20230706_000003.jpg
2023-07-0512.37.127696276071371188097.jpg
20230523_182134 (resized).jpg
20230523_182106 (resized).jpg
IMG_3007 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2998 (resized).jpeg
0D790647-E38C-452C-B3E0-AD0F36152F5E (resized).jpeg
A2BF7737-0B2D-4824-8DF7-868DD6EBD81F (resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider rollitover.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#2 9 years ago

Xenon, you beat me to the punch! I was going to start a club as well. Glad somebody did anyway. You said in a previous thread that you would be getting one soon. Today is the day! Good for you. There is no feeling like getting a new machine. Mine will be ready for delivery sometime early next week. Can't wait. Might be able to go and get a sneak peak at it in the shop and check on its progress.

1 week later
#3 9 years ago

Got my sneak peak and it looks beautiful! This one is truly in near mint condition. It is amazing! The newest machine in my collection gets delivered tonight. Will post pics soon.

#5 9 years ago

Thanks so much. Glad to have another Pinsider who appreciates this pin. Wait till you see this machine Xenon75! When I first saw it, it was obviously in good condition but it was warehoused and pretty dirty. Then when I saw it in the shop, cleaned up and waxed... it was awesome. It really came to life!

1 week later
#7 9 years ago

Yes indeed I did! Really like it and even better my boy approves. He played two or three games on it and declared "ok dad this one's on the list" List? What List? "The list of machines you can never sell" Well alright then. Will post pics soon, just haven't gotten around to it yet. Glad you got yours! Sounds like you have a bit ahead of you. Hope nothing too serious. Did you locate a backglass?

#10 9 years ago
Quoted from Methos:

This is a club I would love to join. If anyone knows of a Viking pin for sale, please drop me a line. Thanks.

Hard to find game. If another turns up will be sure to keep you in mind. Keep your eye on ebay. A decent one sold about a month ago for 800. I have seen two or three for sale there over the past 6-12months.

#11 9 years ago
Quoted from Skulz:

Do you guys play the game (or like it) with the background sounds on? I have them turned off, but curious as to what others do. I am referring to the constant sounds the game makes even when you are not hitting anything.
I am interested to see how the 7 digit displays work for you and if you like them. I would consider them on my list to get for Viking if the reviews are good! Please let us know what you think when you get some time on them.

Usually leave mine on. Seems a bit quiet otherwise. Got a bit excited when I read you could opt for chimes. Let down a bit though when I turned that feature on. Nowhere near what I was hoping for, very basic, very simplified. Hope Xenon75 posts pics and reviews of his 7-digit displays upgrade. It will be interesting. Glad to have you aboard. Man the longboats!

#18 9 years ago
Quoted from Stu:

I will be changing my Red 7volution Displays to Purple ( with the Amber Credit/Match ) Very Soon!
I also have an NOS Viking Playfield that I'm going to swap in as soon as I can get it Clearcoated...Can't wait to Repaint the cabinet.......
Stu

7olution_Viking Backglass.jpg 150 KB

Though I prefer the classic look, sure does look good with 7-Digit displays added. Very interested to see what it will look like with the purple ones installed. Thanks for the pic and make sure to update!

Post edited by rollitover: Mistakenly made my comment part of another post(quote)

1 week later
#19 9 years ago

We come from the land of the ice and snow,
From the midnight sun where the hot springs flow.
The hammer of the gods will drive our ships to new lands,
To fight the horde, singing and crying: Valhalla, I am coming!

On we sweep with threshing oar,
Our only goal will be the western shore.
IMG_20141130_132812.jpgIMG_20141130_132812.jpgIMG_20141130_133414.jpgIMG_20141130_133414.jpgIMG_20141130_133944.jpgIMG_20141130_133944.jpgIMG_20141130_134032-996.jpgIMG_20141130_134032-996.jpgIMG_20141130_134042-281.jpgIMG_20141130_134042-281.jpgIMG_20141130_134204.jpgIMG_20141130_134204.jpgIMG_20141130_134221.jpgIMG_20141130_134221.jpgIMG_20141130_134238.jpgIMG_20141130_134238.jpgIMG_20141130_134502.jpgIMG_20141130_134502.jpgIMG_20141130_134913.jpgIMG_20141130_134913.jpgIMG_20141130_135349.jpgIMG_20141130_135349.jpg
Picked this beauty up about a month ago.
Excellent overall condition with near flawless backglass.

#21 9 years ago
Quoted from mof:

Nice example.
-mof

Simply stated and thankyou.

#24 9 years ago
Quoted from Xenon75:

That is a very nice Viking!! Got the sound working on mine last weekend, I like it. Mine has a very small (obviously wrong) tweeter installed, instead of the correct full range speaker. I will swap that out and it will sound even better.

Thankyou Xenon75. Got yours up and running yet? Hope so.

#25 9 years ago
Quoted from Classic_Stern:

Love Viking. Did a full restore on mine 5 years ago.

DSCF8155.JPG 309 KB

DSCF8153.JPG 160 KB

DSCF8154.JPG 381 KB

DSCF8157.JPG 235 KB

DSCF8162.JPG 303 KB

You do nice work. That cabinet looks amazing. It is the one area of my machine that is lacking. It has some black smudges on it.

#27 9 years ago

Don't hear many say this was their favorite! Sure am enjoying mine. Hope you land another some day.

#30 9 years ago

Well whattya' know we got us a canuck! Welcome, glad you're with us.

1 week later
#32 9 years ago

Glad you scored! Hope you get it up and running soon. Lookin' forward to the pics. Welcome to the Viking Club sir. Appreciate the shout out.

#36 9 years ago
Quoted from Gov:

Looks like an awesome pin! Early SS Bally's are my favorite by far. Maybe one day I can snag one of these.

Some people really knock this game. It has a rather low rating as well. Some say the playfield is too busy but I don't see it that way. I find it a fun, interesting game with a multitude to shoot for. I will say this, it would have been better with 7-digit scoring. However even this minor drawback is off-set by the fact that you get a triple knock at one million points. This early Bally SS flies under the radar, as other more popular titles far exceed the demand for Viking. Which is another reason to like it. Like you say hope you snag one someday!

1 week later
#41 9 years ago
Quoted from gdogfunk:

Great thread! I also love games from this period and currently have a Lost World and Medusa. I am searching for this game and would really appreciate a heads up if an available game pops up for sale. I had a couple of leads, but they fell through. I play in a Viking-metal band, so it is of utmost importance that I add one to my collection! Thanks, guys!

Considering your location is unknown and I am in Mn, are you willing to ship should I spot one?
LMK as I would not want to waste our time. If a-ok then I will definetly keep my eyes and ears open.
Sure hope you land one!

#45 9 years ago

Wondering if you still get the triple knock for surpassing 1,000,000 pts with the 7-digit displays?

2 weeks later
#48 9 years ago

Search cancelled. Congrats on landing a Viking! gdogfunk is now officially in the club. Hope you enjoy yours as much as I am mine. Many happy high scores my friend!

#50 9 years ago

Nice Stu! I'll be shootin' for that score buddy boy. And yes, a shameless plug indeed.

#54 9 years ago
Quoted from gdogfunk:

Wow! And I thought my 310k on a six digit was a decent score LOL! Thanks, rollitover, I gotta say, it's a tough game! The drains are brutal even at a 5º pitch!! Got my spinner spinning and found a loose flipper coil and it's playing better. Question: How is the flipper button action on yours? I got Viking and Paragon on the same day and both machines have VERY tight flippers. My Lost World and Medusa have super light flippers and you can actually do tap passes easily, but no way on Viking and Lost World. I really have to push the button in and there's no give at all. How can loosen my flipper action?

I know what you mean about tight flippers if you are indicating strength and mine are good and strong. I don't pass much on Viking but I will give it a try tonight. As for the buttons there may be a dirty build-up that has accumulated over the years or they may not be original.
A: clean 'em
B: change 'em
and nothin' wrong with 310k, yes it can be a tough machine.

2 weeks later
#59 9 years ago
Quoted from SteveRivet:

Hi,
Looking for a decent example of a Viking. Please message me if you know of one.
thanks in advance,
Steve

Hard to find game, especially in nice condition. Always helps and never hurts to put feelers out. Will keep my eyes and ears open. Hope you land one.

2 weeks later
#61 9 years ago

Meant to post a couple of days ago but did anybody see that Viking on ebay from Germany that went for $2550?!? That's crazy money.
Could it be that we might, just might be sitting on the next hot early SS from Bally?

2 months later
#72 8 years ago
Quoted from Classic_Stern:

Again has to be set up right.

Curious. Suggestions?

1 year later
#76 7 years ago

Can any one tell me how you get the star rollover special lit?
Is it a dip switch or...
Thanks

#78 7 years ago
Quoted from rollitover:

Can any one tell me how you get the star rollover special lit?
Is it a dip switch or...
Thanks

Let's try this again... anybody?

#80 7 years ago

Hey pinplayer01,
thanks so much for the explanation!
And the answer comes from the other side of the world!?!
PINSIDE ROCKS

1 week later
#84 7 years ago

Can anybody tell me if you still get a triple knock when you surpass 1m pts if you have the Xpin seven digit displays installed?
Thanks in advance.

#86 7 years ago
Quoted from rollitover:

Can anybody tell me if you still get a triple knock when you surpass 1m pts if you have the Xpin seven digit displays installed?
Thanks in advance.

Still lookin' for an answer on this one.... anybody.... a little help?

#88 7 years ago
Quoted from erichill:

If you have the triple knock enabled in the settings I can't see why it wouldn't work. The 7volution is downstream of the MPU and the game software has no idea it's even there.

Thanks buddy boy!
... or rather erichill
MUCH appreciated.

2 months later
#97 7 years ago

Nice and clean. Nice find.

1 month later
#107 7 years ago

Been rockin' this one lately and broke 2m the other night. SO much fun!
1 knock at 400,000
1 knock at 660,000
1 knock for the in-line Special
3 knocks for the first million

Jam, rock and repeat

1 knock at 400,000
1 knock at 660,000
3 knocks for the second million

11 total knocks. What a blast!!!

7 months later
#139 6 years ago
Quoted from shock_me:

Is that a restored original playfield? Looks great in that small pic! I just joined the Viking club over the weekend and looking forward to getting some time on it!

Congrats and welcome to the club.
Fun game but not for everybody.
Monster scores are lurking on Viking.
Build that bonus, multiply and collect!
Enjoy

1 week later
#146 6 years ago

Sooo... just what does a WELL above average to very nice Viking go for these days?
Curious as I consider my options.
Thanks in advance.

#149 6 years ago

Thanks for your opinion. Appreciate it.
Am considering some options that's for sure.
Not looking to ship right now but will keep you in mind should that change.
You can see pics of mine earlier in this thread. Let me know what you think.

1 month later
#150 6 years ago

Anybody have a tip (or two)
on where to get some custom instruction cards?
Just started looking and not really finding much.
Thanks

8 months later
#164 5 years ago

Popped off 1m+ first ball the other night without the aid of an extra ball !!!
Still fun after many years!

1 month later
#166 5 years ago
Quoted from mof:

What's the consensus on the A/B lane plastics? Should there be plastic guide flaps down both sides, or should they be one-sided favoring the lane to leave more rubber action near the saucer?
-mof

Mine has plastic one side only on the lane.
Bought it that way.

1 year later
#182 4 years ago

Not long ago an above average Viking was listed
for $2200. I think it lasted three days. No evidence it fetched that amount but one would think he probably got his asking price or close to it.
I consider mine to be in better condition.
Must admit got me seeing dollar signs.

4 months later
#194 3 years ago
Quoted from tatman9999:

What is wrong with the spinner?

Nothing wrong with the spinner.
I think he's referring to the fact that it looks so good, if not brand new. So...
"What did you do for the spinner?"

#199 3 years ago
Quoted from jim5six:

After many years i am proud to of finally joined the club! I am working to get everything sorted out but overall its a nice example.
[quoted image]
Clean and ready to reassemble top side
[quoted image]
-Jim

Beauty.
Nice, clean playfield. Original?

3 weeks later
#203 3 years ago
Quoted from scruffypinball:

If anyone has a viking for sale Id love a chance to buy. Fun game!

Joined the club! Question: does anyone know where I can find an apron decal?

So... four days ago you post an ad
and you've already landed one?
Now that's fast!
How 'bout some pics? Or perhaps you could
tell us how you came across your latest pin?
--I am at work and bored to death.

#205 3 years ago

Thanks for the description.
Pays to ask I suppose.
I just can't get over how quickly you got one.
Hope you track down that apron decal.
If you can, or get around to it, post some pics.
And... Congrats!

3 weeks later
#212 3 years ago
Quoted from John_In_WI:

Looking for an excellent condition playfield apron for Viking. Anyone know if decals for these were ever made?

Join the club- I can’t find one

Once upon a time Tilt Graphics had a custom apron but have sold out.
Suppose you could contact them and inquire if they reconsidering another run.
I do believe there are pics somewhere in this thread.

#213 3 years ago

Nope, I went back and looked and pics are not in this thread.
They are in the archived marketplace ads for Viking.
Look for the machine offered by Player1.
Pretty cool imo.

8 months later
#237 3 years ago

Mine is that beautiful Viking purple also.

7 months later
#273 2 years ago
Quoted from FatPanda:

I'll be listing my Viking in the next few days for anyone that might be interested. It's got a CPR playfield in it and plays perfectly. Mint backglass and good cabinet.

Looking forward to any/all the pics you display as I am an owner but want to
see this near mint example. Looking forward to the asking price as well.

2 months later
#276 2 years ago
Quoted from Ballypalooza:

Wowza!! Game is on fire.
[quoted image]

Yep. Nothing like these relentless sellers prices
to coax this, or any, of the early solid state titles
out of the gameroom and into the open market.
... Got me considering what mine might fetch.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 69.00
Electronics
Pinball Haus
Electronics
$ 45.00
$ 199.95
$ 55.00
Displays
PinballSolutions.eu
Displays
$ 10.00
$ 149.95
Boards
Allteksystems
Boards

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider rollitover.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/man-the-longboats-the-official-viking-club?tu=rollitover and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.