20230706_000003.jpg
2023-07-0512.37.127696276071371188097.jpg
20230523_182134 (resized).jpg
20230523_182106 (resized).jpg
IMG_3007 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2998 (resized).jpeg
0D790647-E38C-452C-B3E0-AD0F36152F5E (resized).jpeg
A2BF7737-0B2D-4824-8DF7-868DD6EBD81F (resized).jpeg

There are 351 posts in this topic. You are on page 5 of 8.
#201 3 years ago

If anyone has a viking for sale Id love a chance to buy. Fun game!

#202 3 years ago

Joined the club! Question: does anyone know where I can find an apron decal?

#203 3 years ago
Quoted from scruffypinball:

If anyone has a viking for sale Id love a chance to buy. Fun game!

Joined the club! Question: does anyone know where I can find an apron decal?

So... four days ago you post an ad
and you've already landed one?
Now that's fast!
How 'bout some pics? Or perhaps you could
tell us how you came across your latest pin?
--I am at work and bored to death.

#204 3 years ago
Quoted from rollitover:

So... four days ago you post an ad
and you've already landed one?
Now that's fast!
How 'bout some pics? Or perhaps you could
tell us how you came across your latest pin?
--I am at work and bored to death.

Put an ad out and reached out to people I know who deal with large quantities of games. I came accross 1 person out of 20+ I contacted who had lost a little interest in the game and I paid 97.5% of his asking price. Most people seem very content and happy with their games. I ordered a new digital score display, sound card, stencils and rubber kit so fair. I also hit up Whysnow for a spinner decal if he has one. Im thinking of clear coating the spinner with the new decal on it? Has that been done before to preserve decal integrity? Anyone have opinions on that topic?

Being politely proactive has its benefits- just be ready for a friendly "no" most of the time. haha

Still looking for that apron decal- it appears to be the same as paragon just smaller

#205 3 years ago

Thanks for the description.
Pays to ask I suppose.
I just can't get over how quickly you got one.
Hope you track down that apron decal.
If you can, or get around to it, post some pics.
And... Congrats!

#206 3 years ago

Anyone tried or seen the mirrored version of the backglass from CPR?

#207 3 years ago

I haven't seen the viking one but I've seen 2 CPR mirrored backglass. One was bad with black flecks all in it and a grey / barely reflective matte finish and the other is my Harlem I just got. The mirroring is like after you get out of the shower... not really a reflective mirror image like a real mirrored backglass but sort or shiney-ish.

1 week later
#208 3 years ago

I restored a Viking and really regret selling it
If anyone has one thinking of selling
Reach out to me . Cash or trade if your in the Bay Area

1 week later
#209 3 years ago

Looking for an excellent condition playfield apron for Viking. Anyone know if decals for these were ever made?

#210 3 years ago
Quoted from John_In_WI:

Looking for an excellent condition playfield apron for Viking. Anyone know if decals for these were ever made?

Join the club- I can’t find one

#211 3 years ago

Well, I'm in. SS Bally's rule!

#212 3 years ago
Quoted from John_In_WI:

Join the club- I can’t find one

Once upon a time Tilt Graphics had a custom apron but have sold out.
Suppose you could contact them and inquire if they reconsidering another run.
I do believe there are pics somewhere in this thread.

#213 3 years ago

Nope, I went back and looked and pics are not in this thread.
They are in the archived marketplace ads for Viking.
Look for the machine offered by Player1.
Pretty cool imo.

#214 3 years ago

Hoping to find a good example within 5 to 6 hours driving distance. Have a wanted ad up in the marketplace as well. Please let me know if you can help or have a lead on someone who can.

#215 3 years ago

Anyone have or know where I can find a copy of version 9 of Oliver's U6 Viking ROM image?

Thanks!

#216 3 years ago
Quoted from John_In_WI:

Anyone have or know where I can find a copy of version 9 of Oliver's U6 Viking ROM image?
Thanks!

What are the changes for this version? I would like to know also where to buy.

#217 3 years ago
Quoted from tatman9999:

What are the changes for this version? I would like to know also where to buy.

I found what I was looking for.

Supports free play and seven digit score displays.

#218 3 years ago

Custom shooter rod I had made for my Viking. Pretty cool I think!

73327307-27E1-4672-92D9-E9266A2E4743 (resized).png73327307-27E1-4672-92D9-E9266A2E4743 (resized).png
#219 3 years ago

Just finishing up my Viking project. Unable to get the extra balls for reaching the scoring thresholds working. I have the values programmed in and DIP switch 6 off and 7 on. As far as i could see, that's all that should have been needed.

1 month later
#220 3 years ago

Anyone have a suggestion on the purple color for a cabinet paint?

#221 3 years ago

no time to hunt right now...

but I think I have it in this thread?

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/why-not-a-viking-restoration/page/5#post-3702697

#222 3 years ago

Ironlak Spray Paint 400ml
Storm's Purple Reign

3 months later
#223 3 years ago

So it begins!

20201107_095924 (resized).jpg20201107_095924 (resized).jpg
#224 3 years ago

Any suggestions for the red color paint for the cabinet? Mine could use some touch up.

#225 3 years ago
Quoted from sunnRAT:

Any suggestions for the red color paint for the cabinet? Mine could use some touch up.

Molotow Signal Red, Signal yellow & Ironlak Purple Reign
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/man-the-longboats-the-official-viking-club/page/4#post-4032052

2 months later
#226 3 years ago

Joined the club today! It'll need a lot of love, but it'll get it, all in time. Minty backglass and the cabinet is in decent shape. Nice colors on it still, but typically scratches and gouges.

The playfield is tired, so the minute CPR does a rerun, I'll be in on one.

Anyone know where I can get a replacement drop target bracket, the little square one that has a slot in it that keeps the drop target in its track?

20210206_170400 (resized).jpg20210206_170400 (resized).jpg
#227 3 years ago

Nice red remaining on your cab!

Looks like we have the same blue-faded apron -- makes me wonder what the original apron colors were.

#228 3 years ago
Quoted from mof:

Looks like we have the same blue-faded apron -- makes me wonder what the original apron colors were.

Usually you can tell by the portion that's normally covered by the score cards. If someone would repro or restore these, I'd be in.

#229 3 years ago
Quoted from FatPanda:

Joined the club today! It'll need a lot of love, but it'll get it, all in time. Minty backglass and the cabinet is in decent shape. Nice colors on it still, but typically scratches and gouges.
Anyone know where I can get a replacement drop target bracket, the little square one that has a slot in it that keeps the drop target in its track?
[quoted image]

That is a nice looking cabinet. And a well used PF.

#230 3 years ago

Either that, or I'm going full red and blue viking, haha

#231 3 years ago
Quoted from mof:

Either that, or I'm going full red and blue viking, haha

You can see on his pic what the original apron color was. Must have looked great.

#232 3 years ago
Quoted from FatPanda:

[quoted image]

Welcome to the club!

Quoted from mof:

I'm not sure where mine stands. I always thought it was purple? (To match the purple on the cab and PF?)
20210206_181657 (resized).jpg20210206_181657 (resized).jpg

#233 3 years ago

My playfied is tilted up, but you can see the contrast here lol. I was confused at first because the blue looked so uniform!

20210206_201609 (resized).jpg20210206_201609 (resized).jpg

It does have very nice colors on the cab, even though if I can get my hands on a new pf and plastics, I might as well do a cabinet restore too since there are some scratches and gouges and if theres supposed to be purple, it's more of a gray tone. Theres a bit of fade in the backbox.
20210206_201739 (resized).jpg20210206_201739 (resized).jpg20210206_201756 (resized).jpg20210206_201756 (resized).jpg

#234 3 years ago

Any thoughts about how i can get a replacement bracket? The top one is broken.

20210206_202200 (resized).jpg20210206_202200 (resized).jpg
2 weeks later
#235 3 years ago

Got my hands on CPR playfield and the game is running 100%.

Cant wait to get started on this swap.

Going back to the apron, I'm starting to wonder if the apron really is supposed to be blue, since all of the images on Google show a similar color. Was going to get a Skateball apron to replace it but now I'm starting to second guess that decision and stick with the one I already have.

20210222_185557 (resized).jpg20210222_185557 (resized).jpg
#236 3 years ago

I don’t think the apron is supposed to be blue. It should be the purple under your apron card area.

#237 3 years ago

Mine is that beautiful Viking purple also.

#238 3 years ago

I wish they would remake this apron. They shut the remakes down too soon. Anyone want to put up a pic of a real nice one? AND..... I’m looking for a real nice glass if anybody has or knows of one. Thx

#239 3 years ago
Quoted from Ballypalooza:

I wish they would remake this apron. They shut the remakes down too soon. Anyone want to put up a pic of a real nice one? AND..... I’m looking for a real nice glass if anybody has or knows of one. Thx

CPR makes the glass.

#240 3 years ago

Yeah, well... I think I’d rather have an original glass. The right is original and the left is CPR.

C7B40CFF-BB74-41C6-A19D-131E151338EF (resized).jpegC7B40CFF-BB74-41C6-A19D-131E151338EF (resized).jpeg
#241 3 years ago

Yeah, well... I think I’d rather have an original glass. The right is original and the left is CPR.
[quoted image]

Original is faded. Like the aprons.

#242 3 years ago

That’s what Kevin says too. Maybe it color shifted some. Cabinet wasn’t faded at all. I wish someone could show me an original glass that looks like the CPR one.

#243 3 years ago

Never played the game, but what a beautiful backglass!

#244 3 years ago

Some other company is making the backglass with bee-yoo-tiful mirroring. I cant remember who, somebody sound off with it.

#245 3 years ago
Quoted from Chalkey:

Some other company is making the backglass with bee-yoo-tiful mirroring. I cant remember who, somebody sound off with it.

CPR is offering a mirrored version.

#246 3 years ago

I have the backglass you need, shot you a PM.

Quoted from Chalkey:

That is Coos in the Netherlands.
http://www.coos.net/bingo_e/backglasses.html

#247 3 years ago

I don’t think the apron is supposed to be blue. It should be the purple under your apron card area.

Yeah, I looked at mine again and see that there are some areas where it blends back into the purple. I haven't taken off the apron to see the underside, but I would bet that it's the same purple. Still, nearly every picture that is posted of this game shows the powder blue color.

Even if someone would make the colored decals, then at least the original aprons can be sanded, repainted, and new decals put on...

#248 3 years ago
Quoted from FatPanda:

Yeah, I looked at mine again and see that there are some areas where it blends back into the purple. I haven't taken off the apron to see the underside, but I would bet that it's the same purple. Still, nearly every picture that is posted of this game shows the powder blue color.
Even if someone would make the colored decals, then at least the original aprons can be sanded, repainted, and new decals put on...

This is what I have. It’s better than average, but needs some work to be finished.

6A12FFB7-B348-458E-867A-11E4922C4C72 (resized).jpeg6A12FFB7-B348-458E-867A-11E4922C4C72 (resized).jpeg9BFA6CA9-C39C-496A-9B9D-3538760D88BF (resized).jpeg9BFA6CA9-C39C-496A-9B9D-3538760D88BF (resized).jpeg
#249 3 years ago

This is what I have. It’s better than average, but needs some work to be finished.
[quoted image][quoted image]

Mine is way more faded than that.

#250 3 years ago

[quoted image][quoted image]

Looks great compared to everything else I've seen!

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Machine - For Sale
Sewickley, PA
$ 10.00
$ 149.95
Boards
Allteksystems
Boards
$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom
Eproms
$ 8.00
Electronics
Third Coast Pinball
Electronics
Electronics
Third Coast Pinball
Electronics
$ 10.00
$ 25.00
Cabinet Parts
Volcano Pinball
Cabinet parts
$ 69.00
Electronics
Pinball Haus
Electronics
$ 119.95
Boards
Allteksystems
Boards
There are 351 posts in this topic. You are on page 5 of 8.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/man-the-longboats-the-official-viking-club/page/5 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.