New! Dark mode!

Browsing Pinside at night? Getting tired of all the white? Switch to dark mode using the button in the top right (or CTRL-B)!

(Topic ID: 224971)

Mancave show

By bangerjay

2 years ago

Topic Stats

• 21 posts
  • 16 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 1 year ago by CLEllison
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

There have been 2 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

20180908_123845 (resized).jpg
    20180908_123841 (resized).jpg

#1 2 years ago

I prefer not to use the word, but there is a show going on this weekend in Chicagoland. Pheasant run resort in st Charles. Pretty empty show, but hemispheres amusements has a spread of 22+? Pins

#3 2 years ago

What word?
    Deez?

#4 2 years ago

My mom bought me a sign that said Jason's Mancave for Christmas once and I threw it away right in front of her.

#5 2 years ago
    Quoted from Gryszzz:

My mom bought me a sign that said Jason's Mancave for Christmas once and I threw it away right in front of her.

HAHA - this might be your best post ever. I would have done the same thing!

#6 2 years ago
    Quoted from OLDPINGUY:

https://www.facebook.com/HemispheresAmusements/
    My wife only wants to go to "She Shack Shows!"

She shack is at least still kinda funny

#8 2 years ago

My father always laughs when he hears that term.

He always says, "I had a man cave when you were a kid, but I called it my house".

#9 2 years ago

Sorry, only snapped these 2 photos in between playing new release pinball titles...with no line at all. Yea! Thanks Kurt!

20180908_123841 (resized).jpg20180908_123845 (resized).jpg
    #10 2 years ago

Wow , was it really that dead there?

#11 2 years ago

Yep. I'm so used to the Chicagoland Show there, I thought I might be in the wrong place when I pulled into the parking lot. First year of the show though from what I hear, so probably not known by many yet.

#12 2 years ago
    Quoted from Goonie:

Yep. I'm so used to the Chicagoland Show there, I thought I might be in the wrong place when I pulled into the parking lot. First year of the show though from what I hear, so probably not known by many yet.

It looks like the Chicagoland show is moving to a new location. Anyone know if the Friday morning swap meet will still happen?

#13 2 years ago
    Quoted from Gryszzz:

That was not nice. You should thanked her for the sign. Then later got rid of it. Your mother deserves more (maybe, hopefully).

Mancave is a terrible replacement name for Games Room, Rec. Room, Den, Arcade, hell, even Spare room in the Basement sounds better.

#14 2 years ago

You people are so silly about this stuff! Now if you’ll excuse me, I’m going to my MANCAVE to play one of my pinball TABLES cause I’m a pinball WIZARD.

#15 2 years ago
    Quoted from BudManPinFan:

You people are so silly about this stuff! Now if you’ll excuse me, I’m going to my MANCAVE to play one of my pinball TABLES cause I’m a pinball WIZARD.

Sounds good! I’m just glad you didn’t call your table a deck.

#16 2 years ago

My expo/show advice,

Ditch the phrase “Mancave” because you’ll lose the female demographic. If your event isn’t marketed towards women then it’s not as “family friendly”.

#17 2 years ago
    Quoted from Goonie:

Sorry, only snapped these 2 photos in between playing new release pinball titles...with no line at all. Yea! Thanks Kurt!

I've been hearing ads for this for the past month on the radio (for sure on 103.9 the fox), so it's not like it wasn't advertised. Also they made it sound like it was all mancave things (bars, decor, lighting).. I only see games in those photos.

#18 2 years ago

I can't stand the word mancave. I think this webpage, and especially the first two comments below, explains for those who don't understand:

http://www.youjustmademylist.com/?p=5762

#19 2 years ago
    Quoted from Darcy:

That was not nice. You should thanked her for the sign. Then later got rid of it. Your mother deserves more (maybe, hopefully).
    Mancave is a terrible replacement name for Games Room, Rec. Room, Den, Arcade, hell, even Spare room in the Basement sounds better.

That never really happened bub lol. Gotta strike while the joke is HOT, and before I forget it. C'mon Darcy,...half the shit I say on here is just drunken nonsense. You new here?

1 year later
    #20 1 year ago
    Quoted from Gryszzz:

Funny I remembered this thread when I saw the new B-Dub commercial. It definitely says a lot about how I feel about the term Mancave. Also, mentions craft store signs lol.

#21 1 year ago

I don't care what term makes you feel good, I still feel like a real goober telling people a 48 year old man has a "insert feel good term here".
    It all sounds stupid even when it is cool.
    'Chicks dont want to hear that shit" ~ Dazed and Confused
    /mic drop

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    $ 20.00
    Playfield - Plastics
    Ramp-O-Matic
    $ 9.99
    Eproms
    Matt's Basement Arcade
    $ 20.00
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    COINTAKER.COM
    Cabinet - Other
    Pinball Wheezer
    $ 29.00
    Gameroom - Decorations
    Pinball Photos LLC
    $ 54.99
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    Eproms
    Matt's Basement Arcade
    Cabinet - Other
    Filament Printing
    $ 84.95
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    Super Skill Shot Shop
    $ 91.00
    $ 79.99
    Cabinet - Armor And Blades
    PinGraffix Pinside Shop
    $ 119.99
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 29.99
    Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    ULEKstore
    Cabinet Parts
    Maple Street Sign Shop
    $ 79.99
    Cabinet - Armor And Blades
    PinGraffix Pinside Shop
    $ 62.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Lermods
    $ 19.95
    $ 28.00
    Playfield - Decals
    Pinball Mod Co.
    $ 48.00
    Cabinet - Other
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    $ 48.00
    Cabinet - Other
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    Cabinet - Other
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    $ 32.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    The MOD Couple
    $ 14.95
    Various Novelties
    Allteksystems
    $ 7.50
    $ 40.00
    Gameroom - Decorations
    Arcade Arts
    $ 6,750.00
    Pinball Machine
    Guns N' Roses (SE) Out of stock
    The Pinball Place
    Eproms
    Matt's Basement Arcade

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside