• Topic is favorited by 3 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

image_(resized).jpeg
image_(resized).jpeg
#1 7 years ago

Part of my Stargate playfield was pretty dark but I don't like the big look of the big silver spotlights. With some carefully placed post lights from Comet, I achieved the same thing and its pretty well hidden. You can make a stand for it out of some light aluminum, drill a hole and attach it on top of a plastic.

image_(resized).jpegimage_(resized).jpeg

image_(resized).jpegimage_(resized).jpeg

#2 7 years ago

Great idea! Do you have any pics of the entire playfield from the perspective of the player?

#3 7 years ago

I can take some later. The lower playfield is too dark so I just ordered a couple more post lights to do this down further. I will try to post them on.

I used several of these around the. Pyramid to keep it well lit as well.

#4 7 years ago

Just put a plastic housing around that with a screw hole at the base and you have a new product.

#5 7 years ago

I'm not brave enough yet to go drilling in the playfield....but that is super cool

#6 7 years ago

I don't want to draw any more attention to the light with a housing, that's why I don't care for the spotlights.

Stones, I'm not suggesting you drill a hole in the plastics. I'm thinking maybe you cut a one and a half inch by half inch thin aluminum strip and drill a hole in the center of the strip about 3/8 of an inch in. Bend it so that it makes an L. Take one of the post lights and attach it with double-sided tape and paint the aluminum to hide it with whatever color is in the background. On wherever it's going to be attached, take off the nut that holds the plastic, set the L bracket you created with the post light taped to it over the post screw, replace the nut and wire it up.

That's what I'm going to do to the lower playfield. The uppers are held on with 3M tape to existing structures.

#7 7 years ago

Thanks for Sharing!

We have many people who are using a post light as a spot light.
With Matrix Plug into a Bulb, it takes minutes to add, and easily can be hidden behind a sign or other plastic!

We hope with our new additions coming soon, or new spotlights will arrive too!

So Grateful you are the first to post and share...

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
3,975 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
East Rutherford, NJ
4,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Leesburg, VA
$ 17.00
Playfield - Decals
Nordic Pinball Supply

$ 24.00
Playfield - Decals
Nordic Pinball Supply

$ 24.00
Playfield - Decals
Nordic Pinball Supply

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 15.45
Gameroom - Decorations
KAHR.US Circuits

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/making-spotlights-out-of-post-lights and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.