(Topic ID: 324193)

Stern Mandolorian Topper Released! Video Inside! MSRP $1999?

By SantaEatsCheese

1 year ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

9364FBFB-6B92-44DA-B12D-26F308C4085B (resized).jpeg
14BEE7E9-AF84-461A-A936-1B3859E5D9D8.gif
20221122_122715 (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20221123_090639_Chrome (resized).jpg
jump the shark (resized).jpg
F4A03351-B95D-433C-B0BA-703CAE586301.gif
2539433-2642583531-24674.gif
C84A3FBE-0A1C-433A-8298-76FDB9431EEB.gif
6097F62A-FDAA-41D8-9CD1-F49F1E35ED94.gif
tenor(2).gif
D59A30F2-DB31-4A3F-9439-81222B30C128.gif
Screenshot 2022-11-17 at 10.38.36 PM (resized).png
C44D19ED-9F3A-4D4D-B239-7E9B5A94C693 (resized).jpeg
4886EC39-C4B4-4135-AF47-8425EC3525C9 (resized).jpeg
16687382733412315382291474799562 (resized).jpg
Nog (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider smokinhos.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#224 1 year ago

Don't drink and respond... the struggle for me is real right now..

#225 1 year ago
Quoted from titanpenguin:

Ironically, people were buying the new gt500’s at the 120k range. For a mustang.

Because its F'n awesome..

#226 1 year ago
Quoted from smokinhos:

Forget it.. got my answer from current line up.. question withdraw.

#243 1 year ago

I’m a 67-68 fan myself. Second fav are the fox body 5.0’s.

Drove my dads 87 GT in high school.. pretty sure I got a topper at least once in it...

#246 1 year ago

I'm cool with a $2k topper if that's what you want to buy. I just think it's F'd up to buy a $7-9k pin then ask you to pay more to get additional code.

#320 1 year ago

It's a display and a mirror... I don't get why peeps think it's so cool. Doesn't match 2 out of 3 of the machines and it costs a 1/3 of an actual used Mando pro entire pinball game. Some crazy sh...

#324 1 year ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Because it’s cool. Don’t over think it. Lots of cool stuff out there that are very simple concepts. They did a great job with this topper. Price sucks, but the thing is cool.

No disrespect, but cool to me and u must be different. Cool to me is tilting playfield, building collapse, killer combo shots, and mechs. Not a mirrored display. The IG11 topper a random pinside dude made is F'n cool.. Nothing against mando but its by far not one of Sterns best releases, but what if this hologram was integrated into the game somehow and had the additional code the topper offers. Maybe then everyone would buy the actual pinball game. The current market shows the overall value of the pin and its gameplay. Improve the game instead of putting lipstick on the pig.. for $2k.

#329 1 year ago
Quoted from TigerLaw:

I wonder why Stern made the decision to have the least numerous of the three models be the one that color matched.

To appeal to the LE owners, the buyers that without fail, will get this topper.

#354 1 year ago
Quoted from KingVidiot:

These threads are always the same. I saw this same crybaby spoiled child shit with the stranger things uv kit.
“Waaahhhh, it shoulda been included, waahhhhhh”
I’ve been into video games for almost 40 years now, same crap there. “Wahhh, I want more for free, waahhh”
Is the base video game worth $60? Yes? Then DLC is extra shit you’re not entitled to. If it isn’t, then why did you buy it in the first place?
Is the base Mandolorean game worth $7k-9k? Yes? Then topper modes are fluff, and if the base game they advertised wasn’t worth it…. Why did you buy it?
Like it says in the Bible “spare the LE shooter rod, spoil the pinsider”

Couple things... the UV on Sth is a huge part of the upside-down and is essential imo. So they didnt include it (money grab maybe). But everyone that wanted one got unless you were late to the party.

Console DLC. Yes costs more, but adds a great deal more. Worlds, maps, character and weapon mods, etc. AND everyone can buy it. Its $60 for the game not $7k. Why can't we just buy the modes like the uv kit and all the topper dudes can pay the extra $2000 for the pretty plastic boxes? Or better yet, if the modes are fluff, then just update it in the code for all of us.

Or maybe.. just finish the damn code before selling them. Too many pins make it into our homes unfinished and takes months, sometimes years, and sometimes never to get finished. I call BS on that. Instead of fixing code in half a dozen other pins, stern throws out a topper with what? ... new code.. its a joke.

#370 1 year ago
Quoted from Jaytech10:

I bet over half of you would spend 2k or more for rims and tires on your used car you just bought.
Same effect right as a topper.

C'mon man.. no carguments...

#371 1 year ago
Quoted from ahdelarge:

I didn't want to own Mandalorian until I played the Pro earlier in the year on location. Out of a line up of recent Sterns, this was the game I kept going back to. I enjoyed the different layout and the Mandalorian theme. Would definitely like to own a Pro at some stage. What's the biggest down side to this game for people that don't like the game?
As for the topper, we haven't been given an official price yet, but it will be over $3000 AUD, so it's way out of my budget for pinball accessories.

We aren't good pinball players and even though multiball is easy to get for most players, the pro we have is pretty tough. Friends and family tend to play GZ, Sth, ACDC, and HWN. Dont get me wrong, Mando pulls people in but hitting the various shots is pretty tough. Its fun but I've noticed that every other pin gets played more. A topper and a couple modes won't change that. I even considered upgrading to a premium but couldn't justify it. It will stay until my MMr shows up or if Venom is good next year. I would put mando in the "bang for the buck" category.

#383 1 year ago

I didnt think it was possible to be less impressed with the topper.. but after watching the video. My $2k is safe..

#404 1 year ago
Quoted from ahdelarge:

I'm having a weekend away and got to play Godzilla Pro (for the second time) this weekend. The playfield just seems very sparse. Trying to choose between Godzilla and Mando for my next game....now I need to play Mando again.

Mando pro vs GZ pro.. ill admit Mando got more love early and I felt the same about GZ looking a bit open.. especially compared to Mando pro. The plastic ramps alone are right in your face. But after getting into both games I would snag the GZ pro. Better code, easier shots, great flow, and a variation of ball path. Mando is fun.. shoot the middle, get multi-ball, ambush, and the foundry is neat. Mando will be an easy snag cheap.. gz not so much. Get more plays on Mando. GZ is fun, Mando can be a little frustrating at times.

#446 1 year ago

Unfortunately none of this stuff is overpriced until people stop lining up to buy it.

#477 1 year ago
Quoted from Indypin:

Here's another scenario.
Stern Pros jack up in price, selling for $12,000 bucks. LE's and Premiums are now only sold to rich basketball players. In order to even think about getting one you hope to get drafted in the top 3 picks. JJP follows notice and their machines are now double that price, with you having to play like Bo Jackson and do (2) sports in order to put a deposit down on a machine.
People get tired of spending wads of money on basically toys and quits buying pinball machine and it's useless "additions" to it.
Stern's sales go down, the market crashes and Stern has to lay off people and close their business. The other companies follow suit and now we have no more pinball machines to buy.
Pinsiders get tired of playing the same games over and over, causing some to turn over the tables and look back on the old threads of pinside deciding to get a gang together to put flaming bags of feces on their front porch of other pinsiders, ringing the doorbell and screaming as they're running away "that's what you get for over-paying for things I told you not to buy".
The world spirals out of control. Dogs and chickens begin to live with each other and reproduce. The rooster now wakes me up every morning at 4:00 am barking like a dog.
I lay awake at night thinking about this, wondering what time that damn rooster is going to wake me up. I now spend my hard earned money on the robotic hawk that shoots lasers out of his eye to kill that damn rooster and for my therapist (she doesn't know I'm on here, so please don't say nothing)

Sweet imagination, except that his post is kinda right. We just keep paying more and more for a product that doesn't deserve it. How much better are pinball games or toppers now than 3 years ago that justifies paying twice as much or more? I think peeps are starting to say no for real now... TS4 and the current pinball prices are indicators.

#573 1 year ago

So the real question is, did anybody who ordered one get theirs yet? I want to see real, honest reviews.

Curious too.. I have a mando pro. Wonder if an honest review is possible after someone drops over $2k.

1 week later
#677 1 year ago
Quoted from Saltimbanco:

Coffee came out of my nose..!! You're saying Stern missed out on a great value-added opportunity there, lol

Here we go.. the first even bottomer.. it strategically replaces the the coin door with something glorious. $10k by Xmas for sure.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 1,999.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Maine Home Recreation

$ 9,499.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

€ 70.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Raleigh, NC
$ 20.00
Lighting - Other
Pin Monk

$ 19.95
5,900 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Wentzville, MO
$ 6.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
3D Tech. Pinball Parts

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

Cabinet - Decals
Space Coast Pinball

$ 60.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pin Wiz Mods

$ 20.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
WilliPinball Mods

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

€ 70.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 495.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
CRCades

$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

€ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider smokinhos.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/mandolorian-topper-released-video-inside?tu=smokinhos and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.