IMG_2903 (resized).jpeg
IMG20230723140952 (resized).jpg
IMG_5904 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5902 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5901 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5900 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0544 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0542 (resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Sonic.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 2 years ago

After 2 years in business, we thought it good to finally present a catalog of sorts for everyone (sorry it took so long!).

All MRS' are currently available...prices are either $30/ea or $35/ea...shipping is $5 domestically (does not include insurance) and varies to internationally......

First up is our first product....the Williams OEM MRS. This replacement OEM MRS was featured in the following WMS pins: NGG, SC, RFM, SWEP1, NBAFB, CV & CC.
oem (resized).pngoem (resized).png

#2 2 years ago

Next is the Sega OEM MRS'. These replacement OEM MRS' were featured in the following SEGA pins: SJ and SWT - it was also used as a fix for the Maverick paddle wheel.

sega1 (resized).pngsega1 (resized).pngsega2 (resized).pngsega2 (resized).png
#3 2 years ago

Here the universal plastic ramp MRS is pictured. It can be used in nearly any Williams, Bally, Midway, Sega, Data East, Spooky, Capcom, Gottlieb (and so on) plastic ramp. It self adheres.

ramp (resized).pngramp (resized).png
#4 2 years ago

Another popular MRS is the bowl MRS. Custom fits the following pins: CFTBL, TTTR, Mustang, DE_GNR, Diner, Taxi and JY - it also fits the WMS_IJ plastic ramp to wireform ramp transition. Each is technically unique but look similar - hence one picture.

bowl_image (resized).pngbowl_image (resized).png
#5 2 years ago

In the same vain, but a little different look , is the bowl MRS for Cactus Canyon. It can self-adhere like the bowls or fasten via a bolt and an unused hex standoff on the pin.

cc_image (resized).pngcc_image (resized).png
#6 2 years ago

The most recent MRS is for Xenon - the tube ramp switch (which is unobtainium). Looks similar to the universal ramp - but is curved lengthwise to fit the tube.

xenon (resized).pngxenon (resized).png
#7 2 years ago

Now get into the universal rollover for all Gottlieb, Stern, WMS, DE, SEGA, Spooky, JJP, Bally, Midway, Capcom (and so on) pins.

rollover (resized).pngrollover (resized).png
#9 2 years ago

Another rollover variation is used in various shooter lanes like TOTAN, the skill shot lane for TZ, and other pins where the mounting tab needs to be to the side.
rollover_shooter_skill (resized).pngrollover_shooter_skill (resized).png

#10 2 years ago

One last rollover is the universal star rollover for dozens of 70's and 80's pins from all manufacturers. Take off the leaf switch - stick on the MRS and leave the white star in place....

starrollover (resized).pngstarrollover (resized).png
#11 2 years ago

Now let's get into the weird shit: The TOTAN 'cobra' - used up by the vertical magnet that transitions into the wireform ramp.

cobra (resized).pngcobra (resized).png
#12 2 years ago

Similarly is the DE_SW "omi" goes up on the wireform at the back of the pin!
omri (resized).pngomri (resized).png

#13 2 years ago

And one of our biggest sellers....that frustrating left diverter to right ramp switch for Shadow!

sahdow (resized).pngsahdow (resized).png
#14 2 years ago

All Rollover MRS', the Cobra & Omri MRS' are $35/ea
All other MRS' are $30/ea

Shipping domestically is $5. Shipping to AU, CA or Europe varies.

PM if interested, questions or to order!

Matt & Dan
M&M Creations
"We don't touch your balls.....

#15 2 years ago

This bizarre solution is for ACNC - the right orbit rollover was misplaced in a very wide lane making registration unreliable. This solution mounts above the orbit lane on the bottom of the ramp above.

ACNC (resized).pngACNC (resized).png
#16 2 years ago

Another rollover is unique to the BK2K upper playfield. There are 6 total on the upper playfield.

bk2k (resized).pngbk2k (resized).png
#17 2 years ago

Another quasi-universal rollover is this little guy that fits in long playfield slots where you may find 2 or more rollovers all ganged together.
doublerollover (resized).pngdoublerollover (resized).png

#20 2 years ago
Quoted from TaTa:

Interesting...All in on the Shadow Switch

That was one of our first products - we both have Shadow and felt the pain - that was the first MRS that began to stray away from a conventional 'block' design.

1 month later
#29 2 years ago
Quoted from Mbecker:

Ordered a set of the generic inlane/ outlane slot switch replacements and installed them on my homebrew this weekend — they work perfect, really happy with them!

Love to hear it Mike!!

Matt
M&M Creations

1 week later
#31 2 years ago
Quoted from swinks:

like your work, lots of variations, well done

Thanks man! I tell ya - it took a solid year of experimentation for 2 engineers just to figure out how to make them...they are deceptively complex....and finicky as hell....but we got there...

Matt

1 week later
#33 2 years ago
Quoted from grantopia:

Just installed the left ramp to right diverter replacement on my Shadow and it plays like a whole new game. Took 2 minutes to install and no more missed ramps and skill shots. Super elegant solution...wouldn't hesitate to recommend or buy again!

Thanks man!!

Matt
M&M Creations

3 weeks later
#36 2 years ago
Quoted from Elicash:

I bought the Taxi switch for the skill shot bowl.
I highly recommend this!
Fits great. Works perfectly. Really a nice solution to common Taxi issue where it is hard to get enough revolutions in the skill shot.
By installing the switch, you can eliminate any “drag” the traditional switch causes that may slow down ball on skill shot. I have owned a couple years now. This is a good product.

Thanks for the kind words boys!

Matt
M&M Creations

#39 2 years ago
Quoted from crujones4life:

Do you have a switch for the u turn shot on Mando? The shot is so important and too many times the switch does not actuate. Many complaints on Mando thread. Can you help us Mando owners out?

I've had 2 inquires about this to date P1nhead and JonCBrand - no orders.....we do have a solution - it's pretty straightforward - a standard rollover MRS.....

Matt
M&M Creations

#41 2 years ago
Quoted from Jump:

Deleted —> wrong topic, sorry

No problem - you still ordered some MRS' anyway : )

Thanks Andre!

Matt
M&M Creations

#44 2 years ago
Quoted from play_pinball:

Finally got around to installing my Shadow left ramp MRS. It'll be at TPF!

Very nice!!! Thank you!!

Matt
M&M Creations

#45 2 years ago
Quoted from TheOnlyest:

Dumb question but, all the neon colors are for illustration purposes? all the switches come black like the Diner one I got from your very first batch?
If those rollovers fit and work well in B/W system 11 & WPC games, I think you may very well change the whole world of pinball!! Especially when it comes to the handful of games with rollover wireforms that are unobtainium!

Correct - they are in black....we do the color stuff for visualization - and you are correct about rollovers - we have built nearly 1000 so far...it's been nuts!!

Matt
M&M Creations

1 week later
#49 2 years ago
Quoted from bartron:

I have bought both the Shadow and the Creature reed switches. No ball hang on Shadow and a minimum 5 spins on Creech
Fantastic products
Buy with confidence

Only 5?!? Mine is 12-13!! So to do that - remember to level the bowl (left to right), raise the front to back as level as you can and still slide the glass....and lastly you can adjust the wireform into the bowl to maximize trajectory....do those things and I think you'll double your current count....it so cool when it goes around 10x's!

Matt

#53 2 years ago
Quoted from hank527:

Definitely need some. Did you do anything for Iron Maiden?

Sure can - just send me a PM and tell where on IM you have a problem...

Matt
M&M Creations

3 weeks later
#55 2 years ago
Quoted from tktlwyr:

I recently installed a universal rollover on the problematic upper, right orbit on my AFMr. After trying multiple switches and incessant tweaking, this is the only solution that has been 100%! I’m giving my second one to friend who has the same issue that I HAD.
Hats off to the M&M Creations crew![quoted image]

Sorry for the delay in response...I didn't see the post until now...thanks for the testimonial my friend - I love to read about success!!

Thanks for your patronage.

Matt & Dan
M&M Creations

#58 2 years ago
Quoted from underlord:

Cannot find website or store link.

We sell directly... Just PM me....

Thanks!

Matt

#59 2 years ago
Quoted from Kevlar51:

Here’s the best endorsement I can give—I had the same issues on my AFM as tktlwyr with the right orbit. Just installed a couple universal MRS rollovers and it not only solved it, but on my very first game with them I ruled the universe—first time ever for me!

Awesome testimonial...I wish it was the magic of MRS'.... But it is your skill.... Maybe we should call them MaRS'.....

Matt

1 week later
#63 1 year ago
Quoted from LORDDREK:

For custom or homebrew applications how close does the sensor face need to be? Could you get away with hiding it under the playfield with maybe an 1/8” of wood between?

3mm.... No problem!

Matt

2 weeks later
#66 1 year ago
Quoted from Vitty:

Tried installing one of these on the right loop shot on stranger things as it has a tendancy to not register. Every time the coil fires to move the demogorgan it trips this MRS switch. I can only surmise that there is an EM field around the coil and the switch is close enough in proximity to trip. Anyone experience this yet? Other than this it is awesome and registers every time. Wish I could find a way around this to use it.

As explained in email....you bought it for Rush - which is set for a very sensitive detection (8mm) - for ST - we likely would have set it for 6mm (the nominal MRS sensitivity setting).... the less sensitive detection, less sensitive to EMI....so try rotating it in it's slot 180degrees first...and then let's see some pics of what you are looking at. We've not sold an MRS for ST before - so this is the first application we've addressed. You may require some shielding tape...or a less sensitive MRS.

Matt
M&M Creations

3 weeks later
#74 1 year ago
Quoted from Pin-Bob:

I'm thinking I can make one of the universal switches work for the rocket ramp on Party Zone, which has very finicky switch placement. Anyone do that yet? There should be enough room to stick it on the side of the ramp. Are they a simple two wire hookup? Diode, no diode?

Just PM me a pic of the location and we can tell your for sure if our MRS would work...and you don't have to worry about the diode...we likely would need you to tell us how long the lead wires are and to check if it is terminated into a 2-pin Molex - but what you would get is something that will self-adhere to the ramp and plug & play away...

matt
M&M Creations

#77 1 year ago
Quoted from pindel:

Perfect solution for the star rollover’s. Especially with new playfields where the star will not move freely no mater what you do. This fixed Eight Ball Deluxe.
[quoted image]

Great pic!! Thanks for the thumbs up!

Matt

#78 1 year ago
Quoted from grantopia:

Did the same with my EBD about 2 weeks ago because the roll over was either not registering, or being too sensitive when adjusted and registering off pop bumper hits. Problem solved!

Thanks for the testimonial!!

Matt

1 week later
#86 1 year ago
Quoted from Nhpolarbear:

Easy to do business with and fast delivery. I purchased as a backup to my xenon game. It can be a very finicky switch and also is something you would have to engineer if the wire form were to break.
I still would like to hear from someone who actually installed in a Xenon or any other Bally SS issue from 77-81.

Hi George, feel free to contact Kderrick jbovenzi mrm_4 for feedback - they've purchased MRS' for their Xenon's....

Matt

#88 1 year ago

Oh yeah , those button rollovers - forgot about those....it's unlikely, but got a pic from below you can share?

Matt

1 month later
#90 1 year ago
Quoted from Lobo2k:

I have that exact problem.... except mine never register no matter what, if it goes left to right. Right to left works about 4/5 shots. Very frustrating, I took it apart, looks fine. Can't figure out what the issue is. Worked fine for 200+ games now never works.

We sure do...for both Hallo and Ultra Man...yes...

Just PM me

Matt

#93 1 year ago
Quoted from Hypercoaster:

Do you think it will ever be possible to replace optos with these? Like say in ST TNG?

It is.... The functionality is already possible... It's the implementation that will require the effort... How to fit an MRS into a location that had a vastly different approach to detect a ball..... So each opto application may require a unique body design

1 month later
#97 1 year ago
Quoted from broada:

On a similar note, have you all looked at developing MRS spinners? Would be great to be able to swap out arm-switch spinners for something that freely spins like opto spinners do.

We have been....it's a little technically tricky - but it's on the list of things to develop!

Matt

2 months later
#99 1 year ago
Quoted from waletboy:

Installed switches on my Pinbot ramp and they work great! No more issues!
[quoted image][quoted image]

Thanks man!!!

2 months later
#105 1 year ago

Just call me (you should have my number, it's on all of our instructions - if not PM me for it)....I don't show record of your purchase of star rollovers in the past - so I'm at a loss as to what you have....so just hit me up...our tech support is exemplary...

Matt

#108 1 year ago
Quoted from cmdestin:

Hi can I buy a Lebowski scoop switch?

You certainly can...... Just PM for logistics.... Thanks

Matt

#110 1 year ago
Quoted from izzy:

Hi, do you know if your switch works with the LollyPops board?

Depends on the application in particular - but yes!

#112 1 year ago

I can't see why it should be an issue - if you can snap some pics and PM me with them - I can be double-sure!

Matt

#114 1 year ago
Quoted from Crazysurfkid:

WHY have I only just seen these?! Looks an amazing solution.

We've been making them, going on, 3 years now!

#116 1 year ago

Sorry - no plans - but feel free to PM for anything you may need...Creech, Godzilla, Shadow

Matt

4 weeks later
#121 1 year ago

Magnets are indeed a part of an MRS construction....they are used to keep the reed in stasis....

Matt

#123 1 year ago

Depends on many factors including physical size of the MRS as well as sensitivity, and spatial proximity in each axis...practical purposes they can be right next to each other....

Matt

3 weeks later
#127 11 months ago
Quoted from usul27:

Any chance to see these for the LOTR sword ramp?

Sure... What is the problem with you ramp?

Matt

1 month later
#130 10 months ago
Quoted from riggy469:Have you guys figured out if you have any design that will function properly to replace the three sanctum lock switches?

Not yet, but it's on the whiteboard still...

Matt

1 week later
#132 9 months ago
pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png
#133 9 months ago
Quoted from Sonic:

[quoted image]

I had to....Magic aside, it's simply embedded in the internal circuit...

Matt

2 weeks later
#138 9 months ago
Quoted from AMartin56:

Any plans for something to replace the left ramp entrance opto on Stern Jurassic Park? The ball goes slightly airborne at times and fails to break the full opto beam. People are blocking the bottom half of the opto with tape etc.

You certainly can.... You simply have to interface the MRS to the opto board switch matrix connection.... Which others have done in Jurassic Park for other locations..... Otherwise the MRS simply adheres to the ramp entrance.... You then splice the 2 wires.....

Matt

#141 9 months ago
Quoted from audihere:

I want to buy a magnetic reed switch for the upper right orbit rollover switch on Spooky TNA. Which one do I need and how to I order it?

Just PM me.... I'll take your order

Matt

#142 9 months ago

Experiment complete.....MRS for spinner - Airborne, a success! Mach 99 is now possible : )

Click link for video....

https://photos.app.goo.gl/wsvDHcUTkidGXsgJA
IMG20230723140952 (resized).jpgIMG20230723140952 (resized).jpg

#144 9 months ago
Quoted from Sonic:

Experiment complete.....MRS for spinner - Airborne, a success! Mach 99 is now possible : )

Click link for video....
https://photos.app.goo.gl/wsvDHcUTkidGXsgJA
[quoted image]

#146 9 months ago
Quoted from tgarrett09:

If you can ever figure out how to make a replacement switch for the terrible spoon switches on the Iron Maiden newton balls you would make a whole lot of owners very happy!

I have not heard of this before.... Do you have pics to share?

#149 9 months ago

Ahh....same as a pop....we can look at this - but don't hold your hopes....this would be very tricky to MRS.....

Matt

#151 9 months ago

Different design - but it can, of course...we are looking at that....

Matt

#154 8 months ago
Quoted from broada:

Great work on this! Hard to tell how the drag compares to a standard spinner - does this rival an opto spinner?

Most definitely does...it's frankly surprising....and, guess what we did today....Tales From The Crypt got it's MRS spinner today! Game takes 3, but man they are tricky to get to!

Matt

#156 8 months ago
Quoted from KoolFingers:

How do you order these? Did not see a website anywhere.

You simply PM me my man.....

Matt

1 week later
#161 8 months ago
Quoted from slochar:

There should be less drag on the spinner itself so it would spin more.
This will vary though depending on the game if its able to keep up - gottlieb system 1 can't when you change a plastic spinner to the metal type. Other early games might have issues as well... needs to be tested.

Yep...and on Airborne - I love to hit Mach 3 on that spinner - and with the conventional setup - there was too much drag - the spins improve about 50% from some very simple observations I've made by eliminating the physical connection....

Matt

#162 8 months ago
Quoted from Oneangrymo:

Can these switches be used to replace that ugly switch on my TS CE next to bo peep? (left ramp?)

I'm not too familiar with TS...message me a pic if you can - or post here a pic - let's see what you got....

Matt

2 weeks later
#163 8 months ago

2 of the 3 spinners in tftc are now MRS! Doing this increased the spins over 100%.....

IMG20230816193336 (resized).jpgIMG20230816193336 (resized).jpgIMG20230816193415 (resized).jpgIMG20230816193415 (resized).jpg
4 months later
#166 3 months ago
Quoted from The_Director:

Our Bond opto 77 in the back for the jet pack ramp started being spotty. We reflowed and it’d come back for awhile and then just went out completely. Anyway, you can’t find the opto set (also used in Mando) to save your life. MRS came to the rescue and it works like a charm!
[quoted image][quoted image]

Very cool.... Thanks for the opportunity to help....

Matt

2 months later
#168 53 days ago
Quoted from MR-808:

Have you considered casting the star rollover switches in translucent plastic to reduce the shadow on the insert?

Negative, simply because you'd still have the components and epoxy that would cast a shadow from beneath...plus quite a few folks put the plastic star back in place - which largely obscures the MRS as well...

2 weeks later
#170 34 days ago

Possible - for the turn - it looks like it would have to be over the top...is that gate directional though - meaning is it affecting the ball travel differently one direction versus the other? Also, are the ball guides there magnetic?

For the ball lock would need to see a pic from underneath to properly assess...

#172 33 days ago
Quoted from sethbenjamin:

No; the gate registers that you made the shot from either direction. My thought was that you could stick the magnet under the gate. If there needed to be more clearance for the ball with the mag switch under the gate, the gate could always be raised some.
The ball guides in my machine are reproductions and are non-ferrous. So they won’t interfere with the mag switch.
Here’s a pic from underneath the ball lock. It’s kind of a cluster fudge, but there are 3 switches - one for the saucer and 2 more that register from metal armatures for the 2nd and 3rd locked balls.
My initial thought was to keep the first switch standard, but to try to use mag switches in the other 2 spaces. Could the rollover style mag switches be used here?

No pic attached?

For the gate - how wide is it there and is the gate magnetic itself? If not - we indeed may be able to put something underneath it....thus one other measurement - what is the gap from the top of the ball, to the bottom of the gate...

Matt

#174 33 days ago

So we do have something that can go over head - it has a hole for a bolt on one side and would span across over the top - you'd kill the gate/bracket entirely....at the side it would bolt to - you would put a hex spacer or similar post to allow the MRS to go up/down for optimal detection you typically want a good 5mm between the ball and MRS....the gate as it sits now (being magnetic first off) offers no space for an MRS... if the ball is 1-1/16" that leaves 5/16" for the MRS to fit ( the MRS is 4/16") so no clearance at all....

The ball lock we've seen before in other pins and MRS' have been utilized - we have small MRS's that typically fit (it would be 2) in that long slot - can you verify how long that slot is? There are diodes on both as well as the gate?

Matt

1 week later
#176 23 days ago

I think we have a solution to all three switches....the leaf on the cup has to remain of course...but the others for the gate and slot - I think we have MRS'.....

Matt

#178 23 days ago
Quoted from SLCpunk2113:

Do you make a shooter lane switch? Seems like one of the most important switches in any game and they’re always getting bent out of shape or making it so the ball doesn’t rest correctly on the auto launch forks and or shooter rod tip.

We do.... But can depend on the pin

#180 19 days ago

Likely....just would need a pic to get a look at the what's going on's from underneath....we've done shooters for other spooky pins - so likely no different...I seem to recall someone in the past asking...maybe we even did it...but I'd have to peruse my records to see - it certainly would have been one time at best....

Matt

1 week later
#183 11 days ago
Quoted from ViperJelly:

I think Labyrinth is a great candidate for your switches Matt. They did wonders for my R&M and I see some hang ups in Labyrinth that would be eliminated with your solution. I would buy a set for sure. If you need pics or anything else please let me know.
John

Please send along pics both topside and bottom side of the locations... Let's take a look...

Matt

#184 11 days ago
Quoted from Spunky1562:

Do have anything for Batman Forever?

Sure... Just depends on what location on the pin....

Matt

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Sonic.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/mampm-creations-mrs-catalog?tu=Sonic and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.