(Topic ID: 324193)

Stern Mandolorian Topper Released! Video Inside! MSRP $1999?

By SantaEatsCheese

1 year ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

9364FBFB-6B92-44DA-B12D-26F308C4085B (resized).jpeg
14BEE7E9-AF84-461A-A936-1B3859E5D9D8.gif
20221122_122715 (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20221123_090639_Chrome (resized).jpg
jump the shark (resized).jpg
F4A03351-B95D-433C-B0BA-703CAE586301.gif
2539433-2642583531-24674.gif
C84A3FBE-0A1C-433A-8298-76FDB9431EEB.gif
6097F62A-FDAA-41D8-9CD1-F49F1E35ED94.gif
tenor(2).gif
D59A30F2-DB31-4A3F-9439-81222B30C128.gif
Screenshot 2022-11-17 at 10.38.36 PM (resized).png
C44D19ED-9F3A-4D4D-B239-7E9B5A94C693 (resized).jpeg
4886EC39-C4B4-4135-AF47-8425EC3525C9 (resized).jpeg
16687382733412315382291474799562 (resized).jpg
Nog (resized).jpg

There are 823 posts in this topic. You are on page 4 of 17.
#151 1 year ago

I guess if these subsidize Pro pricing in some way - that's nice, I guess I hope you guys enjoy your toppers. I'm out at $200 for crying out loud, so no skin off my back.

But Jesus, at some point you just look like a chump if you spend this kind of money for any topper.

#152 1 year ago
Quoted from ccbiggsoo7:

st pro is easily worth 5-5500

2 years ago I saw ST Pro's for as little as $3700

So the poster is correct.

#153 1 year ago
Quoted from SantaEatsCheese:

My Dumbass has a weird al LE on order. The upgrade to the LE package including the physically animated Squeeze Box topper was less than this.

Al autographed our translites on the LEs as well.

#154 1 year ago

My Ultraman came with a topper and I lost > $2k selling it.
It’s a hobby, it should be fun. Buy what you like, or don’t. ‍♂️

#155 1 year ago

This hobby is dead

#156 1 year ago

I get it, ya just pay for the gouging upfront.

#157 1 year ago

Someone's a drama queen.

Quoted from nicoy3k:

This hobby is dead

#158 1 year ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

They put a fan in this? I thought it was a screen?

I don't know how they made it, just telling what I know.

#159 1 year ago

Thinking of getting a few of these and recouping a 25% mark up in a year or two. You know it will happen.

#160 1 year ago
Quoted from blairan213:

Someone's a drama queen.

Just facts

#161 1 year ago

Half of the games I own cost less than $2K.

#162 1 year ago
Quoted from RCA1:

Half of the games I own cost less than $2K.

When did you buy them?

#163 1 year ago
Quoted from titanpenguin:

When did you buy them?

Last game I picked up was in April this year. $1,700.

Edit: Blackout - Thanks John!

#164 1 year ago
Quoted from RCA1:Last game I picked up was in April this year. $1,700.

Nice! What was it?

#165 1 year ago
Quoted from Methos:

Thinking of getting a few of these and recouping a 25% mark up in a year or two. You know it will happen.

I said the same thing about the GB, Aerosmith, and DP toppers. Really wish I had done that. GB toppers went crazy.

#166 1 year ago

Currently one of the worst new games gets the most expensive MSRP Topper to date. Recipe for even less people wanting this title smh

#167 1 year ago
Quoted from Yoko2una:

And C3PO, and Thanos, and the spitting dilophosaurus. Topper animatronics >>> a giant redundant logo already on the BG.

Would love Jurassic Park topper where Dino spits all over my face.

#168 1 year ago
Quoted from Gman3:

Currently one of the worst new games gets the most expensive MSRP Topper to date. Recipe for even less people wanting this title smh

I thought this was a mando thread, Led Zeppelin already got a topper.

#169 1 year ago

Short video clip…

Quoted from Gman3:

Maybe a reason for this topper? To try to sell more of the game……

Seriously though- 2k for a mando topper. What’s the Godzilla topper gonna go for? That’s gonna blow up

#170 1 year ago
Quoted from Wmsfan-GAP:

That’s gonna blow up

Exploding topper. I might have to buy that.
Problem is that it only works once.

#171 1 year ago

#172 1 year ago

The only topper I'd pay $2000 for would be a AFM-LE... now that's a topper! This one is cool if the price fit for what a topper should be ($500-ish). We the collectors didn't create the $2K topper market, Stern did by limiting production so much on them. They are cash cows for them yet don't seem to focus on producing enough... instead, they make new ones and charge 4X the price?

I'm not sure who keeps paying the high Stern prices, as some have mentioned here, I guess it's the new guys? All of my old collector friends are not buying at these prices and just trying to MAYBE get some money back out of the ones they already have to get the new ones that they really want. Gone are the days of the guys I know buying every single Stern release, or so it seems. Most of the guys I know in this hobby are PINBALL rich, but otherwise live in modest homes and drive cars that get them and their family by. Now it feels that the "pinball rich" lifestyle is not for the average Joe anymore but for the "rich rich" or even... suckers (in fairness, perhaps I am a sucker?).

I remember when (and I think a lot of us can relate to this) years ago I'd have someone over (or a repair guy, lol) that was not in the pinball hobby and they'd comment on the pinball machines in my living room... if the conversation continued beyond just looking, it always ended up with "how much does one of these cost"? And 10 years ago, a NIB Stern was $4600-ish and up to $5K+. Used Bally Williams were sometimes cheaper, depending on title ($2K Shadows, Wh2o's, Fishtails, etc.). Generally, the overwhelming response was shock and "holy shit those are expensive". But most could do it and see it.

Now, when I tell them that my new game cost $10,000 or my TBL was $16,000, they want to refer me to a psychotherapist LOL.

So for those defending the price of new pins on "inflation", I plugged it in to the inflation calculator, the results of what a new machine cost in 2010 to what that money number is now may surprise you:

Screen Shot 2022-10-20 at 12.17.49 AM (resized).pngScreen Shot 2022-10-20 at 12.17.49 AM (resized).png
#173 1 year ago

Stop buying these toppers at there prices and the price will drop!
Simple as that.

#174 1 year ago
Quoted from Squizz:

Simple as that.

I can't stop, it's a problem.

#175 1 year ago
Quoted from P1nhead:

I can't stop, it's a problem.

As predicted.. a relatively new collector.

Screen Shot 2022-10-20 at 12.55.25 AM (resized).pngScreen Shot 2022-10-20 at 12.55.25 AM (resized).png
Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
#176 1 year ago
Quoted from Squizz:

Simple as that.

That is the answer to an outright fleecing by Stern. Stop buying and they stop raising prices sky high. Topper looks cool, price is borderline criminal. Add sales tax and shipping and you’re banging on the door of $2300.00.

#177 1 year ago
Quoted from Pinball-Wiz:

As predicted.. a relatively new collector. [quoted image]

Because it is mandatory to join and post on pinside prior to buying a machine... but yes, I bought my first game 3 years ago.

Maybe pop over to the pinball definitions thread and define what a "seasoned" collector versus a "new" collector is. I can tell you, whatever your definition of "not new" is, I'll still be spending at this price point if I see the worth.

I like the topper. I like the DLC modes. I like the animations, programming, and engineering to produce this. It feels right for an expensive license like Mando.

If that prices you (or anyone else) out of the topper market for this particular title, I hope you can buy one on the secondary market cheaper, packaged as a deal, or at a fire sale price because nobody but me and the fraction net worth guy (my hero) bought one.

Until then, myself and many, many others (probably most not on pinside) will continue to laugh about the pinball machine (price wise, since pinball machines are a standard unit of currency now) sitting on top of the pinball machine... I will not argue the point it is frivolous and probably a bad thing for most in the hobby - I think your right. Won't change my buying habits though.

#178 1 year ago

2K……wow, the topper looks amazing but not 2K amazing

#179 1 year ago
Quoted from ccbiggsoo7:

st pro is easily worth 5-5500

Aren't ST Pro's selling at 7500+ now?

#180 1 year ago
Quoted from titanpenguin:

Spooky started doing that too. Not to mention weird Al if you bought the limited. And JJP CE’s

Don't forget Batman LE/SLE.

#181 1 year ago

Here is cointaker.

First run sold out.

Screen Shot 2022-10-20 at 8.43.09 AM (resized).pngScreen Shot 2022-10-20 at 8.43.09 AM (resized).png
#182 1 year ago

Already ? Wow can't imagine they will lower the price when it will be Godzilla time.

#183 1 year ago
Quoted from Trekkie1978:

Here is cointaker.
First run sold out.
[quoted image]

They probably did a very small first run intentionally to induce FOMO for those who were on the fence due to the price and who will now flock to give them their money...

#184 1 year ago

You will see soon: Mandalorian Pro 5,000 USD without topper and 10,000 USD with Topper

#185 1 year ago

Just sell the topper separate. If there is not a lot of them to go around it should t be an issue. Look at the GB toppers. Easy to sell.

Wait till the GZ topper is a recycled GOT with a flapping mothra for 2500.

#186 1 year ago

Look at toys like this and then look at pinball toppers. Can you imagine a topper that did stuff like this toy? We'd all lose our minds. $2k for an lcd screen and a peppers ghost effect. We're a wild bunch

#187 1 year ago

Where am I going to put this if I get one?

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png
#188 1 year ago

If the game warranted a 2k topper I'd be on it like Flynn.
Mando code just isn't my bag.

Wonder what kind of Love Stern is going to give Godzilla.. Are we looking at another 2k topper for the King of Monsters?

#189 1 year ago
Quoted from Squizz:

Simple as that.

It’s not that simple. For every pinball enthusiast looking to save a few bucks there are others who spend 2k like it’s no big deal.

#190 1 year ago

This hobby sucks money out of the pockets of rich people at a rate that would make Bernie Sanders blush.

#191 1 year ago

Looks like Stern/JJP are testing the limits of the current market. These toppers are a massive cash haul and I can't blame them for profiting on these accessories....although $2K+ shipping and tax is pretty crazy for a topper

#192 1 year ago
Quoted from Haymaker:

Look at toys like this and then look at pinball toppers. Can you imagine a topper that did stuff like this toy? We'd all lose our minds. $2k for an lcd screen and a peppers ghost effect. We're a wild bunch

Someone needs to mount that sucker on a TFLE and make a relay for it to transform when MB starts.

#193 1 year ago

As a MFG, Why bother with low priced / lower margin items in this shitty economy/supply chain? Go big or go home!

#194 1 year ago

Stern clearly recognizes there is huge profit to be made on accessories….it’s surprise they aren’t producing more of the older toppers and side armor. They never promised those would be limited as far as I know and the margin must be huge. I know they are supposed to do a run if aces high toppers.

#195 1 year ago

I totally agree 1000% that the topper is way too expensive. But what's the difference of spending $2000 bucks on a topper and spending $2000 difference of what the premium and LE versions of pins were last year? Even the pros are getting out of hand.

#196 1 year ago
Quoted from nicoy3k:

This hobby is dead

(Calculates number of *daily* posts on Pinside).

Can't agree.

#197 1 year ago

Greed is destroying this hobby. Most of it is completely unnecessary in most cases. I’m also tired of the excuses provided by the apologists saying it’s due to rising cost of materials or whatever you want to fill the blank in with.

Most people despise flippers and now manufactures are taking the same approach on their own product at all levels. Keep it up and this hobby will be a desert again.

#198 1 year ago
Quoted from DarthPaul:

Where am I going to put this if I get one?[quoted image]

@Darthpaul, I'll have room on top of MY Mando!

#199 1 year ago
Quoted from the_one:

You will see soon: Mandalorian Pro 5,000 USD without topper and 10,000 USD with Topper

I was going to suggest Stern figured out how to double the value of the title but figured I was just being difficult.

Really wanted to like the title but for some reason don't when I had opportunity to play.

#200 1 year ago
Quoted from Bud:

Greed is destroying this hobby. Most of it is completely unnecessary in most cases. I’m also tired of the excuses provided by the apologists saying it’s due to rising cost of materials or whatever you want to fill the blank in with.
Most people despise flippers and now manufactures are taking the same approach on their own product at all levels. Keep it up and this hobby will be a desert again.

I think it’s more FOMO that’s driving up the prices. If you don’t get in ASAP, then you don’t get one. That is what drives the secondary market prices. You used to be able to wait a while after an announcement and actually play the game. Once Metallica hit the streets it really started to change. If it was simply greed, people wouldn’t be taking a bath on TS4, Halloween/Ultraman.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 29.99
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PR Mods
Sound/Speakers
$ 75.00
Lighting - Backbox
arcade-cabinets.com
Backbox
$ 70.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Diddy's Pinball Mods
Toys/Add-ons
$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark
Shooter rods
$ 49.99
$ 169.95
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinSound
Sound/Speakers
$ 6.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
3D Tech. Pinball Parts
Toys/Add-ons
$ 299.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 20.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
WilliPinball Mods
Toys/Add-ons
€ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop
Toys/Add-ons
$ 29.99
Playfield - Decals
Cento Creations
Decals
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.
Flipper parts
$ 79.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Cheap Drainz Shop
Shooter rods
$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn
Decorations
Machine - For Sale
Aurora, IL
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk
Other
$ 5.00
Cabinet - Other
Side Gig Studios
Other
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods
Toys/Add-ons
$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions
Decals
€ 65.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop
Toys/Add-ons
$ 12.00
Tools
Nezzy's Pinball Prints
Tools
Machine - For Sale
Helena, AL
$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms
Pinball Machine
$ 25.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
arcade-cabinets.com
Shooter rods
Machine - For Sale
San Diego, CA
€ 65.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop
Toys/Add-ons
$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods
Protection
$ 399.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
There are 823 posts in this topic. You are on page 4 of 17.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/mandolorian-topper-released-video-inside/page/4 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.