WH2O (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).png
9d198fe30c8c473567bfc9d22c97def63595e96a (resized).jpg
59c4bb606d5495b8e1f8c0af07556bcee9558e53 (resized).jpg
b6caeced31515e707eb69ddd870e055fe1fad26b (resized).jpg
ef24dedefe9e3807da7d577ab27d85a09511ec63 (resized).jpg
cheapassstern (resized).jpg
bigbearraftingwinter (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Bryan_Kelly.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 5 years ago

I’ve got one I’m shopping out for an operator friend and he wants it back the way it’s supposed to be.

I may be in need of parts or willing to swap with someone who wants theirs looking like this.

More pics later.

61B72FAF-683C-46A5-888C-856034284C48 (resized).jpeg61B72FAF-683C-46A5-888C-856034284C48 (resized).jpeg
#4 5 years ago
Quoted from jrivelli:

I will buy those white mountains from you

Ideally, I'd like to trade the white ones for perfect original ones. Bumbles also.

I've got a lot of irons in the fire right now. I'll wait and see what happens. If people don't get a reply from me, I'm dealing with someone who has what I want.

#11 5 years ago
Quoted from jrivelli:

I have a couple sets of the brown ones new I was going to get airbrushed, but I'm going to keep them for now

I will say, the white ones are not painted. They are the ones someone reproduced some time ago. They're also in perfect condition.

#17 5 years ago

Anyone interested in trading a new normal set of mountains for these white ones, let me know. If there is no interest, the white ones are getting painted.

#19 5 years ago
Quoted from zr11990:

Bryan, I think I have a bigfoot mech somewhere. The bigfoot needs hair though. If it will help you I will try and locate it.

Thanks, James. I'm not quite sure what I need yet but a pic of what you have would be appreciated.

#21 5 years ago
Quoted from Djshakes:

I think the white mountains look so much better than the shit brown ones. I have a buddy that I might be shopping a WH20 for. I will ask him if he wants to trade. I personally think the game sucks and I only owned it for 2 weeks but to each his own. I might have a set of mountains for you.

I appreciate it. The only problem is, I need to know in a day or two. I also need to know that his are in perfect shape. Otherwise, the white ones are being sent out to be painted.

1 week later
#27 5 years ago

Update...I've got wireforms coming from Pinball Plating and the white mountains have been sent out to the Modfather for painting. Shop job/rebuilding is done. I'll show pics once I have the remaining parts installed.

#29 5 years ago
Quoted from sulli10:

This game only looks good in original stainless or Chrome. Some games are not meant to be powder coated.

I would say most Williams/Bally games were not meant to be powder coated. Looks great on newer games cause that's the way so many of them come.

#36 5 years ago
Quoted from jrivelli:

That's a silly argument. Because the factory decided something "it's the way to go". Stainless steel in many cases looks plain and unfinished. That being said, white powder on this game and pretty much all games looks awful.

This WH2O is a prime example of people with no art sense or taste powder coating their games trim. Rather than getting on my soapbox, I'll just leave it at that.

#42 5 years ago
Quoted from BoJo:

Is that dirt or did the paint wear off the wireform?[quoted image]

That is definately wear.

#57 5 years ago
Quoted from OLDPINGUY:

Ive done both.....collected an extra set of Mountains, some broken, made snow caps instead of domed flashers, extra lighting and flashers under the mountains, and brown mountains with snow peaks. Even in the Mountain Plastics, there are forms for rivers, and waterfalls left brown.
For myself, the middle makes me happy. For the Next owner, I have a full set of Brown Originals extra, if they like.
[quoted image]

That's not bad, Art. At least yours looks like it was done with some artistic sense in mind. This particular WH2O was done by someone who woke up one morning and said to himself, "White. I like white. Don't care what it looks like or what anyone thinks. I like white. Lots and lots of white."

I will say, I've seen some nicely powdered trim on games. Not a lot, but some. Also, if you're going to do the trim, leave the wireforms and everything else in the game alone. Please. Just because the trim looks nice doesn't mean you have to make everything else that same color.

One thing my wife taught me many years ago when it comes to decorating....less is more.

#60 5 years ago
Quoted from Rum-Z:

I agree with you there. I changed all my caps to blue, and that includes the bulb condoms under the whirlpool. It just looked like it fit the theme better.

I did that once too, when it was kinda the thing to do. I've since changed back to all red.

Think volcanoes. The red flashers on the tops of the mountains are the volcanoes erupting when you hit those shots. The two boulders in front are lit with GI so they look like molten rocks. The bottom of the whirlpool is red, which looks like the bottom of the molten rocky hole.

I'll also add, anyone who changes all the GI to blue, just because of the water theme, is going to get punched in the nuts.

#76 5 years ago

Gettin there. Just need the mountains back.

image (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpg
#78 5 years ago
Quoted from Mitch:

What did you end up doing with all the white powder coat metal? Scrap pile?

Garbage. The op didn't want them and neither did I.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 119.99
Cabinet - (Alt) Translites
FlyLand Designs

$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

$ 12.95
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Pimp

$ 189.00
Playfield - Plastics
Starcade Amusement

$ 329.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 60.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 299.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods

Machine - For Sale
Montpelier, VA
$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 1,059.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

$ 10.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

7,699 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Evansville, IN
Lighting - Interactive
Pinball Z

$ 34.99
Rubber/Silicone
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

$ 225.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 12.95
$ 15.00
Playfield - Other
Nezzy's Pinball Prints

7,780 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Wilsonville, OR
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Jamestown, NC
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 69.50
Boards
Pinball Haus

$ 5.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 84.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
FlyLand Designs

$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Boards
KAHR.US Circuits

$ 225.00
Cabinet - (Alt) Translites
FlyLand Designs

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 9.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Bryan_Kelly.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/making-a-wh2o-normal-again?tu=Bryan_Kelly and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.