(Topic ID: 42162)

Making your own translite?

By Alan_L

11 years ago

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

#1 11 years ago

How difficult would it be to make your own translite? Could you take your own pic to some print shop, have them blow it up and print it out on the right kind of material? Has anyone ever tried/done this?

Thanks,
    Alan

#2 11 years ago

lots of alternate translites on ebay. Depends if you're doing a modern one (where display is underneath) or part of the artwork (pre alpha-numeric). If the displays are embedded in the artwork, you'll have to do cutouts. It can be done, just have to get an image in the right size and have a print shop make it on mylar. I've seen places online do it for like $30-$50

#3 11 years ago

The size of the image you start with will affect the end results.
    A 300 dpi image will give you the best results.
    Talk to your local sign shop, they should be able to print on translite material or plexi-glass depending on what of backglass you need.

#4 11 years ago

A cheap online printing and shipping company I have used is 'Souldraw', I had a backlit marquee done and it came out good

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/making-your-own-translite and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.