(Topic ID: 324193)

Stern Mandolorian Topper Released! Video Inside! MSRP $1999?

By SantaEatsCheese

1 year ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

9364FBFB-6B92-44DA-B12D-26F308C4085B (resized).jpeg
14BEE7E9-AF84-461A-A936-1B3859E5D9D8.gif
20221122_122715 (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20221123_090639_Chrome (resized).jpg
jump the shark (resized).jpg
F4A03351-B95D-433C-B0BA-703CAE586301.gif
2539433-2642583531-24674.gif
C84A3FBE-0A1C-433A-8298-76FDB9431EEB.gif
6097F62A-FDAA-41D8-9CD1-F49F1E35ED94.gif
tenor(2).gif
D59A30F2-DB31-4A3F-9439-81222B30C128.gif
Screenshot 2022-11-17 at 10.38.36 PM (resized).png
C44D19ED-9F3A-4D4D-B239-7E9B5A94C693 (resized).jpeg
4886EC39-C4B4-4135-AF47-8425EC3525C9 (resized).jpeg
16687382733412315382291474799562 (resized).jpg
Nog (resized).jpg
There are 823 posts in this topic. You are on page 8 of 17.
#351 1 year ago
Quoted from nicoy3k:

Mando code is laughably light, has received almost no significant updates since release, and to hold key features behind a 2k paywall is a borderline scam. Don’t kid yourself, the code that is exclusive to this topper at one point was intended to be part of the base game.

I don't agree with that, the code on Mando is just fine but the topper price is not.

I would say they added code to it to try to justify the topper price

#352 1 year ago
Quoted from wisefwumyogwave:

I don't agree with that, the code on Mando is just fine but the topper price is not.
I would say they added code to it to try to justify the topper price

Maybe, but IMHO the added code is most likely the reason it took so long to get the topper to market.

#353 1 year ago
8EDC2896-E000-4E44-BF7F-6280EF6CEB3D (resized).jpeg8EDC2896-E000-4E44-BF7F-6280EF6CEB3D (resized).jpeg
#354 1 year ago
Quoted from KingVidiot:

These threads are always the same. I saw this same crybaby spoiled child shit with the stranger things uv kit.
“Waaahhhh, it shoulda been included, waahhhhhh”
I’ve been into video games for almost 40 years now, same crap there. “Wahhh, I want more for free, waahhh”
Is the base video game worth $60? Yes? Then DLC is extra shit you’re not entitled to. If it isn’t, then why did you buy it in the first place?
Is the base Mandolorean game worth $7k-9k? Yes? Then topper modes are fluff, and if the base game they advertised wasn’t worth it…. Why did you buy it?
Like it says in the Bible “spare the LE shooter rod, spoil the pinsider”

Couple things... the UV on Sth is a huge part of the upside-down and is essential imo. So they didnt include it (money grab maybe). But everyone that wanted one got unless you were late to the party.

Console DLC. Yes costs more, but adds a great deal more. Worlds, maps, character and weapon mods, etc. AND everyone can buy it. Its $60 for the game not $7k. Why can't we just buy the modes like the uv kit and all the topper dudes can pay the extra $2000 for the pretty plastic boxes? Or better yet, if the modes are fluff, then just update it in the code for all of us.

Or maybe.. just finish the damn code before selling them. Too many pins make it into our homes unfinished and takes months, sometimes years, and sometimes never to get finished. I call BS on that. Instead of fixing code in half a dozen other pins, stern throws out a topper with what? ... new code.. its a joke.

#355 1 year ago

$1999…$40 lcd screen…

729F757C-EAF5-42B5-AADD-CF62F3CA4413.gif729F757C-EAF5-42B5-AADD-CF62F3CA4413.gif

#356 1 year ago
Quoted from underlord:

$1999…$40 lcd screen…
[quoted image]

That's not just a $40 LCD screen but rather a "Super action holographic display featuring 3D imagery with 360 degree advance object rotation" according to the marketing materials.

#357 1 year ago
Quoted from smokinhos:

No disrespect, but cool to me and u must be different. Cool to me is tilting playfield, building collapse, killer combo shots, and mechs. Not a mirrored display. The IG11 topper a random pinside dude made is F'n cool.. Nothing against mando but its by far not one of Sterns best releases, but what if this hologram was integrated into the game somehow and had the additional code the topper offers. Maybe then everyone would buy the actual pinball game. The current market shows the overall value of the pin and its gameplay. Improve the game instead of putting lipstick on the pig.. for $2k.

I didn't want to own Mandalorian until I played the Pro earlier in the year on location. Out of a line up of recent Sterns, this was the game I kept going back to. I enjoyed the different layout and the Mandalorian theme. Would definitely like to own a Pro at some stage. What's the biggest down side to this game for people that don't like the game?

As for the topper, we haven't been given an official price yet, but it will be over $3000 AUD, so it's way out of my budget for pinball accessories.

#358 1 year ago
Quoted from ahdelarge:

I didn't want to own Mandalorian until I played the Pro earlier in the year on location. Out of a line up of recent Sterns, this was the game I kept going back to. I enjoyed the different layout and the Mandalorian theme. Would definitely like to own a Pro at some stage. What's the biggest down side to this game for people that don't like the game?
As for the topper, we haven't been given an official price yet, but it will be over $3000 AUD, so it's way out of my budget for pinball accessories.

Biggest downside issue people have can be easily fixed, by changing the right sling bottom star post to a slim post. Then backhanding the right ramp shot is 90% of the time safely doable. This shot is the most critical in the game to advance and frustrates people to no end, since its so close when trying to hit it from the left flipper, which drains much of the time. Mando layout is superb; one of Brian Eddy’s best and my go to game for fun shooting amongst all my lineup! (Advance and play safely by backhanding most shots.)

#359 1 year ago
Quoted from Trekkie1978:

LE owner here and I bought one.

You're a horrible person.

#360 1 year ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

That's not just a $40 LCD screen but rather a "Super action holographic display featuring 3D imagery with 360 degree advance object rotation" according to the marketing materials.

Yep. I punched that into Google Translate and it checks out:

stern (resized).pngstern (resized).png
#361 1 year ago
Quoted from Thunderbird:

Biggest downside issue people have can be easily fixed, by changing the right sling bottom star post to a slim post. Then backhanding the right ramp shot is 90% of the time safely doable. This shot is the most critical in the game to advance and frustrates people to no end, since its so close when trying to hit it from the left flipper, which drains much of the time. Mando layout is superb; one of Brian Eddy’s best and my go to game for fun shooting amongst all my lineup!

I was watching a stream while I was tinkering with a machine one night and it was a family (forgot the channel name). They all said they loved Mandalorian, but the mother said that she wouldn't be sad to see it go. Was there any issues with current code that made people not like it?

I'm glad the layout got the thumbs up because I really did find it refreshing and had a number of interesting shots. I've been playing and collecting pinball machines for a long time, but don't consider myself a top level player. Just don't want a game that I can easily get to the wizard mode.

#362 1 year ago
Quoted from ahdelarge:

I was watching a stream while I was tinkering with a machine one night and it was a family (forgot the channel name). They all said they loved Mandalorian, but the mother said that she wouldn't be sad to see it go. Was there any issues with current code that made people not like it?
I'm glad the layout got the thumbs up because I really did find it refreshing and had a number of interesting shots. I've been playing and collecting pinball machines for a long time, but don't consider myself a top level player. Just don't want a game that I can easily get to the wizard mode.

There used to be an issue with encounters that some people didn’t like which Dwight changed and made better.

I’ve owned Mando since release and consider myself a fairly decent player. Can get all episodes in the game if that’s my focus. RazorCrest MBs doable, but Encounters, I’ve only done once. Had all episodes and Encounters, but couldn’t get RazorCrest completed and drained last ball. Never have made it to the grand wizard mode yet, lol. The code is quite good, with the Foundry creating an RPG style for pinball. Dwight is a master coder, with also being a board game creator guru, he has really put everything in the game code wise. Its exciting to play for sure. (The topper will just add to the fun, but the game is complete without it.)

#363 1 year ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

You're a horrible person.

That was the last straw?

#364 1 year ago

Quick photo from Expo today. Back of Mando with a new topper.

What am I looking at? Insider Connected modem/router just happened to be on the back of this machine... top wire goes to topper.

What's with all the wires?

Screenshot_20221022-204552_YouTube (resized).jpgScreenshot_20221022-204552_YouTube (resized).jpgScreenshot_20221022-204949_YouTube (resized).jpgScreenshot_20221022-204949_YouTube (resized).jpg
#365 1 year ago

Ethernet instead of wifi?

#367 1 year ago
Quoted from titanpenguin:

Ethernet instead of wifi?

More reliable internet connection for fast uploads of player scores

#368 1 year ago
Quoted from calprog:

This and Godzilla topper are the end for me. I need to complete these LE games. I have a large collection and all my games have toppers. I am out on all future NIB LE games unless it’s a dream theme and I dont have many of these left. Stern pricing and strategy is disappointing for sure. If the games were loaded with toys, special armor and backglass etc I would maybe think about it. As you can see in Bond they are not. They will lose my NIB purchases and I’m sure sales will be affected. I can’t be the only one. JJP is a easy pass due to poor quality. They all sucked for me!

This is me too man. I have Mando and Godzilla LEs. Rush looked boring and Bond just looks bad and the price is insane. BTTF probably my next but only dream themes now.

#369 1 year ago

The topper is really pretty neat in person. $2k neat, that depends. I actually traded my Mandalorian Premium away recently and if I known about the topper, I may have decided to keep it. It does some things n previous topper has done and it looks pretty impressive in person. If you love the game you will definitely want the topper.

#370 1 year ago
Quoted from Jaytech10:

I bet over half of you would spend 2k or more for rims and tires on your used car you just bought.
Same effect right as a topper.

C'mon man.. no carguments...

#371 1 year ago
Quoted from ahdelarge:

We aren't good pinball players and even though multiball is easy to get for most players, the pro we have is pretty tough. Friends and family tend to play GZ, Sth, ACDC, and HWN. Dont get me wrong, Mando pulls people in but hitting the various shots is pretty tough. Its fun but I've noticed that every other pin gets played more. A topper and a couple modes won't change that. I even considered upgrading to a premium but couldn't justify it. It will stay until my MMr shows up or if Venom is good next year. I would put mando in the "bang for the buck" category.

#372 1 year ago
Quoted from iceman44:

This is nothing, the Bond topper will be $5k.

I hope you are wrong Ice.. We are getting one either way, I love the theme.

#373 1 year ago

Why no video of this in action anywhere? Isn't it on display and installed on a game at expo? You mean to tell me there's a $2,000 add-on to a game and it's so hot that the first run sold out in minutes but no one gives a shit to actually made a video of this absolutely killer $2K topper???

#374 1 year ago
Quoted from Cobray:

Why no video of this in action anywhere? Isn't it on display and installed on a game at expo? You mean to tell me there's a $2,000 add-on to a game and it's so hot that the first run sold out in minutes but no one gives a shit to actually made a video of this absolutely killer $2K topper???

IMG_7599.mov
Sorry not downloading

#375 1 year ago
Quoted from freddy:

IMG_7599.mov
Sorry not downloading

LMAO. You're the perfect Stern customer.

#376 1 year ago
Quoted from Cobray:

LMAO. You're the perfect Stern customer.

Was!

#377 1 year ago
Quoted from Polypin:

With prices like this, it won't be long before it makes sense to offer "Pro, Premium, LE" toppers for price segmentation.

I'm going to quote myself, which is weird, but use this to ask a question. In all seriousness, would people here like to have topper options?

$500 = Basic light up
$1000 = Some sort of basic animatronic (moving) version
$2000 = Display integrated, etc (Like the Mando version)

I don't know the volume Stern does and whether this makes a ton of sense, it obviously complicates supply planning (how many of each type do you make, etc.) but with prices being 2k there is room for segmentation that may actually be more profitable overall for Stern while giving consumers options they want.

#378 1 year ago
Quoted from Polypin:

$500 = Basic light up
$1000 = Some sort of basic animatronic (moving) version
$2000 = Display integrated, etc (Like the Mando version)

$0 - no topper needed

#379 1 year ago
Quoted from freddy:

IMG_7599.mov
Sorry not downloading

Download on Pinside ? You can't.

You can put it somewhere like Youtube and post the link here.

LTG : )

#380 1 year ago

So nobody was able to get any video of this during gameplay at expo?

#381 1 year ago

Guys, picked up a couple at Walmart. Will sell here for $1500. Free shipping!

203375D4-B7C8-49A1-BF9A-92D824C53AF6 (resized).jpeg203375D4-B7C8-49A1-BF9A-92D824C53AF6 (resized).jpeg
#382 1 year ago

Hey guys -
Cary Hardy shows topper during his walkthrough starting @4:04 mark… enjoy!

#383 1 year ago

I didnt think it was possible to be less impressed with the topper.. but after watching the video. My $2k is safe..

#384 1 year ago

Topper looks great! Even cooler in person.

#385 1 year ago
Quoted from smokinhos:

We aren't good pinball players and even though multiball is easy to get for most players, the pro we have is pretty tough. Friends and family tend to play GZ, Sth, ACDC, and HWN. Dont get me wrong, Mando pulls people in but hitting the various shots is pretty tough. Its fun but I've noticed that every other pin gets played more. A topper and a couple modes won't change that. I even considered upgrading to a premium but couldn't justify it. It will stay until my MMr shows up or if Venom is good next year. I would put mando in the "bang for the buck" category.

I'm having a weekend away and got to play Godzilla Pro (for the second time) this weekend. The playfield just seems very sparse. Trying to choose between Godzilla and Mando for my next game....now I need to play Mando again.

#386 1 year ago
Quoted from Vino:

Hey guys -
Cary Hardy shows topper during his walkthrough starting @4:04 mark… enjoy!

Topper looks amazing! A must have, even though I don’t like the price, but love the gameplay of Mando. Fun machine!

#387 1 year ago
Quoted from Thunderbird:

Topper looks amazing! A must have, even though I don’t like the price, but love the gameplay of Mando. Fun machine!

You appear to be easily amused LMAO. Flashing led light, and a ship projected from an LCD onto a screen with no real showing of what anything does. But here we go, Must have EVEN IF IT'S $2K!!!

I'd bet you're a JJP trasher too, that would round it out. But you embody where everything is right now with accepting the ridiculous.

I hope each and every person that validates Sterns $2K price on this eats it BIG TIME. Because like everyone buying it is claiming NOW, it's worth it!!! Let's see how those buying view it if they indeed are not making money on the topper like they think they will be. Let's see if those are really being honest on not caring about the price... when the value drops out afterwards.

I mean, Mando Premiums sit as low as you can get on the market for any Stern Premium over the past several years so... the topper has a lot of work to "make the game" or take it to it's potential.

#388 1 year ago
Quoted from Cobray:

You appear to be easily amused LMAO. Flashing led light, and a ship projected from an LCD onto a screen with no real showing of what anything does. But here we go, Must have EVEN IF IT'S $2K!!!
I'd bet you're a JJP trasher too, that would round it out. But you embody where everything is right now with accepting the ridiculous.
I hope each and every person that validates Stern $2K price on this eats it BIG TIME. Because like everyone buying it is claiming NOW, it's worth it!!! Let's see how those buying view it if they indeed are not making money on the topper like they think they will be.
I mean, Mando Premiums sit as low as you can get on the market for any Stern Premium over the past several years so... the topper has a lot of work to "make the game" or take it to it's potential.

The game is good. Just brutal of you don’t make the shots.

#389 1 year ago
Quoted from Cobray:

I hope each and every person that validates Stern $2K price on this eats it BIG TIME. Because like everyone buying it is claiming NOW, it's worth it!!! Let's see how those buying view it if they indeed are not making money on the topper like they think they will be.

I hope you EAT IT BIG TIME. Meanie. I come to pinball for fun. People like you suck the fun out like a vacuum whore

#390 1 year ago

I play pinball to flip the ball towards things ON the playfield. Toppers seem like they're made for gen Xers who can't stay focused for more than 3 seconds. It's just super unnecessary and the prices are stupid.

Flame away but I'm not a boomer, my dad is.

#391 1 year ago
Quoted from Pinbub:

I play pinball to flip the ball towards things ON the playfield. Toppers seem like they're made for gen Xers who can't stay focused for more than 3 seconds. It's just super unnecessary and the prices are stupid.
Flame away but I'm not a boomer, my dad is.

Whut is a “boomer”? Someone who farts a lot? Boom boom boom. Stinky

#392 1 year ago
Quoted from MaxIsDead:

Whut is a “boomer”? Someone who farts a lot? Boom boom boom. Stinky

If you don't know,you probably are one!

#393 1 year ago
Quoted from Pinbub:

If you don't know,you probably are one!

#394 1 year ago
Quoted from Cobray:

I hope each and every person that validates Sterns $2K price on this eats it BIG TIME. Because like everyone buying it is claiming NOW, it's worth it!!! Let's see how those buying view it if they indeed are not making money on the topper like they think they will be. Let's see if those are really being honest on not caring about the price... when the value drops out afterwards.

Is it worth $2k? Absolutely not! Will I buy any more at that fleecing price, no. There is no validation for Stern sticking it to us with these high prices. I said this before, there is a huge disconnect to the almost criminal pricing of what Stern is charging now and when Mando came out almost 2 years ago. Had the topper been released at that time, it would have been $1k tops and we all know it. There’s no more than $100 - $150 worth of material there. Oh yes I care about the price and wouldn’t buy it if not wishing to complete my game with a topper. Stern knows this, but going forward they’re not getting away with it as far as I’m concerned. Do we need toppers, no, but they can top off our games nicely like the Mando topper does.

Mando sits low on the charts because of Stern haters and a lower star post on the right messing up the geometry of Brian Eddy’s stellar design. Which should have been a slim post and Mando would be rated a top ten game in many people’s book. To advance in the game, backhanding the right ramp is a most important shot and is a dangerous low percentage to hit from the left flipper. Fix that post and its an awesome playing game for everyone. No more frustration.

#395 1 year ago
Quoted from Cobray:

You appear to be easily amused LMAO. Metal balls, flippers, Flashers, lcd screen, which barely shows the score. But here we go, Must have EVEN IF IT’S $9K!!!

I hope each and every person that validates Stern’s/JJP/Spooky’s/etc. $7-9k price on this eats it BIG TIME.

See? The entire hobby falls apart once you realize these are 5-10k toys…. But don’t you dare spend another $2k on accessories for your toys, because THATS WHATS RUINING THE HOBBY!!!

#396 1 year ago
81A88E31-47FC-4D88-B503-8E3295ABCDCE (resized).jpeg81A88E31-47FC-4D88-B503-8E3295ABCDCE (resized).jpeg
#397 1 year ago
Quoted from MaxIsDead:

I hope you EAT IT BIG TIME. Meanie. I come to pinball for fun. People like you suck the fun out like a vacuum whore

Ahhh yes, this is the world today. HOW DARE YOU CALL OUT A RIDICULOUS OVERPRICED $2K TOPPER!! You're not allowed! YOU'RE A VACCUM WHORE!!

You're "just having fun" with your $2K topper and defend it like the $9K Pinball machine wouldn't be fun without it... think about that for a minute.

#398 1 year ago
Quoted from Cobray:

Ahhh yes, this is the world today. HOW DARE YOU CALL OUT A RIDICULOUS OVERPRICED $2K TOPPER!! You're not allowed! YOU'RE A VACCUM WHORE!!
You're "just having fun" with your $2K topper and defend it like the $9K Pinball machine wouldn't be fun without it... think about that for a minute.

Well, in all fairness, it is like 0.002% of his net worth.

#399 1 year ago
Quoted from KingVidiot:

You appear to be easily amused LMAO. Metal balls, flippers, Flashers, lcd screen, which barely shows the score. But here we go, Must have EVEN IF IT’S $9K!!!
I hope each and every person that validates Stern’s/JJP/Spooky’s/etc. $7-9k price on this eats it BIG TIME.
See? The entire hobby falls apart once you realize these are 5-10k toys…. But don’t you dare spend another $2k on accessories for your toys, because THATS WHATS RUINING THE HOBBY!!!

I am easily amused, but what I pay for said amusement gives me an expectation of value.. I can't just pay anything "just to be amused".

If I watch a free movie on a plane and it entertains me, I can live with the fact it was a bad movie and move on. If I was forced to pay $2000 for the movie and it was the only way they would let me have the flight and the normal price of that flight was $500 on previous flights, I'd be upset. See how that works?

#400 1 year ago

Putting a topper on your pin is like mounting a flashlight on your fleshlight.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 290.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Beyond Shop

€ 65.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
€ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 70.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Diddy's Pinball Mods

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 20.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
WilliPinball Mods

$ 19.95
$ 9,799.00
Pinball Machine
Gameroom Goodies Arizona

6,200 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Las Cruces, NM
$ 89.99
Cabinet - Decals
Maine Home Recreation

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Cabinet - Toppers
+CY Universal

$ 35.00
Various Other Swag
JK Pinball

€ 70.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Cheap Drainz Shop

Cabinet - Decals
Space Coast Pinball

$ 60.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pin Wiz Mods

6,250 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Bay Shore, NY
$ 5.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Fuzz

Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

8,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Northfield, MN
$ 495.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
CRCades

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 823 posts in this topic. You are on page 8 of 17.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/mandolorian-topper-released-video-inside/page/8 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.