132135393_3618703148206427_8800067857665574212_n (resized).jpg
1152181 (resized).jpg
FE172DCC-5B46-4E60-B0F2-4EAC2B9DD13B (resized).jpeg
pasted_image (resized).png
Starship-Boca-Chica-120320-Richard-Angle-SN8-pad-build-site-overview-sunset-1-crop-1-c-c-2048x738 (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider John_I.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#161 4 years ago

I noticed a pattern after episode 3. Last night's episode 4 absolutely proves my theory without a doubt: The Mandalorian is a remake of the 70s TV show Kung Fu. Think about it. Mando is Kwai Chang Caine. Instead of being a monk trained from childhood as an orphan he is in a similar situation as a Mandalorian. Caine was on the run after committing a crime. Same with Mando. Caine was chased by bounty hunters through the old west. Mando is chased by bounty hunters in the wilds of the Star Wars universe. Caine encountered new villages and people each week and often saved a town from raiders. Mando encountered a random village and new characters and saved them from raiders. Kung Fu was a show with a common thread but new encounters each week. Mandalorian appears headed in the same direction.

#185 4 years ago

Funny everyone has their own opinions... I like the Mandalorian, but can't stand the Watchmen. I stopped watching that one after three episodes.

Peaky Blinders! Now that's a great show!

1 week later
#266 4 years ago

I liked Bill Burr in there. He had a lot of character. The woman character was awful. Aside from that the episode was enjoyable.

1 week later
#326 4 years ago

All in all, I really liked the show. Unlike the relentless action and multiple epic ongoing threads we are used to in the Star Wars movies, we get to relax a bit and concentrate on one story line. And I still say this show is a remake of the old Kung Fu show from the early 70s.

#331 4 years ago
Quoted from PNBLWZD:

I thought IG8 saving the day on multiple fronts was also a very cool surprise

Yeah it kind of sucks that he self destructed. Hopefully this will pave the way to Mando trusting/partnering with another droid next season. Those droids are cool as hell and make funny characters too.

10 months later
#390 3 years ago

I really like this show. As I mentioned before it is basically Kung Fu in space instead of the old west. That said, the episodes are getting a little redundant with the central theme of characters having something Mando wants and him having to complete a mini quest to get it. I love having each episode being able to stand alone, but it does seem that writers today have lost a little bit in the art of creating unique individual episodes plots.

That said, I repeat that I really like this show. I only subscribe to D+ while it is running. This is also the best Star Wars content aside from the original three movies and Rogue One.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider John_I.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/mandolorian-by-disney-thoughts-discussions?tu=John_I and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.