Topic poll

“The Mandolorian by Disney, discussions, contain SPOILERS this topic does”

• I will continue to watch 88 votes
    85%
  • Meh, doesn't peak my interest 16 votes
    15%

(104 votes)

Topic Gallery

There have been 12 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

38ebe85208f14838 (resized).jpeg
4EBAB48A-6223-4C2E-ACAD-D19F038E7F87.gif
Screenshot_20191211-085948 (resized).png
A6357750-196E-439A-865C-E59BE2757EF1 (resized).jpeg
RichardSimmonsSept2011 (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20191202-232229~2 (resized).png
MEME2019-11-23-09-50-46 (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20191121-104612~2 (resized).png
Screenshot_20191121-004430~2 (resized).png
pasted_image (resized).png
Yaddle (resized).jpeg
spaceballswinnebago (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider northvibe.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#92 6 months ago
Quoted from Deaconblooze:

I'm in the "just ok" camp.
I bought in on the 3 year Disney+ deal. I thought it was a slam dunk since I have 3 kids under 6, and I love SW. The amount of content on the service for adults is very very thin. I don't really care about the Marvel movies... and even if I did, there are other avenues to watch them. So far I'm pretty disappointed with the service.

what about all the content from the 30's, 40's, etc on up to things when you were a child?

#103 6 months ago
Quoted from Dr-pin:

I´ve seen the first two parts and i thought it was terrible, just terrible.
What is the target audience of this turd?
Star wars sect members and people who wants to fall asleep?

Star wars fans and people who want more back story to some of the more popular characters or races.

Why is it terrible? I mean, episode 1 imo was terrible but it had some good parts to it...

#155 6 months ago

Anyone who waits for all the episodes to be done, then watches it will love the ability to just blow through. I hate waiting each week and I’d love longer shows, but I think that just means I like it! I’m taking it for what it is, and not over thinking and it is enjoyable

#160 6 months ago

Ep4 has some bad/cheezy acting but I think the idea of the episode was good! A hardcore sw fan or someone expecting something may be disappointed. But I loved xena growing up, so

#166 6 months ago
Quoted from Dr-pin:

The idea?
This ”idea” has been done twice before. Once with samurais, and once with cowboys.
Both atleast ten times better.

Meh, I’m just enjoying it with no expectations. Everyone else can bitch and complain

#168 6 months ago
Quoted from jmountjoy111:

Honestly this is just the new pinside. Everyone whines about everything. Nothing is ever good enough. It’s sad but true. This site is overran by it.
I like the show for what it is. I guess other people had higher expectations. I don’t know. I don’t really have anything better to do than wait it out and see where it goes.

Let's sit in our happy bubble and enjoy it! Man too much work to be negative, I already do that enough with work and crabby toddlers

1 week later
#222 5 months ago

*****spoilers*******

So the boots at the end of episode 6. My developers think it is bobafett, as the jingle sound was used back in the movies when he would go on screen. Thoughts?

#227 5 months ago
Quoted from Psw757:

Hmmm...I suppose he could have survived falling in the sarlacc pit.
I’m going to bet against it though. I’m going to guess it’s Greef Carga(Carl Westhers).

Quoted from Rando:

I didn't think that when I saw it, but that's what I'm hearing as well and it makes sense, as he could have been going after the same bounty, or the bounty on Mando.
Not sure how I feel about it, as in my head (movies only), Boba is dead. But he's also someone that posed as a Mandolorian but wasn't. Could be an interesting twist!
Side note, wish I still had Boba's spaceship that I had when I was a kid!

Interesting!! It makes waiting for this Friday even more difficult!

#237 5 months ago

I’m really thinking they didn’t do mandalorian toys or baby yoda early, is to keep leaks from happening. Any marketing person would of known a cute baby yoda would be a hot item.

#268 5 months ago
Quoted from wesman:

Yeah, Bill Burr seemed a bit too wacky, out of place, and that Twilek lady might have well been out of Natural Born Killers. The Devilguy was at least Clancy Brown, but otherwise could they write anymore stereotype goofy characters? Richard Ayoade was nice casting though for sure!
Who was the grey hairded old fat dude? Seemed like he came straight from a Ribfest Rock Fest somewhere. Was he a gueststar too?
This seems like a modern Love Boat. All guest stars, and all appetizing, but nutrition free gunk.
Another fine episode, but also fairly forgettable. Seems to be the name of this show, really.
I have a box set of all four seasons of the Wild, Wild West. Probably could watch that, and get more creativity out of it.
People seem to give this show a bit, well a lot, of a free pass. For the budget, the lore, and all of the creative talent out there, this might as well be Magnum P.I. (The original of course!)
Minus the killer mustache and style.
It's incredibly okay, but man...for the pedigree and cash, it's entirely not....okay.

The gray long haired guy is from sons of anarchy. My wife noticed him right away and I was still thinking.

Bill burr! Ha he reminded me of the bad guy in the matrix that turns on the crew.

Loved episode 6

#302 5 months ago
Quoted from DRDAVE:

This is the best part of the Mandolorian:

hahhahahah. That is funny. reminds me of my kid.

#311 5 months ago
Quoted from flynnibus:

Well... I see it alot like 'practicing catholics..' etc The idea of this 'religion' and its rituals may not be explictly followed by all. We know Jengo Fett was raised by Mandalorians... but clearly wasn't following this 'tradition' in the prequels.. and Boba Fett is his clone. Boba Fett clearly was aware of Jengo's armor, etc.
But this whole lore/traditional/ritual we are seeing in this show is pretty new turf in star wars canon AFAIK. For instance, the Mandalorians in the Clone Wars cartoons did not follow this ritual either.
So is the label more about those that follow the faith and culture? Or is it a label for those from the planet? Or both

My buddy who is really into mandalorians said the show is taking %50 lore from the books and making up %50 as they go, or about. I figured why not use the books but we’ll it’s Disney...

Episode 7 was pretty good. The acting from the shock trooper is still terrible but should make a good build up to the end of the season.

#314 5 months ago
Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

Haha I was remarking last night that Gina Carano is really learning how to act; I thought she made some unique character choices in episode 7

Man for the cost of each episode you think they'd give her some acting lessons quickly. She fits the roll very well but the acting is sub par of the CW's :/

#318 5 months ago
Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

You can’t learn acting that quick - some people get it immediately, but the vast majority of people need years of practice to get out of their own head in order to act like someone else. I’m not finding her acting distracting, but there’s definitely a high bar on that show. Hello, Nick Nolte!

Well if you want to get into acting you’d think you’d get some practice and lessons etc. other movies that wanted a particular person had that actor take lessons etc. at $1mill an episode you’d think they’d put some effort/pick some people that could pull it off. People need to start somewhere but I expect that from the CW not a full blown Disney production.

#338 5 months ago
Quoted from wesman:

Man, I wish Favreau had worked on the Witcher. That show is a nightmare mess, storyline, timeline, character motive, CG renders, etc.
Really impressed with the cohesive, logical, and fun choices they made on this show!

Hmm, I love the Witcher. The timeline is messed up until the end of S1 so they can get you enough back story for each character. Maybe not the best way but probably done for speed and action.

#341 5 months ago
Quoted from wesman:

Did you read any of the books/games?

Nope. However now it makes me interested in reading the books, starting with the short stories

#343 5 months ago
Quoted from wesman:

The Last Wish and Sword of Destiny are the first two, the short story books. Definitely start there. Good, quick reads.
The Witcher 3 is the game of this generation for me. Bought it on PS4, PC and Switch. Fabulously immersive, immense game, and balances the characters from all the nations very, very smoothly.

Do you feel the books are worth the purchase? Just got a kindle and was looking for some books just want to make sure they were worth the read. Some reviews liked them and some didnt

#347 5 months ago
Quoted from captainadam_21:

Easily the best star wars product since Rogue One.
I do agree I didn't like seeing his face. It doesn't look as tough as his voice sounds

Yaaaaa I really didn’t like it either. They should of cut the camera to a diff scene but let the robot take the helmet off

#348 5 months ago
Quoted from captainadam_21:

The first two books of short stories are really good. The 5 after that are a big story arc. They weren't nearly as good with the last 2 books being a mess. It contained 40 pages about a battle that had no bearing on the story whatsoever

I heard the English translations sucked so that could of made some bad reading :/ too bad I can read polish.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 45.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
LightAndTimeArt
$ 5,899.00
Pinball Machine
Operation Pinball
$ 85.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods
$ 10.95
$ 99.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop
$ 74.00
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
Id Rather Play Pinball
$ 89.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
$ 64.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Lermods
Electronics
Third Coast Pinball
$ 10.95
Apparel - Unisex
Pinball Wheezer
$ 7.50
Playfield - Decals
Doc's Pinball Shop
$ 149.00
$ 75.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
UpKick Pinball
$ 229.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 7,599.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade
$ 7,599.00
Pinball Machine
Gulf Coast Pinball, LLC
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos
$ 4.00
Playfield - Decals
UpKick Pinball
$ 80.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Back Alley Creations

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider northvibe.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside