(Topic ID: 312894)

Making the Top 100 meaningful

By gandamack

2 years ago

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

87076D60-5C39-4908-8F95-4C11368B2138 (resized).jpeg
    9E9E8845-9747-451E-B8B1-961B9E4ABB65 (resized).jpeg
    #1 2 years ago

I am not quite sure if I undertand the point of having a top 100 machines list if the scores depend entirely on people self-ranking (their machines usually).
    Wouldn't it make more sense to have something like the top 10 (respected) pinsiders act like a board of directors or something and they each vote? Maybe similar to how the oscars has a board who decides which films and actors get in to the Academy (sorry the whole Will Smith vs Chris Rock thing is still fresh in my mind).

#2 2 years ago

Sounds like a good opportunity to bitch smack crazy levi!

#3 2 years ago
    Quoted from gandamack:

I am not quite sure if I undertand the point of having a top 100 machines list if the scores depend entirely on people self-ranking (their machines usually).
    Wouldn't it make more sense to have something like the top 10 (respected) pinsiders act like a board of directors or something and they each vote? Maybe similar to how the oscars has a board who decides which films and actors get in to the Academy (sorry the whole Will Smith vs Chris Rock thing is still fresh in my mind).

So then we all vote on the top 10 most respected pinsiders so that they can self rank the top 100 games?

Here is a quick example of why your idea is flawed. Most here would agree with me that LTG (Lloyd) is one of the most respected Pinsiders in the history of pinside, so he should be a shoe in for your elite rating group. The problem is that this is what your gunna get if you put LTG on the committee (see below) so I hope you are a fan of PTC!
    87076D60-5C39-4908-8F95-4C11368B2138 (resized).jpeg87076D60-5C39-4908-8F95-4C11368B2138 (resized).jpeg9E9E8845-9747-451E-B8B1-961B9E4ABB65 (resized).jpeg9E9E8845-9747-451E-B8B1-961B9E4ABB65 (resized).jpeg

#4 2 years ago
    Quoted from gandamack:

April Fools day is over!

#5 2 years ago

What is the point of a top 10 (whatevers)?

I like a certain type of game , nobody is going to have the same list of great games that I have

#6 2 years ago
    Quoted from Isochronic_Frost:

April Fools day is over!

I must have missed the “prices are down” thread

#7 2 years ago

Just change the title of the top 100 to something like "Community sourced most popular top 100 pins in an order you probably don't agree with" and be done with it. There are too many threads about what is wrong with the list, what should change about it, etc. Enough already.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/making-the-top-100-meaningful and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.