132135393_3618703148206427_8800067857665574212_n (resized).jpg
1152181 (resized).jpg
FE172DCC-5B46-4E60-B0F2-4EAC2B9DD13B (resized).jpeg
pasted_image (resized).png
Starship-Boca-Chica-120320-Richard-Angle-SN8-pad-build-site-overview-sunset-1-crop-1-c-c-2048x738 (resized).jpg
There are 606 posts in this topic. You are on page 5 of 13.
#201 4 years ago

I was into it the first two episodes...since then, it’s feeling pretty empty.

#202 4 years ago

The acting quality for nearly all characters, besides the Mandolorian, has gone way down hill over the past 2 episodes.

#203 4 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

Acting for nearly all characters besides The Mandolorian has gone way down hill over the past 2 episodes.

You didn't appreciate the wacky combo of Ellen Ripley meets Richard Simmons via the masterful comedic stylings of Amy Sedaris?

RichardSimmonsSept2011 (resized).jpgRichardSimmonsSept2011 (resized).jpg
#204 4 years ago

I got Disney + for the back library for my kids. I'm a casual Star Wars fan where I love the good ones and hate the bad ones, with the rest. However, I'm not one to get into the details. I didn't watch any of the cartoon series. I knew the Mandolorian was to be a Star Wars based series on the new app as a selling factor. For me it wasn't, and I had zero expectation. After I watched the first one, it was like holy shite, this is good. Then I saw John Favreau made it, and it made total sense. This has made my Disney + subscription totally worth it alone.

#205 4 years ago
Quoted from John_I:

Funny everyone has their own opinions... I like the Mandalorian, but can't stand the Watchmen. I stopped watching that one after three episodes.

I like the Mandalorian so far.

I agree on the Watchmen. I saw one episode and it was a complete turn off for me. I get why it may have been important to the story, but it's not something I enjoy to see in my downtime.

#206 4 years ago
Quoted from wesman:

You didn't appreciate the wacky combo of Ellen Ripley meets Richard Simmons via the masterful comedic stylings of Amy Sedaris?[quoted image]

Yes, that was a rather jarring character.. that wasn't needed at all to move the story along in any shape, manner or form.

The episodes are going to be uneven as they are shot by different directors at times.. but still Disney should be concerned about putting out a quality product after The Last Jedi fiasco. The Star Wars attractions are tanking and the scuttlebutt about the next movie is NOT good at all. Just the trailer alone (space horses on the hull of a ship, are you flipping kidding me?) and several interviews with the actors and director indicates not only has the Titanic come in range of the iceberg but the ships engines have been locked at full throttle.

#207 4 years ago

One thing Disney has done for Star Wars is make the universe feel incredibly small. So he ends up on Tatooine, and even Mos Eisley... and in the same booth where Han Solo shot first?

#208 4 years ago
Quoted from Dr-pin:

This just gets worse.
This episode starts with a space battle, that is just terrible executed, it's just trumphed by the level of cgi.
Awful.
Then landing on another desert planet. Where two bounty-hunters or whatever dies over, who cares, but you dont get to know any of them, so again, who cares.
Then we fly of to the next desert(?)planet.
The end.
I really can't understand how anybody at disney can see this as good?
Is this some kind of sick joke, at the expense of the star wars fan boys?
Considering fanthom menace and all the rest, the joke is getting really old.

Sorry you aren't digging it, why are you watching?

Some specs that I can share:
- I'm 50, saw the originals in theater, big SW fan of the original movies, not the expanded universe, and didn't watch the Clone wars cartoons, loving this show
- Wife is a more casual fan, loving this show, baby Yoda especially and wants one
- After watching a few episodes, started over with my 8 & 11 girls, very light SW fans, enjoying the show
- Had my folks over, started over again with my 70+ year old dad, he loved it and will be adding Disney+ free from Verizon, mom didn't care and doesn't watch anything SW related
- Couple people I've talked to at work about the show really like it.

Aside from folks on this forum and my mother, everyone that I've talked to or watch the show with has really enjoyed. So I'm not watching to pick it apart, but I have seen all but the latest episodes multiple times. It's fun. It's not perfect, but SW never was.

#209 4 years ago
Quoted from Deaconblooze:

One thing Disney has done for Star Wars is make the universe feel incredibly small. So he ends up on Tatooine, and even Mos Eisley... and in the same booth where Han Solo shot first?

Frankly I was utterly surprised that the ship didn't land at Docking Bay 94.

#210 4 years ago
Quoted from gdonovan:

The Star Wars attractions are tanking

I live close to Disney and have season passes to both Disney World and Universal Studios, so I can speak to this a little bit. I've heard that attendance is lower than expected and they aren't having to restrict access to the new Galaxies Edge land as they originally thought. Having said that and visited multiple times (before, during, and since opening of this area):

- Overall feeling of Galaxies Edge - The place is awesome, crowds are heavy but not unbearable (place is BIG), detail is really well done, and can interact with area through their phone app, roving characters (Chewie, Kylo, Stormtroopers) all engage with guests, some really good photo ops available, especially at night if you have a light-saber.
Smugglers Run (Falcon ride) - Really fun, not best ride ever, but one of their top ones. Enjoyment of the ride I think depends on whether you or someone in your party is able to be a Pilot (2 pilots, 2 gunners, 2 engineers), but you can wait an extra minute to be the pilot, unless you take the single rider line, so don't do that if you want the opportunity to fully enjoy the ride. But you do feel like you are in and flying the Falcon.
Droid building experience - The droid is neat but expensive, the experience to build the droid is crowded and hectic and can be confusing to some, but the end project is nice.
Saber building experience - The saber you build is really nice (I can't compare to other reproductions, I've never had another) and the ceremony to build the saber is great. Really expensive but felt worth it.
New Rise of the Resistance ride - Haven't ridden yet, going next Monday, but everyone that has ridden says it is the best ride ever and mind blowing immersive. They've implemented a special virtual queue to enable people to reserve a spot and come back when they can get on, and may be restricting use to once per day to enable more people to try it out. Everything seems like they knocked it out of the park here.

So don't know what you're basing your above statement on, but that's my experiences and what I've seen/heard so far. If a fan, the new SW land (in Disney World anyway) is a must do.

#211 4 years ago
Quoted from Rando:

So don't know what you're basing your above statement on, but that's my experiences and what I've seen/heard so far. If a fan, the new SW land (in Disney World anyway) is a must do.

Interviews with people who work at the park, people visiting. The numbers are way down from what they were expecting. Disney has close to a billion invested and the projected numbers of visitors isn't there.

These were two videos taken at random, seen others in print. Why would you want to go after the last depressing installment? I was vaguely interested but after TLJ no thanks.

#212 4 years ago
Quoted from gdonovan:

Why would you want to go after the last depressing installment? I was vaguely interested but after TLJ no thanks.

Guess I'm crazy, I enjoyed the last Jedi. Was better I thought than Force Awakens which was ok but really just a weird rehash of New Hope. Both exceeded the prequels IMO. /Shrug. Looking forward to the next movie to wrap things up.

Galaxies Edge feels like a blending of old and new SW, with stuff for both types of fans to enjoy, IMO. I forgot to mention the Cantina above, it's ok, fun but way too crowded and line outside to get in is looooong, you need to make reservations and still have to wait some to get in, and can only stay about 45 minutes before they look to boot you.

And FYI that when the park shuts down at night and they cutoff the line, the Falcon ride stays open until everybody in line gets to ride, which is close to an hour past closing. Park has been opening a couple hours early each day for people waiting in the dark to get on the new Resistance ride. That report on a drop in attendance is bizarre, the overall parks feel busier than I've ever seen during what used to be less attended times of year. There is very little "downtime" where you see less crowds and shorter lines. So the "Failure" appears to be very popular, but manageable.

Again, I can't speak to California, the above is my Florida experience. And not looking to defend Disney/SW, just sharing what I see live and read on the Disney passholder forums.

#213 4 years ago

Was just down at Disney World for 2 weeks and I can tell you Star Wars Land was slammed. 3+ hour wait for Smugglers Run and on the 5th rise of the resistance opened, 18 minute ride and at one point wait times were 4 hours and virtual cues are being used. Even Oga’s Cantina had a several hour wait(luckily we had reservation with minimal wait).

In fairness, Star Wars at Disney Land has been reportedly not meeting their projections even over the holiday but the Florida location is seemingly doing well.

Maybe it was a bit ambitious to have this at both Parks? Seems odd to have the one performing well and the other under performing. I’ve never looked at how many people visit Disney World vs Disney Land locations monthly but perhaps that plays into it a bit.

#214 4 years ago

I really miss the hairy "I have spoken" alien dude on Mandalorian. He was one of those instantly likeable characters. Was sad when he declined Mandy's offer to join crew.

#215 4 years ago
Quoted from benheck:

I really miss the hairy "I have spoken" alien dude

I'll second that, I mean 3 or 4 I have spoken in multiple episodes he should be a recurring character. I mean it was nick nolte for crying out loud.

#216 4 years ago

Started strong and a solid B after eps 4-5 were average at best. Hope this baby Yoda thing gets a solid conclusion.
I knew he looked familiar..
A6357750-196E-439A-865C-E59BE2757EF1 (resized).jpegA6357750-196E-439A-865C-E59BE2757EF1 (resized).jpeg

#217 4 years ago

The human baby sounds seem very unnecessary

#218 4 years ago

Long time Star Wars fan here. I liked Mando at first, but now it seems like a single space dad show. I was hoping for more of a badass bobafet character, which this seemed to start off as the get soft. I’m enjoying catching up again on the rebels and clone wars cartoons more lol

#219 4 years ago
Quoted from Dr-pin:

This just gets worse.
This episode starts with a space battle, that is just terrible executed, it's just trumphed by the level of cgi.
Awful.
Then landing on another desert planet. Where two bounty-hunters or whatever dies over, who cares, but you dont get to know any of them, so again, who cares.
Then we fly of to the next desert(?)planet.
The end.
I really can't understand how anybody at disney can see this as good?
Is this some kind of sick joke, at the expense of the star wars fan boys?
Considering fanthom menace and all the rest, the joke is getting really old.

Sorry you don't enjoy it. You do seem to be in the VAST minority, however.

It has been proclaimed as the most watched show in the world by numerous outlets. It has also received very high praise from critics on many platforms. Disney proclaims it has already made them large quarterly earnings from subscription sales attributed to the series, and it has had incredible week to week growth.

#220 4 years ago
Quoted from Rando:

It's fun. It's not perfect, but SW never was.

4,5,6 were perfect and sorry you don't feel that way. I am also 50 .

#221 4 years ago
Quoted from Daditude:

It has been proclaimed as the most watched show in the world by numerous outlets. It has also received very high praise from critics on many platforms. Disney proclaims it has already made them large quarterly earnings from subscription sales attributed to the series, and it has had incredible week to week growth.

1) If you believe the media, I have a bridge to sell you. Disney is notorious for gaming the system to the point "someone" was buying blocks and blocks of movie tickets for Captain Marvel to plump sales numbers but theaters were reported as being empty.

See also critics raving over The Last Jedi and giving it ridiculous high scores while audiences panned it. So much so no one showed up for Solo and it crashed and burned and Disney has scaled back Star Wars movie output. No Ryan Johnson trilogy, no Obi-Wan movie, etc. Even the Game of Thrones guys bailed out.

2) Where do these viewing numbers, come from? Oh, the company with a vested interest in launching its new streaming service? The one they are loosing billions on?

Well, I'm sure they are totally legit then, they would have no reason to lie right?

https://cosmicbook.news/disney-confirms-star-wars-galaxys-edge-suffering

https://cosmicbook.news/star-wars-decline

"In its 2018 Annual Financial Report, Disney reported revenue for their Consumer Products division was down 4% from 2018 to 2017, and down almost 16% from 2018 to 2016, which includes Star Wars and Marvel Comics and products.

The numbers are a bit skewed now as Disney has since combined how they report on their Consumer Products division as they have paired it with their Parks division, essentially hiding the losses and making as it appear as if both divisions have seen increases in revenue. What is really happening is that the Parks division numbers have been offsetting the lower numbers from Consumer Products."

https://www.vox.com/2019/4/12/18307539/disney-streaming-launch-cost-billions-netflix-strategy-change

"Disney’s three streaming operations will run a loss of $3.9 billion in the company’s 2019 fiscal year, estimates analyst Michael Nathanson. That number will jump to $4.9 billion the next year, with Disney+ accounting for $2.5 billion of that loss; Bernstein analyst Todd Juenger says those numbers will get worse if Disney decides to expand Hulu outside the US, since it will have to spend even more on content. Disney says it will start making money on its streaming businesses by 2024."

#222 4 years ago

*****spoilers*******

So the boots at the end of episode 6. My developers think it is bobafett, as the jingle sound was used back in the movies when he would go on screen. Thoughts?

#223 4 years ago
Quoted from northvibe:

*****spoilers*******
So the boots at the end of episode 6. My developers think it is bobafett, as the jingle sound was used back in the movies when he would go on screen. Thoughts?

Hmmm...I suppose he could have survived falling in the sarlacc pit.

I’m going to bet against it though. I’m going to guess it’s Greef Carga(Carl Westhers).

#224 4 years ago
Quoted from northvibe:

*****spoilers*******

I didn't think that when I saw it, but that's what I'm hearing as well and it makes sense, as he could have been going after the same bounty, or the bounty on Mando.

Not sure how I feel about it, as in my head (movies only), Boba is dead. But he's also someone that posed as a Mandolorian but wasn't. Could be an interesting twist!

Side note, wish I still had Boba's spaceship that I had when I was a kid!

#225 4 years ago
Quoted from gdonovan:

1) If you believe the media, I have a bridge to sell you. Disney is notorious for gaming the system to the point "someone" was buying blocks and blocks of movie tickets for Captain Marvel to plump sales numbers but theaters were reported as being empty.
See also critics raving over The Last Jedi and giving it ridiculous high scores while audiences panned it. So much so no one showed up for Solo and it crashed and burned and Disney has scaled back Star Wars movie output. No Ryan Johnson trilogy, no Obi-Wan movie, etc. Even the Game of Thrones guys bailed out.
2) Where do these viewing numbers, come from? Oh, the company with a vested interest in launching its new streaming service? The one they are loosing billions on?
Well, I'm sure they are totally legit then, they would have no reason to lie right?
https://cosmicbook.news/disney-confirms-star-wars-galaxys-edge-suffering
https://cosmicbook.news/star-wars-decline
"In its 2018 Annual Financial Report, Disney reported revenue for their Consumer Products division was down 4% from 2018 to 2017, and down almost 16% from 2018 to 2016, which includes Star Wars and Marvel Comics and products.
The numbers are a bit skewed now as Disney has since combined how they report on their Consumer Products division as they have paired it with their Parks division, essentially hiding the losses and making as it appear as if both divisions have seen increases in revenue. What is really happening is that the Parks division numbers have been offsetting the lower numbers from Consumer Products."
https://www.vox.com/2019/4/12/18307539/disney-streaming-launch-cost-billions-netflix-strategy-change
"Disney’s three streaming operations will run a loss of $3.9 billion in the company’s 2019 fiscal year, estimates analyst Michael Nathanson. That number will jump to $4.9 billion the next year, with Disney+ accounting for $2.5 billion of that loss; Bernstein analyst Todd Juenger says those numbers will get worse if Disney decides to expand Hulu outside the US, since it will have to spend even more on content. Disney says it will start making money on its streaming businesses by 2024."

Interesting that you make fun of the media and then immediately quote them. Specifically questionable sources.

Read deeper. A critic here or one guy making a guesstimate there doesn't meant diddly. Most of the chatter is in reference to their over-priced parks.

I don't need to rely on someones opinion. Mandalorian is all over the internet, tv, and radio. I am very socially active and I work very directly with the public... I hear it talked about all the time. It is the most buzzed about piece of entertainment right now, and it's not even close.

Don't worry about Disney. They are still killing it (assets are increasing every year, and they are worth close to 200 Billion)

Screenshot_20191211-085948 (resized).pngScreenshot_20191211-085948 (resized).png
#226 4 years ago
Quoted from Daditude:

A critic here or one guy making a guesstimate there doesn't meant diddly.

The information was pulled from Disney's own end of year report. Disney has been upfront about their streaming costs too.

The current pricing for the service is unsustainable, a loss leader to get people in.

#227 4 years ago
Quoted from Psw757:

I’m going to bet against it though. I’m going to guess it’s Greef Carga(Carl Westhers).

Quoted from Rando:

I didn't think that when I saw it, but that's what I'm hearing as well and it makes sense, as he could have been going after the same bounty, or the bounty on Mando.
Not sure how I feel about it, as in my head (movies only), Boba is dead. But he's also someone that posed as a Mandolorian but wasn't. Could be an interesting twist!
Side note, wish I still had Boba's spaceship that I had when I was a kid!

Interesting!! It makes waiting for this Friday even more difficult!

#228 4 years ago
Quoted from northvibe:

*****spoilers*******

Bounty hunter Cad Bane maybe?

#229 4 years ago
Quoted from Psw757:

Bobba Fett did survive the Sarlaac Pitt. It was in a group of stories book. Of course we dont go by that cannon line anymore. So who knows now?.

#230 4 years ago
Quoted from hailrazer:

Bobba Fett did survive the Sarlaac Pitt. It was in a group of stories book. Of course we dont go by that cannon line anymore. So who knows now?.

I haven’t read that but there is just so much stuff in the Star Wars universe.

Maybe we find out tomorrow?

#231 4 years ago

Baby Yoda was discussed on my local Rock station here in the Philly area, really crazy.

Apparently the Disney Plush is not available until feb/march and huge amount of back orders. Also mention a 5” plush on Etsy for $300 that is so back ordered the estimated delivery is summer.

Some crazy shit for a plush toy!

#232 4 years ago
Quoted from Psw757:

Baby Yoda was discussed on my local Rock station here in the Philly area, really crazy.
Apparently the Disney Plush is not available until feb/march and huge amount of back orders. Also mention a 5” plush on Etsy for $300 that is so back ordered the estimated delivery is summer.

That's it! I'm making baby yoda plushes!

#233 4 years ago
Quoted from Psw757:

And two months after release, it'll be widely available, and at msrp.

Disney is the master at making money on empty junk.

I'm guessing the second season won't be available till next year this time?

#234 4 years ago
Quoted from wesman:

Disney is the master at making money on empty junk.

And so was LucasFilm when they were still free-standing! Which makes it is truly stunning that they didn't have Baby Yoda ready for Xmas. They cost themselves tens of millions for sure (how many will actually pre-order, and how many of those pre-orders will cancel before these things ship in the spring vs. the potential immediate sales to go under the tree this year?). I guess even the greats miss an uncontested layup once in a great while, but still ...

#235 4 years ago
Quoted from fosaisu:

And so was LucasFilm when they were still free-standing! Which makes it is truly stunning that they didn't have Baby Yoda ready for Xmas. They cost themselves tens of millions for sure (how many will actually pre-order, and how many of those pre-orders will cancel before these things ship in the spring vs. the potential immediate sales to go under the tree this year?). I guess even the greats miss an uncontested layup once in a great while, but still ...

A giant combination of wanting to keep things/baby yoda a secret combined with not knowing just how popular it would be I assume. I mean, it seems pretty obvious really.

Not exactly unprecedented. The first Star Wars movie was out for 7 months before Christmas of 1977 and all I got under the tree was a damn certificate promising future toys. Of course toy marketing for movies is a vastly different industry nowadays, but it's still baffling that they still had nothing ready to go 7 months after the movie was released.

#236 4 years ago

I went back and rewatched Chapter 5 yesterday, I am hoping it's not Boba Fett at the end. Let the original trilogy die already!!

#237 4 years ago

I’m really thinking they didn’t do mandalorian toys or baby yoda early, is to keep leaks from happening. Any marketing person would of known a cute baby yoda would be a hot item.

#238 4 years ago

I actually just bit the bullet and signed up for D+. I've been watching this show on one of my bootleg apps, but finally gave in, because it just makes sense if you have a kid/kids. I'm not a SW's "Fanboy", so I can't tear apart any inaccuracies etc, but I really like the show. I actually rewatched The Empire Strikes Back yesterday after rewatching the last Mando episode. I only like the original movies, skipped basically everything after, but did watch the last movie because it brought back a few original actors. I wasn't a fan of it, but it was ok. After watching the trailers for the new movie, I'll probably skip that.
Since this show premiered, all I've see in my 3D printer groups are baby Yoda's, somehow I haven't printed one yet lol.

#239 4 years ago
Quoted from Beatnik-Filmstar:

but it's still baffling that they still had nothing ready to go 7 months after the movie was released.

Merchandising was a pretty new concept back then. That's why when Fox funded the movie, they weren't interested in merchandising and instead went for the distribution rights of the movie.

Today, merchandising is a huge piece of the pie.

#240 4 years ago

I'm not the hugest Disney fan, and I did feel really burned (dare I say even "angry" about a totally fictional story) after TLJ. I just didn't care - and the Mandalorian (and Rogue One, which I still feel is the best recent SW movie) really got me interested again. That said, there are some pretty insane tinfoil hat conspiracies being thrown around here. Disney is *the biggest media company ever*. They are not going down the tubes.

#241 4 years ago
Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

I'm not the hugest Disney fan, and I did feel really burned

I agree--I think Disney really botched things. I really expected more from them.

Dropping all the expanded universe material like it didn't matter, and then with Kathleen Kennedy recently saying "we have no source material" is kind of a slap in the face. I have bookshelves full of 40 years worth of star wars books. That is a heck of a lot of source material right there. Not to mention all the decades of comic books and video games out there. There is an incredible abundance of source material. Even if you can't use the original trilogy characters, there are plenty of side stories and pre/post trilogy adventures to explore and expand upon, as well as fascinating characters.

Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

and Rogue One, which I still feel is the best recent SW movie

I agree--I've re-watched it a few times and liked it for the most part, but do have some issues with it. Some of the contemporary moments/dialog that get shoehorned in kind of remove me from the moment.

The others (TFA, TLJ, and Solo) I haven't had a huge desire to see more than twice.

I think with a solid team of fans without much corporate involvement would have resulted in something much better. Some of the fan fiction films out there that I've seen are incredibly creative and often times left me wanting more.

With Disney's treatment of the films, I haven't really been left wanting more. I don't have high hopes for the latest film.

At least with the Mandalorian, it returns to exploring an interesting area of Star Wars lore. Which is what Disney should've done in the first place.

#242 4 years ago
Quoted from ForceFlow:

I agree--I think Disney really botched things. I really expected more.
Dropping all the expanded universe material like it didn't matter, and then with Kathleen Kennedy recently saying "we have no source material" is kind of a slap in the face. I have bookshelves full of 40 years worth of star wars books. That is a heck of a lot of source material right there. Not to mention all the decades of comic books and video games out there. There is an incredible abundance of source material. Even if you can't use the original trilogy characters, there are plenty of side stories and pre/post trilogy adventures to explore and expand upon, as well as fascinating characters.

I agree--I've re-watched it a few times and liked it for the most part, but do have some issues with it. Some of the contemporary moments/dialog that get shoehorned in kind of remove me from the moment.
The others (TFA, TLJ, and Solo) I haven't had a huge desire to see more than twice.
I think with a solid team of fans without much corporate involvement would have resulted in something much better. Some of the fan fiction films out there that I've seen are incredibly creative and often times left me wanting more.
With Disney's treatment of the films, I haven't really been left wanting more. I don't have high hopes for the latest film.
At least with the Mandalorian, it returns to exploring an interesting area of Star Wars lore. Which is what Disney should've done in the first place.

Fully agreed on all counts. I think they made a massive miscalculation in throwing away all the extended universe stuff. Somehow they underestimated the investment fans have made in all the material.

That said, I do sort of understand - it would have taken years to untangle that ball of yarn, and I'm sure in order to get big name directors onboard, they had to let them tell whatever stories they wanted to tell. That misfired too -spectacularly so with TLJ, and Solo.

With Rogue One, yeah it wasn't perfect, but the 'feel' of the movie, and the out-of-the-way story they told really felt like "STAR WARS!" for the first time to me. It's the only one, INCLUDING TFA (which I quite liked) that I will actually stop to watch if I see it's on.

The Mandalorian has done a lot in that respect as well. The prequels never felt really like Star wars; they were too clean, certainly too CGI for it to feel like a "used future," as George Lucas originally envisioned with EP IV. They didn't feel used, and they hardly felt like the future. Mandalorian nailed that aesthetic, especially when they went back to Tatooine. Add that to an intriguing story (also majorly bombed by the prequels, Solo and TLJ) and you've got a good show. Jon Favreau saves another franchise. Seriously, they need to give him a damn medal.

#243 4 years ago
Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

That said, there are some pretty insane tinfoil hat conspiracies being thrown around here. Disney is *the biggest media company ever*. They are not going down the tubes.

It’s pure wishful thinking - Disney f’d up something I love, therefore they must be imploding (even if the numbers don’t bear it out). Now if the new SW does as poorly as Solo, that would be something to talk about. But if it does “poorly” like Last Jedi (clears less than Force Awakens but still one of the top grossing movies of all time) then Disney will have made many hundreds of millions, regardless of what the die-hard fans think of it.

For my part I hope it’s fun to watch!

#244 4 years ago
Quoted from fosaisu:

It’s pure wishful thinking - Disney f’d up something I love, therefore they must be imploding (even if the numbers don’t bear it out). Now if the new SW does as poorly as Solo, that would be something to talk about. But if it does “poorly” like Last Jedi (clears less than Force Awakens but still one of the top grossing movies of all time) then Disney will have made many hundreds of millions, regardless of what the die-hard fans think of it.
For my part I hope it’s fun to watch!

I get that, but it takes about 2 seconds to find actual numbers. WTF is up with the Captain Marvel hate though!? That movie was fine. What is up with all the rumormongering that "Disney bought up all the DVDs" or whatever. Why would a company do that!? LOL.

When a movie in a huge franchise like Star Wars is reviewed poorly (by the audience), usually it's the following movie that suffers the effects, and shows the general feeling about the previous movie. There's almost no way the next SW movie won't be a blockbuster, and JJ Abrams has proven to be a competent storyteller at minimum, and this generation's Spielburg at best. he's certainly not a bomb-wielding psycho like Rian Johnson.

I'm really not in favor of Disney owning basically EVERYTHING out there, I think it's way too much to have one company doing so much. But they've integrated Pixar's creative practices into ALL their storytelling, which has shown remarkable change already. I'm sort of hopeful things will turn around. Movies are F-ING hard to make. It's a miracle when they get made at all, and making a good one is almost impossible.

#245 4 years ago
Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

I get that, but it takes about 2 seconds to find actual numbers. WTF is up with the Captain Marvel hate though!? That movie was fine. What is up with all the rumormongering that "Disney bought up all the DVDs" or whatever. Why would a company do that!? LOL.

You’re missing the big picture, man ...

4EBAB48A-6223-4C2E-ACAD-D19F038E7F87.gif4EBAB48A-6223-4C2E-ACAD-D19F038E7F87.gif
#246 4 years ago

I enjoyed episode 6 and nice to have the longer 43 minute episode.

#247 4 years ago
Quoted from fosaisu:

You’re missing the big picture, man ...[quoted image]

LOL

#248 4 years ago

Episode 6 is adding another brick to making the Mandalorian the best Star Wars release since The Return of the Jedi.

#249 4 years ago

6 worked for me. 4 and 5 had some sketchy performances ... and were pretty dull to me.

Back on track!

#250 4 years ago

I haven’t seen 6 yet - it was good? I just read this blistering review “this show is about nothing, no character development, he just shoots things...” but it seemed sort of forced (no pun intended!)

There are 606 posts in this topic. You are on page 5 of 13.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/mandolorian-by-disney-thoughts-discussions/page/5?hl=okayestpinballer and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.