132135393_3618703148206427_8800067857665574212_n (resized).jpg
1152181 (resized).jpg
FE172DCC-5B46-4E60-B0F2-4EAC2B9DD13B (resized).jpeg
pasted_image (resized).png
Starship-Boca-Chica-120320-Richard-Angle-SN8-pad-build-site-overview-sunset-1-crop-1-c-c-2048x738 (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider flowst.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#194 4 years ago

Great episode. This show is light years better than the new trilogy.
Loved all of the nostalgia in this one.

#197 4 years ago
Quoted from Dr-pin:

This just gets worse.
This episode starts with a space battle, that is just terrible executed, it's just trumphed by the level of cgi.
Awful.
Then landing on another desert planet. Where two bounty-hunters or whatever dies over, who cares, but you dont get to know any of them, so again, who cares.
Then we fly of to the next desert(?)planet.
The end.
I really can't understand how anybody at disney can see this as good?
Is this some kind of sick joke, at the expense of the star wars fan boys?
Considering fanthom menace and all the rest, the joke is getting really old.

You make valid points, and I’m sorry you aren’t enjoying the show. I imagine you are not the only fan who feels this way.

Since it is a television show, and not a “blockbuster” movie, my expectations are a bit lower.

Writing and script difficulties aside, hopefully you will be able to at least enjoy the production values. I find it refreshing that they are not shoe horning in Social political agendas.

I trust we are sending a message to the accountants and creative developers at Disney what fans enjoy and that which we do not. Cant wait for Kathleen Kennedy to exit.

1 week later
#261 4 years ago

I am very much enjoying this show. At 49 years old, it really takes me back to growing up on the sci fi wonderment of the 70’s.
The nostalgia items are such a welcome element, especially after that train wreck the Last Jedi.
Sorry some of you guys aren't enjoying it. You have valid criticisms. I just like the escapism and how they are trying to honor our classic trilogy. Also really enjoying how the mandalorian has flaws and yet demonstrates enough skill to solve problems. This compared to the absurd character of Rey who exhausts me.
Hopefully the Disney folks see how this is how Stat Wars should be done, instead of political agenda Kathleen Kennedy wars.

#283 4 years ago
Quoted from Daditude:

Ironically, I have heard overwhelmingly positive reviews from friends, family, and the media. The only place I have seen much negativity about it has been here on pinside.

Well, I’ve been saying good things !

10 months later
#386 3 years ago
Quoted from Slash:

I quite enjoyed the episode. Was obviously a tonne of fan service in there!!!
But I am a little bit biased....
[quoted image][quoted image]
[quoted image][quoted image]

Outstanding Boba Fett costume, pinball machines and fun Star Wars loving children?

You are "doing things right" !

4 weeks later
#459 3 years ago
Quoted from ForceFlow:

I think Rogue One was the only new film that had any sort of coherent story. The others were a mess and just basically made up things on the fly. There were some good visuals and interesting sequences, but those don't really seem to make up for all the other problems.
I've enjoyed the mandalorian so far, but my only minor criticism from this latest episode was that the stormtroopers basically acted like untrained circus clowns. I would have expected them to display a bit more tactical awareness, even if they can't hit the broad side of a barn door. I'm guessing that stormtroopers who survived the fall of the empire probably didn't make it out of that without some skills to show for it.

Couldn't agree with you anymore I certainly want our heroes to win, but can't the stormtroopers present a little challenge? How could the empire have gained any control of the galaxy at all if their troops were all this incompetent?

Love the show, so no worries folks Even jokingly call one of my ferrets "Grogu the Blerg"

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider flowst.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/mandolorian-by-disney-thoughts-discussions?tu=flowst and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.