20230705_235953.jpg
20230706_000003.jpg
2023-07-0512.37.127696276071371188097.jpg
20230523_182134 (resized).jpg
20230523_182106 (resized).jpg
IMG_3007 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2998 (resized).jpeg
0D790647-E38C-452C-B3E0-AD0F36152F5E (resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider whysnow.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#67 9 years ago

What is a blown out (worn to wood in the center) and in need of all fresh rubber and mechs cleaned up Viking worth.

I know of one that has been sitting unplayed in a basement for years and the friends parents are looking to sell.

Are decent old pfs available?

I have not seen the boards but should assume battery damage?

thoughts are appreciated

2 weeks later
#69 8 years ago

Thanks for the reply. They want $600, which I told them is about double what I feel comfortable with.

1 year later
#90 7 years ago
Quoted from Tsskinne:

Does Viking head detach from cabinet or is it like skateball and fold down?

detaches

1 month later
#103 7 years ago

I am officially in the club. Bringing one in BAD condition back to life.

I have been sourcing parts for the past 6 months and only 2 things I still need to find. Hoping I can get a little help from the Viking club.

I need >> A spinner OR good image/ scan of the art on both side of the spinner. Mine is blown out to the point that I need something better to try and recreate the art for. I can not find anything online.

I need 6 new Red Bally lane guides. The shorter 1-sided type. My 2 longer ones are pretty good, but the shorties are pretty bad. I can not find these anywhere and am very surprised.

If anyone can help out it would be very appreciated.

#105 7 years ago

Where are the clear red lane guides available at?

#108 7 years ago

I could really use some help from a viking owner. I am working on a full pf swap and my new pf is not drilled/dimpled.

Specifically, can someone please verify the hole positions for the nudge backs. My old pf has two positions drilled and seems to have spent its time in the upper hole (of the two drilled) based on fade.

I dont want to screw this one up since the nudge back and angle/geometry is obviously pretty important.

P1220089 (resized).JPGP1220089 (resized).JPG

P1220090 (resized).JPGP1220090 (resized).JPG

#109 7 years ago

bump for viking help please.

#111 7 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

bump for viking help please.

Got the answer in my restore thread. 2 options are factory and were to allow fine tuning by the op. I plan to drill both but use the top set to start.

1 week later
1 week later
#116 7 years ago
Quoted from mof:

» YouTube video

not much fun to play when the tilt is so loose you can nudge back endlessly.

#123 7 years ago
Quoted from pinplayer01:

I use dry lube on the pivot points)

what dry lube?

#125 7 years ago
Quoted from mof:

Most every time I hit 3rd inline it's a center drain. Guess I'll need to remove the tilt bob and start side nudging the hell out of this thing when the ball exits.
-mof

adjust that ball guide a bit? Should not center drain on the few I have played.

#127 7 years ago

if I am remembering correctly it should return from left inline drops to the left flipper (i.e. so you cant just easily rape that drop bank.)

It shoudl be a difficult return but not a STDM drain.

4 months later
#134 6 years ago
Quoted from eh97ac:

Joined the club a few months back. My middle saucer kicker is not delivering to the left flipper, is there an adjustment on the mechanism? I

sure, just bend the kickout arm slighty (may have to bend opposite of what you think)

1 month later
#137 6 years ago

just going to have to play with it a bit. It depends greatly on the pitch and speed of your game.

Yours appear set too high on drain side currently. Stock was 2-3 dimples for possible placement. I went with the lowest of the dimples after clearcoat.

2 weeks later
#143 6 years ago
Quoted from DanQverymuch:

Thanks to my first straight up trade, I'm now in the Viking club! (Thanks, RustyLizard!)
I always thought I wanted a Paragon, but it turns out I like Viking a lot more. It's got the looks and great game play!
I keep thinking "this is the most fun you can have with one ball!"
I feel so lucky! I was third in line but the first two guys wound up having to pass!
Is the seven digit mod still available anywhere?

What did u trade out?

Congrats!

#145 6 years ago
Quoted from DanQverymuch:

Ooh, you're gonna hate me: Excalibur.
Just too one-trick-pony for me. Great game for casual competition, but that rarely happens here.
Russ had the Viking up for sale at league, and like I said I was 3rd in line by the time I decided to proffer the trade. Worked out for me, though! And for him, he had expressed interest in the Excalibur, and he does have another Viking, to be fixed up nicer than this one...
Now I'm gonna need to get a WPT someday to feed my drop fetish, though!

It is all good. Excalibur is a fair trade for a nice viking. Both are solid games and I am sure both are happy traders. That is all that matters.

Welcome to the Viking club!

2 months later
#154 6 years ago

I am running them in all spots. Are you running some 7volution and some original? That could be the problem.

5 months later
#159 6 years ago
Quoted from Captive_Ball:

Used Viking playfield showed up on Ebay today....wasn't sure if any of the club members were interested. (Not Mine)
ebay.com link

looks very restorable!

#161 6 years ago
Quoted from InfiniteLives:

i bought a used in lane drop target mech to use on my homebrew game but it is missing two of the arms that control the drops. does anyone have any spare parts from a rebuild/restore i could buy off them? Cant seem to find that part anywhere stand alone.

I would buy a brand new whole mech from PBLife. better and more reliable TBT.

#163 6 years ago
Quoted from InfiniteLives:

they dont sell in lane drop target banks as far as I can see. unless i bought the singles at $80 a pop. For the prototyping stage not gonna happen hah.

makes sense. i was thinkin the singles in a line

4 months later
#168 5 years ago

looks nice. If you want a set of new spinner decals, just say the word.

I made up some extras when I did my restoration.

1 year later
#197 4 years ago
Quoted from tatman9999:

It is a new sticker. I will look where it came from.

I think it came from me? I printed up a bunch of these in high quality a few years back and sent them out to almost anyone that needed them at that time. I likely have a few sheets somewhere stashed away. Just don’t know where right now.

3 months later
#221 3 years ago
Quoted from scruffypinball:

Anyone have a suggestion on the purple color for a cabinet paint?

no time to hunt right now...

but I think I have it in this thread?

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/why-not-a-viking-restoration/page/5#post-3702697

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 25.00
Cabinet Parts
Volcano Pinball

$ 69.00
$ 22.50
$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 18.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Machine - For Sale
Sewickley, PA

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider whysnow.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/man-the-longboats-the-official-viking-club?tu=whysnow and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.