Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 16 posts
  • 6 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 years ago by 0geist0
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

mandoman (resized).PNG
    #1 2 years ago

The left flipper stopped working on the upper playfield.
    Started as intermittent but now it's totally dead.
    The wires are attached to the coil lugs. (first thing I checked)
    Made sure the connectors did't come loose.
    Doesn't work from the flipper button or in test.

Any ideas?
    Thanks in advance

#2 2 years ago

Separate fuse for it ?

Thin wire from coil winding to coil lug cracked or broken ?

Wire from coil to board broken ?

LTG : )

#3 2 years ago
    Quoted from LTG:

Separate fuse for it ?

I'll look in the morning. I'm away from the pin right now.
    Thanks for your reply.

#4 2 years ago

Is the mechanism tight? Flipper to linkage crimp...The mini playfield flippers have a bracket to stop the flipper stroke instead of an EOS (switch) like the main pf flippers do. Maybe the test does not work for that reason, that there's no EOS?

#5 2 years ago
    Quoted from LTG:Separate fuse for it ?

Everything looks intact and there are no fuses.

Quoted from KozMckPinball:

Is the mechanism tight? Flipper to linkage crimp...The mini playfield flippers have a bracket to stop the flipper stroke instead of an EOS (switch) like the main pf flippers do. Maybe the test does not work for that reason, that there's no EOS?

The flipper moves freely.

I can have a Stern tech out here early next week, I just may go that route, it is still under warranty.

#6 2 years ago

Don't have a mando but I assume it's a double leaf switch like the ones on most other 3+ flipper games. Are you sure it's the coil and not a problem with the second contact on the flipper button itself?

mandoman (resized).PNGmandoman (resized).PNG
    #7 2 years ago
    Quoted from craif:

Don't have a mando but I assume it's a double leaf switch like the ones on most other 3+ flipper games. Are you sure it's the coil and not a problem with the second contact on the flipper button itself?
    [quoted image]

Wouldn't it work in test if the flipper switch is bad? I push the start button to do coil tests.

#8 2 years ago
    Quoted from 0geist0:

Wouldn't it work in test if the flipper switch is bad? I push the start button to do coil tests.

You make a good point!

#9 2 years ago
    Quoted from craif:

You make a good point!

Who knows, you could be right. I honestly don't know.
    I've been told that on the newer Sterns if the software sees something wrong with on the playfield it just shuts it off.
    That's why there are no fuses.

#10 2 years ago

check the cabling that plug into the node board. I had similar problems and it was fixed when I did that.

#11 2 years ago
    Quoted from Pinballfantexas:

check the cabling that plug into the node board. I had similar problems and it was fixed when I did that.

Which node board?

#12 2 years ago
    Quoted from Pinballfantexas:

I checked the connections on all node boards and they are all seated properly.

#13 2 years ago
    Quoted from 0geist0:

I've been told that on the newer Sterns if the software sees something wrong with on the playfield it just shuts it off.

Any tech alerts? Once a node shuts off a feature, it will be displayed as a Tech Alert section.

#14 2 years ago
    Quoted from Shogun00:

Any tech alerts? Once a node shuts off a feature, it will be displayed as a Tech Alert section.

Nope, no tech alerts at all.

#15 2 years ago

Looks like there is a break in the wiring harness going to the upper playfield flippers.
    I'll have the harness repaired tomorrow and report back

#16 2 years ago

Re-pinned the plug and it is working again.
    Harness was a little too short, cut off one zip tie and made it a little longer, hopefully it wont happen again.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/mandalorian-premium and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.