5 years ago

Topic Stats

• 117 posts
  • 36 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 years ago by Kiwipinhead
  • Topic is favorited by 14 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider shapeshifter.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#16 5 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

You know what I'd love to see? This is sort of an aside, but your settings made me think of it. User storable profiles, sort of like Director's Cut. 9 slots say, where I could store a particular set of settings in memory. Slot 1: SKB Settings. Then you could store and flip between different ideas. Anyways ...
I think you guys are nailing the issues, what I would add isn't so much 'rules' code, but the audio and feedback. Like this comment:

I feel that way about the whole game. Like for instance, this is a game that's entirely based around making combos, and yet, if you don't happen to catch the text on the DMD (and if you're playing fast and hard how would you) you really have no feedback when you're rocking the combos. It's just shoot lit shot, oh, that one has red under it, shoot that one too, okay, shoot that shot, and there's nothing that feels like you're nailing it. Make it, miss it, no difference.
When you're fighting Vengeance for example, I love that the tone you get after every hit rises. You feel like you're building up something every time you nail it. I want the rest of the game to give you that same feeling.
On the flip side, there's just too much damn audio for the level one modes. It's too easy to get sick to death of hearing Kirk talk about running through the jungle wearing a disguise. That's not even touching the "they're right behind you Captain, run!" line.
I'm hopeful that bringing in Karl Urban is going to solve a lot of this.

Agree re feedback on combos - without hearing a callout or a sound most of the time I don't know I am doing it.

#18 5 years ago

And with 18 modes there needs to be more rewards or side quests if you do 3 deep or something. Now you complete 3 deep and nothing happens. Need rewards

#22 5 years ago
Quoted from Rcade:

Not *nothing*, you get a 2x multiplier for the shot associated with that mode. It's not worth the trouble of all the hassle of getting there, so yes, It does need more. But to say that nothing happens when you go three deep is false.

Ok didn't know that. Guess it was so underwhelming it slipped me by!

And the reason for threads like these is hopefully to get a code update that makes STLE a keeper!

#56 5 years ago
Quoted from TheFamilyArcade:

This is, sadly, the truth. With the XMEN debacle and initial STLE code drop, I wouldn't even consider buying any Stern, let alone a NIB, without playing it fully and understanding the game completely unless Lyman was on the code. Stern has a problem now, I think. Ops won't care, but the public should. But yet again, if we collector/pinheads keep buying NIB we deserve to be disappointed.
The shots are so excellent - and the rules solid - that I can still enjoy my beloved AVLE after 15 months, but the rudimentary rules on the WIZ mode, combined with ZERO dots is just flat out weak. And the unpolished issues with the rest of the game (no combos, no spinner rules, essentially worthless pops, a couple minor bugs) is inexcusable. The game is also just too damn long, and this is Lonnie's second game in a row burdened with this albatross. Revised code might be able to help this. Lonnie needs to do better.
STLE owners should enjoy the pretty lights for the next year or so, but when the next big code drop comes. It won't have Lyman's name on it, and that sucks for you.

Maybe Stern and Steve will have a point to prove that it is not only Lyman who can code great. So, hoping they are going all out to make it special. In their interests as could sell pro's and premiums for next few years.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
7,300 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Meridian Charter Township, MI
$ 48.00
Cabinet - Other
ModFather Pinball Mods
Machine - For Sale
Woodstock, GA

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider shapeshifter.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside