6 years ago

Topic Stats

• 50 posts
  • 35 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 6 years ago by Pinballgeek
  • Topic is favorited by 16 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

There have been 5 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

Picture_1.png
    Bob_s_Gameroom_(Space_Invaders).jpg
    517744ZKVOL_SY300_.jpg
    pics21_011.JPG
    pics21_005.JPG

#1 6 years ago

Hey everyone-I found these awesome LED strip lights on Amazon for under $40. Comes with remote control and you can change the color changing patterns from slow fade,etc. I was amazed how cool they turned out and how they look. I purchased the water-proof strip for $5 extra-I think it is more durable and will last longer. It made my new marvel wall even more marvelous(;

amazon.com link »

pics21_005.JPG pics21_011.JPG 517744ZKVOL_SY300_.jpg

#2 6 years ago

Sweet! I'm looking at putting something similar in my home theater once I get that finished as well.

#3 6 years ago

Sweet. I'm getting this for under my car.

I've always wanted that look that was so popular with the kids

Chris

#4 6 years ago

That is my dream Pin lineup right there...

#5 6 years ago

Awesome, that is a great deal! Nice line up.

#6 6 years ago

That would perfect for my pin wall.

#7 6 years ago

I used these a under cabinet lighting in our kitchen, they work great.

#8 6 years ago

very cool!

#9 6 years ago

Very nice look!

#10 6 years ago

cool, very nice, i like the fact that you can change the colors.

i did exactly the same in my gameroom 4 years ago but about 36 inches high, blue.

Bob_s_Gameroom_(Space_Invaders).jpg

#11 6 years ago
    Quoted from Butch2099:

That is my dream Pin lineup right there...

Amazing. Gotta be based on theme, right?

#12 6 years ago

Great find. Well done sir!

#13 6 years ago

Really nice! can you connect multiple strips and are they hard wired or do they just plug into an outlet? im in the process if finishing my basement, and these look perfect.

#14 6 years ago
    Quoted from Lermods:

Really nice! can you connect multiple strips and are they hard wired or do they just plug into an outlet? im in the process if finishing my basement, and these look perfect.

Most of these if you need a lot more length you just install another full kit, but, one remote will control all at the same time.

#15 6 years ago

You can connect multiple strips together (I've got two connected in my basement). The first strip plugs into an outlet, and they can be cut every three inches if needed. If you plug a lot of strips together you'll need to buy a repeater.

#16 6 years ago

That is the same remote and power assembly that is in the light up speaker kits that pinballtoppers sells. That's probably what they use to make them (or at least sourced from the same company).

Chris

#17 6 years ago
    Quoted from Lermods:

Yes they have female slots at end for male connections-you could do entire basement-Yes they just plug into outlet.

Quoted from SilverUnicorn:

That is the same remote and power assembly that is in the light up speaker kits that pinballtoppers sells. That's probably what they use to make them (or at least sourced from the same company).

Chris

Yes it is -LED wholesalers is probably #1 in sales. They sell small strips too-I have one in my Spiderman and just plugs into outlet on box inside cabinet. Also uses remote control

#18 6 years ago

I took a roll of this strip and cut it into 5 pieces about 3 feet long each. Then I used one piece under each of 5 machines to create an undercabinet lighting effect. There are some inexpensive splicers that I stuck on to the ends of the strips. I ran wires from the splicers to a 12 volt and ground connections under the left flipper of my WPC games. The end result can be seen in the game room picture thread on page 15. Although you can't see the changing of the color, you can get the idea.

#19 6 years ago

looks like the LED color changing bulb, except now LED strips. Very nice, I might have to do my lighting like this too

#20 6 years ago
    Quoted from StevenP:

Amazing. Gotta be based on theme, right?

Yes, I'm a big comic book fan & the games just take that to a whole other level..

#21 6 years ago
    Quoted from ChrisS:

Sweet. I'm getting this for under my car.

I've always wanted that look that was so popular with the kids

Put it on the wheels of your car.

#22 6 years ago

They look so sexy all together like that. Cool lighting, will have to look into that.

#23 6 years ago

Pinmister and beatmaster, thanks for sharing your pictures and info. Your rooms look great!

You guys are giving me great ideas for when I finish remodeling our old part of our basement. I would love to see more pictures. LEDs and neon always make me feel happy inside

#24 6 years ago

I like the look, but I can't play in a room that dark. My loss.

#25 6 years ago

I'll stick with the neon signs.

#26 6 years ago

that looks great. I actually have a ten meter set I'm watching on ebay to do my stairs leading into the gameroom. If it looks good enough I will finish the rest of the game room.

#27 6 years ago

I think this link is a better deal:

amazon.com link »

#28 6 years ago

Epic
    What a coincidence earlier today someone told me to put led strip round the edge of the ceiling but he said it will cost a bomb but this seems rock bottom cheap

#29 6 years ago

Is there any which comes in a longer length

#30 6 years ago

So you're the guy who is buying all the Stern superhero games!! Quit it!! We need something different hahaha

Lights look good, I have them under my pins, don't turn them on much though..but they look good..

1 week later
    #31 6 years ago

Back again measure my gameroom which hold taf sttng mame cab and games console and garage which holds diner, ij4, banzai(babysit) and jd(gone in couple of weeks) and I will need 35 metres of colour changing tape and does anyone know where to get a large amount of it

#32 6 years ago

I purchased a set like this off ebay a year ago or so. You can find them really cheap coming from China/Hong Kong Etc.

Here is a complete set 10m for about $30 shipped. A few things if purchasing off Ebay.

ebay.com link » New 10m 3528 300 Led Smd Rgb 2x5m Light Strip 24 Key Free Ir Remote 5a Power

Make sure it come with Led strip, remote, transformer w/ plug, and the small white box(connector?)

They sell strips that are waterproof and non water proof. They also sell strips that have 150 leds per 5m and 300 leds per 5m. Making sure it has the black transformer a plug is important, unless you want to source that which can also be found cheap on Ebay from China, lol. Usually like 2 or 3 bucks.

I think OP and Beatmaster gameroom lighting looks excellent. I really like the idea of hiding the strip under the chair rail or whatever you call that half way up the wall. The strip itself is not that attractive.

#33 6 years ago

You can connect as many strands as necessary-just buy more strands without controller. See link-post pic when done-I would like to see how they turn out.

amazon.com link »

#34 6 years ago

Found one 40metres
    £160 from china
    Without shipping

#35 6 years ago

Nice-let me know what they look like and the spacing between the leds-I like the brand I purchased they are spaced tightly together-they look nice and work well-nice and bright.

#36 6 years ago

I will do it as soon as I decorate the garage and gameroom again

#37 6 years ago

Is the remote rf? Or do you have to have line of sight to control?

#38 6 years ago

Still waiting for some genius to make a multi-channel controllable version of these. Guess the engineers in China too busy knocking off stuff to actually innovate something like that, and nobody in the US seems to have figured out that there might be a demand for people to use more than one color on a strip or in the same room. >_<

#39 6 years ago

I've heard these things are hit or miss. The link is to a seller in china. Even though everything comes from china, think I'd rather buy it from a us supplier, even if it costs more. How you going to return it if you need to?

#40 6 years ago

Yeah, I'm going through Amazon and get a strip for the inside deck! Cool!!

#41 6 years ago

Nice looking. May do this in my next house.
    Now the question, what is the best height for this? I am thinking just below the height of the lock down bar if angling the light down and about 7' if angling up.

#44 6 years ago

i received those last monday, cheap price and shipping from us, got those in 10 days and i'm in canada.

paid $10.87 + $4.00 for shipping, all you need is a power supply $5.00-$10.00

ebay.com link » 5m 12v 150leds 5050 Smd Rgb Led Strip Ip65 Waterproof 44 Key Ir Controller L119 Picture_1.png

#45 6 years ago

Just ordered from Amazon. Kit and kaboodle $32

#46 6 years ago

This looks great. I need to know what the exact width is of the strip. Could anyone measure theirs?

#47 6 years ago

Check these out.

#48 6 years ago

That is very cool. How is it installed in the second vid? Looks like the molding is offset by an inch or so and the strips are installed in that gap.

#49 6 years ago

very nice, i saw those and was going to buy it, never saw the video before, damn... now i'm gonna have to re-think what i was going to do.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
    $ 100.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    G-Money Mods
    $ 20.50
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    The MOD Couple
    $ 15.00
    Playfield - Decals
    Metal-Mods
    Lighting - Other
    Professor Pinball
    $ 22.00
    Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    $ 12.75
    $ 48.00
    Cabinet - Other
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    $ 495.00
    Cabinet - Armor And Blades
    MI Pinball Refinery
    $ 37.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    The MOD Couple
    $ 89.99
    $ 159.99
    Lighting - Other
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 39.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Sparky Pinball
    $ 7,999.00
    Pinball Machine
    Great American Pinball
    $ 89.99
    Lighting - Led
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 25.00
    Playfield - Decals
    Flashinstinct
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Medisinyl Mods
    $ 10.00
    $ 22.50
    $ 29.99
    Lighting - Interactive
    Lee's Parts
    $ 84.95
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    PinBoss Mods
    Cabinet - Other
    Rock Custom Pinball
    $ 144.00
    Lighting - Backbox
    The MOD Couple
    $ 76.95
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    Super Skill Shot Shop
    $ 89.99
    Lighting - Led
    Lighted Pinball Mods

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside