Topic Stats

• 20 posts
  • 13 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 years ago by craif
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

#1 2 years ago

Is the Premium version really worth $2K more? I have only played the pro version locally and I like it but I can see the benefit of having metal over plastic and the moving Upper playfield.

#2 2 years ago

I think premium is well worth the price difference. The ambush 180 ramp is my fav feature of it. Very satisfying shot. I’ve owned both and the pro felt lacking.

#3 2 years ago

I've played the Premium Mandalorian and that would definitely be my choice I were to make a purchase.

#4 2 years ago

I considered the premium. The ambush ramp, magnet and playfield tilt just wasn't enough for me. $225 and the horrible plastic ramps are gone. The upper small playfield feels like an afterthought on both versions, so kinda leaves just the small additional ramp. Save your cash. As much as we really enjoy the pin, not sure its bolted by any means. I think the most exciting part of mando is the moving grogu.. and its a mod.

#5 2 years ago
Quoted from smokinhos:

I considered the premium. The ambush ramp, magnet and playfield tilt just wasn't enough for me. $225 and the horrible plastic ramps are gone. The upper small playfield feels like an afterthought on both versions, so kinda leaves just the small additional ramp. Save your cash. As much as we really enjoy the pin, not sure its bolted by any means. I think the most exciting part of mando is the moving grogu.. and its a mod.

Agree with this and that why I ordered a pro. Don’t think the ramp, magnet and the moving play field are worth $2200

#6 2 years ago

My calculation was Pro all the way. Better Art on Pro, fix the habitrails for $225. Magent is in a dumb, worthless, uninteresting spot. Half the time the upper playfield on the pro people just wait until it comes back down to level. The other half the time any mortal human drains almost immediately at the highest angle. Not worth the money. The ramp seems forgettable, but that just my opinion. You get everything you need on the pro. Nobody is buying this for the layout, they are buying it for the theme or code.

#7 2 years ago

Is the Premium/LE worth the extra coin? Yes

For me it has nothing to do with the magnet or ramps. It is all about the encounters and rotating upper playfield with two flippers. The Pro is no slouch and is still a fun game but I think you are only getting 25% of the overall experience with the Pro. Why 25%-because you are losing 50% for not having a rotating pf with different levels of difficulty and another 25% for only having one flipper when it was designed for two. Also the ambush, etc. I highly recommend saving up the extra coin and going Premium/LE on Mando. Mando is a great game and deserves to be played with the full experience implementing the original design.

#8 2 years ago

Ahhh this argument.

I would've sprung for the premium if the floating Mando head was the slave 1, missed opportunity there IMO. I got the pro. As always giving the choice if they were both free anyone would choose the premium.

#9 2 years ago
Quoted from wisefwumyogwave:

As always giving the choice if they were both free anyone would choose the premium

I disagree. Sometimes the Pro is the way to go and plays better, it depends on the title.

#10 2 years ago
Quoted from pinmister:

I disagree, sometimes the Pro is the way to go and plays better, it depends on the title.

No that's a false statement ingrained into your head by the many many threads of people justifying why they bought the pro over the premium, but it all comes down to money.

#11 2 years ago

No that's a false statement ingrained into your head by the many many threads of people justifying why they bought the pro over the premium, but it all comes down to money.

How about in GZ? The Premium slows down the game during multi ball quite a bit.

#12 2 years ago

but it all comes down to money.

Again I disagree, it has nothing to do with money for me. I have chosen Pro over Premium/LE many times-mainly for playing better with better flow. Let me give you an example. I had multiple Metallica LE's and decided to keep the Pro. Why would I do that? Because the Pro plays better without coffin lock & the hammer is too big and blocks the view. Plain and simple-the Pro plays better and has better flow. I did not care for the ball interruption and huge hammer. Different strokes for different folks. Life is short-get what you like and don't care about the money. Ask me if I think the Premium/LE is the way to go for RUSH-the answer is no.

#13 2 years ago

Agree.. The magnet is kinda useless. The playfield is not easy on the pro and tilted on the premium is nearly impossible. I had a chance to upgrade my pro to a premium but opted out.

Similar examples in my opinion, Tmnt, GOTG, and Met.

Must have premiums.. GZ, STh, and AIQ. I'd argue DP and JP, but both are outstanding pros too.

#14 2 years ago

Premium. Ambush is the must have. Magnet and upper playfield are meh.

#15 2 years ago

Where are you guys getting the metal ramps to replace the plastic ones?

#16 2 years ago
Quoted from Toothfixer08:

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/star-wars-mandalorian-pro-wireforms-this-is-the-way/page/12#post-6776737

I have these and are very well made, fine work.

#17 2 years ago
Quoted from pinmister:

Again I disagree, it has nothing to do with money for me. I have chosen Pro over Premium/LE many times-mainly for playing better with better flow. Let me give you an example. I had multiple Metallica LE's and decided to keep the Pro. Why would I do that? Because the Pro plays better without coffin lock & the hammer is too big and blocks the view. Plain and simple-the Pro plays better and has better flow. I did not care for the ball interruption and huge hammer. Different strokes for different folks. Life is short-get what you like and don't care about the money. Ask me if I think the Premium/LE is the way to go for RUSH-the answer is no.

It’s the same with mando
I’ve played both and pro is the way I went !

#18 2 years ago

Got mine from pinball life

#19 2 years ago
Quoted from freddy:

I’ve played both and pro is the way I went !

I bought the Pro and LE because I was really concerned I would not like the upper-ended up selling Pro and keeping LE. I dislike the majority of mini upper playfields and actually have chosen Pro models because of this. GOT-I can't stand the gimmicky(novelty) upper on Premium/LE and went Pro. Got rid of my AC/DC LUCI because I disliked the lower novelty playfield that killed flow and got old quick.

For some reason the upper on Mando is really entertaining and challenging. I thought it might be a gimmick so I bought the Pro to back me up, but after learning the strategies and mastering the techniques it has become really fun to play. For some reason playing the Pro just did not have the same magic for me after experiencing the LE.

I made this comparison in another thread but I feel it rings true-The Shadow is another Eddy masterpiece but would you pay less to not have the 'Battlefield'? Some people actually do not care for the Battlefield(crazy to me) but for those that do-it's magical(one of the only other uppers I care for) and transforms the game. Long story short the upper on Mando makes the game, while the Pro shoots well the Premium/LE are well worth it.

#20 2 years ago

Is the Premium version really worth $2K more? I have only played the pro version locally and I like it but I can see the benefit of having metal over plastic and the moving Upper playfield.

Easiest way to know if it's worth it to you is to play a few dozen games and compare. According to pinside and pinballmap there's at least 3 locations with a premium/le within 30 minutes of your town center as well as at least 3 pinsiders who have one listed in their collections.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
The Pinball Place

$ 85.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Diddy's Pinball Mods

Cabinet - Decals
Space Coast Pinball

$ 9,799.00
Pinball Machine
Gameroom Goodies Arizona

Cabinet - Toppers
+CY Universal

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

€ 90.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 290.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Beyond Shop

$ 145.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 9,499.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

6,300 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Indianapolis, IN
$ 29.99
Playfield - Decals
Cento Creations

€ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 22.95
$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
JK Pinball

7,250 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Lansing, KS
$ 495.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
CRCades

$ 1,999.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Maine Home Recreation

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 89.99
Cabinet - Decals
Maine Home Recreation

€ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

Machine - For Sale
Marshville, NC

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/mandalorian-prem-vs-pro?hl=hypercoaster and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.