Topic Stats

• 14 posts
  • 5 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 6 months ago by DennisDodel
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

One image has been uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

FB_IMG_1521717012796.jpg

#1 7 months ago

Thanks to bingopodcast, I've got my first bingo. I've listened to Nick for a couple of years waxing poetic about these machines, and interviewing folks who grew up playing them when they were new. But I never actually owned one, or knew anyone in the local collector community who did either. Earlier this year I broke down and asked Nick if he knew anyone with a machine that would be willing to sell, and that could be brought to Allentown for pickup. The machine I ended up with is HIS beloved Bally Night Club (so beloved in fact, the game appears on the For Amusement Only logo, drawn up by ryanclaytor).

000-pins (resized).jpg

Does having the multi-bingo make bingo ownership redundant? Regardless, the game is in good hands. The machine travelled well from Nick's home in Richmond, to Allentown, then back to Canada...needing only a couple of switch adjustments to keep it running like a top.

000-pins3 (resized).jpg

As a first time owner, I'm amazed at the sheer SIZE of the backbox and backglass. It's just so tall and in your face. It stands out among a room full of EM and solid state pinball machines, indeed. My wife (of Eastern European background and "strong like bull") helped me lug the game down and set it up. She swore it would be her first and last bingo move. Luckily, I have a fridge full of beer and strong neighbors for any future bingos that come along. But man, slugging around wedgeheads is SO much easier. Other than the size, which amazed me, I love the sounds. The constant whir and click and drone is just so...soothing? After playing Night Club for two weeks straight, and then firing up a solid state Bally, I immediately suspected something was wrong with the game...only because it was so quiet compared to the "soundtrack" of the bingo!

Night Club is a hit with the kids, who have grown up around coin-op. Nothing brings the family together more than a gambling device that requires skill to play, right? My son has taken to the numbers and pointing out possible winners. Some of the features are still beyond him...and to be honest, I've still have to give the card a really good look to make sure I'm maximizing possible payouts when all of the features are in play. Imagine how lost I'd be with a magic screen game.

Beginners luck. My son's three-in-a-row with odds maxed on his very first game:

000-pins2 (resized).jpg

Next, my daughter stepped up on her first game, with a lot of luck and the will to not be outdone by her big brother, and put three-in-a-row in yellow with payouts tripled. And here I am struggling to put any sort of winning card together!

000-pins81 (resized).jpg

The bingo bug has bit. It's a neat little community that I'm still testing the waters in. I hope to meet some of the pillars of the bingo community, along with Nick, at York this fall. I'm hoping for a great big BINGO ROW so I can expand my knowledge base of these games...and maybe between now and then I can line up another machine to bring back to keep Night Club company...

#2 7 months ago

spiroagnew it was an extreme pleasure to be able to sell you your first (of many!) bingo pinballs.

I'm very happy to hear that you and the kids are enjoying the game. You've really started off with a great game.

I've heard rumors of a few games that will be for sale at Bingo Row, and can't wait to see you again. I've got some great giveaways planned for this year, so start racking up those replays in anticipation.

Have you gotten the Ballyhole when lit? Such a clever feature, but elusive once lit.

#3 7 months ago

This is a great posting. I am glad to hear about a Bingo Pinball Machine newcomer adding a Magic Squares or Turning Corners game to their collection.

It's for sure so cool when the player can press a button on the lockdown bar and mechanically have the 4 corner numbers in sections "A" "B' "C" and "D" on the bingo card in the backglass spin right before their eyes and the power to choose any of the numbers for in line replays or what we bingo players call "Hits".

I also owned a excellent condition Night Club in my collection for over 5 years years, but traded it for a Gottlieb Jet Spin i couldn't live without at the time, knowing i had another Night Club in my attic that i could get up and running made the deal easier to do. This other Night Club i had in my attic for years actually found its way to Nick B collection after he visited me a couple of years ago.

Could this be the same Night Club? If so, i would have to think back on where i got the game from and its history on it, if you are interested in knowing where it came from and where it had been on route.

Don't forget to post more pictures here on pinside under "Show us you Bingo Pinball Machines".

#4 7 months ago

Congratulations!

I have been into Bingos, since playing my first one in the local cafe in England, when I was 15. It was 'County Fair'. I'm 70 now!

That darn bingo took my allowance on a regular basis and I swore that, one day, I would own a bingo and get my own back!!

Since then, I have owned many but no longer have one. The pride of my bingo collection was a HUO Silver Sails! I sold it a few years back and the buyer had me ship it to Japan!

If you think 'Night Club' is heavy, try moving a 'Silver Sails' or any other from that era!!

#5 7 months ago
Quoted from Vic_Camp:

This is a great posting. I am glad to hear about a Bingo Pinball Machine newcomer adding a Magic Squares or Turning Corners game to their collection.
It's for sure so cool when the player can press a button on the lockdown bar and mechanically have the 4 corner numbers in sections "A" "B' "C" and "D" on the bingo card in the backglass spin right before their eyes and the power to choose any of the numbers for in line replays or what we bingo players call "Hits".
I also owned a excellent condition Night Club in my collection for over 5 years years, but traded it for a Gottlieb Jet Spin i couldn't live without at the time, knowing i had another Night Club in my attic that i could get up and running made the deal easier to do. This other Night Club i had in my attic for years actually found its way to Nick B collection after he visited me a couple of years ago.
Could this be the same Night Club? If so, i would have to think back on where i got the game from and its history on it, if you are interested in knowing where it came from and where it had been on route.
Don't forget to post more pictures here on pinside under "Show us you Bingo Pinball Machines".

This could be the very Night Club, Vic, as it did come from bingopodcast ...but I'm not sure if he has a stockpile of Night Clubs?? I do know this was a project game he fixed and chronicled on the show.

If this is the same game that passed through your hands, I'd love to hear the history.

#6 7 months ago
Quoted from bingopodcast:

Have you gotten the Ballyhole when lit? Such a clever feature, but elusive once lit.

I've hit the 16 exactly once when lit. A neat little feature for sure. I love that the playfield design goes to great lengths to protect that 16.

#7 7 months ago

It is indeed the same game from you, Vic!

I do not have a stockpile of Night Clubs... Yet.

1 week later
#8 6 months ago

Here's something.

This picture popped up on a Facebook group devoted to vintage pictures of Niagara Falls. It's a bunch of cops (or G-Men) tossing pinball machines off of the Whirlpool Bridge, an international border crossing that connects Niagara Falls, Ontario to Niagara Falls, New York. They are on the pedestrian walkway of the bridge with the NF, NY side visible in the background. The walkway is still there and looks about the same, but the bridge itself is closed to pedestrian traffic now--vehicle traffic only these days. I was born and raised in Niagara Falls, Ontario and I still work in the city to this day. I've crossed the Whirlpool Bridge countless times and still drive past this pictured spot while crossing to the USA on a regular basis. Could one of the bingo enthusiasts confirm, from the side art, that one of the games getting ready for the old heave-ho is a Night Club? If so, I feel even closer to this Night Club now having driven "over" one for many years...even though the rapids have probably washed away all smashed remnants of the game by now!

FB_IMG_1521717012796.jpg

#9 6 months ago

Wow, very neat! Yes, I can confirm that that is a Night Club. The other games are harder to identify. Amazing that that photo is so clear.

#10 6 months ago

Any divers out there?

#11 6 months ago

The head in front of the Night Club head looks like a Broadway. The body these 'gentleman'are holding might be a Broadway body.

#12 6 months ago

What is that contraption in the foreground with the bee hive shooter housing? The shooter seems to be in the wrong spot.

#13 6 months ago

I think that's a bingo shooter housing (hard to see though), and that is the front to that Night Club. I guess brute force won out over wood... Impressed that the door was removed without total destruction? Maybe impressed is the wrong word.

#14 6 months ago
Quoted from bingopodcast:

I think that's a bingo shooter housing (hard to see though), and that is the front to that Night Club. I guess brute force won out over wood... Impressed that the door was removed without total destruction? Maybe impressed is the wrong word.

You're right Nick. I see it now. It's the entire front of the cabinet with the door missing.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
CzTV Mods
$ 9,000.00
$ 66.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods
$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
$ 98.00
Playfield - Other
ModFather Pinball Mods
$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 34.95
Playfield - Plastics
Hookedonpinball.com
$ 89.00
Cabinet Parts
Pappy's Pinball Palace
$ 109.95
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Pro
$ 999.00
Pinball Machine
Mircoplayfields
$ 16.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk
$ 20.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods
$ 26.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple
€ 27.00
Cabinet - Other
YOYOKOPTER MODS
$ 109.99
Lighting - Backbox
Lermods
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade
$ 229.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos
$ 229.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinballBulbs
$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside