20230705_235953.jpg
20230706_000003.jpg
2023-07-0512.37.127696276071371188097.jpg
20230523_182134 (resized).jpg
20230523_182106 (resized).jpg
IMG_3007 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2998 (resized).jpeg
0D790647-E38C-452C-B3E0-AD0F36152F5E (resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider gdogfunk.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#40 9 years ago

Great thread! I also love games from this period and currently have a Lost World and Medusa. I am searching for this game and would really appreciate a heads up if an available game pops up for sale. I had a couple of leads, but they fell through. I play in a Viking-metal band, so it is of utmost importance that I add one to my collection! Thanks, guys!

#46 9 years ago
Quoted from rollitover:

Considering your location is unknown and I am in Mn, are you willing to ship should I spot one?
LMK as I would not want to waste our time. If a-ok then I will definetly keep my eyes and ears open.
Sure hope you land one!

I can't seem to get my location to take in my account settings. I'm in a Toledo, Oh and would happily pay for shipping if you find one in good condition!

I didn't get a notice that there were any responses or I would have responded sooner.

Thanks!!

Ryan

2 weeks later
#47 9 years ago

Yesterday I took delivery of a Viking game with a beat up cabinet and glass, but great playfield! Needs some TLC and some work to the spinner, but after changing the bulbs and cleaning it up, it plays pretty good! I'm still in the market for a nice backglass, since this one is pretty bad, but otherwise cancel the search for me

Ryan

#51 9 years ago

Wow! And I thought my 310k on a six digit was a decent score LOL! Thanks, rollitover, I gotta say, it's a tough game! The drains are brutal even at a 5º pitch!! Got my spinner spinning and found a loose flipper coil and it's playing better. Question: How is the flipper button action on yours? I got Viking and Paragon on the same day and both machines have VERY tight flippers. My Lost World and Medusa have super light flippers and you can actually do tap passes easily, but no way on Viking and Lost World. I really have to push the button in and there's no give at all. How can loosen my flipper action?

#53 9 years ago

Mine had the CPR plastics. I never saw the originals. I was told buy the seller that when the CPR plastics were being created, the colors were way off, but he said they went back and corrected them. I don't know if that was the case or not, but mine look brown. Without the originals, I have no way to compare.

#55 9 years ago

Actually, I meant the pressure you have to apply to the button on the cabinet. It's as if there is a tighter spring in the button in this game than on my other pins. Even my newer games aren't this tight. I mean you really have to give it pressure to activate the flipper. I will check out replacement options, but I don't see what to clean to loosen them up.

#57 9 years ago

Hey fellow Viking owners! I've got a problem with my pin. There were some feature lamps out and I reflowed the solder of the header pins and replaced a few bad SCRs and got all of the lamps working. However, when I go into test mode and get to the display test, my 10x 1-2-3 drop target light is flashing as if it were part of the test. I also see the right lane arrow lighting less frequently during this test. Shouldn't I expect to see zero feature lamps during the display test?

In addition to that, the 10x lights at the start of the game, but then goes out once one of the 3 drop targets is hit. The right lane arrow is also lit at game start. Do any of your pins exhibit the same behavior?

On top of all that, once I fixed the lamp driver and turned the machine back on, all GI is out. Great! I'm off to get fuses in the morning. Otherwise a fun pin! lol

Any ideas how to fix my issues is greatly appreciated!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark

$ 18.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

$ 25.00
Cabinet Parts
Volcano Pinball

$ 10.00
Electronics
Third Coast Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Sewickley, PA
$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 69.00
$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider gdogfunk.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/man-the-longboats-the-official-viking-club?tu=gdogfunk and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.