WH2O (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).png
9d198fe30c8c473567bfc9d22c97def63595e96a (resized).jpg
59c4bb606d5495b8e1f8c0af07556bcee9558e53 (resized).jpg
b6caeced31515e707eb69ddd870e055fe1fad26b (resized).jpg
ef24dedefe9e3807da7d577ab27d85a09511ec63 (resized).jpg
cheapassstern (resized).jpg
bigbearraftingwinter (resized).jpg

There are 79 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.
#1 5 years ago

I’ve got one I’m shopping out for an operator friend and he wants it back the way it’s supposed to be.

I may be in need of parts or willing to swap with someone who wants theirs looking like this.

More pics later.

61B72FAF-683C-46A5-888C-856034284C48 (resized).jpeg61B72FAF-683C-46A5-888C-856034284C48 (resized).jpeg
#2 5 years ago

I will buy those white mountains from you

#3 5 years ago

Man... that's a lot of white all over the place.

#4 5 years ago
Quoted from jrivelli:

I will buy those white mountains from you

Ideally, I'd like to trade the white ones for perfect original ones. Bumbles also.

I've got a lot of irons in the fire right now. I'll wait and see what happens. If people don't get a reply from me, I'm dealing with someone who has what I want.

#5 5 years ago

It’s not my taste either but someone put in the wrench time and cash for all that.

#6 5 years ago
Quoted from Bryan_Kelly:

Ideally, I'd like to trade the white ones for perfect original ones. Bumbles also.
I've got a lot of irons in the fire right now. I'll wait and see what happens. If people don't get a reply from me, I'm dealing with someone who has what I want.

I have a couple sets of the brown ones new I was going to get airbrushed, but I'm going to keep them for now

#7 5 years ago

Just going to give you and the owner a thumbs up for taking the effort to bring it back. I remember that one being posted awhile back and it was certainly not to my taste. Having said that if it is to someone else's taste then perhaps this saves them the effort of doing it themselves.

#8 5 years ago

That winter scene was cool for about 15 minutes.... Dare i say anyone that would do this to a pin has rocks for brains?

#9 5 years ago
Quoted from Squeakman:

That winter scene was cool for about 15 minutes.... Dare i say anyone that would do this to a pin has rocks for brains?

Looks interesting, but makes no sense.

#10 5 years ago

So let’s raft in the middle of the winter? Friggin stupid. Someone saw a little snow on the artwork and says hey this looks like a good idea

#11 5 years ago
Quoted from jrivelli:

I have a couple sets of the brown ones new I was going to get airbrushed, but I'm going to keep them for now

I will say, the white ones are not painted. They are the ones someone reproduced some time ago. They're also in perfect condition.

#12 5 years ago
Quoted from patrickvc:

So let’s raft in the middle of the winter? Friggin stupid. Someone saw a little snow on the artwork and says hey this looks like a good idea

its a real thing.

bigbearraftingwinter (resized).jpgbigbearraftingwinter (resized).jpglg_winter-white-water-rafting-in-Maryland-at-Precision-Rafting (resized).jpglg_winter-white-water-rafting-in-Maryland-at-Precision-Rafting (resized).jpg
#13 5 years ago

Jesus what an ugly piece of shit that is. You're doing the lord's work here.

Quoted from Marvin:

its a real thing.

If only there the machine had artwork everywhere showing what the weather was like

#14 5 years ago

Definitely a weird fad about 5 or 6 years ago. If there was an alternate trans with a winter scene and a overlay for the playfield it might work.

#15 5 years ago

show me water whiter than snow, well before my dog gets on it.

#16 5 years ago
Quoted from Bryan_Kelly:

I will say, the white ones are not painted. They are the ones someone reproduced some time ago. They're also in perfect condition.

I understand

#17 5 years ago

Anyone interested in trading a new normal set of mountains for these white ones, let me know. If there is no interest, the white ones are getting painted.

#18 5 years ago

Bryan, I think I have a bigfoot mech somewhere. The bigfoot needs hair though. If it will help you I will try and locate it.

#19 5 years ago
Quoted from zr11990:

Bryan, I think I have a bigfoot mech somewhere. The bigfoot needs hair though. If it will help you I will try and locate it.

Thanks, James. I'm not quite sure what I need yet but a pic of what you have would be appreciated.

#20 5 years ago

I think the white mountains look so much better than the shit brown ones. I have a buddy that I might be shopping a WH20 for. I will ask him if he wants to trade. I personally think the game sucks and I only owned it for 2 weeks but to each his own. I might have a set of mountains for you.

#21 5 years ago
Quoted from Djshakes:

I think the white mountains look so much better than the shit brown ones. I have a buddy that I might be shopping a WH20 for. I will ask him if he wants to trade. I personally think the game sucks and I only owned it for 2 weeks but to each his own. I might have a set of mountains for you.

I appreciate it. The only problem is, I need to know in a day or two. I also need to know that his are in perfect shape. Otherwise, the white ones are being sent out to be painted.

#22 5 years ago
Quoted from lpeters82:

I remember that one being posted awhile back and it was certainly not to my taste.

I saw back to back ads for this one for the first two years I was on Pinside... I guess eventually the owner realized he had not raised the value to $10,000 and was going to have to take less because I can’t imagine anyone paying that (unless it was a faithful HEP caliber restoration and not a “high quality materials, but conceptually half-assed” retheme).

#23 5 years ago

Maybe a little bit of ice on top, pure white seems like overkill. I'm not a moutain expert, but im pretty sure if any looked like this at some point, global warming has/will changed them to look more like the brown ones anyway.

#24 5 years ago
Quoted from Marvin:

its a real thing.
[quoted image][quoted image]

Just not in shorts

#25 5 years ago

My God, why would anyone do this?? So much time & effort, not to mention $$ for that powder coating....I just don't get it. Thank you for attempting to un-do this abomination.

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
#26 5 years ago

O...M...G. Even worse than I thought; DIMPLES!!!!
cheapassstern (resized).jpgcheapassstern (resized).jpg

#27 5 years ago

Update...I've got wireforms coming from Pinball Plating and the white mountains have been sent out to the Modfather for painting. Shop job/rebuilding is done. I'll show pics once I have the remaining parts installed.

#28 5 years ago

This game only looks good in original stainless or Chrome. Some games are not meant to be powder coated.

#29 5 years ago
Quoted from sulli10:

This game only looks good in original stainless or Chrome. Some games are not meant to be powder coated.

I would say most Williams/Bally games were not meant to be powder coated. Looks great on newer games cause that's the way so many of them come.

#30 5 years ago

The only powder coating I think CAN look good is black.. Some WB games look sharp that way if they have dark carb art

#31 5 years ago
Quoted from Bryan_Kelly:

I would say most Williams/Bally games were not meant to be powder coated. Looks great on newer games cause that's the way so many of them come.

That's a silly argument. Because the factory decided something "it's the way to go". Stainless steel in many cases looks plain and unfinished. That being said, white powder on this game and pretty much all games looks awful.

#32 5 years ago

The ONLY way this could look good is if you professionally redesign the artwork to be sleds and snow, and change the DMD and such accordingly.

#33 5 years ago

I like it.Winter theme WH20 with winter Big Foot.

#34 5 years ago
Quoted from arakissun:

I like it.Winter theme WH20 with winter Big Foot.

The people in the raft are in bikinis and shorts.

#35 5 years ago
Quoted from Mitch:

The people in the raft are in bikinis and shorts.

they are in the valley below the snow line, riding the snow melt.

#36 5 years ago
Quoted from jrivelli:

That's a silly argument. Because the factory decided something "it's the way to go". Stainless steel in many cases looks plain and unfinished. That being said, white powder on this game and pretty much all games looks awful.

This WH2O is a prime example of people with no art sense or taste powder coating their games trim. Rather than getting on my soapbox, I'll just leave it at that.

#37 5 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

The only powder coating I think CAN look good is black.. Some WB games look sharp that way if they have dark carb art

I went back and forth on my FT between powder and stainless...saw a lot of FTs with blue or green powder and it looked awful...I went with the black and think its the only color, other than leaving it stainless, that looks good...

ef24dedefe9e3807da7d577ab27d85a09511ec63 (resized).jpgef24dedefe9e3807da7d577ab27d85a09511ec63 (resized).jpg

b6caeced31515e707eb69ddd870e055fe1fad26b (resized).jpgb6caeced31515e707eb69ddd870e055fe1fad26b (resized).jpg59c4bb606d5495b8e1f8c0af07556bcee9558e53 (resized).jpg59c4bb606d5495b8e1f8c0af07556bcee9558e53 (resized).jpg9d198fe30c8c473567bfc9d22c97def63595e96a (resized).jpg9d198fe30c8c473567bfc9d22c97def63595e96a (resized).jpg
#38 5 years ago

Yeah that's about best case right there. Black trim looks mean... And slim

#39 5 years ago

The black is somehow universal colour.

#40 5 years ago

Is that dirt or did the paint wear off the wireform?

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png
#41 5 years ago

almost certainly wear, its normal. and yet another reason paint/PC on stuff like this is stupid. same issue with the armor getting chipped. You can't really touch it up.

#42 5 years ago
Quoted from BoJo:

Is that dirt or did the paint wear off the wireform?[quoted image]

That is definately wear.

#43 5 years ago
Quoted from Bryan_Kelly:

That is definately wear.

That's what I figured and one more reason why I would never paint my wireforms.

#44 5 years ago

Are you offering any genitalia for these parts?

#45 5 years ago

I’ve seen a good WH20 in winter...I dig it. Let the people judge me...I really could care less.

#46 5 years ago
Quoted from bangerjay:

Are you offering any genitalia for these parts?

"My parts for your parts?"

#47 5 years ago
Quoted from dnapac:

I’ve seen a good WH20 in winter...I dig it. Let the people judge me...I really could care less.

Ha, I get it.

#48 5 years ago

I live in Utah near red rock country where you see red rocks and river rafting scenery like that depicted in Whitewater I have done river rafting trips on the Colorado both in Cataract Canyon (near Moab in So. Utah) and the Grand Canyon.. probably the exact type of areas where the art and theme came from. Whitewater reminds me of the fun and memories of those trips which is why I sought out the game and love the theme.

When I see white, snow capped themed mountains replacing the red rocks with a translite and playfield of desert, red rocks, and people in swimming suits/rafting gear, I have to laugh. Who rafts down rivers in the middle of the winter?

Just my opinion but the white mountains and snow White water was a bad idea born out of a yearning desire to somehow incorporate the abominable snowman yeti into this game. It was not a good idea as that is a different theme altogether.

#49 5 years ago

I’m sure this will get some hate, but I liked the concept of the snowy mountain and Abominable Snowman. I’d love to see a badass wintery game like this, but since they left the rest of the artwork the same... it looks really dumb.

Definitely a half-assed pipe dream, but one that I would support if it was whole-assed... THE RIGHT WAY!

Why don’t we just remake WH2O, and have the pro model, or the super LE snowman model?

#50 5 years ago

Change the theme from rafting to snowboarding, and we have a winner! Would have to rename to something like "White Ice" or "White Powder".

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 39.00
Cabinet - Other
Arcade Upkeep
Other
$ 329.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods
Other
$ 119.99
Cabinet - (Alt) Translites
FlyLand Designs
(Alt) Translites
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.
Flipper parts
Machine - For Sale
Sugarloaf, CO
$ 299.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Shooter rods
$ 22.50
Magazines/books
Pinball Magazine
Magazines/books
$ 109.95
Electronics
PinSound
Electronics
Machine - For Sale
Fort Worth, TX
$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom
Eproms
$ 84.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
FlyLand Designs
Armor and blades
$ 69.50
Boards
Pinball Haus
Boards
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.
Flipper parts
$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields
Decals
$ 79.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Arcade Upkeep
Under cabinet
$ 285.99
Cabinet - Other
PinSound
Other
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinSound
Sound/Speakers
$ 219.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Lit Frames
Decorations
Boards
Slap Save Creations
Boards
$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.
Sound/Speakers
Machine - For Sale
Ontario, CA
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinSound
Sound/Speakers
Boards
KAHR.US Circuits
Boards
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Shooter rods
$ 10.95
Eproms
Pinballrom
Eproms
11,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Los Angeles, CA
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Shooter rods
$ 225.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball
Interactive
$ 1,059.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields
Flipper parts
There are 79 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/making-a-wh2o-normal-again?hl=djshakes and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.