Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

#1 9 years ago

Just did a search and didn't see this video posted. Enjoy

#2 9 years ago

Thanks for posting

#4 9 years ago

Anyone have any hi resolution gameplay video yet??

#5 9 years ago

Never been done ramp flipper my ass. Freddy ring a bell!

#7 9 years ago

very cool, thanks for posting

#8 9 years ago

Not a theme for me but, the design is pretty damn cool on that LE. You guys should be happy.

#9 9 years ago

Macho man made the video! I hope that's a sign of more to come with him.

That whitewood looks crazy, the launch was totally different at one point...

#10 9 years ago

Am I the only one who thinks Waison had a bigger part in the design than whats announced? He always says he is a game designer and he was talking about that whitewood like he had a major hand in it. If so thats cool they are giving him some room to practice design.

#11 9 years ago

Interesting that he says "the final opponent" for the wizard mode, maybe it will be the macho man....i hope!

#12 9 years ago

All I could think of when I saw Lonnie appear is "Hi, I'm Lonnie, and I'm the guy who's left the Star Trek code to rot. Oooh, look! A shiny new pin!"

Anyone who buys this game better prepare for a long ride.

#13 9 years ago
Quoted from DevilsTuner:

Am I the only one who thinks Waison had a bigger part in the design than whats announced? He always says he is a game designer and he was talking about that whitewood like he had a major hand in it. If so thats cool they are giving him some room to practice design.

In his Pinball Magazine interview from a few weeks ago John Trudeau already mentioned that Waison is loving wrestling and pretty much driving this game.

#14 9 years ago

Sweet video. Thanks.

#15 9 years ago

Far beyond my days of being a wrestling fan, but this game looks like a lot of fun! Looks like they had a great time working with the theme and making this video as well.

#16 9 years ago

I like what they are going for in the design. Enough with the dang code belly aching. I look forward to playing one and seeing for myself how it plays - broken code or not.

#17 9 years ago
Quoted from jawjaw:

Enough with the dang code belly aching.

People just have to live with being reminded of it from now on, sorry.

I didn't participate in the social media thing, yelling at Stern is pointless IMHO. But making sure as a community that we don't forget about it has a lot of value. They won't care until it actually matters to them. That's on us.

So yeah, Wrestlemania code is by the person who did X-Men, with the guy who failed Star Trek helping him out.

If that fills you with confidence then you're pretty damn optimistic.

And really, maybe the process behind their coding is part of what's flawed and I'm being too hard on individuals, but one way or another the results are clear.

If you like this game, and that's totally cool if you do with me, then I'm just saying. No need to rush. Wait a couple months, see what the people who just have to have it say about the code. Maybe be just a tiny bit patient. Let Stern see you do care.

#18 9 years ago
Quoted from MiamiRedSkin:

Just did a search and didn't see this video posted. Enjoy
» YouTube video

GREAT FIND! Really enjoyed it...can't wait to play this game!!!

#19 9 years ago

Just got to play the pro last night; has very unique cool layout; as usual game will boil down to code. No one noted this before either but the plug is now on the back of the backbox too now.

#20 9 years ago

Nice video. Not enough whitwood/design talk, but still good (if not short) main feature overview.

#21 9 years ago

Totally understand not having finished code when the game is announced. There must be a trial/error time period to get player responses b/c Stern doesn't put too many hours on the machine before it ships or other things come up to delay with trademark/license approval.
What I'm weary about is when Stern gets code feedback and has already moved on to another machine w/o reponding to the buyers sugestions on the game. This happened to countless games that Stern has put out.
I wish there could be a HYPE to finish the code after the 6 months of public play as much as there is on the HYPE to unveil the game.
I'm hoping that the "young blood" at Stern will stay focus and not drop the ball like what happened to X-MEN. I do think, if it wasn't for the "young blood" at Stern we wouldn't even have the tittle called X-MEN, so I am greatful and hope for more finished products.

#22 9 years ago

Great, professional video from Stern. This sort of video sells a game....huge improvement over previous marketing efforts from Stern. Obviously WWE have been really co-operative.

Quoted from musketd:

Just got to play the pro last night;

Sorry to take off topic a bit, did you notice any difference in the flipper feel with the new coils? Some reports of them being weak.

Quoted from musketd:

Just got to play the pro last night; has very unique cool layout; as usual game will boil down to code. No one noted this before either but the plug is now on the back of the backbox too now.

Its been discussed in other threads.....widely agreed it sucks.

#23 9 years ago

Although I dislike the theme and I am in no way ordering one, the LE appears to have several neat features. The part on the video where they show the CAD drawing is pretty interesting as well.

The Ramp Flipper was done on Freddy as DevilsTuner posted and the "Slammers" were also done before, I have them on my 1949 Chicago Coin "Super Hockey" game.

#24 9 years ago

looks like a neat game, looking forward to playing the LE.

#25 9 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

People just have to live with being reminded of it from now on, sorry.
I didn't participate in the social media thing, yelling at Stern is pointless IMHO. But making sure as a community that we don't forget about it has a lot of value. They won't care until it actually matters to them. That's on us.
So yeah, Wrestlemania code is by the person who did X-Men, with the guy who failed Star Trek helping him out.
If that fills you with confidence then you're pretty damn optimistic.
And really, maybe the process behind their coding is part of what's flawed and I'm being too hard on individuals, but one way or another the results are clear.
If you like this game, and that's totally cool if you do with me, then I'm just saying. No need to rush. Wait a couple months, see what the people who just have to have it say about the code. Maybe be just a tiny bit patient. Let Stern see you do care.

I don't go by any confidence or any high expectations. I'm not going to loose any sleep if Wrestlemania is a bad game with so called broken code. I don't really care to be honest. There are plenty of good pins out there and more to come. Stern has made some really great pins but also some bad ones. I don't care who codes the game or designs it. Certain designers do raise my expectations but in the end gameplay is king. I don't think Stern is going to do anything different unless there is more competition or a drop in sales.

#26 9 years ago

Guys on the one I played the flippers actual.y felt great and much stonger then the other sterns I have played in the past; also held up and had great power even after playing it for awhile

#27 9 years ago

One interesting thing that nobody mentioned in the video are the 2 new Stern programmers working on game code. That puts the number of programmers at 7 if my math is correct.

That's good news. Maybe other releases will get code faster and we won't have to wait 9 months for updates.

#28 9 years ago
Quoted from luvthatapex2:

That puts the number of programmers at 7 if my math is correct.

7 programmers in total at Stern, or 7 working on WWE? If it is 7 at Stern maybe some of them are working on code for other games?

#29 9 years ago
Quoted from cooked71:

Sorry to take off topic a bit, did you notice any difference in the flipper feel with the new coils? Some reports of them being weak.

I played one and the flippers didn't feel super strong. Also, I had to really plunge hard to get the ball all the way up the ladder ramp to the upper playfield. When you make the shots up the ramps to the upper playfield, the ball doesn't fly up there by any means, but that didn't bother me. Just needs a more precise shot is all. The plunge power is what bothered me a bit.

#30 9 years ago

Weird how they called out the "ramp flipper" as being unique and "never done before" (4:19ish) - that's basically the same as Freddy, right?

Quoted from musketd:

Guys on the one I played the flippers actual.y felt great and much stonger then the other sterns I have played in the past; also held up and had great power even after playing it for awhile

If I heard right, they switched from the PWM-driven coils to a two-winding coil that's identical or nearly identical to what B/W used for forever.

#31 9 years ago

Yes they did swith the wiing on the coils from here on out

#32 9 years ago

Great post OP.

The video definitely gives you a much better appreciation for the game and how hard these great guys worked on it to bring it to fruition.

#33 9 years ago

Ugh I love the stern flipper feel over the BW . Hope the snap is not lost.

#34 9 years ago
Quoted from unigroove:

7 programmers in total at Stern, or 7 working on WWE? If it is 7 at Stern maybe some of them are working on code for other games?

7 total programmers working on Stern pinball games.

4 are working on WWE:
Waison, Jack, Elliot, Lonnie

3 are working on TWD:
Lyman, Tanio, Mike K

#35 9 years ago

Great video. But not very well named.
Should be named. "Let's talk about wrestling and show a few shots of the finished machine."

#36 9 years ago

Sweet. Looks like a fun game. Cool Video!!

#37 9 years ago

The making of Star Trek video is their best making of video.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 16.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 6.00
Playfield - Protection
Apron Envy

$ 29.99
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PR Mods

$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 99.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Slipstream Mod Shop

$ 76.00
Lighting - Backbox
Arcade Upkeep

$ 19.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk

4,200 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Bay Shore, NY

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/making-of-stern-wwe-pinball-machine-video and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.