Topic Stats

• 27 posts
  • 24 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 years ago by RCIV
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

#1 2 years ago

I'm thinking of switching my Mandalorian deposit over to a Jurassic Park Premium. I can't get over the T-rex toy vs the Child toy in Mandalorian.

#2 2 years ago

I would take JP

#3 2 years ago

JP is the greatest pin EVER! IMO
If you like shots that you can combo CHECK
Awesome Code CHECK
Layout CHECK

We have the PRO and can't stop playing.
I was loving Deadpool for a month until we got JP and haven't play DP in 5 months.
Keith Elwin is the GOAT
Good Luck with the decision, either way you can't go wrong

#4 2 years ago

JP got stale quick. Exciting at first, then extremely repetitive. Same paddocks, same strategy, same clunkiness. I tried to force myself to love it due to theme but it's a miss in shots and rules. IMDN is still Elwins best. As for Mando, it looks fun and interesting but some time will be needed on it before purchase.

#5 2 years ago
#6 2 years ago

#jurassic-park-premium is a known quantity. The Mandalorian (Premium) is not.

Will you like the code on The Mandalorian (Premium) ?

Have you played them both?

#8 2 years ago

JP is one of the best machines ever made. I’d get that one now, and Mandalorian later

#9 2 years ago

JP is a bit linear but very deep. It really shines with the T-Rex toy, and when you get deep into multiballs.

If Mando is anything like SW or GOT rules wise, it’s going to be epic. Dwight really knows how to code breadth - i.e. lots of options in a small period of time.

If you’re all about toys and mechs, go JP. Plus, it’s finished. Who knows when Mando will be complete. That said, I am considering letting go of my JP for a Mando - dwights rules are typically unique and special. And this layout looks awesome for Dwight to do his thing.

#10 2 years ago

I have JP Premium. It's a great game though I agree with some of the criticisms against it. But I would say vs Mando that JP is definitely the way to go. The design on Mando is pretty weak in my opinion.

#11 2 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

JP is a bit linear but very deep. It really shines with the T-Rex toy, and when you get deep into multiballs.
If Mando is anything like SW or GOT rules wise, it’s going to be epic. Dwight really knows how to code breadth - i.e. lots of options in a small period of time.
If you’re all about toys and mechs, go JP. Plus, it’s finished. Who knows when Mando will be complete. That said, I am considering letting go of my JP for a Mando - dwights rules are typically unique and special. And this layout looks awesome for Dwight to do his thing.

I agree. I haven’t watched Mandalorian and figured I’d just play it on location or at a buddy’s house. But after seeing the layout, a little gameplay, and some podcasts with Dwight explaining the rules and code I’m really intrigued. GOT is one of my all-time faves because of there’s so many ways to approach it and man those multiball and wizard modes are so perfect.

#13 2 years ago

JP is the GOAT. There is no perfect pinball machine, but JP is as close as it gets.

#14 2 years ago
Quoted from PokerJake:

JP got stale quick. Exciting at first, then extremely repetitive. Same paddocks, same strategy, same clunkiness. I tried to force myself to love it due to theme but it's a miss in shots and rules. IMDN is still Elwins best. As for Mando, it looks fun and interesting but some time will be needed on it before purchase.

I still like JP but agree on most of your points. It's the most frustrating game I have ever own. Love the layout but hate the clunkiness. Air balls extremely common all over the pf and very hard to make clean shots. It won't even plunge correctly without non stop fiddling. Mix that with tough gameplay and it really grinds you. Very difficult to get to any wizard modes. Modes are fun and don't think it is repetitive. There is always something to shoot for and an objective. Definitely worth owning at some point but I would wait to see how Mando plays personally before deciding.

#15 2 years ago

I love JP but having this discussion without even flipping Mando yet is pointless. I guess if having a moving T-Rex head over a static baby Yoda is the only factor then go for it but maybe wait to play the game first?

#16 2 years ago

JP now, play it until Mando code matures, then decide. Won’t lose any money, best case enjoy two games, worst case a JP prem is trade bait for almost anything.

#17 2 years ago

JP is taking it's rightful place in the annals of pinball glory.....I would say it's either the best or very close second best pinball machine ever!
Mando looks like a sophomore effort compared to it.

#18 2 years ago

I’m having the same internal discussion. My family and I love the Mando theme... but the features are semi lackluster to me. Dwight’s code looks incredible. But I am concerned by how close the shots are to the flippers. I tend to like longer flowing shots and combos. Eddy usually delivers a smooth shooting pin so I’ll wait patiently to shoot this one.

My best friend has JP and I love it. The shots, the sounds, etc. gameplay is linear but the code is really fun regardless. I enjoy having different games from my friends though because when we visit we get to play different machines.

I’m really struggling over this decision and the short answer is just wait to play Mando... then decide.

#19 2 years ago
Quoted from Jkaping:

I’m having the same internal discussion. My family and I love the Mando theme... but the features are semi lackluster to me. Dwight’s code looks incredible. But I am concerned by how close the shots are to the flippers. I tend to like longer flowing shots and combos. Eddy usually delivers a smooth shooting pin so I’ll wait patiently to shoot this one.
My best friend has JP and I love it. The shots, the sounds, etc. gameplay is linear but the code is really fun regardless. I enjoy having different games from my friends though because when we visit we get to play different machines.
I’m really struggling over this decision and the short answer is just wait to play Mando... then decide.

I'm sure there will be more streams of Mando by end of week or beginning of next to help decide. Pro's are on the line this week and operators getting them end of week.

#20 2 years ago

probably jp premium, safe choice. not much is known yet on mando and the code is early.

#21 2 years ago

I'd get JP

#22 2 years ago

Thanks for the advice, I decided that the likelihood of a price hike next year is high, so I'm going to get both. I'll probably list my South Park to make room for the extra game.

#23 2 years ago
Quoted from thpletcher:

I'm going to get both.

I think all "this or that?" threads should end this way!

#24 2 years ago

This is the pinball way.

#25 2 years ago
#26 2 years ago

JP is a solid game and we know this, not sure how anyone knows much about Mandalorian yet. Not to mention, as code improves.

#27 2 years ago

JP is definitely a great game. great use of the playfield, toys, and coding.

I love what I see as far as coding on Mando from the DeadFlip game play, but I don't know if I like how crowded and short the playfield is. It seems to flow well, but looks crowded from left to right and all the paths and ramps starting at midfield. Mando has a leg up on theme, licensed video clips, and Carl callouts.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 35.00
Lighting - Backbox
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 29.99
Playfield - Decals
Cento Creations

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

Lighting - Backbox
Myth Pinball Parts Shop

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 16.00
$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 185.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Warner Robins, GA
Machine - For Sale
Manalapan, FL
Machine - For Sale
Neenah, WI
$ 25.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinEffects

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Hookedonpinball.com

€ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

9,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Birmingham, AL
$ 79.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Cheap Drainz Shop

€ 75.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 495.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
CRCades

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/mando-or-jurassic-park-?hl=tbutler6 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.