(Topic ID: 48335)

Man Avengers Sucks Soooo Bad. What Happened?

By mickthepin

11 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

Topic poll

“Is Avengers to the standard that we would like from stern”

• Yes 17 votes
    11%
  • No 102 votes
    69%
  • No, but L.E And if you can afford all the extras it's a great game 27 votes
    18%
  • Yes it is the best game. I have a mint MM will trade 2 votes
    1%

(148 votes by 0 Pinsiders)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

image.jpg
images-4.jpeg
61156_10151304868305645_1017543692_n.jpg
1270.gif
1270.gif
swansonpenis.gif
pool_fart.gif
DSC_0471.jpg
The_Avengers.jpg
images.jpeg
BBats_003.jpg
chulk.jpg
nomore.JPG
RoppLonnie.jpg
Avengers_Mods_012.JPG

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider tron1969.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#54 11 years ago
Quoted from ChadNC:

Im exact opposite, I wanted to like Xmen because of the art and being an Xmen fan. I just hate Xmen. It just really sucks to me. Maybe its me but theyres more shots with the left flipper than right. It just seems unbalanced. Also theyres no real story line and the code still sucks.
Avengers code seemed more finished but had mechanical issues.
I just love the satisfying feeling of hitting that BW or Hawkeye shot a couple times in a row. I wouldn't like the pro nearly as much.

Are you kidding me - Again you must not have spent much time on the table how many more distinct shots do you think you could fit on a table?

Left Flipper Shots -
1 Backhand the scoop
2 Wolverine
3 Magneto then Magneto lock
4 Cyclops Loop
5 Iceman Ramp - During IceMan mode the moving ramp also continually feeds the left flipper for multiple ramp shots.
6 Phoenix Loop
7 Brotherhood Targets
8 Nightcrawler Popups
Not to mention Magneto Lock Targets

#59 11 years ago
Quoted from DCFAN:

You seem to have misread what he wrote. He said that the game is unbalanced in that most shots are left flipper shots.

There are just as many right flipper shots as left, cant get much more even than this. Again more bad information from someone who obviously hasn't spent much time on the table. I appreciate everyones opinion but at least have some actual knowledge about the topic before you write something completely wrong.
1 Hellfire Club
2 Scoop
3 Beast and Gambit
4 Wolverine
5 Xavier
6 Magneto
7 Cyclops
8 Night Crawler
Ans also Magneto Lock Targets

#64 11 years ago
Quoted from ChadNC:

Thanks DC Fan. I just want to say when im playing more shots are being left flipper. Didnt say they couldn't be right handed shots it just seems in-balanced. and the CODE SUCKS
It just feels opposite of the way BK2k is.. Its heavily right flipper. You can hit shots with the other flipper its just unbalaned

So now that the facts are their that both flippers are not only close to equal but actually 100% equally balanced you have now chosen to state the code sucks. Thats quite the detailed explanation there, what exactly do you think sucks about the code? Have you read the detailed rule breakdown created by Ryan on this board? Its well known that there needs to be a few more updates to correct some bugs and the addition of combos. But the same could have be said about another great game Tron that was good and the latest update made it that much better. If you have some insightful information about what sucks you should share some details and contribute to making people more informed while possibly driving the next update to address your exact concerns.

#320 10 years ago
Quoted from Mudflaps:

Strictly from my viewpoint, I enjoy that aspect of the hobby (tweaking, modding, dialing in, etc). I've been in the hobby just over a year and have been lucky enough to purchase 2 games NIB. I started small, worked my way up, and learned along the way. These things are 250 lbs of moving parts, so shit happens. I truly understand the frustration of some owners about the (lack of) quality control, especially with certain games, but it's part of the hobby.

The issue is it shouldn't be part of the hobby. A car has more moving parts than a pinball machine and I certainly expect that when I purchase a new car I'm not going to have to make repairs to it as soon as I pull out of the lot. Some people do enjoy working on cars and they add modifications or restore old cars which is similar to our hobby if you buy a project or older machine you should expect some repairs and if you want to add to it you can buy "Aftermarket Parts". But if I spend a large amount of money on anything new I have the expectation that it will function properly without my need to replace cut or repair anything.

#335 10 years ago
Quoted from 85vett:

Sorry, Quoting doesn't work on this machine.
Tron1969 - Have you bought a new car before? I've bought 5 brand new cars in my lifetime and I've only had one not need to go in for service work. 2 of those cars were in the shop 3 times in one year for different issues. My dad just bought a new truck and it's been in the shop twice in 6 months. Probally just a bad example. I get what you and others are saying but I've not found anything that comes new anymore, that that requires any type of precision, that doesn't experience some issues. This doesn't mean each example has issues, just means that a portion of the output has issues.
It's sad to say but I truely feel that is the biggest problem in general now (now just pinball) is the quality of work just isn't there anymore. I've got electronics that I bought in the 80's that still work great while I have electronics I bought 2 years ago crapping out allready. A lot of peope don't take pride in their work and thus push out low quality work these days.

Yes I have bought several and have had no major issues - especially the day I drove it off the lot. Maybe you are missing something? Are you saying the day they handed you the keys to your new car you had to pull back in the dealership immediately that day and have major work done to your new car? There is a lemon law for that if thats the case. The point of this example was to state people are having these issues the day they pulled the machine out of the box brand new.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Cabinet - Decals
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 255.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Haus

$ 135.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 10.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 27.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 64.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 79.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 115.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 29.99
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PR Mods

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 29.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 79.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Arcade Upkeep

4,950 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
White Oak, PA
$ 60.00
Tools
Performance Pinball

$ 26.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

€ 48.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Kami's Pinball Parts

5,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Allentown, PA
$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider tron1969.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/man-avengers-sucks-soooo-bad-what-happened?tu=tron1969 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.