16122690034323840544984165683972 (resized).jpg
20210123_235108 (resized).jpg
20210123_235512 (resized).jpg
20210123_234913 (resized).jpg
20201016_214051 (resized).jpg
20201016_182414 (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).png
20201010_170147 (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Sonic.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 3 years ago

Sonic & blubboman with M&M Creations here...we just wanted to say thanks for all your patronage in 2020; especially given that our sales are 100% based upon word of mouth testimonials from the pinball community.

We began by making replacement OEM MRS' for the 7 WMS pins that they originated: Revenge From Mars NBA Fastbreak Safe Cracker Cirqus Voltaire Star Wars Episode I Cactus Canyon No Good Gofers. From there, because of my love for Creature from the Black Lagoon we made custom MRS' for nearly every pin that had a bowl: Mustang (Pro) Taxi Diner Transporter the Rescue Cactus Canyon . Then came our foray into custom ramp MRS' for Taxi Indiana Jones: The Pinball Adventure The Shadow Pirates of the Caribbean culminating in a universal MRS for all plastic ramps which our customers put onto various homebrew projects, The Machine: Bride of Pinbot Pinbot Who Dunnit High Speed Mousin' Around! and others.

Lately, we've been working on rollover solutions for Rob Zombie's Spookshow International & Rick and Morty (Standard) and we took on a couple side projects to reproduce the PRISM tool for Revenge From Mars & Star Wars Episode I and a tricky endeavor to reproduce the upper playfield chute for Swords of Fury .

Frankly, we didn't think we'd be doing much beyond the OEM MRS and the Creech whirlpool.....but here we are. The most fun we've had has been resolving problems - bothersome switches that are either prone to fail or perhaps oversighted in their design.

Well, now this thread is getting too long - again, appreciate your patronage and the pinball community - we are happy to make a contribution to it - albeit in our own small way.

Matt & Dan
M&M Creations

#3 3 years ago
Quoted from tomtest:

Congrats on a great product.

Thanks! Glad to hear your OEM and Diner MRS' are doing their job!

#5 3 years ago
Quoted from Roostking:

No idea what you make, but upvote for the positivity! Keep doing, what you do..

Sorry about that! We primarily make MRS' - magnetic reed switches - these are contactless switches that appeared initially in some WMS & Sega pins in the 90's....they went unobtainium a long time ago so not only did we reproduce the originals, but we expanded on the technology and customized them for more prolific applications.

Matt

#9 3 years ago
Quoted from Manny65:

Great products and dealing with Matt has been a pleasure, so for anyone out there that is undecided my advice is you won't be disappointed.
Thanks Matt and M&M Creations!!

Thanks! Glad you are enjoying your Shadow MRS!!

#11 3 years ago
Quoted from HeavyMetalPoet:

The MRS That the boys at M&M Creations made for the maelstrom ramp for my POTC works flawlessly each and every time and is completely hidden! Just what I was looking for! Excellent work! Thanks guys!

Thanks so much Brent! Hey, if you get a sec - post a pic - other than during development - we've seen none of the POTC applications so far....

Matt

#13 3 years ago
Quoted from PinRob:

How about a link to the products you offer and some pics too, might help in making a few more sales.

Sure thing - any particular pin you are looking for? Since we have so many MRS variations - we post pics/testimonials in the various Forum pin club pages - it's more effective to do it this way since the owners of said pins immediately understand the application or need....

Matt

#16 3 years ago
Quoted from epeabs:

M&M Creations has been awesome. What a great product and Matt has been awesome to work with on the RZ upper playfield switch. And they are open to working on unsolved issues. Highly recommend them.
[quoted image]

Thanks Erik! Don't forget to get the matching rollover installed - make that upper playfield look purdy!

Matt

#18 3 years ago
Quoted from jeffspinballpalace:

MRS for CFTBL whirlpool is a must. I used one many years ago and it was exactly what was needed. Now that I know you’ve fit one for JJPOTC, I’ll be ordering.

Yeah, that one is one of our most recent (take a look at the JJPOTC forum)....we didn't know about the Maelstrom ramp aesthetic issue - that is kind of an ugly design - a customer of ours approached asking for a better solution, so we modified our ramp MRS and it adheres right below where the plastic ramp transitions to the wireform - very well hidden - registers every time...

Matt
M&M Creations

#19 3 years ago
Quoted from PinRob:

WPC Judge Dredd, possible subway switch replacement

Hi PinRob - yep, Judge Dredd (the only pin I let go and want back) I'm familiar with the plastic subway underneath - I think there are 2 switches if I remember correctly - either way - we have a universal ramp MRS that replaces those - you simply stick the MRS to the subway - and plug in the connector - it's that simple! Take a look below at the pic from a Who Dunnit for conceptualization....that's an earlier model - the new ones are about 33% smaller than that (which were small to begin with)....

Matt
M&M Creations

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png
#22 3 years ago

PinRob Sorry about that....simply PM me for payment details (we take PayPal & Venmo) and for discussion on your application!

Thanks!

Matt
M&M Creations

#23 3 years ago
Quoted from Calfdemon:

So these switches are pretty much universal replacements for the rollover type switches that come with most games? Aside from the occasional custom fit of course, but I mean they will work as plug and play replacements if it will fit?
I have a subway switch in my ACNC that I feel is questionable. It seems to register sometimes and other times not. I have tried to adjust it every way I can but it still seems to be hit and miss. These switches work in a manner that it detects the ball rolling over it and registers? I am wondering if replacing it with one of these will make a difference.
And I have an R&M coming soon so depending on the spot where your switch is used, I may end up getting one there if I have the problem that some have reported. I also have a JD, but I don't think I have ever had a problem with my subway switches on that machine.

Calfdemon Rollovers, ramps, bowls, gates.....really anything...yep we design them for plug & play, but some may require a simple solder-splice....so far in 80's/90's DE and WMS pins...Stern, Spooky (both PinHeck and PROC systems), JJP, Homebrew stuff....for your ACNC it could make a difference - we can discuss....it detects the proximity of the ball more so than rolling over it....for your R&M - we created some rollover variations because of a design flaw that allows too much room for the pinball to get 'past' the playfield rollover in a tight orbit section....just PM me...let's see what we can do!

Matt
M&M Creations

#25 3 years ago
Quoted from epeabs:

Already done Matt. Just couldn't find my pictures until now. Erik
[quoted image][quoted image]

It's a thing of beauty!!

3 weeks later
#28 3 years ago
Quoted from ForwardToThePast:

Hey Matt,
I have another spot where a MRS might be useful. It's regarding a rollover switch on ACNC that is supposed to detect the left ramp Frankenstein monster left lock. Whenever I feed the ball manually, it works fine, but in actual game play it either jumps over the switch or rolls over it too fast or something more than 50% of the time.
I have monkied around with the switch to try and give it more travel, but to no avail. I've seen other comments regarding this problem so I know I'm not the only one.
Any interest in making an MRS solution? The switch is on the upper PF in a tight area, so I'm not sure whether a custom solution would be needed or not
--Cory
[quoted image]

Anything is possible.....but without an ACNC to reference (heck there may only be one in my state)....we'd need more pics - possibly talk on the phone to get some more details about where an MRS could go - it looks like the location where the switch is now is within a metal guide - which would not bode well for the MRS - so perhaps somewhere further along the ball path where it gets into the plastic ramp is doable....shoot me a call when you get your order that just shipped - and let's figure this out...

Matt
M&M Creations

#31 3 years ago
Quoted from Schwaggs:

There is this switch plate in front of Hulk on Avengers. It is on a rocking mechanism with a microswitch underneath. The pivot creates a lip that catches the ball and has frustrated MANY an Avengers owner. The rocking plate is made up of a thin metal plate with the attached decal over the metal plate. Can I use one of your ramp sensors under the metal plate or would I need to replace it with a non-ferrous material?
If I need to replace it, will 1/4" thick acrylic be too thick?
Can you PM me the details to purchase one of the ramp sensors (there isn't a switch slot there) so I can try it out if you think it will work? I often thought Stern should have used an eddy sensor there. Yours seems like a good alternative!
[quoted image]

Go ahead and PM me - I'm about a week out with orders before I can take a look deeper- but that said, correct - non-ferrous is a must - 1/4" of acrylic is no problemo....if you could replace it with something like acrylic - then you are in business.....

Matt

M&M Creations

#35 3 years ago

That's a solution we may already have - shoot me a PM - i'll get you on the list

9 months later
#42 2 years ago
Quoted from TigerLaw:

I was just reading someone selling a R&M comment on having these mods to “rip the inner loop” better. I hadn’t heard of this mod before, any other R&M using it?

Head on over to the R&M club and you can read much testimony on the mod - the rollover MRS' for R&M are, by far, our biggest seller.....

You'll see pics and such....nothing fancy, just contactless rollover switches that replace the originals...

matt
m&m creations
"we don't touch your balls...."

5 months later
#45 1 year ago
Quoted from Oise64:

Great products and they do the jobb nicely
I installed 2(MRS)on my creature ,one(1) on Elvira and the party monsters .
A little bit tricky finding a god location for the MRS,now bouth my machines work's perfectly.
Thanks guys
Cheers from Norway
Jean

Glad to be of help Jean - really cleans up the look on the ramps!

Matt
M&M Creations

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Sonic.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/mampm-creations-says-thank-you?tu=Sonic and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.