(Topic ID: 99194)

MAME Dream Home Arcade

By Jimmyd044

9 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

20140113_121614.jpg
    IMG_2293-352.JPG
    IMG_2297-297.JPG
    IMG_2295-888.JPG
    #1 9 years ago

I'm looking for a MAME or similar arcade for my gameroom. I spoke to a few members a couple of years ago about DHA options. Anyone have a DHA system that can provide a review? I know it's cheaper to build a MAME myself but I don't have the time or desire. Thanks in advance!

#2 9 years ago

Check out monsterarcades.com. I bought a bartop kit from them and did it myself, but they sell full systems as well, and I've really been impressed by their work.

#4 9 years ago

I'm looking to do the same. Not sure where to go aside from the x-arcade site.

#5 9 years ago

Dream home arcade is the best we love ours.

#6 9 years ago
    Quoted from Shado1w:

Dream home arcade is the best we love ours.

Share some pics if you can. Would like to hear more from current owners of DHA as I have been considering for awhile. Anyone get the light guns? Do they work well? Also curious about the cab decals they use, do they look good up close?

Thanks

#7 9 years ago

I have a 32in Dream Arcade and I think it is outstanding! I would not buy anything else and it was an easy choice after I compared their house software to the competitors. It is truly "turn key" and I just wish I had more time to play Punch Out and Karate Champ!

IMG_2297-297.JPGIMG_2297-297.JPGIMG_2295-888.JPGIMG_2295-888.JPGIMG_2293-352.JPGIMG_2293-352.JPG

#8 9 years ago
    Quoted from jalkelly:

Share some pics if you can. Would like to hear more from current owners of DHA as I have been considering for awhile. Anyone get the light guns? Do they work well? Also curious about the cab decals they use, do they look good up close?
    Thanks

They use the Aimtrak wired light guns now. I have the old wireless infrared guns and they work fine if the room is dark and there is no sunlight or other ambient light that causes interference. I have a few pics under my Pinside profile page of the DK Kong Off unit. The Donkey Kong side art is silk screened like the ones from This Old Game or someone similar that is respected in the arcade community. And David offers awesome customer service. Sent my 2TB hard drive back countless times for free updates. I requested he change the control panel graphics and restore a beat up Nintendo coin door I found online and install it with new coin mechs. I bought from DHA because it is a plug and play system all ready to go.

#9 9 years ago

I like my DHA. The light guns are somewhat disappointing though. It is an entirely different experience than the actual arcades, almost more like a Wii game where you follow the cursors instead of actually aim the guns. Also, some arcades do not function as their emulations just have not been done well yet. Gauntlet Legends was my boy's favorite and it is a turd on the DHA. That said, the thing is rock solid and I have had no issues with it. The game list is beyond anything I can get through with plenty of solid working titles.

20140113_121614.jpg20140113_121614.jpg
    1 year later
    #11 8 years ago

I've wanted to build a MAME system for a while too, and hook it up to a tiptonware system. Any recommendations?
    I'm torn between using a kit (complete newbie, so not sure how it would all work out) or buying a system like DHA (expensive)

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/mame-dream-home-arcade and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.