Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 16 posts
  • 12 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 years ago by jp1985
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

#1 6 years ago

So every three years my employer sends me off to Manchester NH to take an OSHA re-certification course. Last trip I had a blast at the sadly missed Pinball Wizard . Time before that I enjoyed the food and machine at Strange Brew.

I'm there for three nights (sun-wed), end of April --- so I will NEED a fix.

The PinSide map has a smattering (4) of locations but some of those entries are four to six years old . PinballMap.com is just as scant.

Any help here folks? Do these few locations still have any machines?? Any others in the wild?? Strangely, unlike most pinball folk - I prefer locations serving adult beverages as it always improves my coordination!

Cheers

---Tom

#2 6 years ago

Mel’s Funway Park has a small arcade with 2 pins.

There’s Pipe Dream Brewery just south of the airport runway. They have 2-3 EM’s.

Goldenrod cafe has a Tron Pro but was broken when I was there ~6 months ago.

Souther NH Pinball Club has ~20 games and often has open house game nights. They’re a 15-20 min ride.

Not much in the heart of the city. Everything is in the surrounding areas.

#3 6 years ago

The Pinball Wizard will be missed for sure!!

#4 6 years ago

Concord NH is a pinball desert. Don't come north.

#5 6 years ago

FunWorld in Nashua has about 8 games. Funspot up in Weirs Beach has probably 40 or more. Down the Road Brewery in Everett, MA has about 20 pins. Southern NH Pinball Club's open night is Wednesday.

#6 6 years ago

I used to run a company in derry. And this place was huge and awesome tons of pins http://www.pinballwizardarcade.com
    Its in pelham. Not far from Manchester

#7 6 years ago
    Quoted from conviction1:

I used to run a company in derry. And this place was huge and awesome tons of pins http://www.pinballwizardarcade.com

And closed. A tragic loss to the pinball community.

#8 6 years ago

Go to Flat Top Johnny's down in Boston. I go to Nashua, NH for TDYs, and the 1 hour drive is worth it. Trust me.

#9 6 years ago
    Quoted from conviction1:

Read all the posts above.

Swing and a fucking miss dude.

#10 6 years ago
    Quoted from Yoko2una:

Mel’s Funway Park

Stopped in last time - had a good TOM, will prob swing in.

Quoted from Yoko2una:

Pipe Dream Brewery just south of the airport

Pinball at breweries always get visited!

Quoted from Yoko2una:

They have 2-3 EM’s

Sweet! EM's are where it's at!

Quoted from Yoko2una:

Goldenrod cafe has a Tron Pro but was broken

The saga of machines in the wild in so many places. I work a lot in Bangor ME -- machines with no flipper button, press the stud; machines with 'missing balls'; multiple features not working; but they all get my quarters.

Quoted from Yoko2una:

Southern NH Pinball Club has ~20 games and often has open house game nights

Quoted from epeabs:

Southern NH Pinball Club's open night is Wednesday.

That would be a blast but I depart Wednesday noon.

Quoted from fisherdaman:

The Pinball Wizard will be missed for sure!

And Sarah was the bomb - had a blast playing and chatting.

Quoted from epeabs:

FunWorld in Nashua has about 8 games. Funspot up in Weirs Beach has probably 40 or more.

Will have to consider these based on distance and operating times. Class goes to 8-5.

Quoted from NPO:

Flat Top Johnny's down in Boston.

Yah, when I am anywhere near FTJ's I stop in but not practical on a Portland to Manchester route.

Thanks for all the input!
    Much appreciated.

Cheers

---Tom

#11 6 years ago
    Quoted from zaphod:

Yah, when I am anywhere near FTJ's I stop in but not practical on a Portland to Manchester route.
    Thanks for all the input!
    Much appreciated.
    Cheers
    ---Tom

Will shoot you a PM

5 months later
    #12 5 years ago

just heard about a place opening up soon "Electric Avenue Arcade" in Manchester https://www.facebook.com/electricavearcade/

Quoted from zaphod:

Cheers
    ---Tom

In Dover NH a place recently opened up "Tokens Taproom" https://www.facebook.com/tokenstaproom/

1 month later
    #13 5 years ago

Electric Avenue opened in Manchester on November 16, 2018. 24 Bridge Street, right downtown.
    .................David Marston

1 week later
    #14 5 years ago

Just checked out Electric Avenue in Manchester earlier. Nice location on Bridge St., just off of Elm Street. They currently have 8 pins on location and about 20 stand up arcade games. Pinballs include, Pinbot, Fishtales, Terminator 2, Funhouse, Spy Hunter, Creature from the Black Lagoon, South Park, Escape from the Lost World. I believe they also have a TAF that was not there. 3 tokens per pinball per credit, 2 tokens for arcade standups. They have a beer and wine license, cans, not draft, sodas and some snacks. Nice folks and clean atmosphere. Their Facebook page has updated hours, etc. Stop on in if your in the area.

#15 5 years ago
    Quoted from epeabs:

Just checked out Electric Avenue in Manchester earlier. Nice location on Bridge St., just off of Elm Street. They currently have 8 pins on location and about 20 stand up arcade games. Pinballs include, Pinbot, Fishtales, Terminator 2, Funhouse, Spy Hunter, Creature from the Black Lagoon, South Park, Escape from the Lost World. I believe they also have a TAF that was not there. 3 tokens per pinball per credit, 2 tokens for arcade standups. They have a beer and wine license, cans, not draft, sodas and some snacks. Nice folks and clean atmosphere. Their Facebook page has updated hours, etc. Stop on in if your in the area.

Awesome. Want to check it out.

#16 5 years ago
    Quoted from DaveH:

And closed. A tragic loss to the pinball community.

I bought my street fighter 2 pin from her when they closed. Sad to see them go.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/manchester-nh-where-to-play?hl=langless28 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.