IMG_2903 (resized).jpeg
IMG20230723140952 (resized).jpg
IMG_5904 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5902 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5901 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5900 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0544 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0542 (resized).jpeg
There are 184 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 4.
#52 2 years ago

Definitely need some. Did you do anything for Iron Maiden?

#53 2 years ago
Quoted from hank527:

Definitely need some. Did you do anything for Iron Maiden?

Sure can - just send me a PM and tell where on IM you have a problem...

Matt
M&M Creations

2 weeks later
#54 2 years ago

I recently installed a universal rollover on the problematic upper, right orbit on my AFMr. After trying multiple switches and incessant tweaking, this is the only solution that has been 100%! I’m giving my second one to friend who has the same issue that I HAD.

Hats off to the M&M Creations crew!

D23DF107-BE9A-4DD7-AE7D-D86A6505089D (resized).jpegD23DF107-BE9A-4DD7-AE7D-D86A6505089D (resized).jpeg
#55 2 years ago
Quoted from tktlwyr:

I recently installed a universal rollover on the problematic upper, right orbit on my AFMr. After trying multiple switches and incessant tweaking, this is the only solution that has been 100%! I’m giving my second one to friend who has the same issue that I HAD.
Hats off to the M&M Creations crew![quoted image]

Sorry for the delay in response...I didn't see the post until now...thanks for the testimonial my friend - I love to read about success!!

Thanks for your patronage.

Matt & Dan
M&M Creations

#56 2 years ago

Here’s the best endorsement I can give—I had the same issues on my AFM as tktlwyr with the right orbit. Just installed a couple universal MRS rollovers and it not only solved it, but on my very first game with them I ruled the universe—first time ever for me!

#57 2 years ago
Quoted from Sonic:

After 2 years in business, we thought it good to finally present a catalog of sorts for everyone (sorry it took so long!).
All MRS' are currently available...prices are either $30/ea or $35/ea...shipping is $5 domestically (does not include insurance) and varies to internationally......
First up is our first product....the Williams OEM MRS. This replacement OEM MRS was featured in the following WMS pins: NGG, SC, RFM, SWEP1, NBAFB, CV & CC.
[quoted image]

Cannot find website or store link.

#58 2 years ago
Quoted from underlord:

Cannot find website or store link.

We sell directly... Just PM me....

Thanks!

Matt

#59 2 years ago
Quoted from Kevlar51:

Here’s the best endorsement I can give—I had the same issues on my AFM as tktlwyr with the right orbit. Just installed a couple universal MRS rollovers and it not only solved it, but on my very first game with them I ruled the universe—first time ever for me!

Awesome testimonial...I wish it was the magic of MRS'.... But it is your skill.... Maybe we should call them MaRS'.....

Matt

#60 2 years ago

Installed Matt's switch on the mando u turn, works like a champ, no more missed hits. Thanks again

#61 2 years ago
Quoted from Charger68:

Installed Matt's switch on the mando u turn, works like a champ, no more missed hits. Thanks again

Absolutely perfect solution for this shot!

1 week later
#62 1 year ago

For custom or homebrew applications how close does the sensor face need to be? Could you get away with hiding it under the playfield with maybe an 1/8” of wood between?

#63 1 year ago
Quoted from LORDDREK:

For custom or homebrew applications how close does the sensor face need to be? Could you get away with hiding it under the playfield with maybe an 1/8” of wood between?

3mm.... No problem!

Matt

#64 1 year ago

I wanted to say thanks to Matt and m&m creations. Just installed on my shadow and it's such a delight to see it register every single time.
I may add them to the switches on the orbits too, if I get good ripping shot on either orbit the ball can sneak around the switches, it doesn't happen as much as the dredded right side of left ramp but it happens enough to bug me.

IMG_20220503_164559566_HDR (resized).jpgIMG_20220503_164559566_HDR (resized).jpg
2 weeks later
#65 1 year ago

Tried installing one of these on the right loop shot on stranger things as it has a tendancy to not register. Every time the coil fires to move the demogorgan it trips this MRS switch. I can only surmise that there is an EM field around the coil and the switch is close enough in proximity to trip. Anyone experience this yet? Other than this it is awesome and registers every time. Wish I could find a way around this to use it.

#66 1 year ago
Quoted from Vitty:

Tried installing one of these on the right loop shot on stranger things as it has a tendancy to not register. Every time the coil fires to move the demogorgan it trips this MRS switch. I can only surmise that there is an EM field around the coil and the switch is close enough in proximity to trip. Anyone experience this yet? Other than this it is awesome and registers every time. Wish I could find a way around this to use it.

As explained in email....you bought it for Rush - which is set for a very sensitive detection (8mm) - for ST - we likely would have set it for 6mm (the nominal MRS sensitivity setting).... the less sensitive detection, less sensitive to EMI....so try rotating it in it's slot 180degrees first...and then let's see some pics of what you are looking at. We've not sold an MRS for ST before - so this is the first application we've addressed. You may require some shielding tape...or a less sensitive MRS.

Matt
M&M Creations

3 weeks later
#67 1 year ago

In working with Matt we got the switch working on Stranger Things for the burn it back shot. Huge upgrade replacing the rollover switch here and a key shot to have register to get that extra ball and 2x multiplier going. Just needed a magnetic shielding strip and it was good to go. Registers 100% of the time now! Thanks!!

IMG_2093 (resized).jpgIMG_2093 (resized).jpgIMG_2094 (resized).jpgIMG_2094 (resized).jpg
#68 1 year ago

I have one of M&M's switches on the ramp on my Space Shuttle. Its a great replacement for the goofy switch in the shuttle.

The repro ramp has a slight arch in it and I found a layer of foam mounting tape is needed to keep it attached to the underside.

#69 1 year ago

I'm almost disappointed that I don't have a game that needs one of these, I would love to use them but I just have no need at the moment! I don't own RZ anymore but I bet these would be great for the upper playfield rollover switches.

#70 1 year ago

That was one of the first games that used the slot rollover version of our switches. It's a very open space so the ball is likely to miss the traditional rollover switch while the wider detection range of the MRS sees the ball much more often. Plus the low profile of the MRS on the playfield underside isn't damaged by balls rolling underneath.

#71 1 year ago

I'm thinking I can make one of the universal switches work for the rocket ramp on Party Zone, which has very finicky switch placement. Anyone do that yet? There should be enough room to stick it on the side of the ramp. Are they a simple two wire hookup? Diode, no diode?

#72 1 year ago
Quoted from Pin-Bob:

I'm thinking I can make one of the universal switches work for the rocket ramp on Party Zone, which has very finicky switch placement. Anyone do that yet? There should be enough room to stick it on the side of the ramp. Are they a simple two wire hookup? Diode, no diode?

I have had Party Zone for 6 years this coming Sunday and have never had that switch not register. You talking about the ramp switch or the Ozone switch? The Ozone switch is a bitch to get to and is a problem for alot of owners. Replaced mine and all good for last 6 years.

Now I am not trying to talk you out of buying a MRS as they are amazing and I wish Stern would only use them in the future instead of roll over and roll under switches. I just don't think that switch is a normal problem spot.

#73 1 year ago
Quoted from crujones4life:

I have had Party Zone for 6 years this coming Sunday and have never had that switch not register. You talking about the ramp switch or the Ozone switch? The Ozone switch is a bitch to get to and is a problem for alot of owners. Replaced mine and all good for last 6 years.
Now I am not trying to talk you out of buying a MRS as they are amazing and I wish Stern would only use them in the future instead of roll over and roll under switches. I just don't think that switch is a normal problem spot.

My problem might be further down the chain. With the original switch the ozone would register about 40% of the time. I replaced the switch & now it registers about 70% of the time. Even so, that switch bracket isn't aligned properly. It puts the switch off to the side a bit instead of directly in the middle of the ramp.

#74 1 year ago
Quoted from Pin-Bob:

Just PM me a pic of the location and we can tell your for sure if our MRS would work...and you don't have to worry about the diode...we likely would need you to tell us how long the lead wires are and to check if it is terminated into a 2-pin Molex - but what you would get is something that will self-adhere to the ramp and plug & play away...

matt
M&M Creations

#75 1 year ago

Perfect solution for the star rollover’s. Especially with new playfields where the star will not move freely no mater what you do. This fixed Eight Ball Deluxe.

4BCFF4B6-1653-4D64-95E4-C49D027C30CB (resized).jpeg4BCFF4B6-1653-4D64-95E4-C49D027C30CB (resized).jpeg
#76 1 year ago
Quoted from pindel:

Perfect solution for the star rollover’s. Especially with new playfields where the star will not move freely no mater what you do. This fixed Eight Ball Deluxe.
[quoted image]

Did the same with my EBD about 2 weeks ago because the roll over was either not registering, or being too sensitive when adjusted and registering off pop bumper hits. Problem solved!

#77 1 year ago
Quoted from pindel:

[quoted image]

Great pic!! Thanks for the thumbs up!

Matt

#78 1 year ago
Quoted from grantopia:

Did the same with my EBD about 2 weeks ago because the roll over was either not registering, or being too sensitive when adjusted and registering off pop bumper hits. Problem solved!

Thanks for the testimonial!!

Matt

#79 1 year ago

I’d like to hear from someone who has installed the Xenon MRS.

#80 1 year ago

These are the coolest things. I have neve run into them before till my CC.

#81 1 year ago

Do you have any that have been sold or tested for the Halloween orbit shots? If the shot hits that orbit too fast it will miss one or both switches.

Also, what’s the install like for these? Solder connection or harness or splice?

#82 1 year ago
Quoted from NovaCade:

Do you have any that have been sold or tested for the Halloween orbit shots? If the shot hits that orbit too fast it will miss one or both switches.
Also, what’s the install like for these? Solder connection or harness or splice?

I’m pretty sure they just plug in

#83 1 year ago
Quoted from NovaCade:

Solder. At least for the Mando U turn.

1 week later
#84 1 year ago

I'd love to have alot of these for current and upcoming projects...but sadly way too expensive for the qty and exchange rate to Aud.

#85 1 year ago

Easy to do business with and fast delivery. I purchased as a backup to my xenon game. It can be a very finicky switch and also is something you would have to engineer if the wire form were to break.

I still would like to hear from someone who actually installed in a Xenon or any other Bally SS issue from 77-81.

#86 1 year ago
Quoted from Nhpolarbear:

Easy to do business with and fast delivery. I purchased as a backup to my xenon game. It can be a very finicky switch and also is something you would have to engineer if the wire form were to break.
I still would like to hear from someone who actually installed in a Xenon or any other Bally SS issue from 77-81.

Hi George, feel free to contact Kderrick jbovenzi mrm_4 for feedback - they've purchased MRS' for their Xenon's....

Matt

#87 1 year ago

Any chance there is an MRS solution for the 4 small buttons at the top of xenon?

#88 1 year ago

Oh yeah , those button rollovers - forgot about those....it's unlikely, but got a pic from below you can share?

Matt

1 month later
#89 1 year ago
Quoted from NovaCade:

I have that exact problem.... except mine never register no matter what, if it goes left to right. Right to left works about 4/5 shots. Very frustrating, I took it apart, looks fine. Can't figure out what the issue is. Worked fine for 200+ games now never works.

#90 1 year ago
Quoted from Lobo2k:

I have that exact problem.... except mine never register no matter what, if it goes left to right. Right to left works about 4/5 shots. Very frustrating, I took it apart, looks fine. Can't figure out what the issue is. Worked fine for 200+ games now never works.

We sure do...for both Hallo and Ultra Man...yes...

Just PM me

Matt

#91 1 year ago

Wanted to give a huge shout out to Matt for his support this week. I picked up a game that had one switch not functioning. I messaged Matt to discuss. Not only did he get back to me quickly, but it was late at night and we went through everything. A couple of days later and I have a new perfectly functioning switch in my game and I am back up and running. Top notch service. Thanks!

#92 1 year ago

Do you think it will ever be possible to replace optos with these? Like say in ST TNG?

#93 1 year ago
Quoted from Hypercoaster:

Do you think it will ever be possible to replace optos with these? Like say in ST TNG?

It is.... The functionality is already possible... It's the implementation that will require the effort... How to fit an MRS into a location that had a vastly different approach to detect a ball..... So each opto application may require a unique body design

#94 1 year ago

Hi George, feel free to contact Kderrick, jbovenzi, mrm_4 for feedback - they've purchased MRS' for their Xenon's....

Matt went beyond normal service just to make sure I received the answers to the questions I had about this product.

Special thanks to the 3 people above for getting back to me with photos and explanations. I was puzzled on how a magnetic switch could work with the metal ramps on a Xenon. Stupid me. I thought it would utilize the slot on the ramp. It’s actually attached to the tube. Boy I feel dumb.

If you have a problem switch Matt probably has the answer. Buy with confidence!

1 month later
#95 1 year ago
Quoted from Sonic:

It is.... The functionality is already possible... It's the implementation that will require the effort... How to fit an MRS into a location that had a vastly different approach to detect a ball..... So each opto application may require a unique body design

On a similar note, have you all looked at developing MRS spinners? Would be great to be able to swap out arm-switch spinners for something that freely spins like opto spinners do.

#96 1 year ago

Installed my behind the upper flipper one for Godzilla and have since not been screwed out of a skill shot or impostor award. Thanks @sonic!

#97 1 year ago
Quoted from broada:

On a similar note, have you all looked at developing MRS spinners? Would be great to be able to swap out arm-switch spinners for something that freely spins like opto spinners do.

We have been....it's a little technically tricky - but it's on the list of things to develop!

Matt

2 months later
#98 1 year ago

Installed switches on my Pinbot ramp and they work great! No more issues!

62E2BF88-A990-4260-9FE5-3B7E7660FC1F (resized).jpeg62E2BF88-A990-4260-9FE5-3B7E7660FC1F (resized).jpegD546D2BD-51F2-44C5-B833-3C4D9657D428 (resized).jpegD546D2BD-51F2-44C5-B833-3C4D9657D428 (resized).jpeg
#99 1 year ago
Quoted from waletboy:

Installed switches on my Pinbot ramp and they work great! No more issues!
[quoted image][quoted image]

Thanks man!!!

#100 1 year ago

Just installed some on a high speed for the star roll overs. Great product for a common problem.

23081BE9-D07D-4768-A3AD-341968A77A97 (resized).jpeg23081BE9-D07D-4768-A3AD-341968A77A97 (resized).jpeg8786169D-6309-4E07-9BED-8CADDA7196DD (resized).jpeg8786169D-6309-4E07-9BED-8CADDA7196DD (resized).jpeg
There are 184 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 4.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/mampm-creations-mrs-catalog/page/2?hl=nhpolarbear and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.