(Topic ID: 44729)

Making a new modern T2 cannon mechanism...

By voodle

11 years ago

Topic Stats

• 3 posts
  • 3 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 11 years ago by exflexer
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

#1 11 years ago

Does anyone have a need for a new cannon gearbox? Mine is crunchy, jumps a bit in certain spots. Electronically it parks in the 'home' position properly each time because it's quite sloppy it doesn't always align with the rail. There's a lot of play in the mechanism.

I was thinking of making a new modern part using a geared stepper motor, an absolute position encoder and arduino micro with custom software. It's easy to detect the voltage to start the motor and to also send back 'home' and 'at mark' positions using arduino output lines instead of actual micro switches. This means no fiddling around with those two micro switches.

Pinball test 14 - gun motor would still be used to position the gun then a push button on the arduino pcb would be pressed to load the position both positions into the arduino.

If there's enough interest I will make it available when I've finished it. Not sure of cost but I really want the cannon fixed and I don't want second hand parts.

#2 11 years ago

There will always be interest if it is of good quality and priced right. If nothing else you will have the satisfaction of creating something. 15000 machines made you will sell some im sure. Good luck.

#3 11 years ago

Or you can just take apart the gearbox, clean it, re-lube it, and call it a day.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 19.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

Playfield - Decals
Pinball Invasion

$ 10.00
Playfield - Decals
UpKick Pinball

4,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Cleveland, OH
$ 27.95
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 15.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 9.95
$ 36.00
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 99.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
$ 21.95
$ 12.99
Playfields
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

$ 329.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 39.99
Rubber/Silicone
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 49.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 9.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/making-a-new-modern-t2-cannon-mechanism and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.