132135393_3618703148206427_8800067857665574212_n (resized).jpg
1152181 (resized).jpg
FE172DCC-5B46-4E60-B0F2-4EAC2B9DD13B (resized).jpeg
pasted_image (resized).png
Starship-Boca-Chica-120320-Richard-Angle-SN8-pad-build-site-overview-sunset-1-crop-1-c-c-2048x738 (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider fytr.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#336 4 years ago
Quoted from benheck:

Well in the previous episode they had that big flashback with Hairy Guy fixing up the droid. That was the setup, and episode 8 was the payoff.
It's almost as if Mandolarian follows classic story structure and isn't a giant mess like the films!

I agree. It's a totally different vibe than most modern serial series. I'd call it, "enjoyably relaxing". Sure, the plot-lines are simple and you can predict most of what's going to happen if you're so inclined, but it's well executed and a nice change from the more high-intesity stuff that is typical these days. And also agree it's nice to have a happy ending for a change.

Favourite part in Ep 8 was when the two speedbike troopers were killing time trying to hit the can with their blasters, and both miss every time. Nice little play on Stormtrooper shooting prowess, or lack thereof.

11 months later
#409 3 years ago
Quoted from freddy:

Hey stern , how soon can we get one released!
I mean wow a mirrored backglass with mando an Ahsoko would look awesome! Ok we can have the kid on it too .

...about 6 years after the show ends, and it will be based on cartoon series that never existed.

#411 3 years ago
Quoted from freddy:

On the contrair I believe it will before six years

Seriously though, might be a tough project. There is scant dialog to use, most of it coming from the guest stars each week. I guess if they somehow had access to all of it might work. There are only so many times the game can say "This is the way"...

#423 3 years ago
Quoted from Psw757:

This whole season has been incredible, wish the episodes were a little longer maybe 45 minutes in length.

"That's what she said!" and "Always leave them wanting more..."

#444 3 years ago
Quoted from ForceFlow:

I think Rogue One was the only new film that had any sort of coherent story. The others were a mess and just basically made up things on the fly. There were some good visuals and interesting sequences, but those don't really seem to make up for all the other problems.
I've enjoyed the mandalorian so far, but my only minor criticism from this latest episode was that the stormtroopers basically acted like untrained circus clowns. I would have expected them to display a bit more tactical awareness, even if they can't hit the broad side of a barn door. I'm guessing that stormtroopers who survived the fall of the empire probably didn't make it out of that without some skills to show for it.

The Stormtroopers are a running gag in this series, I love it. One shouldn't take their Star Wars too seriously, it's not Star Trek!

#447 3 years ago

Mando's new ship!

Starship-Boca-Chica-120320-Richard-Angle-SN8-pad-build-site-overview-sunset-1-crop-1-c-c-2048x738 (resized).jpgStarship-Boca-Chica-120320-Richard-Angle-SN8-pad-build-site-overview-sunset-1-crop-1-c-c-2048x738 (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider fytr.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/mandolorian-by-disney-thoughts-discussions?tu=fytr and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.