Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 65 posts
  • 32 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 1 year ago by ccbiggsoo7
  • Topic is favorited by 76 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

EEC0D255-C118-4179-9CD3-E2A36B88149D (resized).jpeg
    FlexFuse04Installed.png
    FlexFuse08TroxelBreakers (resized).png
    FlexFuse03ExtendedLength (resized).png
    FlexFuse01Packaging (resized).png
    FlexFuse02ShortLength (resized).png
    s-l140 thermal breaker (resized).jpg
    image.jpg
    breakers.png
    147371.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider uncivil_engineer.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#49 1 year ago
    Quoted from simonlindsay:

Following on from my previous request, is the only way to use these fusebreakers is to solder a dead fuse to it or can you just use crocodile clips on each prong of the breaker and then on each end of the fuse holder? Here is a pic of the breaker that I am using.
    [quoted image]

I have a set of these I use when troubleshooting a game. Yes, you can use alligator clips on the ends of the breaker, they don't have to be attached to an old fuse. I have a couple that have a piece of wire soldered to the terminals leading to alligator clips. Just be careful that you don't accidentally short the two terminals on the fuse together while using them.

#57 1 year ago
    Quoted from simonlindsay:

Thanks for the answer. So, I can attach the crocodile clips to each end of the fuse holder and not use a dead fuse at all? I will have to be extra careful when I try again as the last time the whole garage tripped and I thought I had blown up my prize possession.

Yes, that is correct. You can use them without the dead fuse.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider uncivil_engineer.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/making-and-using-a-fuse-breaker?tu=uncivil_engineer and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.