(Topic ID: 325043)

Mandalorian left orbit metal rail adjustment question

By Krellan

1 year ago

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

#1 1 year ago

Question about the left orbit on The Mandalorian (Pro) Mandalorian.

Our machine had a problem in which the ball used to hit the rubber post, as it was coming down the left orbit, and get redirected SDTM. This, obviously, pissed off the players to no end. Ball time was down to 17 seconds per ball, way too hard.

I like how the left metal rail is adjustable. I was able to deliver a perfect ball feed to the left flipper, by moving the left metal rail away from the edge of the game.

However, I can't get it to stay in place. I'm afraid of stripping the wood, if I tighten the screw any tighter. The action of the ball hitting this wall quickly causes the wall to retreat backwards, though, and it gets out of position again.

Is there any workaround for this? Any way to add more friction to the screw? It's just a wood screw that goes through metal before entering the wood, and it's anchored solely by the wood, it doesn't bolt through (unfortunately). So, if I strip the wood, I'm screwed.

As a workaround, I removed the rubber cylinder from the left orbit (it's the post just behind the 3 standup targets in the left front). This isn't great, because I like the rubber cylinder there, as it protects that area from having a sharp metal edge that could be hit by the ball, but I don't have any other options here.

Has anybody else ran into this problem? If so, how did you solve it?

Thanks!
Josh

#2 1 year ago

I can't believe you and I seem to be the only ones with this issue. I was thinking about just putting a screw behind the metal rail to keep it in place. I was also thinking of wedging a narrow piece of sheet metal under the adjustment screw and metal rail.

#3 1 year ago

Is the game properly leveled side to side?

#4 1 year ago

The answer is in the Manadalorian thread elsewhere. There are 2 main Mando threads, it's in there somewhere. I don't remember the solution offhand.

edit:

Google "mandalorian left orbit drain pinball" and there's a bunch of stuff...

1 month later
#5 1 year ago
Quoted from titanpenguin:

Is the game properly leveled side to side?

Yes, it is. Everything else in the game shoots fine.

I eventually worked around the problem by removing the rubber cylinder from that post in front of the left orbit rail. That reduces the size of the post just enough where it no longer obstructs the flow of the ball. The ball is now delivered perfectly to the center of the left flipper, as it should be.

I'm still looking for a way to lock the left orbit wall in place. The adjustment slider is just held in there by one wood screw. I can't tighten the wood screw any more without risking damage to the wood and stripping the screw hole, which would make it worse. I wish there was a more robust method of anchoring the position of it, so that the wall would not move inward.

Ideally, somebody with a 3D printer could print a piece of plastic that would have a thin screw hole on one end, and a plastic block on the other end, sized just right, so I could screw it down and the block end would press up against the wall, to prevent all further lateral inward movement of that wall.

#6 1 year ago
Quoted from KozMckPinball:

The answer is in the Manadalorian thread elsewhere. There are 2 main Mando threads, it's in there somewhere. I don't remember the solution offhand.
edit:
Google "mandalorian left orbit drain pinball" and there's a bunch of stuff...

I found this:

https://www.reddit.com/r/pinball/comments/svbz6q/mandalorian_instant_drain_coming_off_left_orbit/

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/mandalorian-left-orbit-dump-help

That's about it. Interestingly, when I Google exactly "mandalorian left orbit drain pinball" (with the quotation marks), I get only one result, this post itself!

#7 1 year ago
Quoted from Krellan:

I eventually worked around the problem by removing the rubber cylinder from that post in front of the left orbit rail. That reduces the size of the post just enough where it no longer obstructs the flow of the ball. The ball is now delivered perfectly to the center of the left flipper, as it should be.

I have some thin wall post sleeves. Maybe that would work, instead of leaving the sleeve off.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 85.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Diddy's Pinball Mods

Cabinet - Decals
Space Coast Pinball

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
The Pinball Place

$ 5.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Fuzz

$ 290.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Beyond Shop

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

€ 90.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 60.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pin Wiz Mods

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 495.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
CRCades

$ 110.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Diddy's Pinball Mods

€ 70.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

€ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

€ 110.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

5,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Brookings, OR
$ 6.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
3D Tech. Pinball Parts

6,200 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Las Cruces, NM
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 19.95
$ 8,500.00
Pinball Machine
The Pinball Place

6,300 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Indianapolis, IN
Cabinet - Toppers
+CY Universal

$ 145.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Hookedonpinball.com

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/mandalorian-left-orbit-metal-rail-adjustment-question and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.