(Topic ID: 79399)

Update: Mama Ain't Happy! Will a pin fit in a Chevy Traverse?? Poll Added!

By BigB

10 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 17 posts
  • 15 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 10 years ago by BigB
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic poll

“Chevy Traverse or GMC Acadia?”

• Chevy Traverse 1 vote
      17%
    • GMC Acadia 3 votes
      50%
    • Screw it! I'm going thru manopause! Give me the Corvette Stingray! 2 votes
      33%

(6 votes by 0 Pinsiders)

#1 10 years ago

My wife deserves a new vehicle. She has driven her 2002 Buick Rendezvous into the ground. It has died a few times and I have been able to revive it time and time again. Well, it needs a lot of work done to it to make it safe to drive. Nothing major, but the little things add up and the cost to have everything repaired along with a new set of tires is almost the amount that the car is worth. I am tired of throwing money at it to keep it roadworthy. She drives an hour round trip to work each day and she deserves to drive something that is safe and makes her happy. She has a few demands and we have found that the 2014 Chevy Traverse might foot the bill. Does anyone know if a pin will fit inside? Seems like she could haul a house in her Rendezvous. I'm serious! She once hauled a 4x8 sheet of plywood inside of it with the doors and windows shut! Does anyone own one that can give me some real world feedback? We are going "car shopping" in the AM. Thanks!!! BigB

#3 10 years ago

They will fit both wide and narrow's.

It stretches 203.7 inches long, 78.5 inches wide and 69.9 inches tall.

from chevy website.

#4 10 years ago

Has anyone actually tried to haul a pin in one? I understand how to read the dimensions, but that doesn't mean that in reality, it will work. The opening isn't square, so there is some difference/variations in the numbers.

#5 10 years ago

Have you looked at the Ford Explorer? I spent a lot of time with the Traverse but ultimately went with an Explorer Limited.

#6 10 years ago

If you are going shopping, just bring your tape measurer with you and measure the openings. I ruled a lot of SUV's out because I couldn't fit a pin in them. the overall cargo space was big enough, but you couldn't fit it through the back opening! Can't help you with the Traverse, but instead of guessing or asking about every one, I'd just measure for myself if you are going to be at the dealer with a lot of options anyway....just measure the biggest pin you think you'd haul and go from there.....problem is now all these damn SUV's are sloping the roof lines and that makes the opening out back smaller! Good Luck!

Brian

#7 10 years ago

BigB,

a Chevy Traverse will most definitely haul a pin. The Traverse is on the same chassis/platform of the GM Lambda family, which includes the Buick Enclave, the GMC Acadia, and the Saturn Outlook (no longer made).

We've got an Outlook, and we LOVE it. I've hauled 4x8 sheets of drywall/plywood (with the liftgate open), and have hauled pins in it many times. With the 60% side 2nd and 3rd row down, we've even hauled a pin AND our two kids (13 and 11) in it at the same time.

Just know that the roofline of the Traverse/Enlcave dips a little in the back compared to an Acadia/Outlook, so a Traverse/Enclave won't fit a standard Stern NIB box, while an Acadia/Outlook will.

Later,
    EV

#8 10 years ago

Have a 2010 Traverse. It won't fit a NIB left in the box. Assume it will fit a standard pin out of the box.

Bought our new pins last summer. Two were delivered from Stern. One needed to be picked up from PinballLife.

Took one of the empty boxes from the two delivered by Stern and tried to fit it in the Traverse. No luck.

Rounded, upper part of opening in back wouldn't let corners of box through. At that moment, I wished I still had my Tahoe.

Edit: Updated my earlier comment to admit I've never actually tried to haul a pin out of the box, so I don't want to mislead there.

Post edited by kid_ego : Clarify previous statement

#9 10 years ago

New Jeep grand cherokee fits pins wide and narrow no problem

#10 10 years ago

I think Consumer Reports should test all SUV type vehicles to see if a Stern box and a pin out of the box will fit. They spend all their efforts evaluating safety, reliability, economy, etc.

#11 10 years ago

What I'm doing when I replace my current vehicle is just get whatever, and have a hitch installed. From that point on I'll be renting $20 U-Haul trailers per use, then you can handle multiples, not have to store a trailer, not wreck the inside of the vehicle and the rear bumper, and you can buy virtually any type of vehicle you want.

#12 10 years ago

BigB,

Unfortunately, I don't know. I know my brother had and older Traverse and I am pretty sure that we moved a pin with it...but I can't answer about the newer models.

Just a reminder, if everyone could fill help fill out the Pinwiki for vehicles that will move a machine it would be much appreciated...then we wouldn't have to continually re-ask these questions. If you don't want to set up an account so that you can edit, just drop me a line with what vehicle and I will do the edits myself.

http://www.pinwiki.com/wiki/index.php?title=Vehicles_for_Moving_Pinball_Machines

#13 10 years ago

Yes they will fit, I have a 2011 that has even hauled my old Demo Man and that was a wide body. The NIB it tight but my X-Men did fit while it was still in the box. The top corners had to be pushed down but it held it snug.

#14 10 years ago
    Quoted from EchoVictor:

A standard Stern NIB box will not fit in a Chevy Traverse.

Who has the money for a NIB pin after buying a brand new Traverse?

#15 10 years ago

Any time you buy a vehicle and wonder if a game will fit, check to make sure that the fold down seats fold down flat or at least don' ramp up so much that the game won't fit. I bought a Pacifica a while back and called the sales guy at the dealer to measure the opening of the hatchback. He did...life is good right? NOT! First time I tried to put a fullsize DMD in I found out the hard way that the slope of the folded down seats wouldn't allow the game to slide in and close the hatch. Bummer. It has since left the building (not because of that but because of the blindspots...wife just about got toasted merging onto the highway and didn't see the car in the lane she was heading toward)...gave me a good excuse to get back into a Town and Country van which is awesome to transport games in...

#16 10 years ago

I own a traverse and have moved my Cyclone and a handtruck w room to spare....frankly it is WHY
    I choose a Traverse!

#17 10 years ago

UPDATE: Hey everybody! Thanks for all of the advice today, it was very useful. The wife and I visited a few dealerships today and we have narrowed down our search to just two choices. We are going to choose between a 2014 Chevy Traverse and a 2014 GMC Acadia. EchoVictor was correct when he said...

Quoted from EchoVictor:

BigB,
    a Chevy Traverse will most definitely haul a pin. The Traverse is on the same chassis/platform of the GM Lambda family, which includes the Buick Enclave, the GMC Acadia, and the Saturn Outlook (no longer made).
    We've got an Outlook, and we LOVE it. I've hauled 4x8 sheets of drywall/plywood (with the liftgate open), and have hauled pins in it many times. With the 60% side 2nd and 3rd row down, we've even hauled a pin AND our two kids (13 and 11) in it at the same time.
    Just know that the roofline of the Traverse/Enlcave dips a little in the back compared to an Acadia/Outlook, so a Traverse/Enclave won't fit a standard Stern NIB box, while an Acadia/Outlook will.
    Later,
    EV

We really liked the Acadia that we drove today. It was just a small step nicer than the Traverse that we drove last week. Now, it's just a matter of the price/options for each. Even though you can't fit a NIB Stern in the Traverse, you can fit any pin, that's out of the box, in it. That will work for me. I have a better chance of transporting used pins than new ones. Besides, I have a pickup truck for that. Thanks again everyone! BigB

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/mama-aint-happy-will-a-pin-fit-in-a-chevy-traverse and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.