132135393_3618703148206427_8800067857665574212_n (resized).jpg
1152181 (resized).jpg
FE172DCC-5B46-4E60-B0F2-4EAC2B9DD13B (resized).jpeg
pasted_image (resized).png
Starship-Boca-Chica-120320-Richard-Angle-SN8-pad-build-site-overview-sunset-1-crop-1-c-c-2048x738 (resized).jpg
There are 606 posts in this topic. You are on page 12 of 13.
#551 3 years ago
Quoted from fosaisu:

Maybe Timothy Oliphant could step in as the lead for season three. Then they can cast Walton Goggins as Thrawn, and we'll have Justified in Space. I'd watch that.

I highly enjoyed both the leads in Justified, but can't go with you on Thrawn. Not saying I have someone better identified. Just can't see Walter doing it.

#552 3 years ago
Quoted from DudeRegular:

I highly enjoyed both the leads in Justified, but can't go with you on Thrawn. Not saying I have someone better identified. Just can't see Walter doing it.

Oh, agreed. Goggins was fantastic in Justified but that's probably not the energy you're looking for in a Thrawn! Though you have to admit it'd be something to see.

#553 3 years ago
Quoted from fosaisu:

The SW Deep Fake guy did a two-up of the Luke scene. Does anyone prefer Disney's version? Is there some issue licensing the Deep Fake technology, or are they just too cheap to pay Mark Hamill for his likeness rights?

That’s ridiculous! My guess is they don’t want to legitimize Deep Fake tech, and there are surely some licensing/ownership legalities which have yet to be worked out. Kind of stupid though. “DeepFake” is a collection of mostly (all?) open source tech and there’s risk if somebody says “oooh I invented this!” So they don’t know who to pay just yet.

Or DisneyFilm is just dumb, IDK.

#554 3 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

God, get rid of Pedro already and/or stop showing your face. I don;t need to see "Jeremy Renner's uglier brother" whilst trying to watch the fucking Mandalorian!

I agree. Keep the helmet on! Otherwise he's just some goofing looking dude in shiny armor. That's why baby yoga touched Mando's face at the end. He was trying to use his baby yoda powers to make Mando less Goofy looking. He couldn't do it so he left.

#556 3 years ago
Quoted from captainadam_21:

He was trying to use his baby yoda powers to make him less Goofy looking. He couldn't do it so he left.

#558 3 years ago

Why’d they use the George Lucas voice in that Mark Hamill "reaction" video? Very disconcerting.

#559 3 years ago

@MarkHamill

This is the way

#560 3 years ago
132135393_3618703148206427_8800067857665574212_n (resized).jpg132135393_3618703148206427_8800067857665574212_n (resized).jpg
#561 3 years ago
Screenshot_20201215-140643 (resized).pngScreenshot_20201215-140643 (resized).png
#562 3 years ago

Merry Christmas everyone!

2021 this is the way

#563 3 years ago

Merry Christmas every!

#564 3 years ago

Happy life day

85EA7CB3-0E21-486C-8178-DAB0BD3E934E.gif85EA7CB3-0E21-486C-8178-DAB0BD3E934E.gif
1 month later
#565 3 years ago

Gina got canned
https://deadline.com/2021/02/mandalorian-gina-carano-lucas-film-responds-to-controversial-statement-1234691898/

She was also in talks "before" to have her own spin off. I didn't find her a strong actor, I think she looked the part perfectly but her acting was sub par. If she gets hired to act again, I think she would be a good fit for a Gears of War movie/show.

#566 3 years ago
Quoted from northvibe:

Gina got canned
https://deadline.com/2021/02/mandalorian-gina-carano-lucas-film-responds-to-controversial-statement-1234691898/
She was also in talks "before" to have her own spin off. I didn't find her a strong actor, I think she looked the part perfectly but her acting was sub par. If she gets hired to act again, I think she would be a good fit for a Gears of War movie/show.

They always had it out for her, was just a matter of time.

#567 3 years ago
Quoted from gdonovan:

They always had it out for her, was just a matter of time.

Had it out for her... how much crazy shit does Disney have to put up with?! When you just refuse to stop posting Nazi shit on your social media don't be surprised when Disney doesn't feel your the right fit. They gave her an insane amount of white Karen privilege.

#568 3 years ago

Disney Rules:

Rule #1 don’t do anything to damage the bottomline
Rule #2 everyone is replaceable
Rule #3 see rule 1

#569 3 years ago

HTD9gEl (resized).jpgHTD9gEl (resized).jpg

#570 3 years ago
Quoted from Oaken:

Disney Rules:
Rule #1 don’t do anything to damage the bottomline
Rule #2 everyone is replaceable
Rule #3 see rule 1

Also see: every company's rules. They aren't going to take a hit on the bottom line just because they happened to employ a crazy person. If she was a main character, maybe - but that's also because it would cost them money to replace a major character. Her arc is easy to end.

#571 3 years ago
Quoted from Darscot:

Had it out for her... how much crazy shit does Disney have to put up with?! When you just refuse to stop posting Nazi shit on your social media don't be surprised when Disney doesn't feel your the right fit. They gave her an insane amount of white Karen privilege.

Whooaaaa turn down the volume, Karen.. So there were more comparisons to being a Jew in Nazi Germany? I only saw one that was a screenshot- did she even write it? If you say Nazi posts, it implies she had some appreciation for Nazis.

She didn’t agree with masks, LGBxxxx, other liberal issues. So fire her? Those are her opinions. If the Star of the show has a transgender sibling- yeah, your days are numbered.
Apparently- I have to research shows now before I start watching because I care about the actors politics so they can accurately pretend to be somebody else. It’s an effing TV show! What if they had done this to Scott Baio!

I enjoyed her contribution to the Star Wars universe. Except for Lando and old Ben, who has been a great actor in said universe? It is simply more salt in the wound that this gets someone fired, yet Kathleen Kennedy can preside over the complete abomination of the Star Wars universe and still be gainfully employed. Remember when light sabres cut people in half?

#572 3 years ago
Quoted from Darscot:

Had it out for her... how much crazy shit does Disney have to put up with?!

Ahem.

This "writer" works for Disney.

2021.01.21-10.53-boundingintocomics-600a05e97cd6a (resized).jpg2021.01.21-10.53-boundingintocomics-600a05e97cd6a (resized).jpg2021.01.21-11.35-boundingintocomics-600a0fa9eb8c4 (resized).jpg2021.01.21-11.35-boundingintocomics-600a0fa9eb8c4 (resized).jpg

#573 3 years ago
Quoted from Trogdor:

She didn’t agree with masks, LGBxxxx, other liberal issues. So fire her? Those are her opinions.

Do you have any clue about how corporate America works?

#574 3 years ago
Quoted from Trogdor:

Whooaaaa turn down the volume, Karen.. So there were more comparisons to being a Jew in Nazi Germany? I only saw one that was a screenshot- did she even write it? If you say Nazi posts, it implies she had some appreciation for Nazis.

She was pointing out that the Nazis demonized Jews.

The Democrats & media are demonizing GOP supporters.

So she had to go for correctly pointing out that regimes demonize people whom they disagree with.

Michael Beller, of PBS

"Even if Biden wins, we go for all the Republican voters and Homeland Security will take away their children," Beller says in the video. "And then we'll put them into reeducation camps."

#575 3 years ago
ryan-gosling-laughing-oscars-640x480 (resized).jpegryan-gosling-laughing-oscars-640x480 (resized).jpeg
#576 3 years ago

I mean, if they were talking of replacing the lead because he was making demands in private, what do you think they will do to anyone, at any level, making waves in public?

Disney has a history of being THE “don’t mess with the company’s vision or else” company. You ain’t simpatico in any way shape or form and they will cut bait. You get louder about it and they will bury you.

#577 3 years ago
Quoted from gdonovan:

So she had to go for correctly pointing out that regimes demonize people whom they disagree with.
Michael Beller, of PBS
"Even if Biden wins, we go for all the Republican voters and Homeland Security will take away their children," Beller says in the video. "And then we'll put them into reeducation camps."

She actually pointed out that the government got people so pissed at a group of people that even their own neighbors assaulted them and willingly reported them.

#578 3 years ago
Quoted from Darscot:

Bullshit. She was just on the wrong side of the fence. If only she would have praised the CCP thugs like Yifei Liu did, everything would be ok.

#579 3 years ago
Quoted from titanpenguin:

She actually pointed out that the government got people so pissed at a group of people that even their own neighbors assaulted them and willingly reported them.

Yes. And when she went on to say that people being mean to her about her dumbass tweets was indistinguishable from Nazis beating Jews in the streets, Disney decided they didn’t want to be in business with her anymore.

#580 3 years ago
Quoted from gdonovan:

I never cared for her character on the show but have a new found appreciation for her. Cancel culture at it's finest.

#581 3 years ago
Quoted from fosaisu:

Yes. And when she went on to say that people being mean to her about her dumbass tweets was indistinguishable from Nazis beating Jews in the streets, Disney decided they didn’t want to be in business with her anymore.

So fucking what? Shall we start the list of dumb shit actors have said over the years...even Disney actors? Do we really want to talk about Disney's blind eye to Communist China and the concentration camps in Xinjiang, where crimes against humanity occurred only miles from where they filmed? Hell, they ever THANKED the leaders of Xinjiang in the credits.

Hypocrisy at it's finest.

#582 3 years ago
Quoted from Oaken:

I mean, if they were talking of replacing the lead because he was making demands in private, what do you think they will do to anyone, at any level, making waves in public?
Disney has a history of being THE “don’t mess with the company’s vision or else” company. You ain’t simpatico in any way shape or form and they will cut bait. You get louder about it and they will bury you.

The twitter mob has been after her for some time, several months ago it was because she refused to post what her preferred sexual pronouns were in her profile. I kid you not.

But Krystina Arielle (Star Wars The High Republic) can spew hate 24/7 on Twitter with no questions asked.

Disney is signalling just fine what they want.

Gina's character I don't give a hoot or holler about but I give the actress props for not bending to the mob at her door.

#583 3 years ago
Quoted from gdonovan:

Ahem.
This "writer" works for Disney.
[quoted image][quoted image]

Nobody cares about her though.

You guys are getting your panties in a bunch because GC posted a bunch of offensive things, and she's one of the main faces of this huge - even more huge than Disney expected - franchise. They aren't going to take risks. And I bet she's been talked about this by Disney brass. If you work for a company, and you do something that makes the company look bad, you GET FIRED. That's all this is. Calling it "cancel culture" is just some boo-hoo oversensitivity.

Too bad though - I really liked her on the show.

#584 3 years ago
Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

Nobody cares about her though.
You guys are getting your panties in a bunch because GC posted a bunch of offensive things, and she's one of the main faces of this huge - even more huge than Disney expected - franchise. They aren't going to take risks. And I bet she's been talked about this by Disney brass. If you work for a company, and you do something that makes the company look bad, you GET FIRED. That's all this is. Calling it "cancel culture" is just some boo-hoo oversensitivity.

“posted a bunch of offensive things”- offensive to whom? It is fine for one group of people to be offended by her statements, and yet “oversensitive” for others to be offended she is being fired for her views? I don’t think you even have a grasp of what panties you have on, bunched or otherwise.

Disney takes risks all the time. Are there elected officials running Disney? And yet now, corporate America and the rest of employers can look at this example and say- “Hmm, Bob over in accounting compared Disney to a bunch of Nazis for firing that racist. Oh, she wasn’t racist? people just confuse conservative with racist? There are black conservatives? Huh, that’s weird. Anyway, we better let Bob go. People were uncomfortable around the water cooler.” This is ludicrous.

There was a series of movies about this. Not sure of the title. It was about this farm boy-(can I say “boy” anymore? it feels dirty on so many levels- I’m Fired!) on some strange planet with a couple suns, kisses his sister, fights an evil empire he doesn’t agree with... man what was that called?? Anyway, I guess Disney wouldn’t want any part of that movie chain? Am I right? Free thinkers, rebels, ladies man- no sir. Too much like 1983- they want 1984!! Empires, monopolies are good, we will decide elections and blame it on the Russians!!

#585 3 years ago

Well the acting on this show just went up 400%.

#586 3 years ago

Her pants always bothered me, like they didnt fit right or something.

"hey babe ... you want to dance"

"no you jerk"

"no no.. you didnt hear me, I said you look fat in those pants"

#587 3 years ago
Quoted from gdonovan:

Show up for work and avoid directly comparing yourself to victims of the Holocaust on social media? I would find those tolerable conditions of employment, but I understand some would chafe under them.

#588 3 years ago

Now if we can just get rid of Pedro I'll be really happy

#589 3 years ago

Pretty sure he is out of warnings. He gotta be a good little puppy from here on in.

#590 3 years ago
Quoted from gdonovan:

The twitter mob has been after her for some time, several months ago it was because she refused to post what her preferred sexual pronouns were in her profile. I kid you not.
But Krystina Arielle (Star Wars The High Republic) can spew hate 24/7 on Twitter with no questions asked.
Gina's character I don't give a hoot or holler about but I give the actress props for not bending to the mob at her door.

That Krystina is a genuinely gross, and fairly apparent, racist.

https://boundingintocomics.com/2021/01/22/newly-announced-star-wars-the-high-republic-host-krystina-arielle-calls-all-white-people-are-racist/

Carano is a moron. Disney is a hypocrite. They hire a person who used to beat faces in, to play the same character, in a show about killing people who disagree with other people, and are evil/whatever ya wanna frame it.

They are fine with pushing a show about murder focused entertainment, meanwhile they fire an idiot for having outlandish private views.

They are all in the same pile of stupid asshat, all of the three mentioned entities/people.

#591 3 years ago

I didn't think her acting was that good. Just replace her with a different buff female who can act. And since it's the star wars universe just say she got bitten by something and it made her change appearances. Problem solved.

#592 3 years ago

I felt like she improved a lot as the series progressed, but yeah, I didn't exactly predict any Golden Globes in her future.

Does she even need to be replaced though? Now that the first story arc is presumably wrapped up, it doesn't really seem like Cara Dune is an integral character moving forward.

#593 3 years ago

I wouldn't be surprised if they shit canned the whole series. Everyone is going to watch the book of Fetta anyways. Without baby yoda and the shock of his existence, I don't think season 3 will be any good.

#594 3 years ago
Quoted from Friengineer:

I wouldn't be surprised if they shit canned the whole series. Everyone is going to watch the book of Fetta anyways. Without baby yoda and the shock of his experience, I don't think season 3 will be any good.

When I first saw that after credits scene, my initial thought was that The Book of Boba Fett would replace The Mandalorian season 3 (like each spinoff would run for a couple seasons before shifting focus to another character). Sounds like they're definitely doing a season 3, though.

Whatever. I have faith in Favreau and Filoni, hallowed be their names.

#595 3 years ago
7f587e19ef11b268 (resized).jpg7f587e19ef11b268 (resized).jpg
#596 3 years ago
Quoted from EternitytoM83:

When I first saw that after credits scen

When I first saw that, I thought it was a gag....

It's a fun 'What if?" idea, but as much as I love Temuera Morrison, (Just watched Island of Dr. Morreau, and was surprised he was in it! Brando version/debacle.) it just doesn't seem like an idea with legs.

I felt he and his pal overstayed just a bit, and Dawson just under. I'm not too thrilled to see either extended past what they were. But hey, it's modern "tv", AND Disney, milk it till it's dust!

#597 3 years ago

Don't worry everyone, looks like ol Gina got a great new job down at Parlor movie house. Or some such place

#598 3 years ago

Time to close this thread ..too much politics...

#599 3 years ago
Quoted from Blitzburgh99:

Time to close this thread

Season threes gunna blow anyways.

#600 3 years ago
Quoted from Friengineer:

Season threes gunna blow anyways.

I know you miss Baby Yoda, I do too. Better be back right quick all forced up

There are 606 posts in this topic. You are on page 12 of 13.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/mandolorian-by-disney-thoughts-discussions/page/12 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.