(Topic ID: 324193)

Stern Mandolorian Topper Released! Video Inside! MSRP $1999?

By SantaEatsCheese

1 year ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

9364FBFB-6B92-44DA-B12D-26F308C4085B (resized).jpeg
14BEE7E9-AF84-461A-A936-1B3859E5D9D8.gif
20221122_122715 (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20221123_090639_Chrome (resized).jpg
jump the shark (resized).jpg
F4A03351-B95D-433C-B0BA-703CAE586301.gif
2539433-2642583531-24674.gif
C84A3FBE-0A1C-433A-8298-76FDB9431EEB.gif
6097F62A-FDAA-41D8-9CD1-F49F1E35ED94.gif
tenor(2).gif
D59A30F2-DB31-4A3F-9439-81222B30C128.gif
Screenshot 2022-11-17 at 10.38.36 PM (resized).png
C44D19ED-9F3A-4D4D-B239-7E9B5A94C693 (resized).jpeg
4886EC39-C4B4-4135-AF47-8425EC3525C9 (resized).jpeg
16687382733412315382291474799562 (resized).jpg
Nog (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider indypin.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#195 1 year ago

I totally agree 1000% that the topper is way too expensive. But what's the difference of spending $2000 bucks on a topper and spending $2000 difference of what the premium and LE versions of pins were last year? Even the pros are getting out of hand.

#250 1 year ago
Quoted from pins4life33:

Thanks all of the flippers and all of those people that profited from all those previous sales, thanks to those that all overpaid over the years for limited machines and toppers because they just had to have them.
The manufacturers have watched this unfold and this is what you get really expensive LE's and really expensive toppers. At least they won't have a demand issue now...

Dude, you have 76 pinball machines. You left me speechless.

#407 1 year ago
Quoted from Pinbub:

I play pinball to flip the ball towards things ON the playfield. Toppers seem like they're made for gen Xers who can't stay focused for more than 3 seconds. It's just super unnecessary and the prices are stupid.
Flame away but I'm not a boomer, my dad is.

Well how do you feel about color dmd, or any other type of color display? I mean, if you’re just playing the playfield, then let’s do away with those silly things as well since we don’t look at them anyway! Same can be said on powder coating, under-cab lighting, etc. It’s simple fellas, so don’t put too much thought in it. If a pinhead LOVES their pin, he or she is going to MACK it out to make it the best they want it to be with the extra mods they want (insert car argument here).

#418 1 year ago
Quoted from NPO:

ColorDMD is the only thing in your list that I disagree with. That upgrade is truly worth it and absolutely is justified. We can actually see WHAT is going on on the display when there's full color.
Like one of the MBs on ACDC - the startup sequence is the reflection of a train off a pinball as the two are about to crash. When I first saw that in all red and black, I honestly thought the game had gone into mouth-breather mode or something - I couldn't tell WTF just happened on the display. Took one look in color and it was so much more clear.
The amount of detail one can see in color vs a wash or either orange and black or red and black is substantial.

I agree with you 1000% DPO. I put color dmds in all of my games because it looks nicer and really "modernizes" the pin so much. Plus, it really helps in regards to resale value. I was just being sarcastic in response to an earlier post about who looks at toppers while you're playing.

Sometimes I just like walking downstairs to my mancave and look at the pins, lit up or not, and marvel at them. Now how can you put a price on that? I can't imagine looking at pins like The Munsters, Black Knight or EHOH without those toppers. To me it completes the look, but I get the price tag is high. Oh well, I can always bury the topper with me when it's time for me to take a dirt nap.

#459 1 year ago
Quoted from wisefwumyogwave:

Sounds like an embarrassed mind justifying overspending on junk.

I took it as this guy works hard for his money and he can spend it on whatever he wants to spend his money on.

#475 1 year ago
Quoted from taylor34:

What if you have the money to easily buy it, but don't want to because people are continuously overpaying for stuff due to FOMO, causing even more overpaying.
You're right, it's their money. But don't pretend like this behavior doesn't cost other people not caught up in FOMO more money or the ability to buy things like this. If people weren't caught up in overpaying for stuff, this is a $500 to $700 topper. People buy anything regardless of production value. Well now it's a $2000 topper, a 3x increase.
It's the same sort of behavior that caused:
2008 housing crash
2021 housing boom
used cars to be worth more than new cars last year
video cards to skyrocket 3x to mine crypto
etc.
So you're right, buy what you want, but don't 'act surprised' when people are pissy about the price and people actually putting up with it because it just means less and less bang for the buck in the future. Maybe you're ok with spending 3x over what toppers used to cost, but maybe other people aren't, and feeding into this frenzy only makes it worse for everyone honestly (costs buyers 3x more, other owners can't afford it, and then there's the group that refuses to spend 3x the normal price for a topper).
Let me lay out two scenarios here.
a) Topper comes out at $2k, completely flops, nobody buys it. Price eventually has to be lowered back to where the other toppers are before anyone will buy it. Everyone can then get their topper, and everyone saves money. Future toppers back at the normal range.
b) Topper comes out at $2k, and everyone is falling over themselves to pay 3x the normal rate for the topper. Now it's not only an acceptable hike, future toppers start at $2k and up.
Who wins with a) and b)? Consumers win with a), company and flippers win with b).

Here's another scenario.

Stern Pros jack up in price, selling for $12,000 bucks. LE's and Premiums are now only sold to rich basketball players. In order to even think about getting one you hope to get drafted in the top 3 picks. JJP follows notice and their machines are now double that price, with you having to play like Bo Jackson and do (2) sports in order to put a deposit down on a machine.

People get tired of spending wads of money on basically toys and quits buying pinball machine and it's useless "additions" to it.

Stern's sales go down, the market crashes and Stern has to lay off people and close their business. The other companies follow suit and now we have no more pinball machines to buy.

Pinsiders get tired of playing the same games over and over, causing some to turn over the tables and look back on the old threads of pinside deciding to get a gang together to put flaming bags of feces on their front porch of other pinsiders, ringing the doorbell and screaming as they're running away "that's what you get for over-paying for things I told you not to buy".

The world spirals out of control. Dogs and chickens begin to live with each other and reproduce. The rooster now wakes me up every morning at 4:00 am barking like a dog.

I lay awake at night thinking about this, wondering what time that damn rooster is going to wake me up. I now spend my hard earned money on the robotic hawk that shoots lasers out of his eye to kill that damn rooster and for my therapist (she doesn't know I'm on here, so please don't say nothing)

2 weeks later
#644 1 year ago
Quoted from RCA1:

[quoted image]

I had that GI Joe headquarters and loved it. Thanks for the memories!

Topper does look like a let down. Hopefully Dwight will put more code on it and add more features to it. I agree the static images are the lazy way out. Needs more bling.

#708 1 year ago

As a diabetic, you guys are killing me with this candy bar debate!

#724 1 year ago
Quoted from ZMeny:

NEW SDTM! NEW TOY!
The Mandalorian Pinball Topper by Stern Pinball
The ULTIMATE Pinball Accessory? The GREATEST Pinball Topper?

You have to admit, Zach getting angry with R2D2 and his funny quips is worth watching this video. LOL Good one Zach!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 25.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 89.99
Cabinet - Decals
Maine Home Recreation

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Cheap Drainz Shop

$ 20.00
Playfield - Plastics
Game Room Info Shop

9,900 (Firm)
$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 35.00
Various Other Swag
JK Pinball

Lighting - Backbox
Myth Pinball Parts Shop

$ 19.95
$ 85.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Diddy's Pinball Mods

$ 22.95
Machine - For Sale
Aurora, IL
$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
The Pinball Place

$ 35.00
Lighting - Backbox
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 1,999.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Maine Home Recreation

Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
$ 8,500.00
Pinball Machine
The Pinball Place

€ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
$ 6.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
3D Tech. Pinball Parts

Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

€ 70.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider indypin.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/mandolorian-topper-released-video-inside?tu=indypin and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.