9 years ago

Topic Stats

• 10 posts
  • 6 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 9 years ago by PIN_GROOM
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

#1 9 years ago

Grew up watching Hee Haw and here is Roy on the Odd Couple in 1971. He pulls off Rage Against the Machine type acoustic at 2:15!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=WFfB2JQmTCs

#2 9 years ago

Beast!

It is also a very fun game.

#3 9 years ago

Wow, he really killed it on that guitar. Thanks for posting that vid.

#4 9 years ago

And the sideburns rule!

#5 9 years ago

Wow, that was good. I knew nothing about him.

#6 9 years ago

Official Roy Clark appreciation thread

I mean, seriously, I've always been a huge fan and he just does not get the credit he deserves as a top notch guitarist.

#7 9 years ago

Very entertaining

Guys is very quick fingered.

#8 9 years ago

The Lightning Fingers of Roy Clark is the title of one of his albums.

#9 9 years ago
    Quoted from PoMC:

I mean, seriously, I've always been a huge fan and he just does not get the credit he deserves as a top notch guitarist.

That's what happens when you choose country music as your main form. Look at how it's held RS back from getting more love

#10 9 years ago
    Quoted from PoMC:

He pulls off Rage Against the Machine type acoustic...

??? All you other Roy Clark's are just imitating!

Roy Clark is a bad mother trucker! But, what I've heard of his albums came off kinda lifeless, so I avoid them.

To me, it's similar to Willie Dixon, in that Dixon is responsible for SO MANY of the classic Chicago blues songs we all know and love, yet he just can't do "front man" duty.

Both men are super talented, but just don't quite "work" on their own.

Bad ass Flamenco work not withstanding.

If someone who knows more about Roy's work than I can point me to an instrumental (or just awesome) album to check out, that would be great.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/makes-me-want-a-roy-clark-the-entertainer and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.