132135393_3618703148206427_8800067857665574212_n (resized).jpg
1152181 (resized).jpg
FE172DCC-5B46-4E60-B0F2-4EAC2B9DD13B (resized).jpeg
pasted_image (resized).png
Starship-Boca-Chica-120320-Richard-Angle-SN8-pad-build-site-overview-sunset-1-crop-1-c-c-2048x738 (resized).jpg

There are 606 posts in this topic. You are on page 13 of 13.
#601 4 months ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

I know you miss Baby Yoda, I do too. Better be back right quick all forced up

I wouldn't sweat it, Disney would never allow a cash cow like Baby Yoda to ride off into the sunset unexploited. We'll be seeing plenty more of him.

#602 4 months ago

So do we have to wait another year then to get fett or season 3?

#603 4 months ago

Gina was objectively terrible on the show and the worst episode in the series - the bottle episode in the village - was squarely on her shoulders.

I suspect that if she’d been a stronger actor and character they might have given her a pass. But her politics combined with general poor performance plus not being essential makes it an easy choice to show her the door.

They also killed a main character on The Expanse that throws a major monkey wrench into the plot because the actor was a creepy asshole, so if they feel comfortable doing that, you’d better believe you watch what shit you say on Twitter when you’re a bit player.

#604 4 months ago
Quoted from jwilson:

Gina was objectively terrible on the show and the worst episode in the series - the bottle episode in the village - was squarely on her shoulders.
I suspect that if she’d been a stronger actor and character they might have given her a pass. But her politics combined with general poor performance plus not being essential makes it an easy choice to show her the door.
They also killed a main character on The Expanse that throws a major monkey wrench into the plot because the actor was a creepy asshole, so if they feel comfortable doing that, you’d better believe you watch what shit you say on Twitter when you’re a bit player.

Agreed- but she did make it work. I never watched an episode and thought “if only Cara hadn’t shown up that day.” There is minimal dialogue with long scenes of transportation. Pedro Pascal is some genius actor in a helmet? I’ve seen him in Narco, GoT, Mando.. all the same kind of generic Ben del Toro look. And Apollo Creed? Nah, they are all average actors- it is all about baby yoda and CGI. It isn’t Shakespeare.
This was simply bad optics. For these tweets? Disney proved her point. An ESPN anchor called the president racist, several times, and they only “shuffled their talent” several weeks later when ratings tanked because she was genuinely horrible.
Disney will be expected to maintain this standard for this level of a tweet. Hollywood types, sportscasters are generally creative and outgoing people who drink heavily. How will they function with this constant surveillance? Maybe sharing your thoughts with millions of people a day was never a great idea.

#605 4 months ago
Quoted from Trogdor:

Agreed- but she did make it work. I never watched an episode and thought “if only Cara hadn’t shown up that day.” There is minimal dialogue with long scenes of transportation. Pedro Pascal is some genius actor in a helmet? I’ve seen him in Narco, GoT, Mando.. all the same kind of generic Ben del Toro look. And Apollo Creed? Nah, they are all average actors- it is all about baby yoda and CGI. It isn’t Shakespeare.

I found Bill Barr to be far more cringy in the series than anything Gina did. Its TV though so cut some slack in areas.

The series has some solid potential to span the galaxy, I'm disappointed Tatooine has been visited so many flipping times.

For a planet so far from the brightest spots in the galaxy it sure gets a lot of traffic.

#606 4 months ago
Quoted from Trogdor:

This was simply bad optics. For these tweets? Disney proved her point. An ESPN anchor called the president racist, several times, and they only “shuffled their talent” several weeks later when ratings tanked because she was genuinely horrible.
Disney will be expected to maintain this standard for this level of a tweet. Hollywood types, sportscasters are generally creative and outgoing people who drink heavily. How will they function with this constant surveillance? Maybe sharing your thoughts with millions of people a day was never a great idea.

Please don't, I mean please DO...forget him as Max Lord in WW84. That entire thing was heinous, but after enjoying him for what his role was, (sans seeing his face a time or two too often in Mandalorian) I actually ended up disliking him as an actor because of this role.

There are 606 posts in this topic. You are on page 13 of 13.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside