WH2O (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).png
9d198fe30c8c473567bfc9d22c97def63595e96a (resized).jpg
59c4bb606d5495b8e1f8c0af07556bcee9558e53 (resized).jpg
b6caeced31515e707eb69ddd870e055fe1fad26b (resized).jpg
ef24dedefe9e3807da7d577ab27d85a09511ec63 (resized).jpg
cheapassstern (resized).jpg
bigbearraftingwinter (resized).jpg
There are 79 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.
#51 5 years ago

Ive done both.....collected an extra set of Mountains, some broken, made snow caps instead of domed flashers, extra lighting and flashers under the mountains, and brown mountains with snow peaks. Even in the Mountain Plastics, there are forms for rivers, and waterfalls left brown.
For myself, the middle makes me happy. For the Next owner, I have a full set of Brown Originals extra, if they like.

WH2O (resized).jpgWH2O (resized).jpg
#52 5 years ago
Quoted from Utesichiban:

Who rafts down rivers in the middle of the winter?

See pics above of people don't exactly that

#53 5 years ago
Quoted from OLDPINGUY:

Ive done both.....collected an extra set of Mountains, some broken, made snow caps instead of domed flashers, extra lighting and flashers under the mountains, and brown mountains with snow peaks. Even in the Mountain Plastics, there are forms for rivers, and waterfalls left brown.
For myself, the middle makes me happy. For the Next owner, I have a full set of Brown Originals extra, if they like.
[quoted image]

This I like a lot

#54 5 years ago

I was thinking an expedition Everest or Matterhorn type of mountain game. Not sure it would get traction in this day and age but snow, mountains, and the Yeti would have been a great theme in the 90’s.

#55 5 years ago

People may take mountain river rafting trips in May, June, or September and get some unseasonably cold weather and snow but I don’t believe most people or outfitters go rafting in the winter.

In Jackson Hole and similar areas where you can also river raft, you can get snowstorms almost any month of the year. My guess is those pics are from people who had bad luck weather on a spring or early fall rafting trip.

#56 5 years ago
Quoted from Mr_Tantrum:

Change the theme from rafting to snowboarding, and we have a winner! Would have to rename to something like "White Ice" or "White Powder".

Those are good drug names.

#57 5 years ago
Quoted from OLDPINGUY:

[quoted image]

That's not bad, Art. At least yours looks like it was done with some artistic sense in mind. This particular WH2O was done by someone who woke up one morning and said to himself, "White. I like white. Don't care what it looks like or what anyone thinks. I like white. Lots and lots of white."

I will say, I've seen some nicely powdered trim on games. Not a lot, but some. Also, if you're going to do the trim, leave the wireforms and everything else in the game alone. Please. Just because the trim looks nice doesn't mean you have to make everything else that same color.

One thing my wife taught me many years ago when it comes to decorating....less is more.

#58 5 years ago
Quoted from Bryan_Kelly:

That's not bad, Art. At least yours looks like it was done with some artistic sense in mind. This particular WH2O was done by someone who woke up one morning and said to himself, "White. I like white. Don't care what it looks like or what anyone thinks. I like white. Lots and lots of white."
I will say, I've seen some nicely powdered trim on games. Not a lot, but some. Also, if you're going to do the trim, leave the wireforms and everything else in the game alone. Please. Just because the trim looks nice doesn't mean you have to make everything else that same color.
One thing my wife taught me many years ago when it comes to decorating....less is more.

Thank You, I try.

The only thing that looked worse to me than the white mountains, was changing the GI to Blue or Purple! Yikes!.....Old Man eyes.
The thing I like best is using friendly plastic to create caps...even when the mountains were brown, I painted thema light brown , and over did the flashers...
Just bothered me to see all those mountains with red caps..

#59 5 years ago
Quoted from OLDPINGUY:

Thank You, I try.
The only thing that looked worse to me than the white mountains, was changing the GI to Blue or Purple! Yikes!.....Old Man eyes.
The thing I like best is using friendly plastic to create caps...even when the mountains were brown, I painted thema light brown , and over did the flashers...
Just bothered me to see all those mountains with red caps..

I agree with you there. I changed all my caps to blue, and that includes the bulb condoms under the whirlpool. It just looked like it fit the theme better.

#60 5 years ago
Quoted from Rum-Z:

I agree with you there. I changed all my caps to blue, and that includes the bulb condoms under the whirlpool. It just looked like it fit the theme better.

I did that once too, when it was kinda the thing to do. I've since changed back to all red.

Think volcanoes. The red flashers on the tops of the mountains are the volcanoes erupting when you hit those shots. The two boulders in front are lit with GI so they look like molten rocks. The bottom of the whirlpool is red, which looks like the bottom of the molten rocky hole.

I'll also add, anyone who changes all the GI to blue, just because of the water theme, is going to get punched in the nuts.

#61 5 years ago

maybe a new post should be started for the....."I'll show you mine if you show me yours"

#62 5 years ago
Quoted from Bryan_Kelly:

I'll also add, anyone who changes all the GI to blue, just because of the water theme, is going to get punched in the nuts.

Hahahaha

#63 5 years ago
Quoted from Bryan_Kelly:

I did that once too, when it was kinda the thing to do. I've since changed back to all red.
Think volcanoes. The red flashers on the tops of the mountains are the volcanoes erupting when you hit those shots. The two boulders in front are lit with GI so they look like molten rocks. The bottom of the whirlpool is red, which looks like the bottom of the molten rocky hole.

Volcanos and molten rock? Pretty sure they are supposed to depict southwest desert red rock which are sandstone. May have been volcanic thousands of years ago.

It is interesting they made the whirlpool red. I guess I am one that thinks blue makes more sense there.

#64 5 years ago
Quoted from Utesichiban:

It is interesting they made the whirlpool red.

It's not really. Standard W/B insert lighting colors for jackpots are red, as you can see in the 2 red JP inserts on the mini playfield. Blue lighting/condoms by very rarely used by W/B.

Quoted from Rum-Z:

I changed all my caps to blue, and that includes the bulb condoms under the whirlpool. It just looked like it fit the theme better.

And you fucking look me in the face when we're together?
What time do you want me over to your place to look over your shoulder whilst you change them back?

#65 5 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

What time do you want me over to your place to look over your shoulder whilst you change them back?

I'm free most weeknights and weekends.

#66 5 years ago
Quoted from Bryan_Kelly:

Lot of single guys here, the nut punch might be more action than they have had in a long time

#67 5 years ago
Quoted from cosmokramer:

I went back and forth on my FT between powder and stainless...saw a lot of FTs with blue or green powder and it looked awful...I went with the black and think its the only color, other than leaving it stainless, that looks good...
[quoted image]
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

I agree. The black looks pretty good. I've actually never seen one with blue or green.

#68 5 years ago
Quoted from Rum-Z:

I'm free most weeknights and weekends.

Not after I'm done with you.

#69 5 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

Not after I'm done with you.

I'm getting "hostile work environment" vibes here.

#70 5 years ago
Quoted from Utesichiban:

I agree. The black looks pretty good. I've actually never seen one with blue or green.

49b407fdeb036f937020d49c46f04c714930f4c6.jpeg (resized).jpg49b407fdeb036f937020d49c46f04c714930f4c6.jpeg (resized).jpg61eb8bff79eff16b9bcba62a6e6f725800b9c683.jpeg (resized).jpg61eb8bff79eff16b9bcba62a6e6f725800b9c683.jpeg (resized).jpg79871b1b25b29f49f78fd7219be9a4c792b3c6e6 (resized).jpg79871b1b25b29f49f78fd7219be9a4c792b3c6e6 (resized).jpge8fb8daf7adba400d18e2cc2fc821f71c494c5c4 (resized).jpge8fb8daf7adba400d18e2cc2fc821f71c494c5c4 (resized).jpgFT3 (resized).jpgFT3 (resized).jpgb2c3c4fa85f15e3886ab7119b67364d8d02ca087 (resized).jpgb2c3c4fa85f15e3886ab7119b67364d8d02ca087 (resized).jpg
#71 5 years ago

“Listen, I really like blue...
but the reel on FishTales was a turning point”

3B601B24-497B-4928-93B3-AE252FB7A386 (resized).jpeg3B601B24-497B-4928-93B3-AE252FB7A386 (resized).jpeg

#72 5 years ago

lets keep em black fellas. that blue is just a duuhh-zaster

#73 5 years ago
Quoted from cosmokramer:

[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Yikes. That is bad.

#74 5 years ago

Black should work and probably looks best for most WPC games if you want a different look than stainless. The problem with color matching is some people's idea of a match made in heaven for a game looks more like hell. I basically attribute it to some people having more money than taste

Anyways, if anyone is interested in a Bumbles my friend might have one from when he made his WH20 normal again too.

#75 5 years ago
Quoted from mwong168:

Black should work and probably looks best for most WPC games if you want a different look than stainless. The problem with color matching is some people's idea of a match made in heaven for a game looks more like hell. I basically attribute it to some people having more money than taste
Anyways, if anyone is interested in a Bumbles my friend might have one from when he made his WH20 normal again too.

I have also found darker colors seem to work better overall. Anything bright or colors that pop such as teals whites etc are awful. Need something subtle. I saw a medieval with a deep two-tone purple that was great. That fishtales looks terrible

#76 5 years ago

Gettin there. Just need the mountains back.

image (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpg
#77 5 years ago
Quoted from Bryan_Kelly:

Gettin there. Just need the mountains back.
[quoted image]

What did you end up doing with all the white powder coat metal? Scrap pile?

#78 5 years ago
Quoted from Mitch:

What did you end up doing with all the white powder coat metal? Scrap pile?

Garbage. The op didn't want them and neither did I.

1 month later
Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 12.95
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Pimp

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 12.95
$ 84.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
FlyLand Designs

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 15.00
Playfield - Other
Nezzy's Pinball Prints

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

$ 119.99
Cabinet - (Alt) Translites
FlyLand Designs

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 225.00
Cabinet - (Alt) Translites
FlyLand Designs

Machine - For Sale
Ontario, CA
Lighting - Interactive
Pinball Z

$ 329.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

7,780 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Wilsonville, OR
$ 60.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 69.50
Boards
Pinball Haus

7,699 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Evansville, IN
$ 5.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 225.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 10.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 34.99
Rubber/Silicone
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

$ 9.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 189.00
Playfield - Plastics
Starcade Amusement

$ 39.00
Cabinet - Other
Arcade Upkeep

12,610 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Mapleton, UT
$ 1,059.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

There are 79 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/making-a-wh2o-normal-again/page/2 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.