132135393_3618703148206427_8800067857665574212_n (resized).jpg
1152181 (resized).jpg
FE172DCC-5B46-4E60-B0F2-4EAC2B9DD13B (resized).jpeg
pasted_image (resized).png
Starship-Boca-Chica-120320-Richard-Angle-SN8-pad-build-site-overview-sunset-1-crop-1-c-c-2048x738 (resized).jpg
There are 606 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 13.
#101 4 years ago

I´ve seen the first two parts and i thought it was terrible, just terrible.

What is the target audience of this turd?
Star wars sect members and people who wants to fall asleep?

#102 4 years ago

I liked it and I’m not big into Star Wars.I liked it’s western overtones.
I couldn’t help but think of The Gunslinger and what could be with this slower story telling.I still hope they can bring this would to life.

#103 4 years ago
Quoted from Dr-pin:

Star wars fans and people who want more back story to some of the more popular characters or races.

Why is it terrible? I mean, episode 1 imo was terrible but it had some good parts to it...

#104 4 years ago
Quoted from northvibe:

Why is it terrible? ...

I Think the main reason, why it´s so terrible is that there is Little to none insentive given to care about any of the characters.
If you, re not engaged in the chars, then fight scenes etc gets boring really Quick.

This is btw the major flaw with most of modern Movies and also holds really true to the star wars sequels, accept maybe rogue one, which besides the blind ninja was fairly decent.

#105 4 years ago
Quoted from Dr-pin:

It’s basically an old Western, about a stranger that comes to town, hunting a bounty....but in space.

I’m not a Star Wars guy, but I thought it was enjoyable so far.

#106 4 years ago
Quoted from Dr-pin:

I Think the main reason, why it´s so terrible is that there is Little to none insentive given to care about any of the characters.
If you, re not engaged in the chars, then fight scenes etc gets boring really Quick.
This is btw the major flaw with most of modern Movies and also holds really true to the star wars sequels, accept maybe rogue one, which besides the blind ninja was fairly decent.

Interesting, the only moment where The Mandalorian lost me, was with one of the few attempts at building the character, when we see images of his childhood. It felt thrown there randomly, poorly written, even more poorly played, almost as if the showrunner made it mandatory because flashback is a tv show standard.

#107 4 years ago
Quoted from adol75:

Interesting, the only moment where The Mandalorian lost me, was with one of the few attempts at building the character, when we see images of his childhood. It felt thrown there randomly, poorly written, even more poorly played, almost as if the showrunner made it mandatory because flashback is a tv show standard.

Some of the flashbacks I thought we were going to see some copters flying over a jungle....

I re watched the episodes with my daughter last night. She loved them. Which made me like them a little more. Still cant get into the main character but we shall see how it pans out.

#108 4 years ago
Quoted from Stones:

Lucas weighs in.....this cracked me up

"George" also weighed in on how Disney continues to take a dump on his life's work!

"George Lucas" being ever so honest and sooo darn funny weighing in on Rise of Skywalker:

"You don't have daddy to kick around anymore"

Hilarious! =)

#109 4 years ago
Quoted from HookedonPinonics:

Some of the flashbacks I thought we were going to see some copters flying over a jungle....
I re watched the episodes with my daughter last night. She loved them. Which made me like them a little more. Still cant get into the main character but we shall see how it pans out.

How it pans out is what worries me. So far we are in the setup part until the main story comes. And the story seems to go to the bounty hunter turned savior of baby yoda (cousin ? Son ? Great great great grand son), who is gonna fight the Empire and protect the precious baby. He's also gonna get kicked out of the guild and probably become their worse enemy, all of that in a good old, love the world heal the world Disney world.

If that happens, then I probably won't stick to the show, I just don't think that's that the ruthless bounty hunter of the galaxy are meant to be.

#110 4 years ago
Quoted from DRDAVE:

"George" also weighed in on how Disney continues to take a dump on his life's work!
"George Lucas" being ever so honest and sooo darn funny weighing in on Rise of Skywalker:

"You don't have daddy to kick around anymore"
Hilarious! =)

Thanks for the chuckle during lunch!

#111 4 years ago
Quoted from adol75:

And the story seems to go to the bounty hunter turned savior of baby yoda (cousin ? Son ? Great great great grand son), who is gonna fight the Empire and protect the precious baby.

They said there is no Empire anymore.

#112 4 years ago

Two words: Baby Yoda

Screenshot_20191121-004430~2 (resized).pngScreenshot_20191121-004430~2 (resized).png
#113 4 years ago
Quoted from Daditude:

Two words: Baby Yoda[quoted image]

It’s going to end up being Yoda’s kid

#114 4 years ago
Quoted from Psw757:

It’s going to end up being Yoda’s kid

Clone of Yoda with be a logical assumption.

#115 4 years ago
Quoted from gdonovan:

Clone of Yoda with be a logical assumption.

If it was a clone it wouldn’t be a child would it?

Yoda was approximately 800 years old when he died if I’m not mistaken and this child is 50 isn’t it?

I think that was said in episode one so I’m thinking it’s offspring of Yoda. We will find out soon I’m sure.

#117 4 years ago

i'll just wait for season one to go to blue ray, then i can binge watch the entire run.

#118 4 years ago
Screenshot_20191121-104612~2 (resized).pngScreenshot_20191121-104612~2 (resized).png
#119 4 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

They said there is no Empire anymore.

The New Order then ?

#120 4 years ago
Quoted from Psw757:

If it was a clone it wouldn’t be a child would it?
Yoda was approximately 800 years old when he died if I’m not mistaken and this child is 50 isn’t it?
I think that was said in episode one so I’m thinking it’s offspring of Yoda. We will find out soon I’m sure.

From what I learned, the clones (from Episode 2) age at twice the normal pace as a regular person. If that's the case for baby Yoda clone, he would have been cloned 25 years prior to Mandalorian, which would have been several years after the end of Episode 3. All theory and speculation.

#121 4 years ago

I doubt it has any relation to Yoda. Born approx 10 years before Episode One. I really don't think Faverau & Fillioni want to go there & start messing around with a legendary characters backstory. Some things are better left untouched (ex: see Han Solo movie).

The baby can simply be another individual from his race. The connection to Yoda isn't necessary. The mystery centers around their race, where they came from, why they are so force sensitive, why the Empire loyalists are after it, who wants it dead, etc etc etc. Linking to Yoda would tie the writers down I think.

I've heard that Dr.Pershing wears a Kamino logo on his outfit, which would suggest he's a cloner. Empire also has a long history of abducting force sensitive babies & turning them into Inquisitors (see Star Wars Rebels). This could tie into the Empire loyalists in the Unknown regions & the Emperors return in Episode 9? Have to see how it plays out.

#122 4 years ago

I’m a Star Wars fan,
Episodes 4-6 were best, 1-3 were not, 7-8 are ok, didn’t follow any other SW media/cartoons other than a few of the older video games.

First episode was very reminiscent of the old Clint Eastwood “Man with no name” type westerns, slow but enjoyed it.
Second episode was more of a buddy road comedy type thing, really enjoyed it and am looking forward to the rest.

Favorite moment was when he disintegrated his first foe where I paused and geeked out to my wife saying “Remember how Darth Vader said to Boba Fett in Empire that there should be no disintegrations!?!” She was less impressed and was a little lost first episode (Who is this guy? Why isn’t he Boba Fett? Are other characters I know going to be in this?) but once Baby Yoda showed up she was fully invested.

Different but similar. Like.

Will be in Star Wars myself in Disney World this time tomorrow…

#123 4 years ago
Quoted from adol75:

The New Order then ?

This takes place after Return of the Jedi, where the Empire was defeated and before the New Order is born.

#124 4 years ago
Quoted from Rando:

I’m a Star Wars fan,
Episodes 4-6 were best, 1-3 were not, 7-8 are ok, didn’t follow any other SW media/cartoons other than a few of the older video games.
First episode was very reminiscent of the old Clint Eastwood “Man with no name” type westerns, slow but enjoyed it.
Second episode was more of a buddy road comedy type thing, really enjoyed it and am looking forward to the rest.
Favorite moment was when he disintegrated his first foe where I paused and geeked out to my wife saying “Remember how Darth Vader said to Boba Fett in Empire that there should be no disintegrations!?!” She was less impressed and was a little lost first episode (Who is this guy? Why isn’t he Boba Fett? Are other characters I know going to be in this?) but once Baby Yoda showed up she was fully invested.
Different but similar. Like.
Will be in Star Wars myself in Disney World this time tomorrow…

Have you seen "Rogue One?"
It is EXCELLENT

#125 4 years ago
Quoted from Daditude:

Have you seen "Rogue One?"
It is EXCELLENT

I did see it, not sure it was needed, but yes I kinda enjoyed it. By that I mean that I enjoyed watching it, but now that it's over all that really stands out to me is the final scene with Darth Vader, and I don't think I can name a single other character in the film. Maybe because they were all doomed from the start?

Solo was meh.

I like the tone of the Mandolorian.

#126 4 years ago
Quoted from HoakyPoaky:

The baby can simply be another individual from his race. The connection to Yoda isn't necessary. The mystery centers around their race, where they came from, why they are so force sensitive, why the Empire loyalists are after it, who wants it dead, etc etc etc. Linking to Yoda would tie the writers down I think.

From what I recall, Lucas was intentionally keeping Yoda (& Yaddle's) backgrounds and species a mystery.

I'm guessing Disney wants to change that, considering the introduction of this new baby Yoda character.

#127 4 years ago

I got really confused when I heard people at work talking about how baby Yoda was in it and later learned that it took place between episode 6 and 7. Had to watch it and then realized that it was another Yoda

#128 4 years ago

Considering what we know about Yoda, I am going out on a limb and going to say they are introducing this new "Yoda" to use down the road in other movies. Baby Yoda is 50 years old now, jump ahead to The Rise of Skywalker he would be 75 or so and with a life span of 800-900 years lots of time to explore. I am betting they are going to explore new events after The Rise of Skywalker as well as the Old Republic time period. Just my 2 cents.

#129 4 years ago
Quoted from ForceFlow:

From what I recall, Lucas was intentionally keeping Yoda (& Yaddle's) backgrounds and species a mystery.
I'm guessing Disney wants to change that, considering the introduction of this new baby Yoda character.

Disney will always find a way to create more $$$ regardless of a creator's intent. That's about the only thing they seem good at, frankly. And often do so in the face of creating genuine substance of any kind.

5:35 in. This interview always feels haunting to watch. It's like Kennedy is just staring through and past George as he talks as if he's air to her.

Little did he know, she was the real Palpatine in the end....

#130 4 years ago
Quoted from LouMatt:

This takes place after Return of the Jedi, where the Empire was defeated and before the New Order is born.

I think the Client is a former officer of the Empire, the storm troopers that are with him, the insignia that looks like an Empire one, all of that points to that.

#132 4 years ago

"Abrams’ response echoes that of Lucasfilm president Kathleen Kennedy who offered her response to Lucas’ disappointment, saying it must be “difficult letting go and watching” something they created to become something different."

Something different? Ha ha ha ha ha ha ha....

#133 4 years ago

Just watched the 3rd episode.

Total mark-out scene! You'll know it when you see it. Fucking awesome!

#134 4 years ago

I watched the first two episodes and I loved it. Great action scenes and lots of great affects and the interaction between the main characters is awesome.

#135 4 years ago
Quoted from HoakyPoaky:

I doubt it has any relation to Yoda. Born approx 10 years before Episode One. I really don't think Faverau & Fillioni want to go there & start messing around with a legendary characters backstory. Some things are better left untouched (ex: see Han Solo movie).
I've heard that Dr.Pershing wears a Kamino logo on his outfit, which would suggest he's a cloner. Empire also has a long history of abducting force sensitive babies & turning them into Inquisitors (see Star Wars Rebels). This could tie into the Empire loyalists in the Unknown regions & the Emperors return in Episode 9? Have to see how it plays out.

I think the mystery is why does this new baby yoda have the power of the force in it?
You can’t assume all creatures from that race have the force within them and this is clearly why those former Empire people want it and preferably alive.

I’m thinking it has to be tied to Yoda given how much power it has at a juvenile age. Passed down from Master Yoda.

#136 4 years ago

No, he is too old to begin the training.

#137 4 years ago

Third episode was fantastic. There is plenty of character development in this series... especially well done since we are experiencing it through a person wearing a mask.

#138 4 years ago
Quoted from Ricochet:

Third episode was fantastic.

OMG, I was thinking HOW did you see the third episode, I forgot today was Friday.

Can't wait to get home from work, I suddenly feel ill, cough, cough.

#139 4 years ago

Just watched epi. 3. It's my favorite so far.

#140 4 years ago

Really enjoying the series. Episode 3 is the best so far!

#141 4 years ago

Episode 3 was awesome, great story, great action, the big story is starting to unfold. There is definitely hope for Star Wars in the Disney era.

#142 4 years ago

“I gotta get me one of those” ... excellent fun.

#143 4 years ago

Enjoyed chapter 3 we did!

#144 4 years ago
Quoted from Atari_Daze:

Enjoyed chapter 3 we did!

It was better than 2nd episode. The last 5 minutes felt awkward with lots of questions being raised.

Is Mando in some trouble for getting them kicked out of town?
Did he break some Mandalorian code going back rescuing baby Yoda after being paid?
Clearly his "brothers" came to his rescue, but at what price?

#145 4 years ago

I don't like how it became John Wick 3. And why were the new bounties on the baby again and not Mando?

I guess his motivation is he was abandoned as a child too? (man, happens a lot in SW) I dunno.

#146 4 years ago

my biggest grip is that each episode is only 30 mins long.. These should have been an hour or 50 mins at the minimum. Who does 30 min episodes on streaming services now a days? Also, after this is over will probably wind up cancelling D plus since i really find no other use for it. How many times can I watch star wars or pixar movies over and over?

#147 4 years ago
Quoted from tscottn:

my biggest grip is that each episode is only 30 mins long.. These should have been an hour or 50 mins at the minimum. Who does 30 min episodes on streaming services now a days? Also, after this is over will probably wind up cancelling D plus since i really find no other use for it. How many times can I watch star wars or pixar movies over and over?

But they have Black Hole! Back when Disney was a scrappy underdog and trying weird stuff!

#148 4 years ago
Quoted from tscottn:

That’s my only gripe, episodes too short.

#149 4 years ago

Just watched chapter 3 and wow! Can't wait for chapter 4.

There are 606 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 13.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/mandolorian-by-disney-thoughts-discussions/page/3?hl=silen7ce and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.