03B3D1C79DDE (resized).jpeg236D8401-53C8-4235-8B45-4D981AEC8563 (resized).jpeg236D8401-53C8-4235-8B45-4D981AEC8563 (resized).jpeg2E2497BE-D6C6-4AB0-B616-F2A1FE5E6CF9 (resized).jpeg2E2497BE-D6C6-4AB0-B616-F2A1FE5E6CF9 (resized).jpeg33490FA0-2427-478E-B59E-7CF445DFAC76 (resized).jpeg33490FA0-2427-478E-B59E-7CF445DFAC76 (resized).jpeg3AF2D948-A1E8-43A1-8ACB-0A7107461659 (resized).jpeg3AF2D948-A1E8-43A1-8ACB-0A7107461659 (resized).jpeg51FC9971-3E2A-4363-8FC9-C0E174D1B413 (resized).png51FC9971-3E2A-4363-8FC9-C0E174D1B413 (resized).png5C4D5392-BC2E-462C-82E5-72F85FECC83C (resized).jpeg5C4D5392-BC2E-462C-82E5-72F85FECC83C (resized).jpeg5F912488-2E07-4920-8812-6D4A9CA93741 (resized).jpeg5F912488-2E07-4920-8812-6D4A9CA93741 (resized).jpeg7244920F-A9D4-40E6-84E4-A93BA3D819A6 (resized).jpeg7244920F-A9D4-40E6-84E4-A93BA3D819A6 (resized).jpeg85E50BF6-0917-41EC-B88D-47A84B07809D (resized).jpeg85E50BF6-0917-41EC-B88D-47A84B07809D (resized).jpeg896A51A9-540C-4EB2-A2DF-2B1E95109838 (resized).jpeg896A51A9-540C-4EB2-A2DF-2B1E95109838 (resized).jpeg980C1296-E473-47D4-ADB8-B44BEA334317 (resized).jpeg980C1296-E473-47D4-ADB8-B44BEA334317 (resized).jpeg9B26F1EB-5DAB-407D-B993-0840340B5D95 (resized).jpeg9B26F1EB-5DAB-407D-B993-0840340B5D95 (resized).jpegB1C7F8AF-AB46-40EC-B28E-E766DC3206CC (resized).jpegB1C7F8AF-AB46-40EC-B28E-E766DC3206CC (resized).jpeg
#4 2 years ago

2 kids, work, etc. Taking that time out of the day has become harder and harder. All I left was a deposit that I clearly tagged as refundable. The rest was a cash transaction.

Quoted from Neal_W:

Lights out pinball shows 1hr20min away from your location. Any reason you didn't inspect an item from a seller you were warned about in times when pinball scams are rampant?

#6 2 years ago

I did not pay that price, we agreed on a price prior to him listing it.

Quoted from grantopia:

Almost 5K for a Taxi? Get your money back and come take mine with all Comets, a hardtop and a new ramp for 4700 out the door!

#14 2 years ago

It is actually a very nice example other than being lightless....

Quoted from ralphs007:

By the looks of the pictures,at least the playfield looks nice.

4 weeks later
#38 2 years ago

Bump! Where’s my PM?

#44 2 years ago

Yo homies check this out. He tried to upcharge me $50 on the shipping. Where did the $100 shipping come from?

5C961D05-F425-4C0A-BFEA-C601A9392902 (resized).jpeg5C961D05-F425-4C0A-BFEA-C601A9392902 (resized).jpeg

#49 2 years ago

Nice life story, thanks for sharing. Conduct businesses in an ethical fashion and you won’t have to write a soliloquy defending yourself. Blackmail? Slander? Nah, just well within my rights to objectively post my experience, the same as I would for a good experience. Lastly, a well know Pinsider, who will remain nameless unless they chose otherwise, was going to bring you the pin, for a refund, with me paying for the shipping, and you did not accept that offer. BUMP!

#53 2 years ago

Come on really! Playing the victim? If you have any support as to what you are saying than please post it, you are just blowing smoke. If you sold a game, as represented, there would be no issues. If you rectified the situation = no issues. Maybe you should think as to how the choices you make affect your livelihood, as was pointed out this is a small community. I have no axe to grind, just want what I paid for. Once again, I am well within my rights to post my experiences with sales, be it good or bad. Please continue to bump this thread as you feel necessary, its great advertisement.

Quoted from Manny10:

I also believe that reputation is paramount, however I will not be abused by anyone, and in this case I did try my best to rectify the situation until the customer decided to not communicate and got personal about things. I am not trying to bad mouth him at all. Sometimes you just cant make someone happy, and in this case I do believe that the statement applies very well. Instead of communicating to resolve the concerns amicably, the customer decided to slander someone that he clearly does not know. I am still willing to work with the customer. He has my phone number, and I am not hostile towards him at all.
Obviously, with his response a few replies back, he feels that he needs to make an enemy out of somebody that honestly does not want or need that in his life. I did not make it personal. I did not try to affect his livelihood, or get personal about things. I clearly showed that I wanted to try to make him happy even after he pretty much treated me worst than i have been treated by a customer in over 30 years. I totally understand that sometimes people have bad days , etc. It has been probably 2 months now, and I was hoping that he was still not acting as if I was hostile and not willing to work with him to make him happy.

#57 2 years ago

BUMP! Lights out in my head box!

#60 2 years ago

No, when I bought the game it was missing lights in the head box. Literally, the bulbs. It’s in the beginning of the thread. Bump!

Quoted from Jrotten:

Yikes!!! Bad connectors?

#63 2 years ago

Shameless Bump!

#65 2 years ago

To the top!

2 weeks later
#68 2 years ago

Don’t see much advertising from him anymore. Maybe he’s closing shop?

#71 2 years ago

Please, show up at my job. Thanks in advance.

Quoted from Manny10:

Im doing just fine John. Im moving my machines to a larger location; so that I can have a bigger selection. My next spot will be a large showroom, pay to play, mod shop, video game store, and Esports arena. You have been a total jerk, ignored my attempts to rectify any issues you had, and I tried my best to make you happy. You have for some reason decided that I am your enemy. If you continue to try to wrongly slander me; and try to take away my lively hood, I will eventually show up at your job and make you very unhappy. It is time that you stopped this. Even in this thread , you said that the machine was nice, and you told the delivery guy that it was even better than expected. I honored a typo and gave you the game at my cost, because you started complaining and accusing me of being a scammer, and then you point at a listing at the proper price and want what was included at the correct price. I sent you several videos, and you watched enough video to know exactly what you would be getting, because I had told you that I would not have a chance to go through it if I delivered it when you wanted... I am asking you as a gentleman, and someone that does not look back at small issues and center my life around trying to financial hurt someone that does not deserve it. You do not know me from Jesus. We have never met. I am asking you to please stop what you are doing. You will eventually cost me money, and then it will be my turn to return the. favor. Up until now, I have taken the high road. I can drive to your job within 2 hours, and do it every day. I am asking you kindly to give it up.
Christ man, i had a pinsider steal a $6000 deposit from me recently, and I did not bad mouth him on here, and I am still trying to warn people from buying anything from him without hurting his job and family. Please stop this. You did not lose a dime on the deal. You know this. You are perhaps someone that needs control all of the time. If you had not ignored my attempts to make you happy and instead chosen to bad mouth me, I would still be offering you a refund. Instead, you slander me constantly as if I have hurt you so deeply. Please get a life and move on ok. This is the last time that I am asking nicely. I will not say it again. Stop while you are ahead, please.
Since you have been making everyones eyes bleed now for a couple months, why dont we let the people on this thread pick a charity, and we each donate $1,000 to it in their names to resolve this thing in a good way? What do you say? Be a better man and stop acting so negatively towards a guy that you are completely wrong about ? I have never met you. I prefer to not have one more person that I dislike in this world, and that list can be counted on one hand.
Manny

#73 1 year ago

I would not consider myself a pain in the ass customer and my numerous sales and buys with good feedback can attest to that. I was sold the game that was misrepresented and what transpired afterwards resulted in this thread. It's not something i would customarily do, and to be honest I have never bought a game that I felt was misrepresented to a point to complain out loud so to speak (or on any form of media). That said, any attempt to reconcile the situation was not even equal. My last attempt was to pay for the shipping back to him ($200) for him to refund the money, which he did not accept. Essentially, I would have been paying for shipping twice. I think his banter on this thread has done just what you said, turned off potential customers. He did it to himself, there are plenty of other buying options. Thanks for you input.

Quoted from Jeffswack:

You should take this post down. Im in business, have pain in the ass customers--you're making it worse by threatening. Up until this, it was kind of a he said/she said. I would've been willing to give it a shot with you if you had a game I liked. At this point, the threats aren't a good look and I'd avoid buying from you at all costs

#75 1 year ago

That’s funny. Lights out currency to be used for future purchases.

Quoted from freddy:

Your refund would have been in gift cards!
Lol

#79 1 year ago

Just the usual stuff, making peoples eyes bleed for a month...

#81 1 year ago

I guess reading comprehension is not your thing. That’s not the way it played out.

Quoted from oPinsesame:

John and Manny you have both spent WAY more time on Pinside than it would take to return and refund the game. Manny, you have a business and reputation to worry about. John clearly has more free time than he admits (could have picked up this game instead of hours of posting and sabotaging your other ads).
But John you took the refund off the table and then resorted to threats. Bad move. Now you have to eat crow. Go pick up the game, give John a full cash refund, put the damn LEDs and new rubbers in it, and sell it to someone else for $1000 more - pick up only.

#83 1 year ago

Thanks for chiming in Colson and providing some clarity to the banter. As i had discussed with you I would pay you to bring manny back his game, at my own cost. I understand that Manny said he would think about it but never moved forward. In that case, I would have had to endure two shipping costs, which obviously is a hard pill to swallow. That could have put an end to all this. Manny chose to go this route and then peppers the thread with intimated acts of violence and intimidation “showing up to my job” and other interesting information. The last thing I want to do is to continue to post anything negative about anyone, but, like you pointed out, I am well within my rights to objectively portray my transaction.

Quoted from Colsond3:

Sorry, but I had to chime in. People misstating things gets on my nerves, and it’s misleading.
I don’t have a horse in the race here, but I do read. The seller took the refund off the table, not the buyer.

So John, put that crow back in the freezer for another time.
Offering a “store credit” to somebody who no longer wishes to do business with you is essentially useless to a buyer. The seller benefits though, because chances are they get to keep the money and they will never hear from the buyer again. So although an option, not an enticing one to a buyer.
Lastly, posting in a public forum truthfully about a “bad” transaction is acceptable, although one party may not like it, but certainly not illegal. Threatening repeatedly to show up at someone’s place of employment, however, with an implication of potential confrontation and/or violence, could be construed as illegal.
I had offered (for a very reasonable price) to pick up the game from the buyer, and deliver it back to the seller for the full refund. I had spoken with both parties to the transaction about a month ago.
However, it is my understanding that no refund offer was forthcoming.
My offer to do so still stands.

#89 1 year ago

yep, sure.

Quoted from oPinsesame:

Sorry. I mixed up the name of seller in one spot. I have edited the post. I did mean that Manny should go pick up the game. Sorry John. I intended to support you but switched name in one spot. My bad.

#92 1 year ago

Manny threatened to break the Taxi over my head.

Quoted from K9Marshal:

Why is this titled Taxi upside the head - I’m confused

#97 1 year ago

Your delusional, fake Facebook accounts? Flagged adds? Great ideas thanks. You believe your own lies. The offer with Colson still stands. Otherwise, please keep bumping this great advertisement.

Quoted from Manny10:

It is sad that people post negative comments about people and transactions that they do not know anything about. I did originally offer John a " Cash " refund, however instead of returning my phone call, or communicating with me; he decided to bash me. Although it might be " legal" to do that, it. does not make it right. I have not done one thing to John. John had requested and received several videos of the game being played prior to purchasing it. Although I am sure Colson is trying to be neutral in this matter, he dose not have all of the facts. John was supposed to pick up the machine, but instead he wanted the machine as fast as possible, so I did explain to him that I did not have a chance to go through the machine and make sure it was ok. As I stated before; I have never said no to a customer's request. John is the one that decided to go nuts rather than return my call ( I actually did apologize for my part in the conversation when things got ridiculously out of hand on both sides and communicated my desire to resolve the situation), and John proceeded to flag my advertising, negatively post everywhere possible, and continue with this thread. What is the value lost to me for his overreaction ? John had decided to cause damage to me in every way possible rather than simply calling me back. At this point, I get bashed by people that do not know me, John gets to bad mouth me for months when he is the one that would not communicate.I am supposed to pay someone to go pick it up, and refund him. How do I know that this guy who is obviously very spiteful, and has way too much time to waste is not going to snip a few wires here or there ? I do not have an issue taking the machine back and giving him his cash back. However, how is he going to reverse the damage that he has caused to me ? If he had just returned my phone call instead of going about this personal campaign to hurt me financially; this would have been resolved months ago. I am willing to give this person a refund, split the cost to get the game returned here with a guarantee from him that he has not done anything to the game and that it is still functioning as it was. I do however need to know how John is going to rectify the damage that he has caused me by ignoring my attempts to rectify the situation, and jumping the gun on bashing me, and going quite a bit overboard in doing so. I did not deserve this. I know that I am not the first to have issues with this guy. He chose this route. I am willing to take the machine back and give him his cash back for the machine. I would like to know what John is going to do to fix the damage that he has caused. I appreciate Colson trying to help, however I am pretty sure what John has done did cross the line. He flagged dozens of ads(for reasons such as promoting illegal gambling, and illegal sales tactics etc... not true either way) on several websites, and created fake facebook accounts to post negative comments on ads that I actually paid for. He continues to do so. I'll take the game back and give him a refund. I need to know how John is going to correct his error in judgement, and reverse the damage that he has done.
Things should never get personal as they did in this case. Colson works with lawyers all day, so his viewpoint is understandable, but the world was much better and safer place before lawyers advertised all over the place and absolutely ruined everything that they could get their hands on. You never see a seller bashing a customer on here, because the seller has something to lose, and the customer does not. So, a one way bash fest is extremely unfair, and more so when it is not warranted. Trying to destroy someones source of income over a small dispute is flat out wrong, and it is making things personal. I refrained from doing the same, because I am in no way spiteful, and would never want to take bread off of someones table.
Perhaps a donation to the local SPCA; which I will match, and some kind of action to repair some of the damage that he has caused. A real apology would be nice as well. I already apologized on his voicemail on the same day that the argument occurred on, which was the call that I referred to earlier in this post, and the same call that was ignored by John.
Thank you to everyone who had to read this nonsense. It should never happen between adults. It could have been avoided, and I do accept responsibility for my part for foolishly delivering a machine without going through it first(regardless of how much the customer wants it), and lowering myself to the level needed to take part in the argument that took place between John and myself.
I surely have learned a lot from this instance. Im once again offering him his cash back, and would like to know what actions John is going to take to fix this situation as well.
Manny

#99 1 year ago

I think I love you . I told him that he should come in an put the LED’s in himself.

Quoted from Mattyk:

What was the last thing you said prior to Manny saying that?

#100 1 year ago

Double post

#103 1 year ago

Exactly, and by no means did I pressure to have the game at any certain time.

Quoted from K9Marshal:

For an objective point of view I will say this: if you own a business that sells pins maybe you should wait until you own the pin before listing/trading/selling so you can properly look over the game and give the prospective new owner a clearer picture of what they are going to be getting from you as opposed to hoping it’s all good. Stop using pics from the prior owner and sending those pics to the prospective purchaser or in trade discussions. It’s a terrible business practice to do this. You’re relying on the prior owners pics, description, and honesty and passing potential crap on to the next guy. To sum this up my no asked for opinion would be that you should not be trading or selling a pin you don’t even own yet and using the prior persons pics lol I’m going to go out on a limb here and say that is what happened with the infamous Taxi. Just a hunch.

719475B6-C989-4C46-A3C0-DF5ABD6C3328 (resized).jpeg719475B6-C989-4C46-A3C0-DF5ABD6C3328 (resized).jpeg
#105 1 year ago

Man would I love to, but no one takes kindly to getting jerked on a deal and being threatened thereafter. I get what your saying for sure, and I agree but the testosterone in me just can’t let someone get away with essentially being bullied for posting a bad transaction. You sound kind of cute though, how about I do your nails? Do you prefer more red colors?

Quoted from AMSNL:

Damn this still a thing!? Wy don’t you 2 kiss and do each nails or whatever . There is to much shit in the world to fall over a couple 100 , yeah I get the point but or give the machine back or take the money. And stop this nonsense . Play pinball get a beer . Blow your girls back out whatever .

#110 1 year ago

This matter has been resolved amicably. I have no issues with Manny or lights out pinball. We both should have went about it in more appropriate ways.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 20.00
$ 27.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

$ 30.00
Playfield - Plastics
Chrome Candy

$ 899.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

$ 22.50
$ 109.00
Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
$ 10.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 36.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 899.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

4,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Bay Shore, NY
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Meriden, CT
$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 17.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

$ 99.00
Cabinet Parts
Gizmorama Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Cedar Rapids, IA
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider jkashani.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/manny10-and-lights-out-pinball-taxi-upside-the-head?tu=jkashani and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.