Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 20 posts
  • 13 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 years ago by craif
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider pinmister.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#7 2 years ago

Is the Premium/LE worth the extra coin? Yes

For me it has nothing to do with the magnet or ramps. It is all about the encounters and rotating upper playfield with two flippers. The Pro is no slouch and is still a fun game but I think you are only getting 25% of the overall experience with the Pro. Why 25%-because you are losing 50% for not having a rotating pf with different levels of difficulty and another 25% for only having one flipper when it was designed for two. Also the ambush, etc. I highly recommend saving up the extra coin and going Premium/LE on Mando. Mando is a great game and deserves to be played with the full experience implementing the original design.

#9 2 years ago
Quoted from wisefwumyogwave:

As always giving the choice if they were both free anyone would choose the premium

I disagree. Sometimes the Pro is the way to go and plays better, it depends on the title.

#12 2 years ago
Quoted from wisefwumyogwave:

but it all comes down to money.

Again I disagree, it has nothing to do with money for me. I have chosen Pro over Premium/LE many times-mainly for playing better with better flow. Let me give you an example. I had multiple Metallica LE's and decided to keep the Pro. Why would I do that? Because the Pro plays better without coffin lock & the hammer is too big and blocks the view. Plain and simple-the Pro plays better and has better flow. I did not care for the ball interruption and huge hammer. Different strokes for different folks. Life is short-get what you like and don't care about the money. Ask me if I think the Premium/LE is the way to go for RUSH-the answer is no.

1 week later
#19 2 years ago
Quoted from freddy:

I’ve played both and pro is the way I went !

I bought the Pro and LE because I was really concerned I would not like the upper-ended up selling Pro and keeping LE. I dislike the majority of mini upper playfields and actually have chosen Pro models because of this. GOT-I can't stand the gimmicky(novelty) upper on Premium/LE and went Pro. Got rid of my AC/DC LUCI because I disliked the lower novelty playfield that killed flow and got old quick.

For some reason the upper on Mando is really entertaining and challenging. I thought it might be a gimmick so I bought the Pro to back me up, but after learning the strategies and mastering the techniques it has become really fun to play. For some reason playing the Pro just did not have the same magic for me after experiencing the LE.

I made this comparison in another thread but I feel it rings true-The Shadow is another Eddy masterpiece but would you pay less to not have the 'Battlefield'? Some people actually do not care for the Battlefield(crazy to me) but for those that do-it's magical(one of the only other uppers I care for) and transforms the game. Long story short the upper on Mando makes the game, while the Pro shoots well the Premium/LE are well worth it.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 1,999.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Maine Home Recreation

€ 65.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

€ 110.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

6,250 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Bay Shore, NY
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

€ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 145.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Hookedonpinball.com

€ 70.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 8,500.00
Pinball Machine
The Pinball Place

$ 110.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Diddy's Pinball Mods

$ 290.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Beyond Shop

Machine - For Sale
Portland, ME
6,200 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Las Cruces, NM
$ 9,499.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 22.95
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 20.00
Lighting - Other
Pin Monk

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 25.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 29.99
Playfield - Decals
Cento Creations

$ 5.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Fuzz

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider pinmister.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/mandalorian-prem-vs-pro?tu=pinmister and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.