(Topic ID: 331829)

Mandalorin pro upkeep

By alshrews8

1 year ago

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

#1 1 year ago

I have a new Mandalorian pro coming in next week and will be my first pin. I need some advice on upkeep of the game, trouble areas and safe mods for the game. Any links or comments will be greatly appreciated

#2 1 year ago

Look up Mandalorian owners thread, should be lots of good info in there.

#3 1 year ago

First absolute rule, always have the power off/unplugged, before you do anything to your machine(maintenance, mods, cleaning).

As first time owners, lots a threads in this forum covering that. Plenty of YouTube videos out there, to help you study.

Remember, some things will be easy, some things moderate, and some things difficult for the inexperienced. Take your time and read/watch/learn.

Google search for the manual, and start reading through the basic info you need to know. Even walks you through how to set it up.

Enjoy your experience with it

#4 1 year ago

As far as mods go...

When I add something (like a lighted topper) to a pinball I never take power for the lights from the game's power supply.

I get 120V, and put a small 12V 'wall wart' power supply in the game to power anything that the game doesn't come with.

Lots of mods use alligator clips attached to the wiring in the game... I'm not a fan.

As far as what you need to do for your game...

When it breaks, fix it. That's about all. Your game will let you know if you have a problem. No need to anticipate what might fail.

(Note, this advice would be different if you had a Wizard Of Oz Emerald Edition, where I would suggest you buy a complete lighting 2.0 package and throw it in the bottom of the game for when you'll need it. It would be different if you had a 90's Williams/Bally game where I'd suggest having a couple of boxes of bulbs in the bottom of the game. And it would be different if you had a Gottlieb System 3 game like Stargate or Rescue 911, where I'd suggest a lot of fuses, lots of bulbs.)

#5 1 year ago

thanks for the info

#6 1 year ago

Put cliffy on that center/left ramp before you put too many plays.

#7 1 year ago

Go ask your nearest automotive shop if they can weld a small metal piece for $30 when it breaks, because the spot welds on your mini pf diverter will eventually break. The finger guide on that diverter is prone to breakage too.

We also had the right ramp top plastic flap break, but it was after 10000 plays. You need this flap to make the right ramp shot, otherwise the ball goes flying towards the mini pf LOL. We rebuilt the assembly out of lexan so it’ll never snap again.

The absolute best, useful mod for this game are the ramp wireforms from Logan pinball. Eliminate those ugly plastic crisscross ramps if you can.... these metal ramps make the game look, feel, and play better.

That’s about all I got. It’s not a bad game. Have fun.

Mike

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/mandalorin-pro-upkeep and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.