132135393_3618703148206427_8800067857665574212_n (resized).jpg
1152181 (resized).jpg
FE172DCC-5B46-4E60-B0F2-4EAC2B9DD13B (resized).jpeg
pasted_image (resized).png
Starship-Boca-Chica-120320-Richard-Angle-SN8-pad-build-site-overview-sunset-1-crop-1-c-c-2048x738 (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider gdonovan.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#40 4 years ago
Quoted from acedanger:

That one episode blew away the entire new Trilogy!! Great pacing, special effects & most importantly great characters!! It's very refreshing a grungy Sci-Fi western with humor, cool environments & great action sequences!! Very happy with the direction so far...

Best Star Wars since the original trilogy, period.

#51 4 years ago
Quoted from wesman:

There have been several large beasties front and center, and at least two "leads" that have been cg, as well as lots of ships, some sets, etc.
I don't know what story there is so far. It's pretty basic, which isn't bad necessarily, but I don't know how much character development has been established to this point.

Has a western vibe going on, the man with no name.

The CGI of the "lizard horses" could have been better, some distinct issues around the tail movement/blending in several shots.

Classic tropes are classic for a good reason, the character and backdrops change but the same basic story which I'm perfectly good with.

We have the mysterious stranger, the quest for the mcguffin, the side quest, etc. So far not bad.

#56 4 years ago
Quoted from wesman:

I don't like their design really at all. Weight distribution looks awkward, like they'd topple tits over ass, kinda thing.

That didn't bother me so much, science fantasy after all but when you see CGI artifacts it pulls you out the story.

What did bother me was the whole "you need this lizard horse to get to point B" and then he walks back to point A minus the lizard. Clearly didn't need it after all.

Quoted from wesman:

Tough to connect to a stranger when there's a mask constantly present.

He is a mystery man, the smartest thing they can do is not take the mask off. Allude to his backstory but please, no flashbacks. Hollywood loves themselves flashbacks.

One of the biggest mistakes they made in Judge Dredd with Stallone was taking the mask off which they did not repeat with Dredd.

Jaws was terrifying because not what you saw, but what your mind filled in the blanks.

#65 4 years ago
Quoted from Methos:

Urban's Dredd was a fantastic film, and of course they never did another. Guess it shows how skewed my opinions are compared to the masses.

It was a great adaptation of the Judge Dredd graphics series, loved it.

#77 4 years ago

I just sat down to watch them a year or two ago, could not do it. Just utterly cringe-worthy.

McGregor, and McDiarmid are the only good things to come out of that mess aside from Darth Maul, who was of course tossed down a pit very much like Boba Fett.

Lucas was a hack. He got lucky on Star Wars as he had friends that helped cut the movie and a wife he listened too. Empire was directed by someone else and it shows. The third.. well the wheels were clearly coming off the cart as the best Lucas could come up with was another death star and Ewoks since he figured out where the real revenue stream was.

After Lucas and wife parted company it has been downhill since.

#79 4 years ago
Quoted from wesman:

It feels a little disingenuous, to give no credit at all to Lucas, doesn't it..?

No credit is a bit strong.

Lucas is a very good idea guy, poor storyteller though and his dialog is atrocious. His wife would reign in the worst of his excesses, she was the only one that could. Once they divorced there was no one to stop him from acting on his excesses. Watch the Red Letter Media review of Phantom Menace on Youtube, guy nails it. Lucas was a titan on TPM set and had a bunch of guys who were bobble heads going "the was wonderful Mr. Lucas" every thirty seconds. No one had the nerve to tell him "that looks a little shaky George" though after one test screening you could see it on their faces.

Also watch some of the unused footage from the first Star Wars, just as well it ended up on the cutting room floor.

#80 4 years ago

This is well worth watching, all 7 parts. Plinkett covers it in extensive detail.

#84 4 years ago
Quoted from Darscot:

My daughter and a couple of her friends are splitting an account so I jumped on to watch episode 2.

Watch episode one, it was much better than the second.

#86 4 years ago
Quoted from HoakyPoaky:

Vader's "NO disintigrations" demand from ESB finally explained I was also laughing out loud seeing that. The series is full of references that the hard core fans will spot. They are doing an excellent job so far.

Spot the two Star Wars Holiday Special references?

#88 4 years ago
Quoted from Darscot:

I did already but can't justify a subscription.

Ah.

The first episode was excellent, in the second I felt there was a smidgen too much "Marvel Brand" humor.

#98 4 years ago
Quoted from wesman:

I know I did, but does "Callback: The Show" make a good substitute for solid material? I groaned when I heard the Life Day reference in the first episode.

There is nothing wrong with subtle callbacks, this is taking place in the Star Wars universe after all.

And frankly only a well versed SW fan would even get the references to the holiday special.. It will go over most peoples heads.

#110 4 years ago
Quoted from DRDAVE:

"George" also weighed in on how Disney continues to take a dump on his life's work!
"George Lucas" being ever so honest and sooo darn funny weighing in on Rise of Skywalker:

"You don't have daddy to kick around anymore"
Hilarious! =)

Thanks for the chuckle during lunch!

#114 4 years ago
Quoted from Psw757:

It’s going to end up being Yoda’s kid

Clone of Yoda with be a logical assumption.

#144 4 years ago
Quoted from Atari_Daze:

Enjoyed chapter 3 we did!

It was better than 2nd episode. The last 5 minutes felt awkward with lots of questions being raised.

Is Mando in some trouble for getting them kicked out of town?
Did he break some Mandalorian code going back rescuing baby Yoda after being paid?
Clearly his "brothers" came to his rescue, but at what price?

1 week later
#174 4 years ago
Quoted from Rando:

I know you'll tell me to watch it and I'll change my mind, but don't know that I'll get there anytime soon. Plus I'd have to get another streaming subscription!

I'm a little disappointed, from my point of view it turning into a soft marketing launch for baby Yoda and Mando toys. The first episode had good tone but its rolling downhill fairly fast in regards to anything serious.

#177 4 years ago

They actually had a late launch, one report was they deliberately did not have toys spooled up before hand because a lot of leaks come out of the toy companies. Once baby Yoda was made public they were quick to announce stuff would arrive before Christmas.

#187 4 years ago
Quoted from Deaconblooze:

I'm still watching. It's decent, but definitely feels pretty "safe". I really would love to see a more political SW show, a la GOT.. but I doubt we see that happen. The dialogue really needs to improve in order for something like that to be a success.
Let's not fool ourselves into thinking that the Ewoks were the first "cuteness" introduced in the SW universe - that all started with R2D2.

Watch Kurosawa's Hidden Fortress.

The characters of CP-3O and R2D2 are lifted 100% from that classic film as comedy relief.

#199 4 years ago
Quoted from wesman:

I agree with both of you.
I think the weird brief episodes, with lead in's, that logo intro, and a really long end credits sequence, most of these episodes are 30 minutes long.

I'm starting to think they are trying to duplicate the animated series sucess, but in a live action format.

My thought on episode five was someone spent A LOT of money spooling up Mos Eisley on Tantooine for the series. Nostalgia for the original was clearly being beat like a drum.

#206 4 years ago
Quoted from wesman:

You didn't appreciate the wacky combo of Ellen Ripley meets Richard Simmons via the masterful comedic stylings of Amy Sedaris?[quoted image]

Yes, that was a rather jarring character.. that wasn't needed at all to move the story along in any shape, manner or form.

The episodes are going to be uneven as they are shot by different directors at times.. but still Disney should be concerned about putting out a quality product after The Last Jedi fiasco. The Star Wars attractions are tanking and the scuttlebutt about the next movie is NOT good at all. Just the trailer alone (space horses on the hull of a ship, are you flipping kidding me?) and several interviews with the actors and director indicates not only has the Titanic come in range of the iceberg but the ships engines have been locked at full throttle.

#209 4 years ago
Quoted from Deaconblooze:

One thing Disney has done for Star Wars is make the universe feel incredibly small. So he ends up on Tatooine, and even Mos Eisley... and in the same booth where Han Solo shot first?

Frankly I was utterly surprised that the ship didn't land at Docking Bay 94.

#211 4 years ago
Quoted from Rando:

So don't know what you're basing your above statement on, but that's my experiences and what I've seen/heard so far. If a fan, the new SW land (in Disney World anyway) is a must do.

Interviews with people who work at the park, people visiting. The numbers are way down from what they were expecting. Disney has close to a billion invested and the projected numbers of visitors isn't there.

These were two videos taken at random, seen others in print. Why would you want to go after the last depressing installment? I was vaguely interested but after TLJ no thanks.

#221 4 years ago
Quoted from Daditude:

It has been proclaimed as the most watched show in the world by numerous outlets. It has also received very high praise from critics on many platforms. Disney proclaims it has already made them large quarterly earnings from subscription sales attributed to the series, and it has had incredible week to week growth.

1) If you believe the media, I have a bridge to sell you. Disney is notorious for gaming the system to the point "someone" was buying blocks and blocks of movie tickets for Captain Marvel to plump sales numbers but theaters were reported as being empty.

See also critics raving over The Last Jedi and giving it ridiculous high scores while audiences panned it. So much so no one showed up for Solo and it crashed and burned and Disney has scaled back Star Wars movie output. No Ryan Johnson trilogy, no Obi-Wan movie, etc. Even the Game of Thrones guys bailed out.

2) Where do these viewing numbers, come from? Oh, the company with a vested interest in launching its new streaming service? The one they are loosing billions on?

Well, I'm sure they are totally legit then, they would have no reason to lie right?

https://cosmicbook.news/disney-confirms-star-wars-galaxys-edge-suffering

https://cosmicbook.news/star-wars-decline

"In its 2018 Annual Financial Report, Disney reported revenue for their Consumer Products division was down 4% from 2018 to 2017, and down almost 16% from 2018 to 2016, which includes Star Wars and Marvel Comics and products.

The numbers are a bit skewed now as Disney has since combined how they report on their Consumer Products division as they have paired it with their Parks division, essentially hiding the losses and making as it appear as if both divisions have seen increases in revenue. What is really happening is that the Parks division numbers have been offsetting the lower numbers from Consumer Products."

https://www.vox.com/2019/4/12/18307539/disney-streaming-launch-cost-billions-netflix-strategy-change

"Disney’s three streaming operations will run a loss of $3.9 billion in the company’s 2019 fiscal year, estimates analyst Michael Nathanson. That number will jump to $4.9 billion the next year, with Disney+ accounting for $2.5 billion of that loss; Bernstein analyst Todd Juenger says those numbers will get worse if Disney decides to expand Hulu outside the US, since it will have to spend even more on content. Disney says it will start making money on its streaming businesses by 2024."

#226 4 years ago
Quoted from Daditude:

A critic here or one guy making a guesstimate there doesn't meant diddly.

The information was pulled from Disney's own end of year report. Disney has been upfront about their streaming costs too.

The current pricing for the service is unsustainable, a loss leader to get people in.

#270 4 years ago
Quoted from Oaken:

That and her prosthetics just looked...off to me.
I’ve said it before, but in general the show looks beautiful. Set design, costume design, you name it and I am impressed. That woman though.. looked like she just had two tubes of spray painted foam/rubber hanging off the back of her head. Like the masks you get for $20 on clearance the day after Halloween.

1) A LOT of money is being spent on episodes.

2) The female character was channeling a lot of Harley Quin, a deliberate choice I suspect considering the HQ movie coming out.

3) I like Bill Burr time to time, was the wrong guy for that roll. Again, another jarring character who was "out of place"

4) They should have dropped the jail cell scene at the end and left their fate ambiguous. The first episode he cuts a random thug in half with a door but on episode six, people who actively double crossed him are left in a cell? Rubbish.

#272 4 years ago
Quoted from Chitownpinball:

Im not a fan of bill burr and I dont think acting is when you just act like yourself the whole time.

It can work, this wasn't the role for Barr.

Quoted from Chitownpinball:

It felt very video game like when they all split up and fought mando 1 v 1.

It is a weak spot but just plausible. One would have thought they would have gone 2 on 2 after seeing Mando in action against a the droids.

Formidable, particularly so since you crossed him.

#275 4 years ago
Quoted from Psw757:

Disagree with the 2 vs 2 theory.
From the moment they all first met they thought he was small, weak and inferior so in their minds they could all take him in a conflict.
The only one that had the goods on him was the chick, her brother and the dude that gave him the job and none of them spoke up about his capabilities.
I also think keeping them in jail at the end and not killing them has more to do with with the mandolorian code and guild. Kind of an eye for an eye tooth for a tooth thing, they didn’t use deadly force on him nor did he. Simply returned the favor of being locked up.

They saw him in action before double crossing him, 1 on 1 makes sense only before that point.

All of them used deadly force against Mando unless you were watching a different show than I was.

#278 4 years ago
Quoted from Psw757:

Read the Madolorian Code, I think he followed it.

Like he followed bounty hunter guild rules?

#284 4 years ago
Quoted from Daditude:

Ironically, I have heard overwhelmingly positive reviews from friends, family, and the media. The only place I have seen much negativity about it has been here on pinside.

You seemed distressed that people should disagree with your worldview and tastes, welcome to the real world.

I don't like the Beatles, that doesn't mean people who DO like the Beatles are wrong, they just have different tastes than I.

The show has flaws and is uneven, I'm glad that you find it enjoyable. I look at it from a writers point of view and from that point of view it has several flaws. From what I have been reading, it was originally intended to be a movie and got cut up to fit the TV format which would explain why the last few episodes do nothing to move the story arc along, they are fillers till the next act takes off..

Act I has established the Manodlorian character and motivations to some degree, the Mcguffin has been introduced (The Child) and the dilemma.. From there the story arc has effectively stalled and turned into adventure of the week. I suspect things will pick up at some point when Act III starts rolling towards the end of the season.

#312 4 years ago
Quoted from northvibe:

Episode 7 was pretty good. The acting from the shock trooper is still terrible but should make a good build up to the end of the season.

Agreed, last episode was fairly tight. Nice to see the final act in motion.

#321 4 years ago

Spotted this morning, thought I'd share.

38ebe85208f14838 (resized).jpeg38ebe85208f14838 (resized).jpeg
11 months later
#397 3 years ago

Best episode of the season so far.

1 week later
#430 3 years ago
Quoted from JimFNB:

I can’t be the only one here who played Dark Forces on pc back in 1995, can I?
It’s on steam if you want to check it out. It was really fun then and I would imagine still pretty cool.

I still have the cdrom, played the hell out of it.

#448 3 years ago
Quoted from ForceFlow:

I think Rogue One was the only new film that had any sort of coherent story. The others were a mess and just basically made up things on the fly. There were some good visuals and interesting sequences, but those don't really seem to make up for all the other problems.

I thought you could chop half the story out and no one would even notice, there were plot holes you could drive a bus through.

Sad when the Clone Wars cartoon had better writing than the last three tentpole movies.

#455 3 years ago
Quoted from ForceFlow:

There were certainly a lot of problems with it, but far less than the other films. When it first came out, I didn't like it a whole lot, but then when placed against the other films, I liked it a bit more since the others were so bad.
One thing about the new films is that I cringe every time there is a contemporary reference or use of a contemporary word/phrase in a star wars movie. They just sound so jarring and out of place in that universe.
That's not a problem with the Mandalorian--there's hardly any lines, lol

I think R1 is looked on fondly as it was the first Star Wars movie in some time and people were hungry for something. Have not bothered to see it again, there was nothing really memorable aside from the droid character.

Prequels are always problematic, you know how they are going to end already.

The Mandolorian is ok, its a TV show that seems like it is trying to find its footing. Some weak episodes here and there but starting to shine a bit. Too many episodes feel like disconnected filler though.

2 weeks later
#518 3 years ago
Quoted from captainadam_21:

I agree. It was becoming the baby yoda show. Hopefully mando gets back to kicking ass next year

Some discussion if Pascal returns next year. In an interview yesterday? A bigwig stated that they look forward to the character returning next year. They specifically did not mention Pascal. Set rumor has it something bigger than the helmet dust up, if that was even a thing in the first place.

#520 3 years ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

Yep...just saw there's a season 3, but it's starting at Christmas next year. I'll take it! Otherwise, I don't know why I bought the stupid animatronic Child doll.

My wife got one for Christmas.

#523 3 years ago

I laughed when someone said it was played by Hamill, it clearly WAS NOT.

Hamill is rather portly at this stage of his life, as am I.

#524 3 years ago

The stunt double? Guys going to say anything to stay employed. If he's wrong not like anyone is going to remember or impact his career a wit.

"It's unknown what the issue is with Pedro Pascal at this time, but interestingly enough, while announcing the new Boba Fett series and The Mandalorian Season 3, Jon Favreau told Good Morning America that The Mandalorian Season 3 will "back with the main character that we all know and love," and Favreau didn't say Pedro Pascal will be back, which is now leading to speculation that there are still problems with Pascal and that the actor could possibly be replaced."

The reality is.. Anyone can be Mando if the helmet never comes off. Just a guy in a suit. I hope Pedro comes back.. but three people have played Boba Fett.

#527 3 years ago
Quoted from Methos:

That just ruins it for me. It's like cartoon, but if it works for the other 5 billion on the planet, who cares right?

It was a great 3rd act, one of the best in the show so far aside I think from the very first episode.

If Mark was going to make an appearance in the show this is how it was going to go down and well done. Enjoyed it! Time marches on and waits for no man.

#529 3 years ago

I can always count on you flynnibus, my own personal stalker.

Actors are replaced all the time for various reasons, pretending otherwise doesn't change the fact. Disney isn't going to put up with someone having an ego fit on the set with their successful series they desperately need on Disney streaming.

Ask Terrence Howard how that worked out for him.

#533 3 years ago
Quoted from fosaisu:

De-aging might have been the way to go if they could have got to the level seen in The Irishman, which was noticeable but not distracting. Whatever they did here, Luke’s eyes and mouth were both quite creepy. Does make you wonder if they couldn’t just have found a Luke impersonator, doesn’t it? Hamill could still have done the overdub of course.
But that was a minute of screen time, and Luke’s return was a thrill and very well handled otherwise so I won’t obsess about the little details.

Limited by budget I assume, tentpole movie productions get more money to spend. My wife thought his mouth looked odd too, didn't distract me though.

#536 3 years ago
Quoted from flynnibus:

I disagreed with the comment "The reality is.. Anyone can be Mando if the helmet never comes off. Just a guy in a suit"
The fact their face is covered negates some issues - but it doesn't make their performance generic.

Boba Fett was played by 3 guys, Luke Skywalker had a physical stand in for the last episode.

Like I said, I hope Pedro keeps the role (Who would not want the red viper of Dorne?) but ultimately Disney is going to look at it as "any guy can be in the suit will do" which might have had something to do with Boba Fett coming back.

I can almost see the sales pitch in my head at Disney "Oh so the guy in the suit doesn't want to play ball? Well we have another Mandalorian right here!" Which if I was Pedro would take as a shot across the bow.

Hollywood man, just how they roll.

#539 3 years ago
Quoted from Methos:

Partially true, but a character as beloved as Skywalker, it does matter.

Beloved to us, others not so much.

The first movie out of the box should have been Luke Skywalker doing badass Jedi stuff mopping up the Empire or tangling with Thrawn.

Instead we had to wait 8 years and a TV show before the character was given his proper due, I enjoyed every minute of it on screen.

Shameful.

1152181 (resized).jpg1152181 (resized).jpg
#541 3 years ago
Quoted from flynnibus:

Point being... Din/Petro's performance is not just being a body double. He and the show have been praised for their ability to convey so much while even being masked 99% of the time. That's not a mannequin job.

Actually it was reported a good chunk of the season 2 was done by a body double and he was allowed to dub lines in studio when the dust up about the helmet was reported.

Example:

https://www.indiewire.com/2019/12/pedro-pascal-mandalorian-stunt-doubles-1202195863/

Pedro Pascal receives top billing on “The Mandalorian” for playing the title character, but it turns out that’s not actually Pascal underneath the helmet and armor in every episode of the buzzy Disney+ “Star Wars” series. In fact, at least one episode of “The Mandalorian” did not feature Pascal in any capacity. Bryce Dallas Howard tells Vulture that Pascal was absent from the fourth episode, “Sanctuary,” which she directed. Pascal did not act in the episode because he was starring on Broadway in “King Lear.”

So who is the real Mandalorian? The creation of the character was a joint effort among Pascal and doubles Brendan Wayne and Lateef Crowder. Howard worked closely with Wayne when she was helming her episode. Wayne happens to the grandson of legendary Western star John Wayne. “He absolutely just brought everything to that character,” Howard told Vulture about working with Wayne. “We were able to find the moments and figure them out together.”

Even when Pascal is not performing as the Mandalorian on set, he is always voicing the Mandalorian in episodes. Wayne says the two men saw each other “frequently” on set and collaborated to ensure the Mandalorian’s movements would be seamless between the two of them.

#543 3 years ago
Quoted from flynnibus:

The choices to bring in BF would have been made long before the latest Pedro kerfuffle. Plus, they've been playing BF up from his very first scene as a face character... so not sure how that fits the hypothesis?
Book of Boba Fett looks to be a story arc... or mini series.. not the new Mandalorian center of attention.

Point was from Disney management perspective they have a stand by Mandalorian if one becomes difficult. From either a practical point of view or a negotiation hammer.

Boba Fett was not even a factor in season two till maybe the last 2 or 3 episodes? They did the season one ender with him being shot from behind looking at the female assassin but it could have literally been anyone. You only know in hindsight it was Boba.

#545 3 years ago
Quoted from ForceFlow:

This. There were a lot of good stories and characters in the EU that disney decided to throw away to allow what they so-called "creative freedom". Ugh.
That doesn't mean everything in the EU was perfect--there is some clunky stuff with rough edges in the mix.
But the point is that there was plenty of room in the EU for new stories that don't have to be directly connected to the main characters of the OT, as The Mandalorian has proven. Disney didn't need to throw away the EU to make room for the really clunky, unplanned, uneven, and very rough cornerstone films they put out. They would've been better served following or fitting into existing EU stories that already had a roadmap in place, rather than making something up quite literally on the fly. If disney really wanted "creative freedom" they could have just done some other new space opera where there were no established rules or characters to contend with.

I would have settled for events 20 years after ROTJ. The ages of the actors and actress would have not been a huge factor and it would have been an interesting backdrop.

So you defeat the Emperor.. Now what? Years of strife and struggle pulling the Republic back together. Political maneuvering and skullduggery. Perfect time for Thrawn to pop up after gathering the scattered Empire forces out on the outer rim and strike to rebuild the Empire.

Introduce 2nd generation Skywalkers, Mara Jade perhaps? Do some flashbacks of Luke kicking ass.

#550 3 years ago
Quoted from fosaisu:

Maybe Timothy Oliphant could step in as the lead for season three. Then they can cast Walton Goggins as Thrawn, and we'll have Justified in Space. I'd watch that.

The thought of Goggins in blue facepaint made me burst out laughing.

Watch him in "Fatman" with Mel Gibson, highly entertaining.

#563 3 years ago

Merry Christmas every!

1 month later
#566 3 years ago
Quoted from northvibe:

Gina got canned
https://deadline.com/2021/02/mandalorian-gina-carano-lucas-film-responds-to-controversial-statement-1234691898/
She was also in talks "before" to have her own spin off. I didn't find her a strong actor, I think she looked the part perfectly but her acting was sub par. If she gets hired to act again, I think she would be a good fit for a Gears of War movie/show.

They always had it out for her, was just a matter of time.

#572 3 years ago
Quoted from Darscot:

Had it out for her... how much crazy shit does Disney have to put up with?!

Ahem.

This "writer" works for Disney.

2021.01.21-10.53-boundingintocomics-600a05e97cd6a (resized).jpg2021.01.21-10.53-boundingintocomics-600a05e97cd6a (resized).jpg2021.01.21-11.35-boundingintocomics-600a0fa9eb8c4 (resized).jpg2021.01.21-11.35-boundingintocomics-600a0fa9eb8c4 (resized).jpg

#574 3 years ago
Quoted from Trogdor:

Whooaaaa turn down the volume, Karen.. So there were more comparisons to being a Jew in Nazi Germany? I only saw one that was a screenshot- did she even write it? If you say Nazi posts, it implies she had some appreciation for Nazis.

She was pointing out that the Nazis demonized Jews.

The Democrats & media are demonizing GOP supporters.

So she had to go for correctly pointing out that regimes demonize people whom they disagree with.

Michael Beller, of PBS

"Even if Biden wins, we go for all the Republican voters and Homeland Security will take away their children," Beller says in the video. "And then we'll put them into reeducation camps."

#582 3 years ago
Quoted from Oaken:

I mean, if they were talking of replacing the lead because he was making demands in private, what do you think they will do to anyone, at any level, making waves in public?
Disney has a history of being THE “don’t mess with the company’s vision or else” company. You ain’t simpatico in any way shape or form and they will cut bait. You get louder about it and they will bury you.

The twitter mob has been after her for some time, several months ago it was because she refused to post what her preferred sexual pronouns were in her profile. I kid you not.

But Krystina Arielle (Star Wars The High Republic) can spew hate 24/7 on Twitter with no questions asked.

Disney is signalling just fine what they want.

Gina's character I don't give a hoot or holler about but I give the actress props for not bending to the mob at her door.

#595 3 years ago
7f587e19ef11b268 (resized).jpg7f587e19ef11b268 (resized).jpg
#605 3 years ago
Quoted from Trogdor:

Agreed- but she did make it work. I never watched an episode and thought “if only Cara hadn’t shown up that day.” There is minimal dialogue with long scenes of transportation. Pedro Pascal is some genius actor in a helmet? I’ve seen him in Narco, GoT, Mando.. all the same kind of generic Ben del Toro look. And Apollo Creed? Nah, they are all average actors- it is all about baby yoda and CGI. It isn’t Shakespeare.

I found Bill Barr to be far more cringy in the series than anything Gina did. Its TV though so cut some slack in areas.

The series has some solid potential to span the galaxy, I'm disappointed Tatooine has been visited so many flipping times.

For a planet so far from the brightest spots in the galaxy it sure gets a lot of traffic.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider gdonovan.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/mandolorian-by-disney-thoughts-discussions?tu=gdonovan and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.