Screenshot 2022-09-07 7.31.07 PM (resized).png
Lies (resized).jpg
F4D4DDD8-C77A-45BE-BEA9-0BFF2D407B56 (resized).png
MANN3 (resized).png
Manny (resized).jpg
D460B81D-3899-4843-B04A-7F7FC3A29E6D (resized).jpeg
719475B6-C989-4C46-A3C0-DF5ABD6C3328 (resized).jpeg
5C961D05-F425-4C0A-BFEA-C601A9392902 (resized).jpeg
There are 310 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 7.
#101 2 years ago
Quoted from jkashani:

I think I love you . I told him that he should come in an put the LED’s in himself.

As long as it’s not a shaker!
He can’t afford another board!

#102 1 year ago

For an objective point of view I will say this: if you own a business that sells pins maybe you should wait until you own the pin before listing/trading/selling so you can properly look over the game and give the prospective new owner a clearer picture of what they are going to be getting from you as opposed to hoping it’s all good. Stop using pics from the prior owner and sending those pics to the prospective purchaser or in trade discussions. It’s a terrible business practice to do this. You’re relying on the prior owners pics, description, and honesty and passing potential crap on to the next guy. To sum this up my no asked for opinion would be that you should not be trading or selling a pin you don’t even own yet and using the prior persons pics lol I’m going to go out on a limb here and say that is what happened with the infamous Taxi. Just a hunch.

#103 1 year ago

Exactly, and by no means did I pressure to have the game at any certain time.

Quoted from K9Marshal:

For an objective point of view I will say this: if you own a business that sells pins maybe you should wait until you own the pin before listing/trading/selling so you can properly look over the game and give the prospective new owner a clearer picture of what they are going to be getting from you as opposed to hoping it’s all good. Stop using pics from the prior owner and sending those pics to the prospective purchaser or in trade discussions. It’s a terrible business practice to do this. You’re relying on the prior owners pics, description, and honesty and passing potential crap on to the next guy. To sum this up my no asked for opinion would be that you should not be trading or selling a pin you don’t even own yet and using the prior persons pics lol I’m going to go out on a limb here and say that is what happened with the infamous Taxi. Just a hunch.

719475B6-C989-4C46-A3C0-DF5ABD6C3328 (resized).jpeg719475B6-C989-4C46-A3C0-DF5ABD6C3328 (resized).jpeg
#104 1 year ago

Damn this still a thing!? Wy don’t you 2 kiss and do each nails or whatever . There is to much shit in the world to fall over a couple 100 , yeah I get the point but or give the machine back or take the money. And stop this nonsense . Play pinball get a beer . Blow your girls back out whatever .

#105 1 year ago

Man would I love to, but no one takes kindly to getting jerked on a deal and being threatened thereafter. I get what your saying for sure, and I agree but the testosterone in me just can’t let someone get away with essentially being bullied for posting a bad transaction. You sound kind of cute though, how about I do your nails? Do you prefer more red colors?

Quoted from AMSNL:

Damn this still a thing!? Wy don’t you 2 kiss and do each nails or whatever . There is to much shit in the world to fall over a couple 100 , yeah I get the point but or give the machine back or take the money. And stop this nonsense . Play pinball get a beer . Blow your girls back out whatever .

#106 1 year ago

Nails oke bro I like girly pink... but please don’t offer to blow my back out after…. haha na I get you all , I have the same rage things sometimes. But I think this could be finished and move on. No one wants this , anyway enough of me. Play ball!!

#107 1 year ago

This is a good example of how doing the right thing up front saves a huge headache later. If the seller listed the game as all LED and it arrives with mostly incandescents installed, it seems pretty obvious to me that the seller just offers a $100-120 refund to cover the cost of the LEDs and an apology to the customer for the mixup. Done. Instead we have this pissing match.

#108 1 year ago

Just Duke it out already, put the video up as an update, otherwise this thread has run its course.

#109 1 year ago

this thread reminds me of a schoolyard after school fight. and nothing good will come of this. only thing i wanna say is that i know jkashani for many years back when klov was a thing. his reputation is impeccable. only had great dealings with him. i think the proof is in the eating and manny threathening to go to a work place to settle a score is wrong and his account should be suspended because it in his own typed words and moderators should act and after reading that i believe jkashani that he threathened to hit him over the head with the game. threathening violence is absolutely not acceptable his account should be suspended. i would personally never take threats like that lightly lights out pinball apologize and move on!

#110 1 year ago

This matter has been resolved amicably. I have no issues with Manny or lights out pinball. We both should have went about it in more appropriate ways.

#111 1 year ago

And what’s the going rate for “amicable” these days?

#112 1 year ago
Quoted from jkashani:

This matter has been resolved amicably. I have no issues with Manny or lights out pinball. We both should have went about it in more appropriate ways.

That's good to hear. What was the resolution?

#113 1 year ago

After 71 days of post I feel we all deserve to be filled in on what the resolution was. Also gonna be sad to see this end .. was better than ET not better than Gremlins

#114 1 year ago
Quoted from spikelou2:

After 71 days of post I feel we all deserve to be filled in on what the resolution was. Also gonna be sad to see this end .. was better than ET not better than Gremlins

The hell you got against ET bruh?

#115 1 year ago

I'm glad you both came to a solution and resolved the issues.

2 months later
#116 1 year ago

Manny burner account listing games under Smith1369 in “Philly”

#117 1 year ago
Quoted from mbl1116:

Manny burner account listing games under Smith1369 in “Philly”

I don't know.

There is a Sharkey's Shootout up on the Philadelphia Craigslist at $3299 from Manny (it says Manny in it) at philadelphia.craigslist.org link as well as one on pinside at https://pinside.com/pinball/market/classifieds/ad/138621 under Smith1369 listed at $3599. Are you sure this is the same person listing a pin for $300 more on pinside than on Craigslist? The descriptions are not quite identical. Saying one account is a burner account of another is a pretty serious accusation.

#118 1 year ago
Quoted from SantaEatsCheese:

I don't know.
There is a Sharkey's Shootout up on the Philadelphia Craigslist at $3299 from Manny (it says Manny in it) at philadelphia.craigslist.org link as well as one on pinside at https://pinside.com/pinball/market/classifieds/ad/138621 under Smith1369 listed at $3599. Are you sure this is the same person listing a pin for $300 more on pinside than on Craigslist? The descriptions are not quite identical. Saying one account is a burner account of another is a pretty serious accusation.

I have plenty of reason to believe this is the case or a close associate selling the same inventory under a new account. Just thought it worth mentioning as I’m sure creating new profiles to avoid old feedback is frowned upon

#119 1 year ago
Quoted from mbl1116:

I have plenty of reason to believe this is the case or a close associate selling the same inventory under a new account. Just thought it worth mentioning as I’m sure creating new profiles to avoid old feedback is frowned upon

Please open a Moderator Feedback thread to discuss details with the moderation team--thanks

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/forum/moderator-feedback

#120 1 year ago
Quoted from mbl1116:

They have 4 games listed now!

#121 1 year ago

It’s him for sure!
Verified it with a friend of his!( imagine that!)
He needs to go back to selling used cars or that damn’ video business and leave us Pinball folk alone!!

#122 1 year ago

He’s opening a pinball show room
How glamorous !
More of the same pipe dreams!
I guess he picked the name smith over manny as harder to track down a smith .

D460B81D-3899-4843-B04A-7F7FC3A29E6D (resized).jpegD460B81D-3899-4843-B04A-7F7FC3A29E6D (resized).jpeg
#123 1 year ago

This thread has been an interesting read. My friend sent me a link to it as I am in the process of doing business with Manny at the moment. He contacted me for a game I have listed on pinside, and happens to have a game I am looking for. We struck a deal for his game plus cash for mine, seemed fair. My pin is in excellent condition. But he keeps delaying coming up to do the deal for one reason or another, he was supposed to come up today, but now needs to get a new truck, I'll come tomorrow. Now for tomorrow, he has to meet some guy to sell a pin, we'll work on timing, can you meet me halfway he says. I say fine, I'll meet you halfway down the Thruway, now he comes back with let me see how the timing goes. Sounds a bit sketchy, but I have nothing to lose. My vehicle has a power supply so I can test the game anywhere. The weird thing is, he always sends me a list of his latest games for sale, and I see my stern Spider-Man on his list for sale. Is he already selling a game he doesn't own yet? Or does he have 2? Odd. I'll see how it plays out

#124 1 year ago
Quoted from kmcmorris:

This thread has been an interesting read. My friend sent me a link to it as I am in the process of doing business with Manny at the moment. He contacted me for a game I have listed on pinside, and happens to have a game I am looking for. We struck a deal for his game plus cash for mine, seemed fair. My pin is in excellent condition. But he keeps delaying coming up to do the deal for one reason or another, he was supposed to come up today, but now needs to get a new truck, I'll come tomorrow. Now for tomorrow, he has to meet some guy to sell a pin, we'll work on timing, can you meet me halfway he says. I say fine, I'll meet you halfway down the Thruway, now he comes back with let me see how the timing goes. Sounds a bit sketchy, but I have nothing to lose. My vehicle has a power supply so I can test the game anywhere. The weird thing is, he always sends me a list of his latest games for sale, and I see my stern Spider-Man on his list for sale. Is he already selling a game he doesn't own yet? Or does he have 2? Odd. I'll see how it plays out

Typical. The next message will be, “can you deliver to me”. Double check the condition of the game your buying.

#125 1 year ago
Quoted from kmcmorris:

but I have nothing to lose

Disagree

Quoted from kmcmorris:

Is he already selling a game he doesn't own yet?

Yes

Also possible he doesn't yet have the game he's trying to trade you for yours.

#126 1 year ago
Quoted from Pinphila:

condition of the game your buying

I got a message from him at almost 1:00 a.m. saying okay he's leaving to meet at 11:00 a.m.. then at 7:00 this morning to change it to 12:00. He'll keep me posted of the timing and where, like I am sitting here with a game in the back of my van idling waiting for his signal.. lol.

#127 1 year ago
Quoted from stevevt:

Also possible he doesn't yet have the game he's trying to trade you for yours.

He sent me pictures on Facebook Messenger, I also have the pin listed there and this is where our deal has been going down. After his latest message this morning, I asked if he changed the glass and cleaned it like he said he would, no reply yet. Was it his pictures he sent me? No clue. But he did send them right away when I asked for pictures of the game. We will see

#128 1 year ago
Quoted from kmcmorris:

He sent me pictures on Facebook Messenger, I also have the pin listed there and this is where our deal has been going down. After his latest message this morning, I asked if he changed the glass and cleaned it like he said he would, no reply yet. Was it his pictures he sent me? No clue. But he did send them right away when I asked for pictures of the game. We will see

It’s like watching a friend take back their toxic ex…I’m hoping this all works out for you, but also am pretty confident it won’t

#129 1 year ago
Quoted from mbl1116:

it's like watching a friend take back their toxic ex…I’m hoping this all works out for you, but also am pretty confident it won’t

I hear you. He messaged me an hour or two ago saying he'll let me know when he's leaving, like I'm sitting here waiting. I replied Did you change the glass and clean the machine like you said, and he's been silent since, even though I see he read the message. The only reason I'm sticking with it at the moment is they were very few strikes n' spares available and he has one.

#130 1 year ago

Hope he’s giving you at least 5k on top of that strikes and spares. Also I doubt he cleaned anything.

#131 1 year ago

I've been getting the same run around with him for a trade for 2-3 weeks now. Then just saw one of the games he's trading to me listed for sale on pinsude under the other account. Other person says he works with Manny. Things that make.you go hmmmmm

#132 1 year ago
Quoted from kmcmorris:

I hear you. He messaged me an hour or two ago saying he'll let me know when he's leaving, like I'm sitting here waiting. I replied Did you change the glass and clean the machine like you said, and he's been silent since, even though I see he read the message. The only reason I'm sticking with it at the moment is they were very few strikes n' spares available and he has one.

Are you still at the meet up location waiting on him? I’m also curious has anyone made a deal with Manny that has gone well or even completed? Hope things work out for you. Definitely not professional though to keep changing the meeting time and not answering your questions.

#133 1 year ago

0n the way to meet him now ; I'll keep you updated

#134 1 year ago
Quoted from kmcmorris:

0n the way to meet him now ; I'll keep you updated

You should have ran while you had the chance !

#135 1 year ago
Quoted from Deyanks98:

I’m also curious has anyone made a deal with Manny that has gone well or even completed?

I got my BSD from Manny. The condition wise is great. Al least for me.

Communication was another thing. I set up shipping. The shipper could not get ahold of him. After a few days they contacted me and said he would not pick up phone. . I even told him when the shipper would him. A few days after I contacted him, he responded and apologized. He said he had to leave asap as a winter storm was coming and roads would be blocked. He said he was back in town. I told the shipping company to call him again. A date for pick up was set.

The company was suppose to call him an hour before pickup. Apparently they just showed up and he was not at home and would not wait. He called company and rescheduled and set up a new day. I asked him to contact me as soon as soon as they picked up the game.

After a day after the pick up I contacted him again as i had not heard anything. He apologized and said it was picked up the day prior.

Game arrived in perfect condition. Game was wrapped prett good. i think Manny is maybe am older guy and kinda works old school style. That's the feeling I get. He did say if I buy again from him, he would give like a $500 discount as a repeat customer.

All in all, I would buy from him again.
That's just me and my experience with him. Take it for what you will.

#136 1 year ago
Quoted from Moomert1:

I got my BSD from Manny. The condition wise is great. Al least for me.
Communication was another thing. I set up shipping. The shipper could not get ahold of him. After a few days they contacted me and said he would not pick up phone. . I even told him when the shipper would him. A few days after I contacted him, he responded and apologized. He said he had to leave asap as a winter storm was coming and roads would be blocked. He said he was back in town. I told the shipping company to call him again. A date for pick up was set.
The company was suppose to call him an hour before pickup. Apparently they just showed up and he was not at home and would not wait. He called company and rescheduled and set up a new day. I asked him to contact me as soon as soon as they picked up the game.
After a day after the pick up I contacted him again as i had not heard anything. He apologized and said it was picked up the day prior.
Game arrived in perfect condition. Game was wrapped prett good. i think Manny is maybe am older guy and kinda works old school style. That's the feeling I get. He did say if I buy again from him, he would give like a $500 discount as a repeat customer.
All in all, I would buy from him again.
That's just me and my experience with him. Take it for what you will.

I got a bridge in NJ I’d like to sell you!

#137 1 year ago

Manny10 and Smith1369 both have the same grey wall, boarded up window, shelving, and wheel of fortune wheel... weird...
https://pinside.com/pinball/market/classifieds/ad/138625
https://pinside.com/pinball/market/classifieds/ad/134948
Manny (resized).jpgManny (resized).jpg

#138 1 year ago
Quoted from Moomert1:

i think Manny is maybe am older guy and kinda works old school style. That's the feeling I get. He did say if I buy again from him, he would give like a $500 discount as a repeat

Older or maybe not his main gig. Communication doesn't seem to be his strength.

#139 1 year ago
Quoted from freddy:

You should have ran while you had the chance !

Well, I really wanted to check out Strikes N Spares, so I went.. Met at a parking lot, I was early. He rolled in with the pin in the back of a pickup with some shrink wrap on it, sitting on a torn up Godzilla box, with staples protruding everywhere.. he didnt want to check out spiderman, just swap games.. I told him i wanted to start up SnS, he was surprised I carry an inverter. The playfield was great, so were the electronics, cabinet was worse than his pics showed, but I'm planning on doing the Big Lebowski decal mod, if i can get Pinstein to possibly make me a set.

The obvious thing was, he must have just grabbed the game from someones basement, he had no knowledge of the game, how to run it, or even fold down the backbox extension..

He told me he was bringing a new glass, as the pics had a few scratches, but it was forgotten it seems, and the legs bottoms were rusty, so I kept my new stern legs and had him add a few bucks to his end to make up for it.

I'm happy with the deal, I wasn't getting a lot of action on my pin anyway, I think things are finally slowing down.

At the original deal we made, he was supposed to "shop" the game, change the glass, led's and rubbers of "his own brand", it didnt happen, but I rather go through my games myself and use good brand products, minimal parts in this pin anyway.

The odd part both Suz and I noticed was, he couldn't get out of there fast enough once the deal was done. He offered to send me LED's to do the game over, but i dont know if he was going to charge, or just send them, I keep a good stock of comets in the shop, so i didnt really care.

And I agree with others, the communication on his end sucks!! we just texted throughout, and it felt like I was texting with someone who didnt have a good grasp of the english language, but in person and on phone with him, i was obviously incorrect.

So my end opinion is we think he is just a guy flipping games with very little knowledge of the "sport", perhaps not a lot of repair, internals knowledge. I would deal with him again, just go over everything closely, and go in with the intention of walking away.

well that was a lot of typing.. I hate typing..

#140 1 year ago
Quoted from Moomert1:

i think Manny is maybe am older guy and kinda works old school style. That's the feeling I get.

Manny was i would say, late 40's, early 50's? I've been around the block.. close to 60.. I would say not old school style, just trying to do something thats not exactly his forte..

#141 1 year ago

His LEDs are shit. My friend bought his LED stock off of him the first time he went out of business. He goes by the name of Michael now. LOL.

#142 1 year ago

I agree with Spike

Quoted from poppapin:

Older or maybe not his main gig. Communication doesn't seem to be his strength.

It’s his main gig - and yes he will list a game or try to trade a game he doesn’t even own yet or tell you to take your ad down so potential buyers don’t see it (before he even completes deal with you).

So much more I could add the only deal I would do with him is sell a pin to him for cash

#143 1 year ago

Is this really over ? Now I’m gonna have to find a hobby

#144 1 year ago
Quoted from spikelou2:

Is this really over ? Now I’m gonna have to find a hobby

It will never be over manny does not see himself the way others do!

#145 1 year ago
Quoted from freddy:

It will never be over manny does not see himself the way others do!

It a hobby to us, it's his livelihood to him.

#146 1 year ago
Quoted from SantaEatsCheese:

It a hobby to us, it's his livelihood to him.

No he thinks it’s going to make him rich!(delusional)
He wants to be Todd Tucky ( wants to out business him)
And yes these are all conversations I’ve had with him face to face!

1 month later
#147 1 year ago
Quoted from freddy:

He’s opening a pinball show room
How glamorous !
More of the same pipe dreams!
I guess he picked the name smith over manny as harder to track down a smith .
[quoted image]

Well, that pin is now $11,000 (with "qualifying" trade in") and the new location opens in September per his latest "ad".

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/for-sale-toy-story-4-le-12/page/2#post-7097402

#148 1 year ago

There are many stories over the years about this guy... It is a shame what is happening to this hobby, that all people are trying to do is scam people and make a buck. When trying to buy a Circus Voltaire, they both would not budge and lost the deal over $300. Now keep in mind, like the above posts, one Ad on FB for the game but you don't get that game with a color screen, etc... you get a different game, which is the one listed by his partner on Pinside. So the price of a ColorDMD and you will not sell. And I know where the game came from, it's a small world in the pinball community so I know what they bought it for. Or using other people's photos for their own Ads, just shady business practices. I am sure I will get threatened with another lawsuit for saying this.

#149 1 year ago

“Showroom” and “litigation”

Both of these things cost a lot of money and I wouldn’t expect to see either

#150 1 year ago

Not to downplay either side, however I will attest I’ve done a few games sales and purchases from Manny and had a positive experience.

At the risk of being an unpopular opinion as well, the prices paid for my games was remarkably fair. Not the typical screw you prices a distributor offers.

One out of the several games I got had a couple issues, but I don’t believe he had the game prior to me receiving it. I can also say I’ve had issues with two other distributors in getting a routed game instead of advertised huo as well as another distro selling me new when it was used.

My biggest gripe with dealers is communication. Manny has always been responsive. Offering to take the game back seemed fair even without the shipping cost.

The break the game over your head comment was unprofessional, however I’m not sure I’d fare so much better in my own patience.

There’s always the chance of getting a dud of a game in lesser quality than expected, however I believe it’s be my responsibility as a buyer to do my own homework.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 20.00
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 65.00
Boards
Pinball Haus

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 109.00
$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Machine - For Sale
Meriden, CT
4,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Bay Shore, NY
Cabinet Parts
Space Coast Pinball

Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
$ 17.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

$ 36.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 10.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 79.95
Electronics
PinballReplacementParts

$ 99.00
Cabinet Parts
Gizmorama Pinball

$ 899.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

$ 899.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

$ 25.00
Playfield - Plastics
Chrome Candy

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Middletown, OH
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 310 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 7.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/manny10-and-lights-out-pinball-taxi-upside-the-head/page/3 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.