132135393_3618703148206427_8800067857665574212_n (resized).jpg
1152181 (resized).jpg
FE172DCC-5B46-4E60-B0F2-4EAC2B9DD13B (resized).jpeg
pasted_image (resized).png
Starship-Boca-Chica-120320-Richard-Angle-SN8-pad-build-site-overview-sunset-1-crop-1-c-c-2048x738 (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider adol75.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#43 4 years ago

I am very impressed with The Mandalorian, both in the form and content. Visually it's stunning, Disney put a lot of care (and money) to make the tv show look like a movie, I don't think I've ever seen this level of refinment on a series.

Content wise, I think it's the perfect format to go back to the spirit of Lucas, and put more depth into the characters without being too annoyed with the visual and action requirements in modern movies such as the ones seen in the new movies where there isn't much going on in the end outside of the cool action scenes.

And finally, the choice of a weekly release is definitely the right one, it would have been a total waste to binge watch that show.

Kudos to Disney, there might be hope after so much waste of the license.

#69 4 years ago

Episode 2 was awesome, I was worried since Favreau wasn’t in command and given how a pilot is usually more polished than the rest. I really like where the story is going although we might find out very soon if it’s a Lucasfilms story or a Disney one.

#75 4 years ago
Quoted from fosaisu:

I hope you mean a pre-prequels Lucasfilms story. If it turns out the Mandalorian doesn’t like sand, we’ll know it was a trap.

When Episode VIi was released, Tarantino among many other celebrities was asked in which order he watches Star Wars, he said 4,5, 6.

Im pretty much the same although this weekend my son asked to watch The Phantom Menace, which I only saw once when it was released. I did think a lot about Tarantino during these 2 hours of torture.

#106 4 years ago
Quoted from Dr-pin:

I Think the main reason, why it´s so terrible is that there is Little to none insentive given to care about any of the characters.
If you, re not engaged in the chars, then fight scenes etc gets boring really Quick.
This is btw the major flaw with most of modern Movies and also holds really true to the star wars sequels, accept maybe rogue one, which besides the blind ninja was fairly decent.

Interesting, the only moment where The Mandalorian lost me, was with one of the few attempts at building the character, when we see images of his childhood. It felt thrown there randomly, poorly written, even more poorly played, almost as if the showrunner made it mandatory because flashback is a tv show standard.

#109 4 years ago
Quoted from HookedonPinonics:

Some of the flashbacks I thought we were going to see some copters flying over a jungle....
I re watched the episodes with my daughter last night. She loved them. Which made me like them a little more. Still cant get into the main character but we shall see how it pans out.

How it pans out is what worries me. So far we are in the setup part until the main story comes. And the story seems to go to the bounty hunter turned savior of baby yoda (cousin ? Son ? Great great great grand son), who is gonna fight the Empire and protect the precious baby. He's also gonna get kicked out of the guild and probably become their worse enemy, all of that in a good old, love the world heal the world Disney world.

If that happens, then I probably won't stick to the show, I just don't think that's that the ruthless bounty hunter of the galaxy are meant to be.

#119 4 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

They said there is no Empire anymore.

The New Order then ?

#130 4 years ago
Quoted from LouMatt:

This takes place after Return of the Jedi, where the Empire was defeated and before the New Order is born.

I think the Client is a former officer of the Empire, the storm troopers that are with him, the insignia that looks like an Empire one, all of that points to that.

#141 4 years ago

Episode 3 was awesome, great story, great action, the big story is starting to unfold. There is definitely hope for Star Wars in the Disney era.

#154 4 years ago

Black Cauldron featured many innovations for Disney and cost a fortune. It was a major flop but I still find it very unique, less Disney, more dark.
I wish they would release the original version, before the new appointed Disney studio ceo did the editing himself.

1 week later
#172 4 years ago

I just love the Mandalorian, I don’t care if it has depth or brains or anything deemed compelling by any standard, it’s just awesome to watch as a long time Star Wars fan. It totally reconnects with the original trilogy while having a strong taste of futuristic western like Cowboy Bebop.

#176 4 years ago
Quoted from gdonovan:

I'm a little disappointed, from my point of view it turning into a soft marketing launch for baby Yoda and Mando toys. The first episode had good tone but its rolling downhill fairly fast in regards to anything serious.

That’s the downside I’m worried about, wondering if/when Disney execs started to influence the creativity process. But Disney knows that they can’t stretch the fans enthusiasm too far they learned it with Solo so I have hopes that Baby Yoda will be more than a merch tool / Instagram memes.

1 week later
#248 4 years ago

Episode 6 is adding another brick to making the Mandalorian the best Star Wars release since The Return of the Jedi.

#309 4 years ago

Was this the show’s first cliffhanger ? And death of a returning character ?

Can’t wait for next week !

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider adol75.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/mandolorian-by-disney-thoughts-discussions?tu=adol75 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.