7 years ago

Topic Stats

• 9 posts
  • 5 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 7 years ago by Catalyze
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_2536 (resized).JPG
    IMG_2534 (resized).JPG
    IMG_2533 (resized).JPG
    IMG_2532 (resized).JPG
    #1 7 years ago

Been wanting to do this for awhile. Cheap key chains from Amazon/China, copy back glass images from a certain pinball vendor site, resize to 120x120 pixels and print.

IMG_2532 (resized).JPGIMG_2532 (resized).JPG
    IMG_2533 (resized).JPGIMG_2533 (resized).JPG
    IMG_2534 (resized).JPGIMG_2534 (resized).JPG

#2 7 years ago

Nice and quick winter project!

#3 7 years ago

What resolution are you printing at? 150 or 300 dpi should be print standard, preferably 300 dpi if you want crystal clear precision. 72 dpi is really just for web graphics.

#4 7 years ago

Wait till planetary pinball finds out about this ....

#5 7 years ago
    Quoted from jasonp:

Wait till planetary pinball finds out about this

Lol, yeah, true, I wouldn't be surprised if a C&D is already in the works. This kind of stuff needs kept more quiet (if they're going to be for sale). But I have seen these on eBay before. I'll make my own before I buy some. And just give the extras away to friends. For as small and inexpensive as these are to produce, it's not worth it to step on someone's intellectual property to make just a few small dollars per item. You'd have to sell 100 of these to clear $50-100 probably. Too much work in my opinion.

#6 7 years ago
    Quoted from sevenrites:

What resolution are you printing at? 150 or 300 dpi should be print standard, preferably 300 dpi if you want crystal clear precision. 72 dpi is really just for web graphics.

I just threw them into MS Word, set to "best" quality and printed them. They look fine for what they are.

#7 7 years ago
    Quoted from jasonp:

Wait till planetary pinball finds out about this ....

No shit, right? Just making them for myself and giving some to friends who have pins.

#8 7 years ago

All done. Really happy with them. So cheap to do too!

IMG_2536 (resized).JPGIMG_2536 (resized).JPG

#9 7 years ago

Well played!!
    Good idea and a great execution.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/making-key-chains and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.