Topic Stats

• 176 posts
  • 44 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 9 days ago by InfiniteLives
  • Topic is favorited by 18 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 45 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

20191004_195552 (resized).jpg
1k58u4 (resized).jpg
20180812_140337 (resized).jpg
20180812_140423 (resized).jpg
IMG_20170926_082814 (resized).jpg
IMG_20170926_082738 (resized).jpg
IMG_1272 (resized).jpg
20170703_220745 (resized).jpg
20170804_120518 (resized).jpg
20170804_120653 (resized).jpg
20170804_195707 (resized).jpg
20170730_194712 (resized).jpg
15019502715541934928454 (resized).jpg
Dry Lubricant (resized).jpg
P1220090 (resized).JPG
P1220089 (resized).JPG

There are 176 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 4.
#102 2 years ago

Thanks for posting Tommy

2 weeks later
#103 2 years ago

I am officially in the club. Bringing one in BAD condition back to life.

I have been sourcing parts for the past 6 months and only 2 things I still need to find. Hoping I can get a little help from the Viking club.

I need >> A spinner OR good image/ scan of the art on both side of the spinner. Mine is blown out to the point that I need something better to try and recreate the art for. I can not find anything online.

I need 6 new Red Bally lane guides. The shorter 1-sided type. My 2 longer ones are pretty good, but the shorties are pretty bad. I can not find these anywhere and am very surprised.

If anyone can help out it would be very appreciated.

#104 2 years ago

image attached and also in the mail to you.

For those that want to make their own, you'll need to print, laminate, and apply sticker adhesive (3M makes adhesive with baking paper)

Quoted from Whysnow:

I need 6 new Red Bally lane guides.

Just buy the clear red ones with the dual sides. Cut off one side.

viking spinner decal (resized).png

#105 2 years ago

Where are the clear red lane guides available at?

#106 2 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

Where are the clear red lane guides available at?

PBR
6 - 1-1/2โ€ red transparent lane guide - Red - 03-7034-9
2 โ€“ 2-1/2โ€ red transparent lane guide - Red - 03-7120-9

#107 2 years ago

Been rockin' this one lately and broke 2m the other night. SO much fun!
1 knock at 400,000
1 knock at 660,000
1 knock for the in-line Special
3 knocks for the first million

Jam, rock and repeat

1 knock at 400,000
1 knock at 660,000
3 knocks for the second million

11 total knocks. What a blast!!!

#108 2 years ago

I could really use some help from a viking owner. I am working on a full pf swap and my new pf is not drilled/dimpled.

Specifically, can someone please verify the hole positions for the nudge backs. My old pf has two positions drilled and seems to have spent its time in the upper hole (of the two drilled) based on fade.

I dont want to screw this one up since the nudge back and angle/geometry is obviously pretty important.

P1220089 (resized).JPG

P1220090 (resized).JPG

#109 2 years ago

bump for viking help please.

#111 2 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

bump for viking help please.

Got the answer in my restore thread. 2 options are factory and were to allow fine tuning by the op. I plan to drill both but use the top set to start.

#112 2 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

Got the answer in my restore thread. 2 options are factory and were to allow fine tuning by the op. I plan to drill both but use the top set to start.

Was just about to reply to this, but you figured it out! Want to say there is a lil blurb in the manual about this.

1 week later
1 week later
#114 2 years ago

What is YOUR strategy for this game?
I'm babysitting one for a week, and have yet to wrap my head around this deep rule set.
-mof

#116 2 years ago
Quoted from mof:

ยป YouTube video

not much fun to play when the tilt is so loose you can nudge back endlessly.

#117 2 years ago

So top left saucer is bonus collect?

#118 2 years ago

I just joined the club although I won't get mine until next week.

Near as I can tell you do this:
Build up the bonus. Usually by hitting the right orbit into the pops and maybe the hole.
Once you have 20k bonus lit you start hitting the inlines to multiply (and increase) the bonus
Once bonus X is maxed you go drops to light and collect extra ball.

Is this correct?

#119 2 years ago

I don't understand when you go for the spinner. Wish a Viking master would chime in.

#120 2 years ago

I think the spinner ups the bonus every time it completes a ladder. In competition play it looks like it's always hit by accident

#121 2 years ago
Quoted from mof:

What is YOUR strategy for this game?
I'm babysitting one for a week, and have yet to wrap my head around this deep rule set.
-mof

Pretty simple really, just knock down the inline targets and then hit the loop into the bonus collect. You can ignore everything else. My high score is just over 6.5 million. Haven't seen a Bally Viking yet I couldn't roll on one ball. Viking really needs the 7-digit display upgrade.

#122 2 years ago
Quoted from BrianBannon:

Pretty simple really, just knock down the inline targets and then hit the loop into the bonus collect. You can ignore everything else. My high score is just over 6.5 million. Haven't seen a Bally Viking yet I couldn't roll on one ball. Viking really needs the 7-digit display upgrade.

Disagree slightly. The spinner is also worth going for, providing it is capable of spinning easily (I use dry lube on the pivot points) and a single shot can achieve a lot of spins. Once the spinner has laddered up twice, every subsequent spin is worth 1K points. When I have really nailed it I can achieve 20-30K points, and that's worth shooting for from time to time.

#123 2 years ago
Quoted from pinplayer01:

I use dry lube on the pivot points)

what dry lube?

#124 2 years ago

Most every time I hit 3rd inline it's a center drain. Guess I'll need to remove the tilt bob and start side nudging the hell out of this thing when the ball exits.
-mof

#125 2 years ago
Quoted from mof:

Most every time I hit 3rd inline it's a center drain. Guess I'll need to remove the tilt bob and start side nudging the hell out of this thing when the ball exits.
-mof

adjust that ball guide a bit? Should not center drain on the few I have played.

#126 2 years ago

More towards left or right flipper?

#127 2 years ago

if I am remembering correctly it should return from left inline drops to the left flipper (i.e. so you cant just easily rape that drop bank.)

It shoudl be a difficult return but not a STDM drain.

#128 2 years ago

I wish there were more than 3 Viking owners out there to help throw ideas out...
-mof

#129 2 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

what dry lube?

This is what I use. Before I used to get about 10-15 spins per shot on my Bally games. After using this, I routinely get 25-35 spins. Just apply it sparingly to the pivot points of the metal axis of the spinner.

Dry Lubricant (resized).jpg

#130 2 years ago

I'm not getting 60-80 spins like I typically do on a Williams game (when ripping by hand)
The best rip I can pull off is 20-30. And it might be counting ~50% of the revolutions.
This will take some looking into...
-mof

#131 2 years ago
Quoted from mof:

I'm not getting 60-80 spins like I typically do on a Williams game (when ripping by hand)
The best rip I can pull off is 20-30. And it might be counting ~50% of the revolutions.
This will take some looking into...
-mof

I have dry slick, it's my preferred spinner lube. Between the lube and proper switch adjustment it's possible to get a good rip. Have to make sure the switch isn't dragging down on the spinner

#132 2 years ago
Quoted from mof:

counting ~50% of the revolutions.

4 months later
#133 2 years ago

Joined the club a few months back. My middle saucer kicker is not delivering to the left flipper, is there an adjustment on the mechanism? I

#134 2 years ago
Quoted from eh97ac:

Joined the club a few months back. My middle saucer kicker is not delivering to the left flipper, is there an adjustment on the mechanism? I

sure, just bend the kickout arm slighty (may have to bend opposite of what you think)

3 weeks later
#135 2 years ago

Does any one have a sheet made with the Viking Inserts? Even a scan of the playfield would be helpful! Thanks!

2 weeks later
#136 2 years ago

Looking for a little help, my outlane returns are super easy to get back in from. I see that there are multiple adjustments for them but I just got down restoring the game and clearing the playfield so I don't want drill a ton of holes in it finding the sweet spot. I don't want the outlanes to be a cheap return, I want it more like centaur were it's a fight

15019502715541934928454 (resized).jpg

#137 2 years ago

just going to have to play with it a bit. It depends greatly on the pitch and speed of your game.

Yours appear set too high on drain side currently. Stock was 2-3 dimples for possible placement. I went with the lowest of the dimples after clearcoat.

2 weeks later
#138 2 years ago
Quoted from tdiddy:

Looking for a little help, my outlane returns are super easy to get back in from. I see that there are multiple adjustments for them but I just got down restoring the game and clearing the playfield so I don't want drill a ton of holes in it finding the sweet spot. I don't want the outlanes to be a cheap return, I want it more like centaur were it's a fight

Is that a restored original playfield? Looks great in that small pic! I just joined the Viking club over the weekend and looking forward to getting some time on it!

#139 2 years ago
Quoted from shock_me:

Is that a restored original playfield? Looks great in that small pic! I just joined the Viking club over the weekend and looking forward to getting some time on it!

Congrats and welcome to the club.
Fun game but not for everybody.
Monster scores are lurking on Viking.
Build that bonus, multiply and collect!
Enjoy

#140 2 years ago
Quoted from shock_me:

It's an original is restore I'm happy how it turned out

20170730_194712 (resized).jpg

20170804_195707 (resized).jpg

20170804_120653 (resized).jpg

20170804_120518 (resized).jpg

20170703_220745 (resized).jpg

#142 2 years ago

Thanks to my first straight up trade, I'm now in the Viking club! (Thanks, RustyLizard!)

I always thought I wanted a Paragon, but it turns out I like Viking a lot more. It's got the looks and great game play!

I keep thinking "this is the most fun you can have with one ball!"

I feel so lucky! I was third in line but the first two guys wound up having to pass!

Is the seven digit mod still available anywhere?

#143 2 years ago
Quoted from DanQverymuch:

Thanks to my first straight up trade, I'm now in the Viking club! (Thanks, RustyLizard!)
I always thought I wanted a Paragon, but it turns out I like Viking a lot more. It's got the looks and great game play!
I keep thinking "this is the most fun you can have with one ball!"
I feel so lucky! I was third in line but the first two guys wound up having to pass!
Is the seven digit mod still available anywhere?

What did u trade out?

Congrats!

#144 2 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

What did u trade out?
Congrats!

Ooh, you're gonna hate me: Excalibur.

Just too one-trick-pony for me. Great game for casual competition, but that rarely happens here.

Russ had the Viking up for sale at league, and like I said I was 3rd in line by the time I decided to proffer the trade. Worked out for me, though! And for him, he had expressed interest in the Excalibur, and he does have another Viking, to be fixed up nicer than this one...

Now I'm gonna need to get a WPT someday to feed my drop fetish, though!

#145 2 years ago
Quoted from DanQverymuch:

Ooh, you're gonna hate me: Excalibur.
Just too one-trick-pony for me. Great game for casual competition, but that rarely happens here.
Russ had the Viking up for sale at league, and like I said I was 3rd in line by the time I decided to proffer the trade. Worked out for me, though! And for him, he had expressed interest in the Excalibur, and he does have another Viking, to be fixed up nicer than this one...
Now I'm gonna need to get a WPT someday to feed my drop fetish, though!

It is all good. Excalibur is a fair trade for a nice viking. Both are solid games and I am sure both are happy traders. That is all that matters.

Welcome to the Viking club!

1 week later
#146 2 years ago

Sooo... just what does a WELL above average to very nice Viking go for these days?
Curious as I consider my options.
Thanks in advance.

#147 2 years ago

I'm willing to pay well for the right example with very nice playfield. Let me know if you're selling.

Quoted from rollitover:

Sooo... just what does a WELL above average to very nice Viking go for these days?
Thanks in advance.

#148 2 years ago
Quoted from rollitover:

Thanks in advance.

I'd guess something approaching $2K.

#149 2 years ago

Thanks for your opinion. Appreciate it.
Am considering some options that's for sure.
Not looking to ship right now but will keep you in mind should that change.
You can see pics of mine earlier in this thread. Let me know what you think.

1 month later
#150 1 year ago

Anybody have a tip (or two)
on where to get some custom instruction cards?
Just started looking and not really finding much.
Thanks

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Apparel - Men
Pinside Shop
$ 7.00
Electronics
Third Coast Pinball
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
$ 21.00
4,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Lisle, IL
$ 14.50
Electronics
PinballElectronics.com
There are 176 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 4.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside