(Topic ID: 324193)

Stern Mandolorian Topper Released! Video Inside! MSRP $1999?

By SantaEatsCheese

1 year ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

9364FBFB-6B92-44DA-B12D-26F308C4085B (resized).jpeg
14BEE7E9-AF84-461A-A936-1B3859E5D9D8.gif
20221122_122715 (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20221123_090639_Chrome (resized).jpg
jump the shark (resized).jpg
F4A03351-B95D-433C-B0BA-703CAE586301.gif
2539433-2642583531-24674.gif
C84A3FBE-0A1C-433A-8298-76FDB9431EEB.gif
6097F62A-FDAA-41D8-9CD1-F49F1E35ED94.gif
tenor(2).gif
D59A30F2-DB31-4A3F-9439-81222B30C128.gif
Screenshot 2022-11-17 at 10.38.36 PM (resized).png
C44D19ED-9F3A-4D4D-B239-7E9B5A94C693 (resized).jpeg
4886EC39-C4B4-4135-AF47-8425EC3525C9 (resized).jpeg
16687382733412315382291474799562 (resized).jpg
Nog (resized).jpg
There are 823 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 17.
#1 1 year ago

Just Dropped. Details coming.

MSRP $1999!

CHICAGO, IL – October 19, 2022 –Stern Pinball, Inc., announces a new state-of-the-art The Mandalorian pinball Topper accessory compatible with the Pro, Premium, and Limited Edition (LE) models of The Mandalorian.

The Mandalorian is a critically acclaimed, Emmy-winning hit original series, streaming exclusively through Disney+. The series follows the travails of a lone gunfighter in the outer reaches of the galaxy, teaming up with key allies and protecting Grogu, while battling dangerous enemies and forces across their journey.

The Mandalorian-inspired Topper accessory introduces exclusive new gameplay features while transporting the player inside the cockpit of the Razor CrestTM, using a 3D holographic display in vivid color. New gameplay features include Mandalorian MadnessTM, a mini wizard mode, and BeskarTM Bonanza, a progressive mode that awards all upgrades in the FoundryTM.

The Mandalorian-inspired Topper leverages the Stern Insider ConnectedTM platform to enhance the gameplay experience. In addition to a player’s username and icon, the topper displays a player’s lifetime Encounter upper mini playfield accuracy percentage, plus lifetime BeskarTM collected for all games played while logged in to their Insider Connected player account. Players can also earn exclusive Insider Connected Achievements. The Topper comes equipped with Competition Mode functionality, displaying all player scores with the current high score being highlighted.

“The Mandalorian-inspired Topper is a game changer for The Mandalorian pinball playing experience,” said Gary Stern, Chairman and CEO of Stern Pinball, Inc. “This innovative and interactive topper will keep players connected with stunning visuals and all new features never achieved through a pinball topper accessory before.”

Pricing and Availability:

Manufacturer’s Suggested Retail Price: $US 1,999

MSRP for sales to USA end-users, before any VAT, GST, Sales Tax, Duties, or other taxes.

The Mandalorian-inspired pinball machines and accessories are available now through authorized Stern Pinball distributors and dealers around the world.

Lucasfilm, the Lucasfilm logo, STAR WARS and related properties are trademarks and/or copyrights, in the United States and other countries, of Lucasfilm Ltd. and/or its affiliates. © & TM Lucasfilm Ltd. All rights reserved.

About Insider Connected

Insider Connected is a comprehensive technology initiative to connect the universe of Stern pinball machines. The platform is designed to enhance and extend player engagement with the games across both home and commercial environments. It also presents professional operators of the pinball machines a robust set of tools to drive location play, build player loyalty, analyze performance, make adjustments remotely and maintain the machines.

Registration for Insider Connected is available at insider.sternpinball.com/. Players can register at a connected game by scanning a QR code or at the Stern Pinball website. Once a player registers, they are issued a unique QR Code that can be used to identify that player at any connected Stern pinball machine anywhere in the world. When a player logs into the machine, they can track progress, earn new game specific achievements, engage with the player community, and participate in promotions and Challenge Quests.

“Insider Connected is transforming how players interact with pinball machines. Operators are benefiting from new tools that drive repeat play and help maintain games while players benefit from easier log-in access both on location and in their homes,” said Seth Davis, President of Stern Pinball, Inc.

About Stern Pinball, Inc.

Stern Pinball, Inc. is a global lifestyle brand based on the iconic and outrageously fun modern American game of pinball. Headquartered minutes from Chicago’s O’Hare International Airport in the heart of North America, the company creates, designs, engineers, manufactures, markets, and distributes a full line of technologically advanced terrestrial and digital pinball games, parts, accessories, and merchandise. Stern Pinball serves digital, consumer, commercial, and corporate markets around the globe.

Recent Stern Pinball titles include James Bond, Rush, Godzilla, The Mandalorian, Led Zeppelin, Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles, Stranger Things, Elvira’s House of Horrors, Jurassic Park, Black Knight: Sword of Rage, The Munsters, The Beatles, Iron Maiden, Aerosmith, Ghostbusters, KISS, Metallica, Game of Thrones, The Walking Dead, Star Trek, AC/DC, and Batman. A broad range of players enjoy Stern Pinball’s games from professional pinball players who compete in high-stakes competitions around the globe to novice players who are discovering the allure of the silver ball for the first time. To join the fun and learn more, please visit www.sternpinball.com.

#2 1 year ago

They already posted the details, 2k!

#3 1 year ago

That looks really neat! No Mando in my house but I'd absolutely be all over that at $799... maybe even a little more. But $1999 is a hard no for me.

I was hoping for something mechanical but it is a neat and novel idea. I'd love to see one in person.

#4 1 year ago

Manufacturers have just cut out the flippers…that’s what Elvira was going for. Looks cool, but that’s just crazy expensive. I like that it has insider connect stats, but I think mechanical toppers are the coolest.

Stern is starting to make TS4 CE at 13k market price look somewhat reasonable in comparison. Bond LE with a topper is gonna be 15k all in.

#5 1 year ago

I actually thought I was going to pick one up for a location game.

Then the MSRP popped up..

Hard pass

#6 1 year ago

Can't wait to get it installed on my LE!

#7 1 year ago

$1,999. What an Effing joke.

#8 1 year ago

2k for a topper. This hobby has gotten so ridiculous....

#9 1 year ago

It looks incredible but yikes 2k? Now I actually have to think about it.

#10 1 year ago

5K by Christmas!
-Mike

#11 1 year ago

Almost 1/3 the cost of a Pro model... That's crazy. Might have to transfer my topper deposit to some other accessories.

#12 1 year ago

Super high priced, but still makes the SW R2D2 topper look like a kid's art project by comparison!

#13 1 year ago

You really have to be a super fan of the game at that price.

#14 1 year ago

Really cool, but NOPE! Too much for a $50 lcd screen surrounded by plastic

#15 1 year ago

$1299 would of been a "respectable" push up in price but doubling what Elvira was launched at is crazy. Yes Elvira shot up but it is now back to $999 and you can find them at several stores.

#16 1 year ago

Scared to see what the cost of other toppers are going to be... Godzilla, Rush, 007, etc.

Curious if this will be the new price point.

#17 1 year ago

I'm a mechanical guy. I see more in the BKSOR topper at less than 1/2 the price.

#18 1 year ago

It's $2000 for DLC. Well done Stern.

#19 1 year ago

Can only imagine Godzilla will be 3k!

#20 1 year ago

I wonder if this is where all the projectors for Stranger Things Premium/LE went...

#21 1 year ago
Quoted from SantaEatsCheese:

I wonder if this is where all the projectors for Stranger Things Premium/LE went...

Looks like a Star Wars home LCD screen set in a diorama.

#22 1 year ago

Stern wasn’t raised on Tatooine.
Don’t blame them for high demand.
They just took topper flippers out to pasture again.
As a result everyone gets flipper pricing!

#23 1 year ago

Thinking about this: "The Topper comes equipped with Competition Mode functionality, displaying all player scores with the current high score being highlighted."

Honestly, a simple universal Stern machine topper that just did the player scores with high score highlighted in big font would be neat. It's pretty difficult to see the scores on the LCD unless you're the one playing.

#24 1 year ago

I'm a mechanical guy. I see more in the BKSOR topper at less than 1/2 the price.

Same... I has hoping for something similar to BKSOR around the $1K price point.

#25 1 year ago

I thought it was going to be robotic and similar to the one from Black Knight. As for the $2,000, I've known that for a year and thought it was common knowledge?

Honestly Mandalorian maybe on the way out to make room for my Bond LE so where I would have been on this 100% a year ago I'm probably going to pass on it now.

#26 1 year ago

Changed my mind. I'm out.

#27 1 year ago

Great - let’s offer less mechanical magic and introduce yet another screen…….. And then charge 2k. Buy buy buy!

Major disappointment. I don’t have Mando so no skin in the game but I’m more concerned about Godzilla’s topper, as I’m anticipating that, if this is where they’re going.

BKSOR topper was the pinnacle. Too bad they didn’t reskin out with shredders head for TMNT.

#28 1 year ago

Can’t wait to unlock the gameplay attached to the 1000$ shooter knob!

#29 1 year ago

I hope the bubble bursts for Stern soon. They shouldn't be allowed to succeed with this crap.

#30 1 year ago
Quoted from seenev:

I hope the bubble bursts for Stern soon. They shouldn't be allowed to succeed with this crap.

As an anti-topper guy, I'm just sitting back laughing and waiting for the topper bubble to burst instead.

#31 1 year ago
Quoted from Yoko2una:

...but still makes the kid's art project R2D2 topper look F'ing stupid...

Are you saying it didn't look stupid last night before this came out?

#32 1 year ago

Looks cool but yikes, that price.

#33 1 year ago

Thats nuts!

#34 1 year ago

Topper looks cool, but not sure if it is 2k cool. Not sure the game overall has enough popularity for the topper. If it sells out it will be because of FOMO or speculation that it will gain value like all other toppers have

#35 1 year ago

Its definitely a cool topper, but I'm glad I don't particularly care for Mando or for toppers

#36 1 year ago
Quoted from Chrizg:

Not sure the game overall has enough popularity for the topper...

Less it sells the more valuable it becomes!

#37 1 year ago

I'm a topper guy, I dont like these prices, I'm gonna get it because its going to be epic on my LE.
That said, really doesnt seem to color match well with the machine on the promo. All the blue and grey kind of clashes with what I think is the premium model.

#38 1 year ago

Does anyone with topper experience know if you can sub-in a compatible node board and "trick" your game into believing an actual topper is there?

Asking because I could imagine a scenario where a DIY solution ends up around 25% of the cost...

#39 1 year ago

I think it’s a short sited cash grab for stern….a really cool topper at a reasonable price, 1k, would drive new sales of this game (and it seems like there’s a lot of stock out there). I could see doing 2k for Godzilla since they cant make enough of those. But bigger picture I’d think it’s a smarter strategy to use toppers to help drive new sales, doubt that happens at 2k for a non mechanical topper.

#40 1 year ago

I've only been in the hobby a couple years. But long enough to remember when everybody lost their minds over the $600 JP topper and the $700 R2D2 topper. If history is any guide, they will sell every single one. And in 2 years we will all lament that we didn't buy when it was "only $1999"

#41 1 year ago

My CCR Topper costs less and does more lol and I thought it was expensive.

#42 1 year ago
Quoted from JSC:

I could see doing 2k or Godzilla

If they do a similar topper like this for Godzilla, it would be an instant sell out

#43 1 year ago
Quoted from Dan1733:

I've only been in the hobby a couple years. But long enough to remember when everybody lost their minds over the $600 JP topper and the $700 R2D2 topper. If history is any guide, they will sell every single one. And in 2 years we will all lament that we didn't buy when it was "only $1999"

Mando doesn’t seem as popular of alot of the games with high priced toppers. Black Knight is the big exception, but that seems to be a very rare topper. It will be interesting to see how these sell.

#44 1 year ago

I wonder if there is a way to tap into the extra modes without the topper...

#45 1 year ago

So a new limited edition Stern with new topper pricing will cost you roughly $16,500 after tax and shipping. I feel this industry is going to crash hard in 2023.

#46 1 year ago
Quoted from Dan1733:

Speak for yourself.

I also don't like $300 dolls and hot glued trinkets in my games either, guess I'm weird.

#47 1 year ago

$2k And it will soon be sold out.

#48 1 year ago

Topper is badass. I'm not a Mando fan but this topper makes me want one. So cool, well done!

#49 1 year ago

Stern is savage! $2,000 for a topper! If anyone buys this thing your a idiot! Haha

#50 1 year ago

You know its only a couple $3.00 servos making the Black Knight move?

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 29.99
Playfield - Decals
Cento Creations

$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
The Pinball Place

$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

$ 20.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
WilliPinball Mods

Machine - For Sale
Mt Zion, IL
$ 110.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Diddy's Pinball Mods

$ 5.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Fuzz

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Cheap Drainz Shop

€ 65.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 89.99
Cabinet - Decals
Maine Home Recreation

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
JK Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Marshville, NC
Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 60.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pin Wiz Mods

€ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

€ 110.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

8,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Tatamy, PA
$ 129.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Maine Home Recreation

$ 25.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 85.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Diddy's Pinball Mods

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 823 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 17.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/mandolorian-topper-released-video-inside?hl=spyroftw and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.